As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Kingdoms of Phallacia - Day 4 (There is no Day 3)

• Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Good news! Got out of work early. Working on narration now.

Edit: Also, AWESOMEST FIRST DAY OF PHALLA EVER!!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wow, that's saying something. Especially with the deals Shinto's pulled the last couple times.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    I'm starting to worry that all the specials are dead now.

Smasher on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007

Just wait till you read. Y'all are goin' down.

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    URK, URK URK! MY NECK! AAAAAAH!!!

SOMEONE PULL MY LEG AND MAKE THIS QUI-*cRACK*

Squashua on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

Just wait till you read. Y'all are goin' down.

Man, you are really sounding like a bad guy. Why not just come out and say you're evil if you're evil?

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    I think he just did.

Smasher on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    He has been saying he's evil the entire time, he was probably just playing the fool instead of just being insane.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007

Just wait till you read. Y'all UNSPECIFIED FACTION are goin' down.

*whoooooo* fixed *whooooooo* {ghost sounds}

Squashua on
    edited February 2007

If you're a rogue, we'll find out once you're dead anyway.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    I wonder if psycholarry's pm has anything to do with whatever this is.

Smasher on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Jeez, I take a nap and some crazy changes go down. Squash was acting even more dubious than anyone else this game, though I would look to the people who have been uncommonly quiet since he was staked.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Half an hour to write this up? Oh man.

Smasher on
  • Lord Cecil EaglelaserLord Cecil Eaglelaser Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

I can't wait to find out what this jibberish actually means.

-Edit-

This really was one of the best first days of a Phalla I've been involved in.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    We must have really broken the typewritter this time...

*taps her fingers*

AcidSerra on
    edited February 2007
    Damnit, I have to leave for work in 15 minutes. I hope it is posted by then, or I wont see it until 11!

O.O

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »

I can't wait to find out what this jibberish actually means.

I'm sure you know what it means.

That you monsters are out to kill us all?

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
    edited February 2007
    So... who got assassinated by the klan or vigilante'd this turn?

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    We'll find out once Visibilehowl posts the narration.

Seems like he's busy at the moment or something.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    I hope to God the vigilante can withold his power if he wants, in such a small game we'll probably lose to the vigilante.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
    edited February 2007
    It's gonna be crazy.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    It's gonna be crazy.

HONK HONK HONK HONK

Squashua on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What in the blue blazes is going on around here? I step away from my computer for two fricking hours and the place goes all ape-nuts crazy on me!

Ummm... I don't really have anything useful to add at this point. I guess I'll just wait for the narration to see whether or not I owe Squashua a big apology.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    This isn't gonna be updated before I go to work.....is it? Damnit.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    What in the blue blazes is going on around here? I step away from my computer for two fricking hours and the place goes all ape-nuts crazy on me!

Ummm... I don't really have anything useful to add at this point. I guess I'll just wait for the narration to see whether or not I owe Squashua a big apology.

It would be funny if I was, say THE SEER or something.

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

It would be funny if I was, say THE SEER or something.

Stirring ze pot some more, eh?

-Edit-

And with that, I am off to work. Be back in 30 mins. >.<;;

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007

And with that, I am off to work. Be back in 30 mins. >.<;;

Don't work too hard. :roll:

Har-har.

GrimmyTOA on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Holy crap, I really expected a close vote, not a dog pile on squashua. I was just trying to not die. Well, you guys have certainly created an entertaining first round. Let's keep it up.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited February 2007
    Stirring ze pot some more, eh?

Can't help it.

Squashua on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shit, I go to work and this thread explodes.

Can't wait to see what happens.

Shamus on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just hope you aren't zapped for not voting Shamus

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    “Well?” snapped the councillor, tapping his foot impatiently. “What do you see?”

“It is strange, milord. I’m having trouble with the vision. Normally I see red hostility or the bright light of benevolence, but this man has neither. All I can see is the tainted yellow of greed and avarice; far from virtues, to be sure, but hardly dangerous.”

The mystic blinked twice and felt the milky essence leave his eyes as his vision returned to normal.

“Perhaps we should inquire as to his motives, milord.”

Silence.

“Milord?” The mystic turned to see Councillor Eaglelaser lying slumped in his chair, the red line across his throat seeming to form an evil grin. He had exactly two seconds to panic before he felt a thin sensation trace a line across his neck. He crumpled to the floor.

The assassin paused long enough to complete one last task before slipping silently out the window.

---

The mood was somber as the councillors filed into the meeting room for the first assembly. As soon as everyone was settled, the Captain of the Guard stepped into the room holding a single sheet of paper.

“Good morning, milords. I am sure you are all aware of the horrific death of Councillor Eaglelaser. I am here to report on the details, and then I will leave you to your deliberations.”

“The councillor was discovered with his throat sliced open in his study. A close advisor was also found in the room, dispatched in a similar manner. A heinous act indeed, yet the true horror was revealed when our healers pulled back the councillor’s robes to examine him more thoroughly. A message was found -- engraved in his chest with a fine blade.”

