As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mark Kistler [ROCKS] the chat thread.

• Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    This title is confusing, am I meant to be rocking or chatting?

Do you just do whatever is in the brackets?

[SEND ME YOUR MONEY]

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Betelgeuse wrote: »
    And I would have shrugged

would you

hey does anyone, by chance, know how to get Silver(I) Fluoride to dissolve in water without oxidizing?

Tam on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh, I know. I do it allllllll the time when taking a bath, pff it's like common knowledge obviously

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You don't take baths. Don't lie.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    This title is confusing, am I meant to be rocking or chatting?

Do you just do whatever is in the brackets?

[SEND ME YOUR MONEY]

Must....send....metalbourne....money.

Mustang on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Loomdun wrote: »
    I get eye humped a lot by people who don't shamefully hide it, does that count?

You are paranoid.

OF COURSE it is the only solution

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Tam wrote: »

would you

hey does anyone, by chance, know how to get Silver(I) Fluoride to dissolve in water without oxidizing?

I hate chemistry.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cablevision is going to drive me to drink.

...more. Drink more.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    edited March 2009

would you

I hate chemistry.

yeah so do I

Tam on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's friday, and work is busy. This does not happy a desperaterobots make.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    bebarcebebarce Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have absolutely no idea about chemistry, but I imagine the best option would somehow involve changing the environment of the water.

Could doing things like distilling the water to remove heavy metals from it, running a current through the water, or creating a vacuum allow you to introduce it without oxidation occuring?

bebarce on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You should come to my work, all I do here is bad AC challenge art with a mouse and a copy of PS 5.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    bebarce wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea about chemistry, but I imagine the best option would somehow involve changing the environment of the water.

Could doing things like distilling the water to remove heavy metals from it, running a current through the water, or creating a vacuum allow you to introduce it without oxidation occuring?

Already tried DI water with nitrogen bubbled through it to get the dissolved oxygen out, in a vacuum chamber to eliminate humidity, nothing works

We've already tried 3 samples of 99.99% pure AgF and none of them dissolved properly. It is really quite frustrating.

Tam on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    What's the deal with Beavo's new avatar.

I thought I was looking at posts by some random dude that wandered in from like the MMO forum or something.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah apparently Beavs has a new avatar that makes her look like some random dude.
    And I have one that makes me look like a suspicious Colonel Sanders.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And who the fuck are you?!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Do you like Mustang's new avatar, Bacon?

Tam on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He's that donkey guy! Or was it a camel?

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Bacon wrote:
    And who the fuck are you?!
    I am the very model of a modern Major-General
    I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral
    I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights historical
    From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical

It was a llama or an alpacca.

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Already tried DI water with nitrogen bubbled through it to get the dissolved oxygen out, in a vacuum chamber to eliminate humidity, nothing works

We've already tried 3 samples of 99.99% pure AgF and none of them dissolved properly. It is really quite frustrating.

Dissolve the AgF in hydroflouric acid first. Then turn the acid into water.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

I like it if he's going to stick with it so if I have to for whatever reason draw something an asshole post involving him I know what I should make him look like.

Better than those "This avatar is stolen from 'POPULAR CULTURE'" douchebags.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Dissolve the AgF in hydroflouric acid first. Then turn the acid into water.

We've tried that before and that didn't work either. Though that was a long time ago, and with a less pure sample. I'll give it another go. Thanks.

I like it if he's going to stick with it so if I have to for whatever reason draw something an asshole post involving him I know what I should make him look like.

Better than those "This avatar is stolen from 'POPULAR CULTURE'" douchebags.

hey hey hey

I am not a douchebag

also, GLEE, I made that avatar

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Change the state of the metal or the water and see which combination works?

(Man i'm like trying every fucking scifi channel response in the book. I might as well be suggesting injection through the tip of a unicorn horn.)

bebarce on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    hey hey hey

I am not a douchebag

WHAT?! When did this happen?

Too many changes around here for me to keep up with.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Change the state of the metal or the water and see which combination works?

(Man i'm like trying every fucking scifi channel response in the book. I might as well be suggesting injection through the tip of a unicorn horn.)

Goddammit, bebarce. You have to reverse the polarity on the disruptors so that the oxygen is forced away from the silver atoms. Like trying to touch the north poles of two magnets together.

See, everything in scifi becomes plausible when you tack an over-simplified explanation to it. Futurama taught me everything I know about science.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Mock me now, but when the earth is in danger from meteors i'll be screening the fucking presidents calls.

bebarce on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Windows 7 is pretty fucking slick so far

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Mock me now, but when the earth is in danger from meteors i'll be screening the fucking presidents calls.

Yeah? Well I'll be the one blowing up the meteors in a single triangular space ship because I'm the only man old enough to remember that game and young enough to still have the reflexes to pull it off. After I return to earth I'll be a goddamn hero and get blowjobs from groupies like a balloon getting its dick sucked.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Gah, balloons taste terrible. Who would suck a balloon's dick? Seriously now.

Prospicience on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Your mom.

I twisted that motherfucker up into a giraffe for her.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Pssht, more like have fun dying heroicly when you realize you're out of missles, but that last meteor is on a path straight for the hospital where your coma patient wife is held up (Everyone else already evacuated, but a mix up caused her hospital room to be missed.). No time to think hotshot, looks like you're going to have to "Drive the arrow home." Be sure to leave a garbled message to NASA telling them how proud you are of America.

bebarce on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    hey hey hey

I am not a douchebag

WHAT?! When did this happen?

Too many changes around here for me to keep up with.

why do you insist on making me cry every time you talk to me?

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Thats what the law does.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You seriously need an avatar

Tam on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Psh. Next you'll be saying Apple Jacks don't taste like apple.

I eat what I like.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Pssht, more like have fun dying heroicly when you realize you're out of missles, but that last meteor is on a path straight for the hospital where your coma patient wife is held up (Everyone else already evacuated, but a mix up caused her hospital room to be missed.). No time to think hotshot, looks like you're going to have to "Drive the arrow home." Be sure to leave a garbled message to NASA telling them how proud you are of America.

You have unlimited ammo, you ass.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Just steal Tam's avatar.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    By the way Tam, I don't think I ever officially thanked you for the avatar, remind me to do that.

Mustang on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited March 2009
    Aw, Moss' dad died, that blows huge man :(

bombardier on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I can't even begin to imagine how painful that must be. So sorry, Moss.

Tam on
This discussion has been closed.