As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Team Fortress 2 : Pictograph Edition

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I play Linkin Park backwards whenever I play Medic.

I start crying when I Uburcharge someone.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »

Twelve foot long bonesaws god damn.

Seriously where do they get those things.

Gah.

Quick, somebody! Light the Zoidberg signal!

that made me laugh

Roland_tHTG on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    People who play medics are masochists.

Who knew!?

Untrue. Medics come in many shapes, sizes and flavors!

Many of the most vocal medics are not really masochists, but rather what I like to call Damsels In Distress. They're usually the ones who cling to their team mates and make shrill bleating noises when exposed to danger. Desperately searching for love and acceptance in a world that knows only pain, they cower before opponents who hold a more Darwinian view on the finer points of success.

The rest are god damned bonesaw ninjas and should be approached with a side of raw beef in hand, lest they mistake you for food.

Gah.

I killed a heavy with the needlegun today... it made me feel sadness and confusion.

Not sure which category that is

initiatefailure on
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Who knew!?

Many of the most vocal medics are not really masochists, but rather what I like to call Damsels In Distress. They're usually the ones who cling to their team mates and make shrill bleating noises when exposed to danger. Desperately searching for love and acceptance in a world that knows only pain, they cower before opponents who hold a more Darwinian view on the finer points of success.

The rest are god damned bonesaw ninjas and should be approached with a side of raw beef in hand, lest they mistake you for food.

Gah.

I killed a heavy with the needlegun today... it made me feel sadness and confusion.

I still doggedly carry around my standard-issue Syringe Gun, in the vain hope of reliving the time it went on a crit streak and tore down an overhealed Heavy who had a Medic actively healing him.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    IvanIssacs wrote: »
    I'd suck DualEdge off for his ability

true story

I'd even give a reacharound.

Which one? My ability to decloak in front of a sentry without disguising or my ability to jump into a crocket at 99% ubercharge?

DualEdge on
  • TK-42-1TK-42-1 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Who knew!?

Gah.

i killed at kritzd heavy (still being healed) with the ubersaw on dustbowl 1-1 today. i felt awesome until his widowed medic got me

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    PMAvers wrote: »

Gah.

Quick, somebody! Light the Zoidberg signal!

pl_goldrush0061.jpg

pl_goldrush0062z.jpg

pl_goldrush0063.jpg

pl_goldrush0064.jpg

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Noice.

UEAKCrash on
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hahaha. That's even better than I had imagined.

Good show, John.

Monsty on
  • Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Roland_tHTG on
    edited March 2009
    pl_goldrush0062z.jpg

thats like something out of one of my nightmares

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • John ZoidbergJohn Zoidberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have that effect on people.

John Zoidberg on
    Xbox Live: Ink Pouch / PSN: Stiff_Ninja / Origin: PAZoidberg / Steam
  • ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How do you feel, Zoidberg

Also, guys, I was told today by some of the responsibles of my Faculty's Department of English Studies that I am probably going to Cambridge for a year thanks to the ERASMUS programme, I am so fucking happy right now :cry:

Impersonator on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Had my first go at a PA game today and I have to say I was not disappointed with my performance. Considering I've only been able to play the 360 version thus far, I was wondering how I'd make the transition. Apparently, I made it rather well.

Of course, a large part of that confidence comes from mowing down hordes of people as a heavy in a payload (or whatever the bomb-cart push mode is called) game. I'm thinking it's actually pretty easy, but hell, I murdered tons of people so I'm happy.

Also, big thanks to whoever suggested running the game in DirectX 8.1 mode. Now I can play at a resolution where I can actually read words and things don't look completely horrible.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TK-42-1 wrote: »

Who knew!?

Gah.

i killed at kritzd heavy (still being healed) with the ubersaw on dustbowl 1-1 today. i felt awesome until his widowed medic got me

Man, if you don't have your needlegun out and your saw on quick switch, you're playing medic wrong.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Had my first go at a PA game today and I have to say I was not disappointed with my performance. Considering I've only been able to play the 360 version thus far, I was wondering how I'd make the transition. Apparently, I made it rather well.

Of course, a large part of that confidence comes from mowing down hordes of people as a heavy in a payload (or whatever the bomb-cart push mode is called) game. I'm thinking it's actually pretty easy, but hell, I murdered tons of people so I'm happy.

Also, big thanks to whoever suggested running the game in DirectX 8.1 mode. Now I can play at a resolution where I can actually read words and things don't look completely horrible.

Wait... seriously? I've been calling people ninja snarl p for goddamned weeks because I thought I recognized your voice from ZP: Source. Didn't you used to go by minigunwielder?

