As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I guess I am not actually going to need a thread for my Em Ehn Em

StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice,To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
edited March 2009 in Social Entropy++
So yeah, this thread is the thread for my Mutants and Masterminds game that I run Tuesday evenings. It's a game themed vaguely around the BPRD style of things, and I'm currently accepting new members, so let me know if you're interested in that.

Otherwise, I'm just gonna be using this to communicate with players.

Or just to talk about RPGs with people, y'know, if that's the sort of thing y'all are into.

Straightzi on

• Options
    ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    are you doing this here ala the glossoliaolossos or whatever it is

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nah, we run it on Vent

around 5 or 6 EST

I usually get bored by like 10ish and we end there

Straightzi on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    edited March 2009
    Why is this here and not in Critical Failures?

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    eminem-alive.jpg

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bogey wrote: »

Well, it's a preexisting SE game, as in, I started the game out of here initially, in one of the old D&D threads, so I felt that I ought to keep it around these parts as well. Should, theoretically, be easier for my players to find if it's here.

Also because I generally prefer things here and never bother going over to CF anymore.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    well i don't have a book anymore

if I gave you a character concept would you roll up the details and I Just trust you to play it cool or would i need to go out and get one of those

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    is this where we start planning another Spirit of the Century game

YaYa on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Zoel wrote: »
    well i don't have a book anymore

if I gave you a character concept would you roll up the details and I Just trust you to play it cool or would i need to go out and get one of those

There is a chance I could throw some things together

I have been known to do this sort of thing in the past

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    on a scale from 1 to silly how silly is your campaign

Zoel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, standard characters include such things as a sentient severed yeti paw who climbs onto people's shoulders to grant them magnificent boons and a superscientist who tried to create the perfect woman but ended up in a Jekyll/Hyde with her and also she is superstrong

But then again, I tend to be the sort of GM who will play silly for a while and then you'll end up locked in a burning building being raped by like twenty vampires, and I ain't talkin' figuratively

All-in-all, I'm more on the Lovecraftian horrors side of things than the silly side of things, but I will certainly accept some silliness. Shoot me a PM with your ideas, I'll see how well they work out.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    vampires in a burning building is very silly

can I be the third Marlboro man with all of his points in pryokenetics and horseback riding

also cosmic but i forget what it does

Zoel on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I could work with that

Tell me some more specifics, either in here or by PM

And I'll tool some things around tomorrow

Straightzi on
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    225px-RupertGiles.jpg

edit: I was really just looking for any excuse to post a picture of Giles

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

fuckin' really?

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    1. He believes he needs to maintain a secret identity for his secret identity because of laws preventing the promotion of cigarettes to minors
    2. He is deeply concerned with how much of a rugged invidualist he is
    3. He doesn't actually need cigarettes to use pryokinetics but he thinks he does because cigarettes are unironically addictive
    4. He thinks he knows phillip morris personally but he actually has very little clue who that person is and basically has no relation to the company except that they have some lawyers tailing him because who the hell is this person

That is pretty much what I came up with in five seconds I will consider additional quirks and fobiles over the coming day.

Zoel on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Anjin-San wrote: »

fuckin' really?

They know their stuff.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    no kidding

the assertion that somethin' don't belong here though

as opposed to what?

a megathread?

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Anjin-San wrote: »

fuckin' really?
    Yes, really. I don't want a ton of stupid game-threads here without good reason.

Bogey on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I thought you guys were using the D&D thread for this anyway

Moriveth on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, did I miss a game this last Tuesday, or did we skip that week?

Either way, it looks like I will, unfortunately, be mid-flight during the standard game-time this week.

Friggin' moving.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Where are you moving to DE?AD? Closer to me?

Bogey on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    'fraid not, Boges. Well kinda, but at the same time, not really.

Either way, I plan to be back in Seattle on a permanent-ish way by PAX-time.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Man, did I miss a game this last Tuesday, or did we skip that week?

Either way, it looks like I will, unfortunately, be mid-flight during the standard game-time this week.

Friggin' moving.

We skipped last week. We should be on for this week, although I'm having some difficulty finding my books right now, so it may be more made up on the spot than usual.

Of course, without you, who knows if we'll get enough players.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I thought you guys were using the D&D thread for this anyway

Well it got locked. And nobody made a new one, so I needed to make either a new D&D thread or a thread for myself. This can really be either of those things.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Zoel wrote: »
    1. He believes he needs to maintain a secret identity for his secret identity because of laws preventing the promotion of cigarettes to minors
    2. He is deeply concerned with how much of a rugged invidualist he is
    3. He doesn't actually need cigarettes to use pryokinetics but he thinks he does because cigarettes are unironically addictive
    4. He thinks he knows phillip morris personally but he actually has very little clue who that person is and basically has no relation to the company except that they have some lawyers tailing him because who the hell is this person

That is pretty much what I came up with in five seconds I will consider additional quirks and fobiles over the coming day.

It can work. I'll try to throw together a character when I get a chance, and we can test it out this week if you're interested.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    But there is a D&D thread dude, it's the Shoulda Worn A +1 Ring of Protection something something.

voila!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=85931&page=9

to be fair it isn't the most obvious name

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Still a thousand people trying to be mods? Cute.

Darkness Mundus on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2009
    eminem is releasing 2 albums this year or somethin, read it on digg

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    But there is a D&D thread dude, it's the Shoulda Worn A +1 Ring of Protection something something.

voila!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=85931&page=9

to be fair it isn't the most obvious name

Oh

Well shit, I didn't realize this

I haven't been around much the past couple of days, and I didn't see anything terribly apparent

So yeah, I'll probably end up running it out of there again, making this thread relatively useless

Let it die a quiet death, my friends

Straightzi on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Because SE is a chat forum and chat encompasses everything.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    y'all act like youve never seen a white person before

tugga on