As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini-Phalla] -- The Care Bears Phalla -- Care Bear/Neutral Victory!

• simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Toxic Toys

simonwolf on
  • Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Toxic Toys punched a baby once.

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    OK, you all are some mean Bears. I'm going back to the Forest of Feelings.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Toxic Toys is outta here.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wee, I started a bandwagon! This is almost as fun as picking flowers and watching butterflies!

I will be beary sad though if Toxic does in fact care about us. Sorry possible-but-most-likely-fictitious Toxic Toys that cares about us, and so long more-probable-no-heart-meanie-head Toxic Toys that has no heart and is a meanie-head.

Sticks on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sticks wrote: »
    Wee, I started a bandwagon! This is almost as fun as picking flowers and watching butterflies!

I will be beary sad though if Toxic does in fact care about us. Sorry possible-but-most-likely-fictitious Toxic Toys that cares about us, and so long more-probable-no-heart-meanie-head Toxic Toys that has no heart and is a meanie-head.

Well you are going to be a bearry sad bear.

Toxic Toys on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

Do you want to tell us why we'll be sad?

hint hint

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He's previously claimed to be Proud Heart Cat, but not claimed a power or anything neat.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    edited March 2009
    In fact, I don't think the role claim matters at all, so, um, bye !Toxic Toys.

enlightenedbum on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Toxic Toys is clearly a beary bad man.

SaraLuna on
    edited March 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

Do you want to tell us why we'll be sad?

hint hint

Nope. The bandwagon is to big right now.

Toxic Toys on
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Toxic, I know it's just a formality at this point, but we'll miss you in Care-A-Lot ... unless you're evil ... then ew you stink go away now

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited March 2009
    Well it seems that TT 's death is inevitable.

So if he's not a baddy, who do we look at next.

I think it's better to have a game plan than have someone throw out a name in the morning and everyone pile on.

Malkor on
  • SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    But throwing a name out is so much more primally enjoyable, eh Malkor?

SpectralSpork on
    edited March 2009
    Well the only thing we really have to go on is the day 1 vote data...

Make of it what you will.

Sticks on
    edited March 2009
    Well I hope there are still good folks still behind the scenes workin' towards a better tomorrow.

I'm talkin' all folksy to inspire y'all.

Don't make me regret it.

I hope I survive the night.

Malkor on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Despite it all, Cheer Bear was upbeat. Bears and Cousins were coming together to solve the weird disappearance of True Heart. Yay! The Bears had caught and spiritually flagellated Sour Sam the Pie Man and No Heart himself. Double Yay! Sure, there had been losses along the way, but still! Things were good, right? Cheer practiced her most recent routine in front of the mirror.
    “Give me a ‘C’! Give me an ‘A’! Give me an ‘R’! Give me an ‘E’! What’s that spell?”
    And a voice behind her said: “Cold.”
    By the time another Bear came to look for her, Cheer was already dead drunk in Ibiza.

Funshine Bear surged forward, care-tanas gleaming wickedly in the starlight. He flowed like water, as loud as a shadow, as visible as still air. The exultation of the hunt was upon him, and he threw himself back into the fight. This one was quick. This one was… too quick. Care-tana rang against dagger again and again as Funshine was forced onto the defensive. Funshine Bear’s sword moved slower, now, his shoulders burning and his wrists like rubber. Finally, the dagger snaked out and Funshine couldn’t respond in time. The dagger seemed to take an hour to reach his chest, and it took Funshine the rest of his life to fall to the ground.

He knew he had one shot. He’d never been as big or as brave as Funshine, or as intuitive as Daydream, but he had one advantage over any of them. Tonight, he’d helped himself to one of Funshine’s crossbows. He sat in the shadows and waited, and as Champ Bear crept down the path, he let the bolt fly. He smiled in satisfaction as Champ’s fur got scragglier and scruffier, browner and mangier. Eventually the writhing stopped, and Beastly lay quiet on the ground. The Bear padded off into the night. His fellow Bears were around here somewhere, and they’d need his help.

A different Bear looked at the little penguin bathing in the moat of Care-a-lot. He didn’t know why Tenderheart had ever let the Bird into the castle in the first place. Damn thing wasn’t even a mammal. Well, Tenderheart had gotten what he deserved. They all had. Cozy Heart waved cheerfully at him. He waved back, and jumped into the water.
    A few minutes later, he crawled back out of the lake, licking his lips. Penguin always tasted so… fishy.

The few surviving Care Bears rallied in the courtyard at Care-a-lot. Harmony Bear pulled Hugs and Tugs towards her as Good Luck Bear, Surprise Bear, and Bedtime Bear hashed out the plan.
    “We’ll hit him from the north, see? We just need to get the drop on him and we can Stare him right down.”
    Bedtime Bear yawned and nodded. “Sure, sure. Ummm… what was the middle part, again?”
    The Bears were interrupted by a sudden burst of chatter from Hugs and Tugs.
    “Proud Heart! Proud Heart!”
    Luck, Surprise, Harmony, and Bedtime turned their heads toward the gate. There was Proud Heart Cat, waving and beckoning to be let in. Something was wrong, though. Proud Heart’s fur, usually a brilliant sky blue, looked… icy. Tiny crystals of ice were constantly forming and shattering in her fur, and a cloud of constantly falling snow surrounded her.
    Harmony figured it out first. “No Heart’s spell! It’s failing!”
    Indeed, even as Harmony spoke, the enchantment shattered and fell away. Professor Cold Heart stood revealed before the Bears.
    Little Timmy (flown in just for the occasion) piped up. “Who are you?”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0f130MJjKE

The Care Bears looked at each other. Good Luck Bear rolled his eyes and tapped the side of his head.
    “What an eccentric performance.”
    “Shhh,” said Bedtime Bear. “Five! Four! Three! Two! One! STARE!”

Sticks -- Cheer Bear -- Frozen-hearted
    Ultros -- Funshine Bear -- Met his Match
    pablo_price -- Beastly, aka Champ Bear -- