As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Kingdoms of Phallacia - Day 4 (There is no Day 3)

• Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It's going to be tricky to root out any rogues if we don't see an upswing in posting. The fewer people post, the less posting history we can examine.

Aroused Bull on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I post again to avoid suspicion..or am I suspicious because I am posting a lot in a quiet game. Also, it is 2 AM where I am. Many a person is asleep at this point.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »
    It's going to be tricky to root out any rogues if we don't see an upswing in posting. The fewer people post, the less posting history we can examine.

See, even after I post, no one pops on to add their 2 cents.! C'mon guys, let's have a discussion.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You guys are trying to kill me based off a band wagon started before I made my first post. Seriously, what did I do?

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Screw it with waiting, I !vote PsychoLarry.

Sorry Larry, but a name like Lord Cecil Eaglelaser is not something that should be taken down so quickly; it's awesome must be preserved for all the world to see.

Of course, don't let anyone think that this means that they can get away with anything, you do something suspicious and I'll change my vote like that *snap*.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for Squashua because he has a name too much like my own and if I vote for him, you won't realize I'm collaborating with him.

Mwah ah ha ha!

Also b/c at this point, a little goofing is relatively safe (except for THESpectre for forcing me to wait; learn to spell).

I said that out loud again, didn't I?

[size=-10]If rules prohibit, then I !vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser for having a name cooler than anyone else.[/size]

Squashua on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

See, even after I post, no one pops on to add their 2 cents.! C'mon guys, let's have a discussion.

Sorry, I was asleep at 5:30 am my time. Not discussion-ready at that point. :-D

I agree that there needs to be more politicking done though -- although pre-first vote there's not really all that much to talk about. Things'll start getting more vicious tomorrow once the first narrative's up, I'd imagine. Once we've got something to sink our teeth into.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    The problem we have here is that (as a regular ol' councilman), we have nothing to go on but random hunches.

Loyalty to the country.
    Faith in democracy.

And I'll assume that (unless I'm the only "true" councilman; how's THAT for paranoia), much like myself, the rest of you don't have any resources.

I got nothing re: a Vigilante or a Seer or a Guardian (per original post on original thread).

So what tools can I really utilize? Nada. My only tool is to vote and try to "not get whacked". I mean, should I just start randomly PM'ing the rest of you? I guess what I'm saying here is that someone needs a trigger to initiate something. Like discussion or intrigue.

Then-again, we're very early in on this so maybe whomever owns said trigger to "create some discussion" (assuming it exists) is holding out for a bit. This one's a slow-mover, people. 1-2 things a day.

Maybe something happens when the evil councilmen kill someone.

That's my stance on this, and I'm going to hold out for a bit and see what transpires.

And try to "not get whacked".

Here's hoping the "evil councilmen" don't pick me.

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    That last part's key.

Hopefully the Seer will start putting together some sort of network almost immediately, and then things'll start rolling. If not, it's going to be pretty random for a couple of days until patterns start to develop.

What we do know from the opening post:

There are at least three conspirators.
    They know each other.

... That's about it, unless I missed something. Any other ideas?

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    I forgot about this, "Once voting closes, you guys will get some narration."

So there definately IS a Seer?

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    Yep. The second post in this thread says that we've got a Vigilante, a Guardian, and a Seer.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Yep. The second post in this thread says that we've got a Vigilante, a Guardian, and a Seer.

D'oh! Must have glossed over that. Thanks, muchly.

Hey, can a Rogue Councilman be a Vigilante/Guardian/Seer in disguise? I mean, Seer would be pretty stupid, but whatever. :-)

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    You mean have both roles? That would pretty much hamstring the good guys, I'd imagine. I mean, the loss of any one of those specials is a big deal. If one of them's actually working to screw us over .... that would be a game-breaker.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    You mean have both roles? That would pretty much hamstring the good guys, I'd imagine. I mean, the loss of any one of those specials is a big deal. If one of them's actually working to screw us over .... that would be a game-breaker.

Is there a combined Seer/Vigilante?

I read that the conspirators know each other.

Do the Seer / Vigilante / Guardian know each other?

I guess the Seer can see who is a conspirator.
    The Vigilante can make a kill.
    The Guardian can what, block a kill?

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Yup, that's what the guardian is there for. I'm pretty sure this is all covered in the other thread, by the way. Also, wikipedia link.

That link was very helpful. Thanks. Cleared up a lot.

I never knew how people played that game at game conventions without figuring out who the badguys were. This is my first one of these.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    I find your dachshund with eye-lasers suspicious, Squashua.

Those would be "Frikkin'" eye-lasers. Anyway, as long as you find LazerDox suspicious and not me, I'm fine with that.

Squashua on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    To clear up some details for any people who haven't played before:

The rogue councillors all know who each other are, and collaborate with each other via pm.

