As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel Solicitations for June 2009

• weenusweenus Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Re: X-Solicits and the X-Lady news
    I feel like it might be a mislead. With all the clone BS going on, I can't really expect this Phoenix to be the real deal. I think they might be misleading in the wording of the second solicit and possibly just referring to Psylocke since she is on the cover and all, and she would have a decent affect on someone like Warren. I know the PA forums are huge on Psylocke, but I've always thought she was pretty cool, writers just struggled to handle her correctly or give her enough to work with. Some of the old Gambit/Psylocke flirting was great though.

weenus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hooraydiation wrote: And I don't care how distraught you are. It's just impolite to shoot yourself when someone has their dick inside you.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Isn't
    Madylene Pryor
    running around now?

Sorry about that.

Fencingsax on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah. But we were spoilering that just in case. Don't think the trades out yet or whatever.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah, Gischler was the third guy after Hurwitz and Swierczynski. I really wish Charlie Huston got on board Punisher MAX. Stupid writing novels people and critics like.
    Oh man that is a great idea.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The cover to Mighty Avengers #26 shows what the final team it looks like. Scarlet Witch really can't be rehabilitated so quick though. And I thought it was getting a price increase, but it still has it listed at $3.

And Khoi Pham isn't the artist anymore it seems. I thought he was a timely artist, Slott must be taking forever on scripts.

And it looks like X-Men: Legacy ends, hopefully Carey stays on when the new team starts up.

TexiKen on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    GODDAMN MOTHERFUCK NO

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU BASTARDS CANCELING IRON FIST :x:x:x:x

OHMYGODWHATTHEHELLDEARLORDWHY

:(

DouglasDanger on
    edited March 2009
    wwtMask wrote: »
    GODDAMN MOTHERFUCK NO

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU BASTARDS CANCELING IRON FIST :x:x:x:x

OHMYGODWHATTHEHELLDEARLORDWHY

:(
    False alarm, it's okay.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Whew. I was really nervous and mad!

:lol

DouglasDanger on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Full solicits are up.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    that Alex Ross Captain America 600 cover is fantastic.

Angry on
  • HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kind of strange that they're issuing $35 trades for X-Men: The End and Irredeemable Ant-Man.

And Deadpool is going straight to paperback from now on? Superquick?

Man, some of these omnibuses are going to wreck me (Whedon/Cassaday Complete Astonishing, Brubaker/Fraction Iron Fist).

HadjiQuest on
    edited March 2009
    What's all the biz with Dark Wolverine? Is Daken taking over the Wolverine book?

Edit: Oooh. The Mighty Avengers line-up:
    I like that Quicksilver and Wanda are on it. I much prefer it to pretending she's just not there, I guess, but I hope they don't just gloss over House of M. I still don't care what Bastard says, U.S. Agent is worthless and stupid and shouldn't be on the team!

The cover to New Avengers 54. Am I seeing things, or is Cap's shield shaped really weird?
    RUNAWAYS #11

Written by CLASSIFIED

Penciled by CLASSIFIED

Cover by CLASSIFIED

CLASSIFIED

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Oooh, a mystery.

And I'm not sure if I'm looking too much into it, but the Gambit Origins thing says he's one of the X-Men's biggest guns. He's not really on the team right now, is he? Just kind of dicking around in Legacy. Possibly means he's making a return?

Faynor on
    edited March 2009
    I just noticed this.
    MARVEL ADVENTURES THE AVENGERS #37
    Written by PAUL TOBIN
    Penciled by DAVID BALDEON
    Cover by DAVID WILLIAMS
    DOLL WINNER'S SQUAD: He's back, and now the Puppet Master's reach extends into the past, where he's controlling the All Winner's Squad into reshaping the "future world" of today into his own very personal utopia! But when Miss America, Golden Girl and the Blonde Phantom arrive from the 1940's to team up with today's Captain America and the rest of Avengers, it's a battle royale to decide the past, present and future fate of the world!
    32 PGS./All Ages ...$2.99

Repetitive, much? What the hell is with this Avengers time travel thing? Didn't they think that a year-long mini series was enough?

