As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Temptation Island [Phalla] - Game Over (Zealot Victory! Party Animal Draw)

• ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »
    Obbi wrote: »
    God, if only I got called in from reserve for that phalla.
    You'd have been first on my target list. I'd have newted you! Rawr!

Yes, I enjoyed my brief stint as evil. I am eagerly looking forward to it again. LaOs, don't disappoint!

Bein' on opposite teams would be nice, but workin' with you as an evil probably won't be a disaster.

I dunno, I've been wrong about that sorta thing before.

Obbi on
  • Mark L. WalbergMark L. Walberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, we're at 58 sign-ups right now, so I think I'm going to leave Sign-Ups open for another day. This means I have more time to get settled back into things from the weekend and anyone who may have missed the thread over the weekend has a chance to get in. The OP has the updated information.

Night 1 will end Wednesday rather than Tuesday as was originally planned. Sorry for the delay.

Mark L. Walberg on
  • EipnoomEipnoom Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm more of a lurker, but I've always wanted to try a phalla, so... !Signup

Eipnoom on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Welcome! First rule of Phalla: never vote for me. You can always trust me :P!

(I'm kind of disappointed that I lose my "never evil" title. :().

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Your only distinguishing feature now is your affinity with cake. And that's tenous at best.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited March 2009
    Tenuous!? I'm the biggest cake-lover here! Cake is awesome!

Plus, beyond that, I have the distinguishing feature of being the overall best person here. I'm indescribably awesome.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kime

Am I doing it right?

Orange Soda on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, I've never been evil every Phalla I've been in. Does this mean I get a turn at being evil?

Zandracon on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I was leader of the evils in the last phalla, go me!!!

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What exactly is evil on Temptation Island anyway? I can understand there being a few morally grey things, but how we could fit evil in is something my mind doesn't want to dwell on.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited March 2009
    Daius wrote: »
    What exactly is evil on Temptation Island anyway. I can understand there being a few morally grey things, but how we could fit evil in is something my mind doesn't want to dwell on.

furries, gold diggers, STD's, gift givers, sharking(?), ect.

Those are my guesses

Oh, and goatse.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I agree with you there, in this scenario goatse would definitely be evil. In fact, I feel safe in saying that goatse would be evil in just a bout any scenario I would care to imagine.

Nitsua on
    edited March 2009
    Nitsua wrote: »
    I agree with you there, in this scenario goatse would definitely be evil. In fact, I feel safe in saying that goatse would be evil in just a bout any scenario I would care to imagine.

There is no vig kill, only goatse.

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • OhtsamOhtsam Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kime I'm going to run you and the other Witches into the fucking ground

Ohtsam on
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nitsua wrote: »

There is no vig kill, only goatse.

As hilarious as that sounds, I truly hope that isn't the plan... what a terrible way to go. Right up there with death by tub girl.

Nitsua on
  • SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Is it too early to grudge kime?

I certainly hope not.

SpectralSpork on
  • MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Back from Hell, can't wait to Sign up!!!

Maximus on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Who's the person that always waits until the other person signs up so they can sign up and revenge vote each other?

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Malkor, that would be Thetheroo and Maximus.

I believe.

and Ohtsam... I'm Sorry!!!!!! I didn't mean to kill your nifty cool mechanic on night one!

I"M SO SORRYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Also, Kime is rocking as an evil.

lonelyahava on
  • KrataLightbladeKrataLightblade Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sign me up 'cuz 'Hava asked me to.

Is that enough pretty colors, Laos?

KrataLightblade on
    LEVEL 50 SWORD JUGGLER/WIZARD!
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yay!

Krata signed up!

yay!

Date night!

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2009
    and Ohtsam... I'm Sorry!!!!!! I didn't mean to kill your nifty cool mechanic on night one!

I"M SO SORRYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Also, Kime is rocking as an evil.

^^^^What she said. Pretty much everything there. . .

Also, <3 my loyal voters! I can always count on you ! :P

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Retracting my sign-up. Too much going on at the moment.

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
    edited March 2009
    Aww :(

kime on
    Steam profile
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I 'gree

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You shall not pass ......

Go.....

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Did somebody say MMMMMAAAXXXXIIIIMMMMMUUUUUUSSSSSS????????!!!!??

Thetheroo on
  • Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »

OH SHI-

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    killing kime so hard

M.D. on
    edited March 2009
    Ultros64 wrote: »

OH SHI-

For the uninformed, here's how it started.
    Ardor wrote:
    Thetheroo lunges at Crimsoncoyote with his sword, but Crimsoncoyote’s pot lid shield deflects the attack!
    CrimsonCoyote and Toxic Toys have a standaoff. Crimsoncoyote grabs a coconut from the ground and lunges to hit Toxic toys with it, but misses.
    Toxic Toys grabs Crimsoncoyote by the hair, pulls his head back, slices his throat with his switchblade. However, as Crimsoncoyote falls to the ground, he pulls out a first aid kit and is able to bandage himself up and get away.
    Maximus slices right though Thetheroo with his sword, killing him.

There's an epic backstory behind those little sets of moves, however.

Thetheroo on
    edited March 2009
    killing kime so hard
    :P Not if I get you first! Really though, I hope I have some way of killing/bothering people. So many fun targets, hee hee hee.

TTR, epic backstory? Share?

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited March 2009
    killing kime so hard
    :P Not if I get you first! Really though, I hope I have some way of killing/bothering people. So many fun targets, hee hee hee.

My fanfic has all the details necessary.
    Am I joking?

Thetheroo on
    edited March 2009
    killing kime so hard

Am I joking?

You better not be. You got my hopes up!

kime on
    Steam profile
    edited March 2009
    killing kime so hard

Am I joking?

