As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Kingdoms of Phallacia - Day 4 (There is no Day 3)

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So, does that mean I should try not to be helpful? I did it last game I was in as well...I just like contributing something.

T.T

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »
    Actually, Acid has a point. Calling out others as the target is a pretty common bad guy tactic.

Again. Fixed. :winky:

Knowing what a pretty common bad guy tactic is after acting like you don't know anything about the game and have never played before seems like it might be something a bad guy would slip up and do... >.>

AcidSerra on
    edited February 2007
    AcidSerra wrote: »
    Actually, Acid has a point. Calling out others as the target is a pretty common bad guy tactic.

Knowing what a pretty common bad guy tactic is after acting like you don't know anything about the game and have never played before seems like it might be something a bad guy would slip up and do... >.>

Oh Shi-

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    So, does that mean I should try not to be helpful? I did it last game I was in as well...I just like contributing something.

T.T

No, I appreciate it, even if you are a bad guy. I'm just saying that the fact that you appear to be helping us out shouldn't affect people's opinions as to whether or not you are evil.

Aroused Bull on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Alright guys, a bit of a....problem.

I completely forgot I have work tonight and tomorrow night. Which means that if we close the voting at 7pm, it will be VERY late before you find out what's going on. Like, probably midnight or later PST.

So I'm offering a choice.

1) We close the vote early, at, say, 4:30, giving me time to come up with some narration before I leave.

2) We keep the vote closing at 7pm, and you guys just wait until I come back from work.

Thoughts?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007

Acid, stop it. They're on to us. Can't you just play like a proper co-conspirator?

Think of the children! Like the one you took out at the start of this thread!

Squashua on
    edited February 2007

I completely forgot I have work tonight and tomorrow night. Which means that if we close the voting at 7pm, it will be VERY late before you find out what's going on. Like, probably midnight or later PST.

1) We close the vote early, at, say, 4:30, giving me time to come up with some narration before I leave.

2) We keep the vote closing at 7pm, and you guys just wait until I come back from work.

Thoughts?

Everyone except for, I think Shamus has voted, and nobody has retracted their votes, so I think the villagers have pretty must done all they're going to do. I guess it depends on whether the specials have their stuff in order.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007

Thoughts?

Being up late doesn't bother me at all because I post while at work, though an early narration is fun as well.

The only problem to closing the votes early would be Shamus hasn't voted yet.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    The only problem to closing the votes early would be Shamus hasn't voted yet.

Even though his vote won't tip the scales (bye, Larry), I say hold out for his vote; I'm in no hurry.

Except for, of course, being tonight's "whack" target.

Look at me, LOOK AT ME!

Squashua on
    edited February 2007

Acid, stop it. They're on to us. Can't you just play like a proper co-conspirator?

Think of the children! Like the one you took out at the start of this thread!

But I already sent the pm to you to stop it. Jeez, I'm never conspiring with you again. >.>

P.S. I'm fine with whatever, I'm up all night anyways.

AcidSerra on
    edited February 2007
    I'm in a different time zone so I'm fine with 12 PST or later.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    Might be quiet around here real soon now if the PM I just got is legit. D:

Squashua on
    edited February 2007

Dish dish.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    Inspiring minds must know. Who PM'd joo?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007

Dish dish.

Yeah, whats the scoop?

AcidSerra on
    edited February 2007

Dish dish.

Nah, I will not say who sent it. edit: revealing who might be gamebreaking.

Could have been joking, but I'll let visiblehowl inform me.

'course, that's what happens when you're just a vocal local innocent councilman.

Squashua on
    edited February 2007

Dish dish.

Nah, I will not say who sent it.

Could have been joking, but I'll let visiblehowl inform me.

'course, that's what happens when you're just a vocal local innocent councilman.

We don't need to know who sent it, just what it said.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    That's pretty suspicious, Squashua. Maybe you think you're in the clear because poor Larry has been bandwagon'd.

Maybe we should all change our votes to YOU. :O

But wouldn't that just go along with what I said about last minute vote changing to save poor larry who is really a mastermind rogue councilor?

P.S.
    What did it say, what did it say!?

