As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Original Gameboy games...wow there's an oldie for ya...

13»

• Options
    ScottyScotty Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    radjago wrote: »
    IMO, GBA SP is the only way to go. How can you stand playing without color or light? It's like rising early in the morning to go hunting for your dinner.

Nostalgia my friend...nostalgia. I've been playing Metroid 2 since I got it the day I found the GB...man, it's just as fun as ever. Green screen and all.

Scotty on
  • Options
    eaglearchereaglearcher Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yoshi's Egg. So simple, so addicting.

1139353570-00.png

eaglearcher on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    So I picked up Donkey Kong (Mint in Box no less, and the box looks brand new with instructions and all) and Castlevania II Belmont's revenge...both are worthy of the purchase for sure, but it's Donkey Kong that's blowing me away...SO much better than I thought it'd be. (I thought it'd be great)

game-Software-All-Gameboy-Donkey_Kong-resized200.jpg

Scotty on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    rusty6713 wrote: »
    Can I just say that it's awesome someone else had Qix for the original Gameboy? Awesome stuff!

<3

What is this bullshit lack of beating heart?!

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    malerikmalerik Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Scotty wrote: »
    So I picked up Donkey Kong (Mint in Box no less, and the box looks brand new with instructions and all) and Castlevania II Belmont's revenge...both are worthy of the purchase for sure, but it's Donkey Kong that's blowing me away...SO much better than I thought it'd be. (I thought it'd be great)

game-Software-All-Gameboy-Donkey_Kong-resized200.jpg

I remember when I first got a gameboy pocket my friend at school really wanted to play my final fantasy legend 3, so i agreed to swap with him. He gave me donkey kong, said it was awesome. Now this guy had terrible taste in games for the most part, so i thought it was the original, which is awesome no doubt, but a little... limited.

That night I thought "I'll load it up for a quick game" whilst I was on the john, and didn't get up for about three hours.

In short, awesome game. New mario and the mini's games are dissapointing in comparison.

malerik on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    rusty6713 wrote: »
    Can I just say that it's awesome someone else had Qix for the original Gameboy? Awesome stuff!

<3

Ah man, I saw Qix when I was buying DK and Castlevania...probably should have grabbed it up. Hopefully it's still there when I go again.

Malerik...yes, I know exactly what you mean.

Scotty on
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yoshi's Egg. So simple, so addicting.

1139353570-00.png

Oh yes. I spent so many long car trips as a kid playing this and Tetris on my Gameboy.

bruin on