As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Big Idea] Pitch your best project

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So.... we're waiting on Rend to post his proposal, yes?

Good! That gives me more time to work on mine

lonelyahava on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I'll have it up pretty soon unless robosunny comes and says diff'rnt.

Rend on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ohhhh Then I should get to work on fine tuning mine!

lonelyahava on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Again, might I suggest that the decision to invest in ones own new product, to leave the product out in case others want to invest, or to trash a product, be noted in bold cyan so that the next person in line knows when it's their turn to go?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • robotsunshinerobotsunshine regular
    edited March 2009
    Sorry, guys - had a day-long cable outage, internet was down. You've all got the go ahead to pitch and invest, and I'll be back this evening. Loving the products!

robotsunshine on
    edited March 2009
    Ladies and Gentlemen, entrepreneurs of Robotic Sunshine Investments, I am not here to offer you some sort of gimmicky new invention. Oh no, far from it. I am here to offer something the likes of which nobody on this earth has ever seen. My name is Rend Miller-Goldstein, and I am on my way to produce the world's very first...

Patriotic Laser Musical

Patriotic Laser Musical - The Future in Entertainment

The Patriotic Laser Musical is the artistic brainchild of our time, capable of carrying our society into realms of entertainment never before experienced. As anyone who has seen a musical will tell you, they are engaging and artistically significant. Lives have been changed by productions such as Wicked, Rent, and other such masterpieces. However, what did those shows lack?

Well, investors, simply: Patriotic Lasers. Imagine, if you will! The scene opens up to soldiers fighting for the freedom of their country against invasion by a different country! BAM, begin musical number featuring the opposing forces walking up to the soldiers singing about their demise. Then, the refrain! The soldiers respond, lasers in the colors of the flag EVERYWHERE at once, shouting the patriotic message of freedom and defense against the wicked!

You would be a fool not to invest in the production of the very first Patriotic Laser Musical.

I will be Investing one of my own chips in this product.

Rend on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That is an excellent product. :^:

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh man. That is a work of art right there.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited March 2009
    ((please be warned. You are not prepared for this..

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2009
    mlscc6.jpg

Ladies and Gentleman! Boys and Girls! And Wannabe Chefs of all Ages! Come one, come all and witness the most innovative technology in ktichen gadgets that has been invented in many years! But before I show you the brilliant and amazing device that will change how you prepare meals from this day forth, Answer these questions for me!

Have you ever gone to a fancy restaurant and had a delicious meal and wondered just how you can make it happen at home? Have you sat for hours on end on your couch and watched continual cooking shows, all the while trying to fingure out just how that chef has managed to cut those onions and celery so small and yet not lose chunks of flesh to those ultra sharp knives? Have you wanted to recreate a memorable first date meal for the woman of your dreams as the perfect setting for a marriage proposal, but were afraid of landing yourself in the emergency room due to your inept skills with knives and gadgets?

If you have answered yes to any or all of these questions, have no fear! We here at IKG have the solution for you! Allow me to introduce to you, the Mechanical Lubricated Safety Chef Copier!
    mlscc1.jpg

This small hand-held device is everything that you've always wanted to help solve your problems in the kitchen. Allow me to demonstrate.

have you ever been in the situation where your grill flares into a billowing tower of smoke, suitable not for cooking, but for signalling to the other failed grill-masters in your area that you too are one of them?
    mlscc2.png

Have you spent hours in the kitchen trying to simply slice one onion, but have been brought to tears not only because of the onion, but the heart-stopping fear of losing a finger to your dull knives?
    mlscc3.png

Well, with the wonders of the Mechanical Lubricated Safety Chef Copier, those days are over! The MLSCC is the latest in DNA and brain-wave copying technology. Simply pull out the barcode tattoo form the packaging and apply it to your arm. The Barcode of the MLSCC has an integrated computer chip that will embed itself into your skin and send it's electrodes into your nervous system to connect to your brain.*

*please note: this technology has not been cleared by the FDA. May cause bleeding at the injection site, brain malfunctions, and the desire to continually say "I'm Sorry, I can't do that Dave."

The next step is very simple. Go to your favorite restaurant and speak to the chef there. Explain to him what you want to accomplish by using the MLSCC. Most chefs will have no problem with the procedure. Simply ask, politely, that the chef allow you to apply the second barcode from the MLSCC kit to the back of his neck. The same electrode process will take place, but since this barcode is on the neck, there will be even less pain at the injection site.
    mlscc4.jpg

Once the Chef has agreed, applied the barcode, and revived himself from the initial shock, simply take the MLSCC device into your hand and scan both the chefs barcode and then your own.

Now, I won't bore you with the technical details of what happens as the device reads the individual barcodes, but let's just say the transformation is amazing. With only this one use of the MLSCC, you, yes YOU will now retain all of the safety knowledge and training from the chef that you scanned. Quickly, Hurry back to your home and test out your new skills with knives and cooking with wine. Everything you have ever wanted to cook will be at your fingertips.*

*provided that the knowledge of said dish was inside the chef you scanned's brain.