Faynor on
    edited March 2009
    Faynor wrote: »
    I just noticed this.
    MARVEL ADVENTURES THE AVENGERS #37
    Written by PAUL TOBIN
    Penciled by DAVID BALDEON
    Cover by DAVID WILLIAMS
    DOLL WINNER'S SQUAD: He's back, and now the Puppet Master's reach extends into the past, where he's controlling the All Winner's Squad into reshaping the "future world" of today into his own very personal utopia! But when Miss America, Golden Girl and the Blonde Phantom arrive from the 1940's to team up with today's Captain America and the rest of Avengers, it's a battle royale to decide the past, present and future fate of the world!
    32 PGS./All Ages ...$2.99
    Repetitive, much? What the hell is with this Avengers time travel thing? Didn't they think that a year-long mini series was enough?
    You can't really begin to compare Marvel Adventures with Avengers/Invaders.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Faynor you shut your mouth right now
    U.S. Agent is FANTASTIC

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Never complain about 1940s cheesecake.

Wildcat on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hmm... (scanning June hardcover and tpb releases),

IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN, UNCANNY X-MEN: LOVELORN, CAPTAIN BRITAIN AND MI13 VOL. 2: HELL COMES TO BIRMINGHAM, and DARK REIGN: DEADPOOL/THUNDERBOLTS

Maybe list: PATSY WALKER: HELLCAT, MS. MARVEL VOL. 6: ASCENSION, and IMMORTAL IRON FIST VOL. 4: THE MORTAL IRON FIST

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited March 2009
    USAgent is awesome. He saved the day in Maximum Security. And in Invaders he and Union Jack were badasses. And the cover to West Coast Avengers #102 is one of my all time favorite covers.

TexiKen on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What's all the biz with Dark Wolverine? Is Daken taking over the Wolverine book?

Yes.
    weenus wrote: »
    Re: X-Solicits and the X-Lady news
    I feel like it might be a mislead. With all the clone BS going on, I can't really expect this Phoenix to be the real deal. I think they might be misleading in the wording of the second solicit and possibly just referring to Psylocke since she is on the cover and all, and she would have a decent affect on someone like Warren. I know the PA forums are huge on Psylocke, but I've always thought she was pretty cool, writers just struggled to handle her correctly or give her enough to work with. Some of the old Gambit/Psylocke flirting was great though.

Psylocke/Scott flirting was a hell of a lot more interesting.
    Iroh wrote: »
    Ah, Gischler was the third guy after Hurwitz and Swierczynski. I really wish Charlie Huston got on board Punisher MAX. Stupid writing novels people and critics like.
    Oh man that is a great idea.

Of course it is. Shame is he won't say anything about it and Marvel won't say anything about who's going to write it after Gischler.

The MA #26 lineup is the same as the MA #25 lineup, when they're breaking into the Baxter Building. Another gem by Djurdjevic. But my favorite is still probably the one he did as a CW alternative cover (or was it What If? I think the latter).

Cap #600 will be great. "including a very special essay by Joe Simon"? Oh, lord. The man who taught Stan Lee about showmanship and got himself a half-page article in the Times after opining on Cap's new gun. I'm expecting gold.

Pet Avengers still looks awesome. I definitely want the handbook.

Crimsondude on
    edited March 2009

Edit: Oooh. The Mighty Avengers line-up:
    I like that Quicksilver and Wanda are on it. I much prefer it to pretending she's just not there, I guess, but I hope they don't just gloss over House of M. I still don't care what Bastard says, U.S. Agent is worthless and stupid and shouldn't be on the team!

The cover to New Avengers 54. Am I seeing things, or is Cap's shield shaped really weird?
    RUNAWAYS #11

Written by CLASSIFIED

Penciled by CLASSIFIED

Cover by CLASSIFIED

CLASSIFIED

32 PGS./Rated T+ ...$2.99

Oooh, a mystery.

And I'm not sure if I'm looking too much into it, but the Gambit Origins thing says he's one of the X-Men's biggest guns. He's not really on the team right now, is he? Just kind of dicking around in Legacy. Possibly means he's making a return?

I heard on Attack of the Show today that the new Runaways creative team is Kathryn Immonen and David Lafuente.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited March 2009
    LaFuente is on Ultimate Spider-Man v2 though. And the dude best be piling up issues so it can be on time, they can't drop the ball on the most punctual book in the last 8 years.

Kathryn Immonen, I could see that though. Beats Kyle & Yost.

