As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

YOHO a [Puzzle Pirates] Life for Me!

Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
edited March 2010 in MMO Extravaganza
pp_logo.en.png
ship-scene.jpg

For the uninitiated Puzzle Pirates is a puzzle based, pirate themed MMO from Three Rings. I think it's about time we have a thread to discuss the game, politics, puzzle strategies, arrange PA pillages and so on.

Where to get it

Go to the Puzzle Pirates Home Page and click 'enter the pirate world' to get the client. Both Mac and PC versions are available

How it works

Pretty much every piratey aspect is carried out via a puzzle. You create a character and pretty much take it any direction from there. You can be a vicious pirate working your way up the ranks plundering Pieces-of-eight (POE) from players and NPC pirates alike or start your own crew and build it up into a vast empire. If that's not your style you can be a trader moving goods across the ocean, buying low and selling high. If sailing isn't your thing you can aspire to be a shop owner producing goods for your fellow pirate.

The economy of PP is incredibly in-depth, 100% player run and could be a separate game all on it's own. When I say player run I mean it. Say you just bought a fancy black captains hat. That hat wasn't just spawned by some NPC shop. A player opened the shop, which he pays rent on, as well as the salaries of other pirates who produce the labor needed to create the hat. He bought the black cloth for the hat from a weavery (owned by another player) who had to ship in the raw material for the cloth which would likely be brought to the island by a merchant, and acquire the dye needed to color the hat from an apothecary which had to pillage incredibly rare kraken's blood (or buy it from a pirate captain who happened upon it while pillaging).

Every island is player controlled, more specifically Flag controlled. Flags are conglomerates of several crews all working together. Any flag can blockade an island vying for control, though it takes a powerful fleet and once an island is blockaded by one flag competing flags will often show up in an attempt to sieze power.

Worth noting, is that Puzzle Pirates easily has the nicest most mature playerbase of any MMO free or otherwise

”OK.... how much?”

The full game client is free. Many puzzles are free with others only available on certain days of the week. Free players have item and crew restrictions. They can't buy the most lavish clothing/weapons and can't progress to officer in a crew.

Should you decide you want access to everything, Three Rings has created two different kinds of server (known as oceans) with different payment methods

Subscription Oceans: The basic MMO model, you pay $10/month and have access to every aspect of the game

Dubloon Ocean: I'm a subscription type pirate so someone who'se played on a dubloon ocean can explain this better. Basically you buy dubloons (with real money or POE in game from other players) and use them to buy badges which open up specific portions. For example if you want to take a job at a player's shop you need a labor badge. If you want to start a crew you spend some dubloons on a captain badge. All badges have a time limit so you'll have to spend more dubloons if you want to have access to something for an extended period of time.

Those are the basics I'll cover the puzzles below, if you already play or plan on trying it out post your username and what ocean you're on. I'll add em to the OP so we can find eachother

Who's Playing
Cobalt (sub)
Fleck0...................Flecko
Tofystedeth..........Tofystedeth
Indigo (sub)
Midnight (sub)
Hunter (dub)
Malachite (dub)
Zanmatto.............Misteyy
Opal (dub)
Sage (dub)
Viridian (dub)

steam_sig.png
Fleck0 on

• Fleck0Fleck0 Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Duty Puzzles

These all take place onboard a ship. Each puzzle plays a part in keeping the ship afloat or keeping it battle ready

Sailing
    180pxsailingcz0.png

The goal of sailing is to match up pairs of colored orbs that fall from the top of the screen with the color coded grids that populate the screen. Matching up 4 of the same color horizontally or vertically causes those orbs to disappear causing any connected orbs with nothing below them to fall, making massive chain combos possible through careful planning.

Bilge
    180pxbilgeyw4.png

Bilge is bejeweled, which is why it's always the first job to fill up on larger ships. The purpose of the bilge puzzle is to pump water out of the ship which can drastically slow it down. A little bit of water is slowly accumulated by just sailing around, if an enemy shoots your ship full of holes it'll start pouring in, making moves take longer if the tiles are submerged.

Carpentry
    180pxcarpentryan8.png

Ahh Carp, how terrible I am at you. The basic idea is to use the shapes in the center to fill in the 4 boards around the screen. Carp repairs damage to the boat, both wear and tear and cannonball holes

Gunnery
    180pxgunnerypuzzleed3.png

Gunnery loads the guns, so you can fire them at other things. Various items will spill out of the bucket in the middles and begin following a path around the board. Your job is to place a limited number of arrows down to direct them into the cannons in the proper order (Wad -> powder -> cannonball).

Navigation
    180pxnavaa9.png

Navigation helps every aspec of the ship, if you're doing well the ship will go move, repair and empty the bilge faster. Nav is generally performed by a crew officer or whoever is leading a voyage. Whoever is delegated to the Nav puzzle will also be controlling the ship during sea battle. The goal is to spin the 3 rings clockwise or counter-clockwise to steer the colored stars in the corresponding circles. Each circle spins independant from the others so if you move an empty space on the “lowewst tier” ring below a star on the next ring up it'll fall down to the lowest tier

Sea Battle
    180pxseabattlecd2.png

I know it's tough to tell what's going on in that tiny picture. Sea Battle is how battle between ships / sea monsters / etc. Plays out. Your ship is on on grid populated by rocks, whirlpools and currents. Each ship moves and fires simultaneously every 30 seconds or so. The captain places up to four move tokens in place and decides when and wich direction the cannons will fire. If you've played the board game Robo Rally, it's very similar to that. How successful the captain will be in battle is directly tied to the crew. He needs sails to produce move tokens, bilge and carp to keep the weight down, and gunners to keep the cannons loaded. Once one ship grapples onto another a crew vs crew swordfight will break out

Treasure Haul
    180px-Treasure_Haul_Green_Gem.jpg

Trasure hall is only available during certain situations Brigand King Flotillas (kind of like NPC bosses that sail the sea), Island blockades, and sea monster battles. It's kind of a cross between bilge and foraging. You swap coins vertically trying to match 3 or more. When a chest pops up you want to clear a path for it to get to the top of the puzzle screen, at which point it gets added to the ships hold

Multiplayer Puzzles

Multiplayer puzzles fall in a few different categories, Swordfighting and Rumble occur at sea, usually in large crew vs crew battles, others are known as Carousing puzzles that are usually played at inns either to ralax or make POE

Swordfighting
    180pxswordfightchallengdq1.png

If you've ever played Super Puzzle Fighter then you know how to swordfight. Lay down various colored blocks and use breakers of the same color to send those blocks over to your opponent(s). Swordfights come in many forms, casual 1 on 1 challenges, tournaments, and sea battles often involving dozens of pirates on each side. There are a variety of swords that'll effect the attack pattern you send over to your opponent.

Rumble
    180pxscreenshotrumblesk1.png

Rumble plays kinda like Puzzle Bobble (aka Bust a Move), you have two boxing gloves each firing colored balls toward the top of the screen. Rumble has a lot in common with swordfighting, you can play it 1v1, in tournaments, and in massive sea battle (when pillaging you'll occaisionally run into barbarians, which results in a rumble after the ship vs ship portion rather than a swordfight). Like swordfighting you can purchase a variety of bludgeons which effects the attack pattern sent to your enemy

Drinking
    180pxdrinkingdf7.png

Drink and be merry! Drink takes place mainly at inns. Basically each pirate takes turns placing mugs of different shapes and colors on a grid attempting to capture rows and columns by having placed the majority of mugs in that row when it completed a full line across the board. Like swordfighting and rumble pirates can purchase and equip different mugs which give them various advantages

Poker
    180pxpokermg4.png

Not much to say here, pirates love gambling. A couple different varients exist but Texas hold 'em is pretty much the only on people play. Poker plays a pretty big part in the economy as Lots of POE changes hands across these tables

Treasure Drop
    180pxtreasuredropboardbf8.jpg

Treasure drop is kinda like Plinko from 'The Price is Right'. Each pirate takes turns dropping a coin and trying to get it to land in the highest paying slot at the bottom, there's nothing random here so it takes some strategic planning to flip levers that litter the board in order to both get a good score while screwing over your opponent at the same time. Treasure Drop tournaments are sometimes held as well

There are more carousing puzzles and card games all available at your local inn including hearts and spades

Crafting Puzzles

Crafting puzzles make the economy go 'round. Almost every industry has it's own puzzle at this point (excluding weaving, furniture making, and tailoring which aren't too far off).

Alchemistry
    180pxalchemistryboardfv1.png

The goal here is to rotate the pipes so the colors at the top lead to the corresponding bottles below with a limited number of moves. A better score is given for filling more bottles in one go and using more complex colors (via mixing the 3 primary colors you're given). Alchemy is used to create various potions (things like teleporting between islands and changing appearance) as well as paints and enamels which are are used in some way and pretty much every other shop

Distilling
    180pxdistillingvv5.png

Another puzzle I'm terrible at, and I'm not alone on this one. If you're good at distilling you stand to make a whole lot of money, as you're in the small elite that can provide expert labor. Basically you want to arrange the white balls in vertical lines and send them up to the furnace while sending the brown and black balls down to the furnace. Distilleries make rum, for sailors as well as mugs for the drinking puzzle

Foraging
    180pxforagingboarddr6.png

Foraging is availble only aboard ships at non-colonized islands. Rotate the tiles to form sets of 3 causing gravity to take it's course. Clear the way for the boxes of fruit and treasure chests to fall out the bottom and the goods will be added to the ship's hold and you'll be paid depending on what items you forage and how much the crew you're working for is paying for said items

Shipwrightery
    180pxshipwrighteryom0.png

Swap the tiles in the board around to match up with the templates on the bottom. Yellow pieces swap diagonally, brown vertically, black horizontally and white pieces can only be swapped with. You have until the water reaches the bottom of the board to make as many matches as you can. Each match moves the flag to the left up a notch, when it reaches the top the puzzle ends and you're scored based on how many combos you got each “cycle”. Shipwrightery is used to build ships as well as bludgeons for the rumble puzzle

Blacksmithing
    300pxblacksmithingboardea9.png

A logic puzzle, each tile has a number or a chess piece symbol on it. Each time you strike a tile you then move as the chess piece would or the number of spaces the another tile. Each tile can be struck 3 times before it disappears. Ideally you want to clear the board of all the tiles or be left with as few as possible when you run out of moves. Blacksmiths produce swords and cannonballs

Misc

these aren't really puzzles in themselves, more activities (that will generally involves puzzling) that could use some explanation

Sea Monster Hunts
    You can join a sea monster hunt by finding it on the notice board. A sea monster hunt generally entails a crew hiring jobbers from all over the ocean to enter an atlantean waters in search of treasure. You can get a lot of cool stuff from SMHs in addition to lots of POE, there're are exclusive clothes, furniture and pets.

A sea monster hunt is kinda like the equivalent of a raid you'd find in an RPG style MMO in the sense that they take many people (usually around 75) working in tandem towards great rewards. If the crew running the hunt doesn't have their shit in order they very well may lose their big fancy boat.

SMHs work like this: the captain (or officer of the crew running the hunt) will navigate around the atlantean outpost dodging and taking out a whole bunch of sea monsters. If they can manage to get in a position where they can hold still, everyone onboard has a chance to haul up treasure, which is later split between everyone who helped. While this is happening atlanteans will board the ship and try to muck everything up, so each hunt has to have a decently sized team of defenders who engage them in swordfights. SMHs can go on for hours though there's nothing wrong with taking off before then (they'll generally make several trips in and out of the outpost for this very reason).

Some basic intructions: depending on when you join you may have to wait around for the boat to fill, if this is the case just hang out and do whatever, claim your favorite station if you want, some captains even lay out poker tables and other games on the ship so people have something to do. Once it gets started the MAA (master at arms) will lay down the basic rules so it's hard to screw up.