The guardian, seer, and vigilante start out not knowing who the other two are, but hopefully the seer finds one or both of them quickly so they can start working together.

The specials and the rogues all do their actions via PMs to visiblehowl. Their targets have nothing to do with whomever they end up voting for in the thread, unless they choose to vote for and do their action on the same person. Special and rogue votes count just the same as regular councillor votes do.

The narration is posted by visiblehowl and it tells us who got staked by us, killed by the rogues, and killed by the vigilante if s/he ends up killing anyone that night. It won't tell us the results of the seer's vision or the guardian's protection, though they'll respectively get PMs that describe the results of their actions.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    Smasher wrote: »

The councillors all know who each other are, and collaborate with each other via pm.

Duh. :) We're all councillors and VisibleHowl posted a list. :)

I think you meant the "rogue" councillors, right?
    The narration is posted by visiblehowl and it tells us who got staked by us, killed by the rogues, and killed by the vigilante if s/he ends up killing anyone that night.

Questions:
    1) Can the vigilante attack more than once? I read in the wiki that he sometimes gets only one attack.

2) If the guardian successfully protects someone from being killed, does the guardian find out who the Rogue Councillors are?

3) If the seer figures it out (assuming he's really good), can't he just yell out "I'm the seer; Keith, Rankenphile and Whippy are the rogues!"

Regarding #3; heck, can't anyone? :-)

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

The councillors all know who each other are, and collaborate with each other via pm.

Duh. :) We're all councillors and VisibleHowl posted a list. :)

I think you meant the "rogue" councillors, right?

Whoops, yep. Edited.
    The narration is posted by visiblehowl and it tells us who got staked by us, killed by the rogues, and killed by the vigilante if s/he ends up killing anyone that night.

Questions:
    1) Can the vigilante attack more than once? I read in the wiki that he sometimes gets only one attack.

2) If the guardian successfully protects someone from being killed, does the guardian find out who the Rogue Councillors are?

3) If the seer figures it out (assuming he's really good), can't he just yell out "I'm the seer; Keith, Rankenphile and Whippy are the rogues!"

Regarding #3; heck, can't anyone? :-)

Each game is different, and the rules vary. However, this is a small and relatively simple version, so the likely answers are:

1) Yes

2) No

3) Sure and sure, respectively. Of course, he has to convince everyone else he really is the seer, and the monsters could try and convince everyone that he's not. More typically the seer might know who one or maybe two enemies are, and if he's not in contact with the vigilantee he (or a contact in whatever network he's built up) would again have to convince the villagers that that's the case without exposing the seer's identity.

Smasher on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Im a monster.

Fixed.

precisionk on
  • Lord Cecil EaglelaserLord Cecil Eaglelaser Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just fot a bit of a vote update, Larry's currently leading by two votes.

PsychoLarry1 - 6
    Lord Cecil Eaglelaser - 4
    Shamus - 1
    Squashua - 1
    Precisionk - 1
    Cantide - 1
    Smasher - 1
    DarkPrimus - 1

Also, Squashua, you might want to edit your post so it doesn't look like youre voting for two people.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
    edited February 2007

PsychoLarry1 - 6
    Shamus - 1
    Squashua - 1
    Precisionk - 1
    Cantide - 1
    Smasher - 1
    DarkPrimus - 1

Also, Squashua, you might want to edit your post so it doesn't look like youre voting for two people.

Hey, I voted for ME. Damn. So you make the rules now? Great, now I'm hard-voting for you, Ruly McRuleston.

Squashua on
    edited February 2007

PsychoLarry1 - 6
    Shamus - 1
    Squashua - 1
    Precisionk - 1
    Cantide - 1
    Smasher - 1
    DarkPrimus - 1

Hey, I voted for ME. Damn. So you make the rules now? Great, now I'm hard-voting for you, Ruly McRuleston.

I already counted you as voting for me :cry:

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
    edited February 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Fixed.
    Damn, you decoded it.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    If we have a vigilante and a group of rogues, that means that three people are going to die every night. That gives us only six nights to kill all the rogues. If there are three bad guys, that means we can only kill three innocents before we've lost the game.

Aroused Bull on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just so you guys know, I have to work in a bit, so I won't be around for several hours. I'll probably be back before the results are up, though.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    If we have a vigilante and a group of rogues, that means that three people are going to die every night. That gives us only six nights to kill all the rogues. If there are three bad guys, that means we can only kill three innocents before we've lost the game.

That's assuming the vigilante doesn't get killed, right?

And the Vigilante doesn't HAVE to kill every night, right?

Squashua on
  • NavocNavoc Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    And the Vigilante doesn't HAVE to kill every night, right?