The MLSCC kit comes with one individual barcode for the owner/operator and five barcodes for different chefs. Italian, Chinese, Indian, American, it doesn't matter! Now you can copy any chef's knowledge into your brain and safely create their specialty recipes within in your own home.

No more worrying about chopping off fingers or spraying blood into your red sauce. The answer to all of your culinary desires and problems is right here, in this handheld device, the Mechanical Lubricated Safety Chef Copier! Use this every time you need a special meal prepared, and soon enough, you'll be able to place your face here:
    mlscc5.jpg

So please, Consider the Mechanical Lubricated Safety Chef Copier for yourself, or a friend today!

((investing one into this product))

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2009
    lonely, we may have the chance for a strategic alliance, I'll pitch in a few minutes.

enlightenedbum on
    edited March 2009
    Oh sweetness.. I got TOTP with that.. *cackles*

and ebum, I await with curiosity

lonelyahava on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    /was not prepared for that

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
    edited March 2009
    Can you invest more than one?

Rend on
    edited March 2009
    I dunno. But I like my thing and so therefore, until told otherwise, I want Two! Hah!

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2009
    Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to announce that Bum Corp has done what no government has yet been able to do. We have found life on Mars!

martians.jpg

In true capitalist fashion, we decided to exploit them for profit. Later this year we will be opening an amusement park in Florida where selected Martian species will be exhibited.

Most importantly, we have discovered that when we replace traditional Earth eggs with Martian eggs, all kinds of baked goods become incredibly delicious. So we are proud to announce in partnership with the Girl Scouts of America...

The Martian Monster Cookie!

That's right, you can be among the first to eat the offspring of the first alien life found by humans!

Even more exciting though, is that the testers who have sampled the Martian Monster Cookie began losing weight at a rapid rate*. We are proud to have produced not only a delicious cookie, but a healthy cookie as well!

*Rumors that this weight loss was a result of the emergence of a green creature from the tester's chest are completely unfounded. We deny all accusations that our testers have mysteriously disappeared only to be replaced by robots.

Invest in Bum Corp today to join in this exciting opportunity!

(I will invest in this product)

Bum Corp is now hiring product testers.

enlightenedbum on
    edited March 2009
    I'm gonna have a hard time deciding between Patriotic Laser Musicals and the MLSCC when we get to invest in other products.

enlightenedbum on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I must confess that I am both mildly disturbed and considering picking up a copy of this game. Well done to everyone so far.

Darian on
    edited March 2009
    hehehe martian cookies.... tha'ts cool

lonelyahava on
  • MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Rend wrote: »
    Can you invest more than one?

You cannot invest more than one token at a time. (So lonelyahava, you can only invest one on the initial presentation.) Otherwise, everyone could invest all their money in their own products and then the game would be simply up to chance. (Of course, that's not really the point of the game either.)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
    edited March 2009
    Ok. I fixed it.

lonelyahava on
  • manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    In todays sacrilegious sinful pagan society. Men are woman are able to perform terrible deeds such as playing video games, taking the lord's name in vain, sex before marriage, and gay marriage. Without any visible consequence or retribution from our wonderful and merciful god. However today it's your turn to play God with The Deluxe Holy Hammer

Leo%2BXIII%2BGolden%2BHammer.JPG

Infused with the powers of our lord and savior this hammer can be used to smite down the wicked and evil hearts within our society through vigilante justice. Those who participate in debauchery will prostrate themselves to your feet begging for mercy. However it will be for naught as you strike them down to the fiery hell in which they belong. This hammer also serves as a great decoration for the household and can be used individuals of any age and is a useful tool for a family.

In order to win the culture wars within America a strong investment must be made in order to protect our future, our children, and our very way of life. That investment is The Deluxe Holy Hammer

(Not Investing in my product)

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
    edited March 2009
    Very nice manaleak, very nice

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2009
    Gentlemen, let me put my product before you now, not as an idea, but an oppurtunity. I intend to carve out a brave new world from this broken one we live in. How, you may ask, could I do this? Carve out an entire new ideology? Well I can, by first carving one, simple structure.

The Theoretical Atomic Obelisk!

I propose that we construct one of these majestic centrepieces in every town and city, so that we build a foundation upon it's teachings. Many in this world are ignorant to the facts of this world, lost in a dream. Well now, it's time to wake up.

obelisk.jpg

Each of these obelisks we have written upon them all of the fundamentals of atomic theory, fully accessible to the public. Imagine the possibilities. A whole new breed of scientists will be created, leading to unfathomable progress in the field. The more we discover, the more we may add to these stone tomes. In time, humanity will have achieved so much.

possibilities.jpg

A new age will be upon us, and the people shall rejoice.

publicreaction.jpg

I will not be investing in my own product.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited March 2009
    LOL

gorgeous... supremely gorgeous

lonelyahava on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I 100% regret my lack of participation in this game.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited March 2009
    manaleak and Daius' products need to have a fight for supremacy.

enlightenedbum on
    edited March 2009
    nuh uh....