I've never seen someone get yelled at for doing poorly at a puzzle so don't worry about that, and enjoy the crapload of money you'll make in a short time

Cursed Islands
    This is the big release, currently in open beta on the ice ocean. I Don't know a whole lot about it yet except that it's a team oriented event kinda like sea monster hunts except instead of everyone being on one big ship you go in with about 6 small ships, and it involves making landfall on said cursed islands. You fight zombies too.

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    That game looks super fun...

I'm addicted to places like popcap.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
    edited November 2008
    If there are any questions go ahead an ask here.

the YPPedia is also has a ton of information

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Nice thread for a nice game, Fleck0. :^: I added a link to the Free MMO ÜberList.

Aldo on
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I'm on Sage, but the last time I played a couple months ago, the lag was insane, so I stopped playing. Might go back in the future.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is there still that internet radio station that gets DJed by a few players? Was always fun listening to that and pillaging with my crewmates.

edit:Last time I played was a bit over a year ago I think. It was a fun game, but I had been playing less and my abilities with the Puzzles were suffering. It is definatly a game you want to spend a lot of time playing just so that you don't lose your edge.

Seg on
    edited November 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Is there still that internet radio station that gets DJed by a few players? Was always fun listening to that and pillaging with my crewmates.

edit:Last time I played was a bit over a year ago I think. It was a fun game, but I had been playing less and my abilities with the Puzzles were suffering. It is definatly a game you want to spend a lot of time playing just so that you don't lose your edge.

I was actually just reading about that on the wiki, never tried it but it sounds interesting. Radio Free Cobalt sounds like it's still going, I dunno if there's different stations for different oceans though I'd assume that one isn't really "cobalt-centric". I'll have to give it a listen later today

edit: Gonna add an entry in the OP later tonight, but for anyone new who wants money, I'd say sea monster hunts are definitely the way to go. They're kinda like the YPP equivalent of raids... sorta. They can take awhile but a good one will fill your pockets quick. I stayed around for about an hour or so earlier today and came out with 6000 POE, and a few random items

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • quarthinosquarthinos Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    It's been a while. Are they still preventing dubloon players from playing on subscription oceans?

quarthinos on
    edited November 2008
    quarthinos wrote: »
    It's been a while. Are they still preventing dubloon players from playing on subscription oceans?

not sure what you're referring to. You can create a pirate on any ocean. Do you mean can you use dubloons on a subscription ocean?

Fleck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    man, I played the shit out of this game back when it was in open beta. (late '03 I think) but didn't really have the time or cash to keep playing when it went pay-to-play.

I think I have an account with a couple doubloon pirates on it - maybe I'll pick it up in a couple months when I start to get wow-fatigue again...

edit: damn, that new sea monster hunt thing sounds really cool.

SaraLuna on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Hey, awesome, I was wondering when we'd have another Y!PP thread.

I log in every so often to make sure the Pirates of Arcadia fleet's still doing okay. (The crew on Sage.) Think I'm the only one that's considered "active."

If anyone wants, I figure we could take the fleet out for a spin some night.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I think I'll try this out.

Mortal Sky on
  • zanmattozanmatto Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I am playing as Misteyy on Malachite. I can switch to a different server if I have to, but just for the record.

zanmatto on
  • KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So, uh, is anyone still playing this? I started up a character on Malachite with the name of Reinker earlier last week. I've now got a IM stall running there, trying to see if I can't make a profit.

If enough people start playing again we should start up a crew.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • ZoelZoel I suppose... I'd put it on Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    shanoyu/zoel reporting in

I run with good grief on sage sometimes but I really mostly play eve now.

After having spent literally countless hours blockading islands simply because X did not sleep with Y I have moved onto a place that my friends are not attempting to use as a dating service.

That said the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

They have never prevented this. In fact, I believe there is a webpage to convert dubloons into subscription months at a rate of 42 per month.

You can do this here.

The upshot is that if you are relatively good at a labor puzzle, you can still play on subscription oceans while playing ~27 puzzles per month on the doubloon oceans.

Although Cleaver does not give us detailed statistics on his income, the fact of the matter is that YPP makes metric !@#$ tons more with doubloon oceans than with subscription oceans. In fact, the game wasn't even profitable until their release.