I would assume not, but I suppose only the vigilante knows for certain. Also, assuming that the vigilante doesn't have to submit a kill, it seems best that they don't. Unless they get in contact with the seer or have strong suspicion to go on, they tend to be more harmful to the village/council than beneficial. Despite this, vigilantes still seem to have a tendency to kill as often as possible, regardless of the overall good.

Navoc on
    edited February 2007
    Gotcha.

OK, so getting into character...

"Which one of you bastids killed that kid? 'Twas you, Lord Cecil Eaglelaser, twasn't it?"

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    Gotcha.

OK, so getting into character...

"Which one of you bastids killed that kid? 'Twas you, Lord Cecil Eaglelaser, twasn't it?"

I wish I was a monster right about now...

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
    edited February 2007
    xD

Ah, good times. So far we have little to go on fact-wise.

GrimmyTOA and Smasher seem to be leading the pack with the helpful information so far.

Precisionk seems to be being a weirdo again.

Squashua is asking a bunch of questions. Also, laser eyes; pew pew.

Navoc has given a good, well-thought out readon for his vote, unlike many others.

Cantide has admitted to being long-overdue for a monster role and not said much else, other than jumping on the Larry bandwagon.

Poor PsychoLarry1 had a bit of badluck this first round and is probably dead now, due to the voting. Defending himself justly.

I, TehSpectre am posting this list of behaviors as well as a post-count so far. I also want people to be on at 4 AM to debate with me while I am at work. :P

Jdarksun jumped on the Larry bandwagon then said something about whirligigs.

Darkprimus got a little defensive early on, after being accused of lying.

Abysmal Lynx is willing to "change his vote like that. *snap*

Thorgot wants us to use Lemon Chiffon for truth.

SUPERSUGA said he didn't like the S-hunt idea....but then went ahead and voted for someone with an S name.

Shamus still hasn't commited to a vote.

ArrBeeBee and AcidSerra
    posted one line (short) votes for people...and not much else. They be layin' low it seems.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser has an awesome name and in second vote-wise.

There we are...I think I covered everyone so far.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007

I, TehSpectre am sucking up to the OP.

Fixed.

pew pew

Squashua on
    edited February 2007

I, TehSpectre am sucking up to the OP.

Fixed.

pew pew

Well, if I am to be accused...I might as well.

And VisibleHowl for being a great dude and running a great Phalla. Three cheers for VH!

*CHEER!*
    *CHEER!*
    *CHEER!*

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

I got over-the-top defensive. :P

And with that, I'm off to work.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Quite. Should I also mention the subliminal message as your title. "Trust me"

Conspiracy!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    xD

Precisionk seems to be being a weirdo again.

This will never change.

precisionk on
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Quite. Should I also mention the subliminal message as your title. "Trust me"

Conspiracy!

Isn't his avatar an iteration of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs too?

That means he's in a secret society!

A WITCH! HE'S A WITCH! BURN HIM!

Squashua on
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Okay now that I'm awake again...

I've been trying to hold off posting thus far because I'm a paranoid person. Being in the situation of being a paranoid person who has only 1 possible tool for my defense, my vote, I'm prone to long in depth rants about how much I suspect people...

Like Squashua for intance. Questions questions, establishing himself as a newbie, pretending to be clueless, oldest trick in the book. Look harmless, clueless and totally out of the loop then *snap* there goes councilor George, knife in the back and blood spurting everywhere. Alas poor George for I knew him well...

But wait he must have conspirators... So is Smasher his fellow conspirator building a cover or his hapless victim falling prey to his feminine wiles. >.> And then we have PsychoLarry, haplessly bandwagoned, but it could be a ruse, a last minute change of votes and suddenly any one of a number of people could be instantly bandwagoned.

And TehSpectre, compiling a list being ever so helpful... but is that totally accurate, or are his entries colored somewhat? (Okay this one I just had to keep the joke rolling...)

And what about me, lying low shifting suspicions... Could be my evil twin back from the dead to haunt me as a second personality. Down Bitch! Could it have gone so far, has the conspiracy spread to even include my dog! I don't like the way it looks at me... beady eyes... good thing I don't own a dog.

So many suspects, so little time...

AcidSerra on
    edited February 2007
    AcidSerra wrote: »
    Okay now that I'm awake again...

I've been trying to hold off posting thus far because I'm a paranoid person. Being in the situation of being a paranoid person who has only 1 possible tool for my defense, my vote, I'm prone to long in depth rants about how much I suspect people...

Like myself for instance, as I try desperately point fingers in other directions.

Fixed.

BTW, I'm just online a lot and I like this.

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    Actually, Acid has a point. It's a pretty common bad guy tactic to post lists and vote counts. It makes them seem to be helping out the village while in actuality they're doing nothing the village couldn't have done themselves.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    Actually, Acid has a point. Calling out others as the target is a pretty common bad guy tactic.

Again. Fixed. :winky:

Squashua on