AcidSerra on
    edited February 2007
    Christ, Acid. Enough with the prodding. Not like I don't have enough things jabbing me.

Speaking of which, lemme pull this out of my chest first *yank* D:
    That was fun.

*knife*

You die. now. \/\/()()7.

Happy?

Look out, byotches. Them Evil Councillers and/or vijilantes be out in force.

Between you and me, I think it was El Caballero hizzelf.

Squashua on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Probably someone just screwing with you. I can't see the sense in any special role sending you that.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    It's stunningly unlikely that an evil councillor would send a message to his or her target revealing his identity before he killed them. Ditto for a vigilante. It was probably a joke.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    It's stunningly unlikely that an evil councillor would send a message to his or her target revealing his identity before he killed them. Ditto for a vigilante. It was probably a joke.

I'll wait till I hear from the owner before I decide whether I'll reveal an identity (if it was a joke) or not (if it was truly in-game).

Then-again, if it was a joke, and *I* am the Vigilante... kind of odd, no?

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    Shouldn't that be the other way around? If it was a real threat, you'll want to reveal the person behind it, but if it was a joke there's no sense in putting suspicion on an innocent person.

Aroused Bull on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Maybe I should just add "poor" to my name, because that seems to be what I've become. And jdark, I notice you don't feel bad enough to actually change your vote.

Anyway, my 2 cents. I'm likely going to die tonight, at which point you'll find out I'm a villager. If I'm miraculously guardian'd you'll all suspect me of some nefarious plot until I'm killed by the village or the bad guys. I'm pretty much resigned to death. But, when you do see that I'm innocent, I would look at everyone that voted for me. You're likely to find at least one of the rogues in that group of (so far) 6. I'm personally more inclined to go after the ones who've done little to back up their vote or participate in general.

I'd also encourage the guys who voted for throw-away candidates or themselves to pick someone. Closer to voting I'll put out the list of who I find most suspicious, not that I think it will make any difference in the vote.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited February 2007
    Well if it's serious, and you are the vigilante, then it could be a rogue councilor.

If it's a joke, it certainly got alot of posts going. And you to call yourself vigilante and become a possible target for the rogue councilors.

AcidSerra on
    edited February 2007
    Shouldn't that be the other way around? If it was a real threat, you'll want to reveal the person behind it, but if it was a joke there's no sense in putting suspicion on an innocent person.

No it wasn't.

Assuming I'm not making this all up as we go along...

...because I do like to maintain mystery...

1) If I was faking it, I'd never reveal the name.

2) If I was actually killed, and it was a case of the Vigilante player "jumping the gun" before the actual reveal, I'd be breaking a cardinal game rule by revealing WHO killed me.

3) If it was a joke from another player, I would likely "out" said player.

And I say it's the vigilante (unless I'm the vigilante) because really, it wouldn't be someone from an evil conspirators group; he'd be getting the crap beat out of him for chancing to send a PM like that to Mr. Blabbity-mc-blab-blab himself.

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    Psycho: Guardians usually can't deflect the vote, so yeah, you're pretty much dead right now. If you have any secrets, maybe a special role you have tucked away, post them now.
    Why, exactly, do you think that the people who voted for you are evil, if you're a villager? The bad guys have no reason to care if one villager dies or another, so long as it's not one of their own. If you were a special, or you had information, or you suspect Lord Cecil Eaglelaser of being a bad guy, then your logic might make sense.

Squasha: The vigilante wouldn't have any reason to reveal himself like that either. I think you've made the whole thing up to try and stir up the pot.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    If you were a special, or you had information, or you suspect Lord Cecil Eaglelaser of being a bad guy, then your logic might make sense.

"Lord Cecil Eaglelaser" you say?

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    If you were a special, or you had information, or you suspect Lord Cecil Eaglelaser of being a bad guy, then your logic might make sense.

"Lord Cecil Eaglelaser" you say?

He was the second highest in votes, next to PsychoLarry. If he was a bady guy, his comrades might vote for Psycho to try and protect him.

Aroused Bull on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So have we pretty much decided to wait until I return tonight?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Seems like it.

Smasher on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I've got to say that Squashua's starting to look a bit suspicious to me. Either you're stirring the pot for fun, or you're doing it for some other purpose, or you're telling the truth and are still acting in a way that's almost over-the-top conspicuous...