Well, I certainly do feel like a jackass.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    jackass

tofu on
  • WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Spies are the worst kind of people. The worst. My heavy back can only take so many knives before I ragequit.

WhiteShark on
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    pl_goldrush0064.jpg

All I can see now is three ranks of Medic Halberdiers wrecking all kinds of shit.

MechMantis on
  • DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mount & Fortress?

DualEdge on
  • LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DualEdge wrote: »
    Mount & Fortress?

Man, a tf2 mod for M&B would be all kinds of awsome.

Lagnar on
  • JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    *Witty Caption Here*
    cp_dustbowl0000.jpg
    to be honest I just thought it was generally a funny screenshot.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • remlap13remlap13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zoidberg you are a funny funny lobster

remlap13 on
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    tf2 crashed again even with multicore off :x

let's play left 4 dead

Zek on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh god, Zoidberg that is fantastic. <3

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Woggle wrote: »
    I remember in a thread many moons ago someone had a script to do the opposite of how the normal heal settings work, ie. when you press the button it stops healing, and when it's released it's constantly trying to heal. Does anyone still have that? Digging through dozens of threads is time that I could be using to play the tuftoo.

The sticky heal valve put in is annoying when it breaks as you go around a corner and doesn't reacquire a target.
    in autoexec.cfg:
    // Alias for Auto-MediGun
    alias +automedigun "-attack; use tf_weapon_medigun; wait 3; +attack"
    alias -automedigun ""

bound through the console or added in your class cfg's:
    bind "MOUSE4" "lastdisguise; -attack"
    bind "MOUSE5" "+automedigun"

mouse5 would turn it on, mouse 4 turns it off.

You need to turn it off because if you don't, as soon as you switch weapons you'll be autofiring as if you were holding the fire button down. I don't think you actually need the -alias there, because it was something else and I changed it to something that worked better for me.

BlindPsychic on
  • GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is there a way to make it automatically record a demo each time I play?

GreenPowerRanger on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I am fairly certain that adding "stop; record temp" to the top of your autoexec.cfg will record a temporary demo at the start of each map. Unfortunately, if you stick around into the next map, the last map's demo will be gone.

SithDrummer on
  • GreenPowerRangerGreenPowerRanger Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I am fairly certain that adding "stop; record temp" to the top of your autoexec.cfg will record a temporary demo at the start of each map. Unfortunately, if you stick around into the next map, the last map's demo will be gone.

Yea not quite what I'm looking for, thanks though :)

GreenPowerRanger on
    edited March 2009
    JamesDM wrote: »
    *Witty Caption Here*
    cp_dustbowl0000.jpg
    to be honest I just thought it was generally a funny screenshot.

that heal stream is me. and the funniest part was iowa eating his sandvich on the run as enders wondered how the fuck he was doing it

TK-42-1 on
    sig.jpgsmugriders.gif
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Wait... seriously? I've been calling people ninja snarl p for goddamned weeks because I thought I recognized your voice from ZP: Source. Didn't you used to go by minigunwielder?

Well, I certainly do feel like a jackass.

Oh man, I really hope that's a true story because that's pretty awesomely jackasstastic. The best part is that I don't even own a microphone I can use with the PC, so there's no way you could recognize my voice. So funny.

However, I do recognize the name minigunwielder but that's definitely somebody else's name. The name I have now is the one I've always had.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Soldier is so much fun. I'm surprised there seems to be so little soldier love in the world.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, where did everyone go? I check the server 10 minutes ago and it seemed to be pretty full :(

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tyrannus takes all that love

Zen Vulgarity on
  • JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I like being soldier, but I have 30 more hours as it over my second highest played class so I'm forcing myself to not play it. I occasionally switch over to it if there's a sentry that needs to be knocked out from afar.

JJ on
  • SladvanSladvan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tyrannus takes all that love

He is pretty much soldier incarnate and I aspire to be as capable.

Sladvan on
    ken2.png
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What the hell people?

I get home from work and the wife goes to bed and I sit down to set some faces on fire only to see totally empty servers.

It's only midnight on a friday!

/angryface

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• guarguar Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's 2am on a Saturday. Folks have been on since 4pm.

guar on
  • rakuenCallistorakuenCallisto Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Sladvan wrote: »
    Soldier is so much fun. I'm surprised there seems to be so little soldier love in the world.
    been there, done that.

rakuenCallisto on
    cbtswoosig.png
  • MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He beat me. Straight up!

Monsty on
This discussion has been closed.