As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] Gekkoukan High School: Game Over, Student Victory!

1181920212224»

• TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Did you create the special abilities off the bat based on what groups were formed?

I tried, although some of them were.... stretches. Sexy Commandos and B.A.S. were like the last ones left and I was like, fuck it, I have to many guards, I don't want any real vig powers, and I can't be creative anymore, how about some weird nulls. Then the Student Council botch was interesting too, because I was going to replace their power with the ability to cancel the vote (which is what the student council did in the live version I did that this was based on), but then I was second guessing myself as I didn't think that power was fair in the hands of bad guys, and even though the student council didn't have any bad guys in it, I wouldn't have given them that ability if there was one.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    B:L wrote: »

JESUS CHRIST MY EYES

Dac Vin on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Sexy Commando power should've been the ability to post shock images on other proboards.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What the heck is youknowwho doing there?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This is the best power.

Hai guys enjoy this lemon party courtesy of the sexy comandos club

EDIT: This is the worst top of the page.

Dac Vin on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The Sexy Commando power should've been the ability to post shock images on other proboards.

Lol, I would've been totally down, unforunately you would've been a bit dissapointed since there were all of like, 4 proboards in use, and some of them for not very long. You could've annoyed the heck out of the baddies though.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    let it be known.

This baddy is already annoyed.

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2009
    let it be known.

This baddy is already annoyed.

Is it the Sexy type of annoyed?

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Possibly, B:L.

lonelyahava on
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    obbi is on my shit list, totally not trusting me

M.D. on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    This better not carry over into our Call of Cthulu adventures!

Obbi on
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well Obbi won.
    I'm not giving the rest of the village credit for anything though.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited March 2009
    Certain members of the village were extremely cooperative, I wouldn't count them out. Sunkist in particular was a huge help in keepin' bases covered and sacrificed himself to save me. FWD also blocked you on Night 3, which was a smart move.

Then of course there was Kay that kept up the Horror Club guard, and the student Council almost always killed who I told them to, save for that time Gandalf tried to pull a fast one.

All in all, it's hard to say how the balance went. Grumbles and DarkPrimus probably would've been an extremely painful thorn in the village side if they were active/not dead on day 1 with their block. What I would've done was kill the non-mafia in their team, then actively kept me or JaysonFour blocked to try and either gain the advantage, or kill me. I then probably would've taken in all the knowledge from the other mafia members to try and make up a different ability for the Kendo club and pass it on to the vig, make it somethin' that sounds believable, but not all that useful to him. Durin' the entire game I was under the assumption that the mafia were entirely scattered across all the teams, and none of them were doubled up.

Crimsoncoyote also could've pulled off last minute shenanigans on Night 3, though I'm not sure if it would've went off properly when the block hit Daius.

I dunno, it was an interestin' game. My only real disappointment was in my performance near the end, and TehSloth's total backin' out of the Student Council's rule system. There's been plenty of other cases in previous phallas where that sort of system was in place, but didn't entirely cause mass-panic about cryptic messages. One that particularly comes to mind was a post restriction that targeted people that had a vowel at the start of their name. They weren't allowed to use that vowel in their posts. But stuff like the pretty color requirement, make your posts a haiku, talk like a pirate, there were plenty of other things to use that wouldn't have risen concern. All it really would've taken was the host to step in and tell the council that their rule wasn't allowed, and to pick a lighter one.

Obbi on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yey, we won! Good game TehSloth, it was fun. Although yeah, I think we'd have been able to work fine with just lighter rules, but heck, not like I mind being able to kill people! Although didn't really have good aim, but whatever. I blame Obbi :P. Really though, good job Obbi, up 'till the end you had spectacular aim.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    edited March 2009
    Also Obbi, when you started the bandwagon on me you opened up a 30% that I'd automatically revenge you.

That night we had FOUR attempts to kill you going, and all of them failed. That's when Mafia hope was truly lost.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited March 2009
    Obbi wrote: »
    Certain members of the village were extremely cooperative, I wouldn't count them out. Sunkist in particular was a huge help in keepin' bases covered and sacrificed himself to save me. FWD also blocked you on Night 3, which was a smart move.

A smart move?

That's a stabbin'.

• FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009

A smart move?

That's a stabbin'.

Seriously.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't believe it- I managed to win this thing. (With lots of help from Obbi and others, but...)

I have to say, though, it was a perfect storm that kept Obbi and me going. I just have a few observations.

1) When kime bit it near the end, I turned into a guard/vig. That's waaaaay too much power for someone to have near the end, especially networked with the other guard.

2) The temporal anomaly thing is completely broken. We abused the absolute bejesus out of that power- at the end we kept switching it with the double guard to eat kills. That thing is like an immunity idol- about all that was a danger to Obbi or me was the vote, and by the time we got set up, the whole village trusted us and anyone voting for us would have moved to our shitlist.

3) In order to get around the previous strategy, the revengers would have to stack kills over two days in order to have a shot at either one of us. This forces them to waste three kills over two days, which puts the mafia at a severe disadvantage for removing key players.

4) Inactivity really bit the mafia, hard. I mean, come on, if you can't play, have the decency to admit it and let someone else play. Not like I can't really say anything (thank anything midterms are now over), but it's just weak when the last mafia goes down to Inactivus.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
    edited March 2009
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    2) The temporal anomaly thing is completely broken.

THIS.
    I ended up getting the science club pm telling me the identities of everyone who had been guarding/targetting Obbi after I had died.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh, out of curiosity, what happened to the club presidents if their club had the most members?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    As President of the Horror Club, I'd have been able to use my collection of Horrific stuff to vigilante-kill people as well as guard them. We steeled them against terror with horror films, it was awesome.

I know this because TehSloth missed Lawinator dying on night, and he gave me the vigilante power for about 6 minutes before he noticed I was the only remaining member. :D

Kay2 on
    edited March 2009

A smart move?

That's a stabbin'.

Seriously.

I mean, come on.

Obbi on
    edited March 2009

A smart move?

That's a stabbin'.

Seriously.

I mean, come on.

I'm sure that's what Tom Brady said!

Then he got injured.

edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Oh, out of curiosity, what happened to the club presidents if their club had the most members?

The original intention was to give them all different powers related to their club, it just so happened that there was never a situation where any club had more members than every other club.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    ACK! I'm so sorry, I really can't make up for this... can I? I had quit phallas for a while because between work and school I just hadn't had time to post. Last week was Spring Break so I figured I could participate. I should have just sent in a kill or something, I have no excuse. I was at school and totally forgot about this as I scrambled to get something presentable for my Operating Systems project.

I'm sorry guys, I won't sign up anymore.... just wanted to relive the old days during spring break =(

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Grundl!

You have to sign up again!

So I can have my vengeance on you!

BAD GRUNDL BAD!!!

but i guess school is more important...

Alright.

I will forgive you.

For now.......

lonelyahava on
  • GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Once I finish school (will happen soon) and get a desk job (I hope) where PA isn't blocked (or I'll quit) there will be time for your vengeance :)

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    I'll forget by that time, I'm sure.

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2009
    I'll forget by that time, I'm sure.

I'll remind you.

edited March 2009
    a B:Lephant never forget