Little alarm bells are jingling in my head right now.

It's probably nothing, but... I'll be keeping an eye on you.

EDIT: Oh. Either way is fine with me, visible. As long as nobody gets killed for non-participation due to the changed deadline.

And P.S. --> The one thing that bugs me about Phallas is that someone has to die on the first night. I almost feel that the first voting period should (in the future) be extended to 48 hours, just so nobody's game is this bloody short. Sorry Psycho. :(

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    Alright then, 7pm it is.

Since I won't be here, I've designated ArrBeeBee as the offical vote closer. He'll be the one to make the call on when the voting is closed.

Also, anybody with a special ability, please remember that 7pm is the deadline to submit your PM detailing what you would like to do with it.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Since I won't be here, I've designated ArrBeeBee as the offical vote closer. He'll be the one to make the call on when the voting is closed.

Shouldn't it be that when the forums say it's 7:00 PM PST, votes are no longer accepted?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    ArrBeeBee, you're right that vote guardians aren't normal, but that doesn't mean it can't happen, we don't really know.
    The reason I suspect the guys voting for me is that there was a very quick jump on a bandwagon that was supposedly created by the roll of the dice. As soon as I had two vote to my name everyone was ready to go after me. As I said, I'm not a special but apparently I presented the best chance for a sure innocent kill. It's the strongest lead I have anyway, since I know I'm innocent.

Anyway, I've been asked to post this:
    You are clearly innocent. No monster would let an ally be bandwagoned the very first day.

I am a special. I suggest you post in the thread suggesting all the specials PM you, and quote this PM.

Again, you are clearly innocent because you have been bandwagoned. No monster has ever been staked on the first day.
    I can't vouch for the special, but if the other specials want to take a chance and use me to form a network, I'm happy to help before I bite it.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Lord Cecil EaglelaserLord Cecil Eaglelaser Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I would just like to reiterate for the newer players that you shouldn't put a whole lot of stock in first day voting, since everyone is going off of absolutely nothing. Also a lot of the votes, like mine, were made befpre anyone had really posted at all. Hence why I just rolled the dice.

To be honest, I'd probably change my vote now if my name wasn't the next highest vote.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Alright, I've got no idea what's going on here. I don't know who's bad and who's good.

I don't, however, feel like PsychoLarry's a bad guy. He's been chosen by sheerest fluke, bandwagoned, and it... just doesn't feel like it's right. I don't know. The thing is, I'm on the fence as to a possible alternative.

So, in order to even the playing field a bit, I !retract my vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser and I !vote for Squashua.

If LCE and Psycho switch to Squash, he will be a strong second place alternative, and a candidate who has acted much more suspiciously than PsychoLarry or LCE.

If you're guilty, you're guilty. If not, it's your first Phalla anyway, and it'll just whet your appetite for more. It sure did for me, when I was railroaded my first time playing mafia.

I was the god-damned sherrif in that game, and the villagers didn't believe me. Stupid villagers.

GrimmyTOA on
  • SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You have to expect some silliness on the first night. Larry, saying your innocent doesn't mean anything here. If you die an innocent then paradise probably awaits you. So at least there's that.

Tommorow everyone will have much more to take into account when thinking of who to vote for.

SUPERSUGA on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Alright, I've got no idea what's going on here. I don't know who's bad and who's good.

I don't, however, feel like PsychoLarry's a bad guy. He's been chosen by sheerest fluke, bandwagoned, and it... just doesn't feel like it's right. I don't know. The thing is, I'm on the fence as to a possible alternative.

So, in order to even the playing field a bit, I !retract my vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser and I !vote for Squashua.
    Ya know what, I agree.

In order to even the playing field a bit, I !retract my vote for PsychoLarry and I !vote for Squashua.

Let's see what happens now.

I'm going to go with this. It certainly makes more sense than going for the others.

I !retract my vote for Cantide and I !vote for Squashua.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    No sense in voting for Lord Cecil now, and I certainly don't want to be the one dying, so I'll cast a tie-breaker.
    I !retract my vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser and !vote for Squashua

PsychoLarry1 on