They got a takedown notice, or rather a bill, when the internet radio stuff was going down. They still have some iTunes podcasts going down I believe but none of them are really my cup of tea.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yo, I'm Tofystedeth on Cobalt ocean.
    If anyone wants puzzling tips on the duty puzzles I can help.
    Only crafting puzzle I was ever good at was Shipwrighting though.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Mechanically, I think Puzzle Pirates is probably the best MMO ever made.

piL on
    edited March 2009
    Oh god, the e-drama, I wasn't even that heavily involved in my guild and yet I was confronted with drama on a near daily basis.

Aldo on
    edited March 2009
    Thread needs more content.

Politics, Island Soverignty, Money, and how you can get a piece of that pie.

Although you wouldn't know unless you looked at their forums, Puzzle Pirates has a relatively hardcore political system. While EVE has a complex metagame with spies, Puzzle Pirates takes that line, laughs at it, and takes a great big tinkle all over it. Puzzle Pirates actually has rules that prevent you from outing spies. In fact, revealing someone's alternate identity is actually a bannable offense, and it is enforced. While you can troll someone back on the ingame forums to more or less your hearts content, complaining that someone has gone too far will probably elicit a response like this:

Eh, you seem like you're doing a pretty good job defending yourself.

But all of this is boring unless you are trying to sleep with someone or puzzle pirates has somehow ruined your marriage because of the way island soverignty works.

Essentially the main political goal in puzzle pirates is the acquision and administration of individual islands. The way this is done is by declaring blockades on islands held by other players or by Brigand Kings. Winning a blockade gives you the right to drop shops on said island. What it requires for someone to win a blockade however, is that they pay you an amazing amount of money in excess of what the damn rock is worth.

In order to win a blockade, you basically need mercenaries, lots of them. All real blockades take place on the weekend. (The Event blockades held on weekdays can't transfer island soverignty.) The game's built in pay mechanism will allow you to duty puzzle for one side while receiving a certain amount of poe per part of the blockade for your efforts. The big money you're looking for are flags offering 1,000 poe per segment. On a good day, this will allow you to make around ~15,000 poe for about 3 hours work, which is more than you can make duty puzzling in any other way. Also, keep in mind that on doubloon oceans you can always transfer poe back into doubloons using the anonymous in game doubloon exchange, so you can fence your profits to your main regardless of what doubloon ocean you do your dirty deeds upon.

To find blockades, check out the notice boards of the oceans on saturday morning (or friday night) and see who is dropping on who. Once the flags start loading up their ships (generally, about 1h to 45m before a blockade starts) the notice board tab "Blockades!" should show you who to /tell to ask for a job, as well as the rate at which they are paying. send whoever that is "/tell blahblahblah job me" and you should be transferred to a ship ready to hop into battle. Then you're free to puzzle, make some cash, and watch the boomy on the sea battle board.

Zoel on
    A magician gives you a ring that, when worn, will let you see the world as it truly is.
    However, the ring will never leave your finger, and you will be unable to ever describe to another living person what you see.
    edited March 2009
    My crew won an island once. The main contender in the blockade was one of the largest flags at the time. We were small but skilled. They had poor attendance, we had good attendance and lots of volunteers, and wiped the floor with them.

The flag we merged into later also had an island, that our queen won in a game of poker.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Now *that's* poker! :D Damn, you're making me miss the game, but then I remember what a hassle it was to progress my character and how annoying I was when my toon's fancy outfit got reduced to shreds. I still don't understand why they had that mechanic in place.

Aldo on
    edited March 2009
    PoE Sink.

