As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unreal Tournament 3: Free Expansion. See OP!

1235»

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll play UT3 on PC, i think its far nicer on PC than the consoles. I still suck at it though. Steam name is Elimination.

Though im moving tomorrow so i wont be playing barely at all for a while i just realized.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm really pleased with this game.
    I guess for 12 bucks I don't have anything to complain about; but it's a really fun, fast paced shooter, that feels more like how UT is supposed to feel like, and looks and runs great.

I'm amazed how well the engine is optimised; it runs better than virtually any game I own that doesn't look half as good.

I'm surprised it didn't garner more interest. It has a lot of different, and fun, game modes, and has a broad appeal for both the twitch player and someone looking for something a bit more strategic.

Granted, it flew under my radar entirely until this past couple of free and discount weekends, but at the same time I stopped paying attention to most high-end new games a few years ago when my previous gaming machine just plain stopped being able to handle anything graphically intensive.

I'd be interested to see their concurrent player numbers pre and post steam deal.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd just like to say that your large, lumbering high HP vehicles are no match for my Scorpion of Doooooom.

subedii on
    edited March 2009
    I have a problem with the Scorpion in that I keep expecting it to control like a Warthog.

And I crash.

And usually end up exploded by the people who don't expect it to control that way. :lol:

The Dude With Herpes on

edited March 2009
    I have a problem with the Scorpion in that I keep expecting it to control like a Warthog.

And I crash.

And usually end up exploded by the people who don't expect it to control that way. :lol:

You'll get used to it.

Sometimes though, all you need to know is how to point it in the right direction, and what happens when you push spacebar. :lol:

subedii on
    edited March 2009
    If I hit turbo and then hit E to bail, will it still keep going on its own momentum or will it just stop?

Because I'm going to start treating the scorpions like mega rocket launchers if it keeps going.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I recently borrowed this from a friend for the 360 (He insisted) and I was really pleasantly suprised!

However, it's a shame that I can barely ever get in an online game. I can only assume this is because it has a tiny playerbase. Which is a huge shame.

If they marketed this properly it could have been alot bigger. I think it's great.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
    edited March 2009
    If I hit turbo and then hit E to bail, will it still keep going on its own momentum or will it just stop?

Because I'm going to start treating the scorpions like mega rocket launchers if it keeps going.

Yep. Basically when you eject it becomes a road based, unguided missile. Does a tonne of damage to enemy vehicles, if they're a bit damaged it usually takes them out in one shot.

subedii on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    Maybe I did not make myself clear enough, I do have the special edition-

- Decent Exporting Tools,
    - Some more refinements on Unrealscript
    - Better texture browsing options
    - Better Bump mapping/Normal mapping and Parralax mapping tools
    - Better implimentation of PhysX properties to models
    - Better UVW Unwrap tools, an upgrade to Upaint for UT3.

- Tutorials for a high poly weapon from scratch
    - Tutorials for a High Poly character with animation/texturing/Rigging/ Normal baking and so forth
    - Tutorials for Terrain creation and event scripting

Funny timing, I just came in here to ask if UnrealED was included with the game. :)

I'm curious to practice some mapmaking outside of Source, are there many people playing this game nowadays?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited March 2009
    Honk wrote: »

- Tutorials for a High Poly character with animation/texturing/Rigging/ Normal baking and so forth

Funny timing, I just came in here to ask if UnrealED was included with the game. :)

I'm curious to practice some mapmaking outside of Source, are there many people playing this game nowadays?

Not as many as the other big hitters in the multiplayer arena. But realistically half the FPS's on the planet use UE3 right now, so it's not as if you wouldn't find applications for those skills.

subedii on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    subedii wrote: »

Not as many as the other big hitters in the multiplayer arena. But realistically half the FPS's on the planet use UE3 right now, so it's not as if you wouldn't find applications for those skills.

That is convincing, and I bet it's pretty wallet-friendly now as well.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited March 2009
    subedii wrote: »

That is convincing, and I bet it's pretty wallet-friendly now as well.

The last place I saw it was Walmart. They had a single collectors edition for $20... The collectors edition has like 20hours of video tutorials on how to use the unreal editor. So if you want to maek mapz, thats probably a good start.

The normal version of the game (which still has the map editor) can be found for $10 or sometimes even less off of steam.

Lucky Cynic on
    edited March 2009
  • DrunkMcDrunkMc Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, anyone playing this? Know of some good servers? It's starting to grow on me.

DrunkMc on
    edited March 2009

Bah, got bottom of Paged. As far as servers go, mah man, as of right now, pretty much any server with low ping is good times. I don't care what game type it is but if it is lagging, it aint happening.

Lucky Cynic on
  • JutranjoJutranjo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Those are pretty awesome vids, I can't wait to get some time to play it. Or tweak the settings to get 20+ fps :\

Jutranjo on
    edited March 2009
    Jutranjo wrote: »
    Those are pretty awesome vids, I can't wait to get some time to play it. Or tweak the settings to get 20+ fps :\

Wat?

I was getting 60fps on my 7600GT when this thing came out. Granted it was at 800x600 resolution, I still was able to run the game on medium and still get the golden 60...

UT3 is amazingly well optimized. It runs like a dream.

Lucky Cynic on
  • übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Jutranjo wrote: »

http://www.tweakguides.com/UT3_1.html

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
  • Lord_MordjaLord_Mordja Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Bump for mod release. The Haunted is a co-op/versus (depending on the game mode) zombie killing game that's very hard and, as of 2.0, very fun.

Just take a look at the trailer.
    Turn off brain.

Actually it's one of the more polished mods I've played surprisingly.

Lord_Mordja on
    edited May 2009
    That looks surprisingly well done.

Between this, Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead and CoD : WaW, looks like this season is all about the co-op zombie fighting.

subedii on
  • Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Besides a hand full of stiff animations, that mod looks fantastic. Might have to grab it.

Waka Laka on
  • BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    I think I know what I'm going to be playing when I get off of this work week :)

Thanks for those vids.... I had bought UT3 at release, and really haven't played it but a few minutes. I think it's time to revisit :)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael HMichael H Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Unreal was on super sale in the steam super summer super steam sale of summer. I haven't played since 2000ish... funny how you can jump right back in.

zombie thread!

Michael H on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Kill it! Kill it with fire! Bullet to the brain!

This is the model I like a lot, a mix of a lot of sources but it made me very happy.

RoyceSraphim on
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Every time I boot this up I'm amazed at just how well the game runs. I have every setting cranked to max at 1680x1050 and it's one of the smoothest running games I've ever played. It looks fantastic at those settings as well. Epic really did a great job optimizing this.

I just wish that I had the urge to play it more often. I boot it up, play for a few days, remember how terrible I am at it, and shelve it for another 5 months. It's also a rather unique bird these days. With the focus on CoD type MP, there really aren't many games that are just hyper paced frag fests. That seems so strange to me considering that a decade ago the market was filled with them.

Bullio on
    steam_sig.png