Mine is just as awesome!

just not as ouchies.

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2009
    nuh uh....

Mine is just as awesome!

just not as ouchies.

I meant in that one is creating atheism as a positive outcome and the other is, you know, a hammer to beat God into people.

enlightenedbum on
    edited March 2009
    well I was more thinking of it as a hammer to beat the things that were driving people away from god with.....

like smashing 360s and PS3s and such.

but beating people is just as cool I suppose

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2009
    What's awesome about Daius' product is how he's hyping it up, and how it's going to usher in a new era to humanity, but then at the end he says, "I will not invest in this product," like he knows something we don't and is afraid.

I love the Deluxe Holy Hammer. I would invest tons in that.

That's everyone, right? Here we go:

Venture Phase (Secret)
    Each player now has a chance to invest in one new product introduced in the previous phase. PM the host the product you wish to invest one investment chip in or the decision to decline investing. You may not invest in your own product at this time. Once all investments are submitted, they are revealed simultaneously. The player that created the most popularly-invested product earns a $1 Good Idea Bonus. If there is a tie for most popular product, no bonus is distributed.

Current Financial Standings:
    1. Permanent Phone Book: 0
    2. Patriotic Laser Musical: 1
    3. Mechanical Lubricated Safety Chef Copier: 1
    4. Martian Monster Cookie: 1
    5. Deluxe Holy Hammer: 0
    6. Theoretical Atomic Obelisk: 0

I'm stealing ideas from this thread to use as commercials in the PTA game I'm running (you can find that right here ). If anyone objects for whatever reason, just let me know and I'll remove your product. I posted a link in the first commercial to this here thread.

robotsunshine on
    edited March 2009
    Get your investments in!

enlightenedbum on
    edited March 2009
    We await only Rend.

robotsunshine on
    edited March 2009
    Rend you're single-handedly destroying the world economy what the hell.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited March 2009
    Mezzanine Phase (Open)
    Each player now has a chance to further invest in one more product, both new products and old products left over from the previous round, and including ones own product. Because more information is available, it costs cash to invest in this phase. To invest in a product, you must pay each player $1 for every chip they already have on the product (ignoring the presence of foreign investor chips). Actions are taken in order, starting with the lead player, and at most one investment chip may be placed by each player.

(also guys you should totally make company names and post them)

Current Financial Standings:
    1. Permanent Phone Book: 0
    2. Patriotic Laser Musical: 2
    3. Mechanical Lubricated Safety Chef Copier: 3
    4. Martian Monster Cookie: 1
    5. Deluxe Holy Hammer: 1
    6. Theoretical Atomic Obelisk: 2

If You Invest, You Owe These People

Permanent Phone Book = (no one)
    Patriotic Laser Musical = Rend, Daius
    Mechanical Lubricated Safety Chef Copier = lonelyahava, enlightenedbum, manaleak34
    Martian Monster Cookie = enlightenedbum
    Deluxe Holy Hammer = Rend
    Theoretical Atomic Obelisk = Utsanomiko, lonelyahava

Turn Order
    1. Utsanomiko
    2. Rend
    3. lonelyahava
    4. enlightenedbum
    5. manaleak34
    6. Daius

Fiscal Sales Reports and Market News

- Exciting news for fans of the Mechanical Lubricated Safety Chef Copier: the investments are pouring in, and with a strong corporate backing and marketing plan, it looks like the new Wonder Toy of the Week is set to hit it big with the public. No word yet on price or affordability: how will the company balance the cost of such a sophisticated piece of technology with the middle-class wannabe-chef demographic it intends to target?
    - Casting calls have already started for the new Patriotic Laser Musical. A mole from on the set claims the special effects technicians have been working non-stop to get this thing up and running by August. Word is, President Obama himself may make a surprise appearance, "in one [way] or another." This is bound to be a hit - investors, take note!
    - From the We're-Not-Touching-That-One-With-A-Ten-Foot-Pole Department: the first batch of mysterious Theoretical Atomic Obelisks is finishing production and set to display in major cities such as New York, Washington D.C., L.A., Atlanta, and Chicago. Lips are being held superhuman-shut regarding the next wave of expansions.
    - Lastly, from our "Actually Useful Invention" file: the Permanent Phone Book is seeing very little investor love, straight out the gate. GPS afficiandos hope the trend doesn't continue.

robotsunshine on
    edited March 2009
    We're Bum Corp as previously stated.

enlightenedbum on
    edited March 2009
    Ex Machina Incorporated

Investments from the machine.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited March 2009
    Rend Applied Technologies

When you need it done better.

Rend on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I will Invest in the Mechanical Lubricated Safety Chef Copier, by paying $3 to lonelyahava, enlightenedbum, & manaleak34.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
    edited March 2009
    I will Invest in the Deluxe Holy Hammer, for free. Truly one of the most moral inventions of our time!

Rend on