The captain lifted the paper and began to read:
    My Dear Colleagues,

Consider this a warning. You cannot hope to stop us. Pay no attention to pretenders to power, for we will be the true masters

There was a flutter of whispers around the table after the captain finished reading. Suddenly, a loud voice was heard at the end of the table.

“This is madness! These men must be stopped!” All heads swiveled to face the speaker, Councillor Squashua.

“We must find these dastardly evildoers with all speed! Your, er, our lives may be in danger!” Shaking with righteous fury, he pointed an accusatory finger at Councillor AcidSerra. “You! You look awfully suspicious!” AcidSerra responded with a snarl, and a retort was on his lips, but he was interrupted by another outburst from Squashua. “Or you! You’re too smart for your own good!” He shifted his finger’s target to ArrBeeBee, who merely rolled his eyes and sighed.

A rumbling grew from the rest of the Council, and as Squashua continued to throw wild accusations at various Councillors, it escalated to a shouting match. Every Councillor was on his feet, yelling and cursing. Finally, Squashua could take it no longer, and yelled at the top of his lungs.

“SILENCE!”

The councillors ceased their screaming, and Squashua took the opportunity to speak yet again.

“Fine, let us put it to a vote. Who do YOU gentlemen think is the most suspicious of us?”

Nearly every councillor in the room pointed a finger at Squashua. His eyes bulged, and he slammed his palms on the table.

“You fools! You have no idea what you are doing! You cannot do this!”

AcidSerra grinned maliciously and snapped his fingers at the captain. The captain knocked twice on the door, and two guardsmen entered the room. AcidSerra pointed at Squashua, and declared “The Council has made its decision! Take him away and execute him immediately!” The guardsmen advanced on Squashua, each taking an arm, and dragged him towards the exit. Squashua began cackling hysterically, and yelled “Hah! You fools will never find all of us! We are too powerful, and soon you will all be joining me in Hell!” The guardsmen finally pulled him into the hallway, and the door slammed shut behind them. The councillors could still hear Squashua’s mad cackling through the walls, fading away slowly as he was led to the gallows.

Silence descended upon the room. The captain cleared his throat, and said “Pardon, milords, but if I might make a suggestion. This has been a very taxing day, and I’m sure you all feel weary. Perhaps the Council should reconvene tomorrow when you are all well-rested.” There was general agreement, and the Council adjourned for the day.

--

AcidSerra walked briskly towards his quarters, lost in thought. In fact, he only barely noticed the shape looming in front of him in time to keep from running into it. Looking up, he saw a face he recognized.

“Good afternoon, councillor. I am sorry, I must not have been paying attention to where I was going.”

“No apology necessary, Councillor AcidSerra. I will see you at the assembly tomorrow.”

“Likewise. Have a pleasant sleep.”

AcidSerra stepped around the other man and took three steps before the other councillor’s voice stopped him in his tracks.

“You know, for someone who is secretly plotting to take power from the Council, you seem to be rather deficient when it comes to hiding your emotions. The utter hatred you felt for Squashua was almost palpable.”

AcidSerra took a moment to compose himself, then turned towards his accuser.

“You are mistaken, my friend. My hatred was only for an evil man who threatened our very society. Do you not feel the same hatred?”

“No. While I certainly detest traitors, the depths of your loathing could only be found in someone with an evil heart. You may fool others, but you do not fool me.

AcidSerra paused for a brief moment, then his gentle smile morphed into a wicked rictus grin.

“You know, for someone intelligent enough to figure out my true intentions, you made a rather serious mistake confronting me about it in a deserted hallway.”

“Oh?”

“Yes. Sometimes the greatest minds can be the biggest fools.” AcidSerra stepped closer to the other councillor, and slowly drew a long dagger from beneath his cloak.

The other councillor raised a sardonic eyebrow and smirked. “Yes, I agree with you there.”

AcidSerra’s approach was halted abruptly by a sword thrust from behind. He caught a glimpse of a man dressed all in black before he collapsed to the stone floor and died.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007
    AcidSerra’s approach was halted abruptly by a sword thrust from behind. He caught a glimpse of a man dressed all in black before he collapsed to the stone floor and died.

HA HA

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    tl;dr

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser: Killed by rogue councillors; innocent
    Squashua: Executed; rogue councillor
    AcidSerra: Vigilanted; rogue councillor

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007
    tl;dr

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser: Killed by rogue councillors; innocent
    Squashua: Executed; rogue councillor
    AcidSerra: Vigilanted; rogue councillor

What a raping, good first day, sorry to go early.

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
    edited February 2007
    Wow.

Am I to take it that we're down a seer and also down two traitors on the first night?

Can that be even remotely accurate?

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    Two in one day? We should have this wrapped up by lunchtime.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    :winky:

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    So EagleLaser wasn't a seer, just a regular councilor? Are we allowed to know?

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    Excellent prose.

Squashua on