As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Methods of Transportation

HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
edited May 2005 in PAX Archive
Note: I'm in Michigan

I'm trying to start up a trip with a handful of my friends; but we're young and poor. We have no means of transport, as the few of us with cars would not drive that far, and are showing little interest in going.

So, here are my question(s):

#1. Anyone know the cost/length of a train trip from MI to roundabouts Seattle?
#2. How accessible is the city to those without a car (I know the convention center is in an area that would cater to this type of situation, but the real problem would probably be getting from a train station to the convention center)?

I'd think it'd be amazing if I could pull this organization off.

HadjiQuest on

• ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    priceline is you friend

Shade on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Shade wrote:
    priceline is you friend

I'm most concerned about getting from a train station to the expo.

What methods of public transport are available in the city?

HadjiQuest on
  • tmonkeytmonkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Get a bus.

tmonkey on
    edited May 2005
    How much is busfare?

HadjiQuest on
  • tmonkeytmonkey Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    I was just saying to get a bus from start to finish :)

tmonkey on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    I took the train from Eugene, then the bus from King St. Station last year. Truth is, it's probably cheaper to fly, but if you feel like taking 3 days or so each way, the train will work, too.

Zork-style instructions for getting to Bellevue from King St. Station:

You exit the station itself in sort of a large parking lot. There's a street straight ahead level with the lot, and a larger street 90 degrees to your right at the top of a concrete wall. Head out towards the straight-ahead street, but before actually exiting the parking lot there's a stairway on your right that leads up the side of a building to the higher one at the top of the concrete wall. Take that. It'll dump you out at a busy corner. Turn 90 degrees right.

You see a busy intersection and just past it, a big glass bus station with spherical lamps on posts. Cross the street in front of you and enter the building. Go downstairs. You are now in the International District Station. Find Bay D and wait for the 550 Bellevue Express.

Board and pay $2.50. If you dislike walking, don't ask for a transfer. Take the 550 Bellevue Express to the Bellevue Way SE station (ask the driver). Get off.

You are on a grassy parkway with a steep hill on one side. The 550 will head off up the road. From here you have two choices:
    Wait 10 minutes (it never came after 30 minutes for me, so I started walking) and use your transfer to board the 560 Bellevue via Airport Express

OR

Follow the way the 550 went, holding right at the split in the road. It's a tad over a mile up, and the Doubletree will be on your right. Claim your room and warm chocolate-chip cookie and collapse there until it's time to leave for the movie.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • UlyssesdracoUlyssesdraco Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    patamobile

Ulyssesdraco on
    The entirety of this post is a euphemism for Murder.
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Well for some reason it's not letting me edit that, so here's a map of how to get from King St. Station to the bus station:

waytobus.gif

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
    edited May 2005
    Thanks a ton guys, but I think I'mma have to can a PAX trip this year.

My group cannot afford fare (we're probably going to hit Otakon instead).

However, this info will all be saved and backed up for PAX2006.

HadjiQuest on