TexiKen on
    edited March 2009
    Maybe it's another mini? He finished up Hellcat a couple months back and would've had time to bank some artwork for a 5-6 issue mini by now.

wwtMask on
    edited March 2009
    Hellcat was delayed though for a few months. Usually it's the artist.

From the December '08 sales charts (delayed in January because it didn't show up)

236. PATSY WALKER, HELLCAT
    07/08 Hellcat #1 of 5 - 19,679
    08/08 Hellcat #2 of 5 - 12,814 (-34.9%)
    09/08 Hellcat #3 of 5 - 12,213 ( -4.7%)
    10/08 —
    11/08 —
    12/08 Hellcat #4 of 5 - 8,627 (-29.4%)

TexiKen on
    edited March 2009
    Man, that doesn't speak well for Lafuente being able to keep up with the expected pace of USM.

wwtMask on
    edited March 2009
    Bendis will have to mess shit up. He doesn't really like late books, which is why he wanted Yu for Secret Invasion.

TexiKen on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Maybe I'm just crazy, but is anyone else still getting the Marvel preview solicitations at the full solicitation link? DC works fine, but Marvel doesn't seem to have updated for me.

werehippy on
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I was, I ended up googling it and finding a different listing. Seems like some people can read it fine though.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, I had to google to find the MA lineup. It made me happy.
    Not really sure why they felt the need for both pym and stature on the team, especially when they show pym on the cover as growing big, and stature normal sized.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
    edited March 2009
    Ha!

Tuesday, March 24th

Let’s take a quick statistical look at Marvel Comics’ June solicitations, shall we? I’m going just from the covers and ad copy here for the “definites,” and my own personal assumptions about an issue’s cast for the “maybes.”

Wolverine count: 19 definites, 3 maybes
    Dark Wolverine count: 2 definites, 3 maybes
    Skrullverine count: 2-in-1 (Skrull Kill Krew)
    Alternate Future-y Wolverine count: 1 (Fantastic Force)
    Rocket Raccoon count: 1

Dear Marvel,

Clearly, something has gone terribly wrong.

Crimsondude on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2009
    how bizarre is it that wolverine would be in so many books! it's like he's getting his own movie or something...

DJ Eebs on
    edited March 2009
    Nah. He just sucks.

But seriously. I need more Rocket Raccoon, and apparently so does he.

Crimsondude on
    edited March 2009
    Hey, so apparently it's not Lafuente on Runaways, it's Sara Pichelli. Lafuente's on covers.

wwtMask on
    edited March 2009
    Hmmm. pulling up her blog she has some quick sketches and then this, which looks wrong but it really isn't she just has weird perspective in it but I'm linking anyway:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fpMY9uEj8d4/SaLkgR-wb1I/AAAAAAAAB_g/FBiUiRSXIkk/s1600/bat-ivy.jpg

TexiKen on
    edited March 2009
    She was the artist on the recent NYX mini.

wwtMask on
    edited March 2009
    As long as Strain remains the colorist, she should be fine.

TexiKen on
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    how bizarre is it that wolverine would be in so many books! it's like he's getting his own movie or something...

How is this different from any other month?

Seriously, if a character is over-exposed to begin with, over-over-exposing said character isn't that big of a leap.

CoJoeTheLawyer on

CoJoe.png
    edited March 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Hmmm. pulling up her blog she has some quick sketches and then this, which looks wrong but it really isn't she just has weird perspective in it but I'm linking anyway:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fpMY9uEj8d4/SaLkgR-wb1I/AAAAAAAAB_g/FBiUiRSXIkk/s1600/bat-ivy.jpg

You can't just link images from blogspot. So this is rehosted from this post she made.
    141tw69.jpg

Crimsondude on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »

You can't just link images from blogspot. So this is rehosted from this post she made.
    141tw69.jpg

What the Fuck is that? I didn't really want to see it, but now I can't unsee it... :(

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
    edited March 2009
    Don't know. I just fixed his link.

Anyway, did anyone else notive JMS's Thor isn't solicited for June?

Crimsondude on
    edited March 2009
    The link had a sketch on the new Runaways artist' blog, and it was kind of....yeah.

Anyways, Thor won't come out because JMS probably has another movie to work on, and that always takes precedence over puny comics.

Marvel and DC always act like the people from other areas of entertainment treat comics seriously, they don't. Just admit it, and quit lying to readers. And have the balls to not have them mess up big name books schedule wise. It's called "the Heinberg effect"

TexiKen on