You better not be. You got my hopes up!

I wrote it for Freeagent a while back. The horribleness is intended.
    Thetheroo wrote:
    Law told me about this and made me do it, I apologize for the length, I had way too much fun with it.
    The Theroo began the day like every other, rolling over and searching under his pillow for his hated enemy, Maximus Traitorous. He proceeded to tear apart his entire house searching for his arch-nemesis, leaving no nook unchecked and no cranny missed. He then kneeled down, tears streaming off his cheeks, and prayed to the Gods for Maximus Traitorous to die and for his torment to end.

Men wondered how it had began, how such good friends became such bitter enemies. Some would believe that it was The Theroo who threw the first blow, but the truth is that Maximus Traitorous began this accursed cycle. The Theroo had come to Maximus Traitorous in friendship, bearing an offering of peace and a beneficial alliance. However, the cunning Maximus Traitorous spit in his face and stabbed him the back. Broken and bleeding on the battleground of Phalla Royale, the Theroo swore revenge. He would not rest until he had run Maximus Traitorous out of these lands forever, he would not stop until he had his triumph, and woe to anything man or God who got in his way.

That day a feud was born, and such a mighty war it has been. Men have tried to stop it, and they have been broken upon the great fight. The struggle has been long and costly; neither side is able to rest for fear the other is watching. Many attempts had been made on their lives, and there would be many more before the feud was done. However, this day was different, this day it might end.

The Theroo stepped outside, though not before looking both ways to see if any hired assassins were waiting outside his door. Seeing none, he donned his top hat and monocle and proceeded to make his way to the village bar to see if he could procure any drinks to make his long vigil go sweeter and to forget the many bloody battles he had endured. As he walked the villagers scattered away from him, getting to close to the Theroo has a way of shortening ones lifespan, the assassins of Maximus Traitorous were everywhere and did not care about collateral damage. However, this relaxing jaunt was not to be. As the Theroo opened the door to the pub, a knife whistled by him, missing his monocle by mere centimeters. Reacting instinctively using the experience gained from many attempts on his life, he kicked over the nearest table and took cover behind it. Faster than the eye could see, he reached into his coat and drew out his twin pistols, the legendary weapons Epic and Reveal. Forged in fires of the great Mount Doom under the watch of an Elder Cacodemon, the Theroo never went anywhere without them. The .357 Magnum Epic was said to be able to shoot fire and lightning from across a mile away and stop a wild rampaging Bandwagon dead in its tracks, all while looking incredibly stylish. It's twin, the howdah pistol Reveal, was not something to be trifled with, it could pierce the strongest of guards and kill the toughest of baddies. It was only loosed in the gravest of circumstances, though many have said that the Theroo used it far too often. However, he had to, danger was everywhere.

His weapons unleashed, he grabbed his pocket mirror and held it up over his head to take a look at the latest assassin, no doubt some hired gun way over his head. However, today was different. The Theroo gave an audible gasp when he saw that it was none other then his hated opponent, Maximus Traitorous. He had finally manned up and decided to finish this battle like real men. The Theroo gave a quick prayer in thanks that today it would finally be over, his long ordeal was finally at an end. He kicked back the table and started firing.

No man knows how long these Titans fought, the Theroo throwing fire and lighting and Maximus Traitorous giving back all that he took. The clash set the bar on fire with the violence of the blows, and the warriors spilled out onto the streets of the town. Thunder was heard for miles around, animals hid, and even the Gods themselves stopped their ceaseless games and watched. Every being knew that today history would be made, today would be the end of an era, today it would finally end, and no man, beast, or even God would get in the way of the fury of the two.

After days of struggle, the Theroo saw his chance, a small opening in Maximus Traitorous' defense. He drew his pistols together, lined up the shot, and whispered "It's Epic Reveal Time, you son of bitch." He pulled the trigger, and there was a blinding light and a thunderous boom. The shot that issued from those barrels had the power to unmake armies, to destroy Gods, and to rip the very fabric of reality itself powered by the hatred the two men felt towards each other. Maximus Traitorous saw the shot coming, and knew his time was at an end. Accepting his end like a true man, he closed his eyes and waited for the end.

However, it was not time just yet.

The world froze, and the combatants stood still. The Theroo could only watch with a hatred that could light a thousand stars as Maximus Traitorous was taken away from the battlefield. It seemed that their contest was not yet over, could not be over. There always needed to be a fight, a struggle, a battle between these tortured souls. Their hatred for each other was so deeply ingrained into the very fabric of reality itself that the cessation of the conflict would mean the end of the universe, so they must continue until end of all things. So if you ever come across the Theroo or Maximus Traitorous then run, run very far away, but pity these two men and their bitter, eternal wars.
    FUCK LAW FOR MAKING ME WRITE THIS. I had way too much fun.

Please don't hurt meeeeee.

Thetheroo on
    edited March 2009
    I'm not in this.
    Why am I not in this?

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !reserve

durax on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thetheroo wrote:
    The horribleness is intended.

This sounds like a cop-out to me. My question is: could you make it intentionally good?
    I want my four minutes back.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
    edited March 2009
    Thetheroo wrote:
    The horribleness is intended.

This sounds like a cop-out to me. My question is: could you make it intentionally good?
    I want my four minutes back.

I doubt it.

And it's your own damn fault for reading a goddamn fanfic.

Thetheroo on
  • Mark L. WalbergMark L. Walberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    durax wrote: »
    !reserve

You can be an actual player, if you like. I wanted at least 60, but was shooting for 80.

Gandalf, don't sweat it--people get busy. Krata, thanks for signing up.

Mark L. Walberg on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah, good! Kime's performance in that mini is gonna be pretty good to alleviate grudges against me.

Obbi on