I had a helluva crew. Unfortunately a couple people drama'd it all up and the captain got tired of captaining and people split and stuff. I ended up inheriting the crew, but it wasn't the same. It was amazing how good they all were. And how fun. We could do an orange pillage with every body getting increds on their puzzles while having prolific and filthy chats. Well sort of filthy. Mostly double entendres. I've got some pretty good screenshots, lemme see if I can find them.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    money sinks is what repair costs are for, you shouldn't just lose your stuff. :(

Aldo on
    edited March 2009
    I suppose it also helps stimulate player shops and stuff.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Here we go. Here's a shot of one our Kraken Blood runs.
    Hizzo was captain of a small (like 4 people) PvP oriented crew in our flag. He's very intense. Loved to sink ships. He'd go out on a sloop with only one other crew member and still be reduced to attacking fully loaded cutters and some brigs because his might rating was so high. Zowee is the wife of Timm, our King, and they are both awesome players and really fun people. Groyn and Kemis were my roommates in college. Groyn once got a Masterpiece^17 in carpentry.
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/Tofystedeth/bamfs.jpg

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    money sinks is what repair costs are for, you shouldn't just lose your stuff. :(

The thing is that every object of a certain type is identical. There's no stats on anything per se. Since all objects are made by players, the economy would basically just break down if you could repair your stuff instead of getting other people to make new stuff for you.

Zoel on
    edited March 2009
    Besides, it's not like your clothing shreds in a week or anything.

Most new items are 60-90 days.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited March 2009
    As an individual player who didn't spend any cash on it it was still kind of annoying. I mean, I understand the macroeconomic reasons behind it, but damn son, I wasn't interested in the economy, I just wanted to play some puzzles and yell 'yarr'. :(

Aldo on
    edited March 2009
    You...can?

You make more than enough money just pillaging other ships to outfit yourself. I haven't put any cash into the game and I've already got a stall set up to make a profit, and I'm in line to buy a ship.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited March 2009
    Kajusta wrote: »
    You...can?

You make more than enough money just pillaging other ships to outfit yourself. I haven't put any cash into the game and I've already got a stall set up to make a profit, and I'm in line to buy a ship.
    I guess I never played it enough, then.

Aldo on
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah if you have any sort of competence at the puzzles it's pretty easy to make plenty of cash, enough to play or buy pretty much whatever you want within reason.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Now, of course, your mileage on competence will vary depending on the ocean you're on.

Every time you puzzle, you're graded on a curve. That is to say there isn't a strict score you have to get to score incredible on a puzzle, you just have to be in the top 5% of scorers. So, if you're playing on midnight where everyone is super experienced you will find things a lot harder than on a doubloon ocean, where you weight in the scores of people who play once and don't like puzzle games.

Zoel on
    edited March 2009
    In short, play on Doubloon oceans.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited March 2009
    Zoel wrote: »
    Now, of course, your mileage on competence will vary depending on the ocean you're on.

Every time you puzzle, you're graded on a curve. That is to say there isn't a strict score you have to get to score incredible on a puzzle, you just have to be in the top 5% of scorers. So, if you're playing on midnight where everyone is super experienced you will find things a lot harder than on a doubloon ocean, where you weight in the scores of people who play once and don't like puzzle games.
    This is why my screenshot at the top was so awesome. The population on our ocean was such, that at that time, we were taking over half of the available increds.

Also funny story.

I one won a 5 league carpentry bakeoff, by only carping about 2/3s of a league. I manged to get a high enough incred, that even after I got switched to bilge, nobody else on the ship managed to beat my score.
    Sorry, if I'm bragging. YPP is one of the few games where I'm actually among the top players.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    i'm enjoying the malachite ocean at the moment, it's a pretty high curve right now. Makes getting ultimates challenging again, at least since my beta midnight sub ran out. I'm playing with the SA group as they've kept a pretty high standard for puzzle rankings.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    i'm enjoying the malachite ocean at the moment, it's a pretty high curve right now. Makes getting ultimates challenging again, at least since my beta midnight sub ran out. I'm playing with the SA group as they've kept a pretty high standard for puzzle rankings.

ah yes

THE SALTY MOUTHFULS.

Did Thanos take over Malachite or did he get bored with that ocean yet

Zoel on
    edited March 2009
    After hunter I think everyone mellowed out about world domination and now just enjoy comfortable living on mala.

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    ... Thanos was in salty mouthfuls?

I thought he hated goons with a passion or whatever

Zoel on
    edited March 2009

What's your in game name?

Also, I just bought a new outfit and I look pretty sweet.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
    edited March 2009
    hmm? hard to hate goons with a passion when you're allied with them

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png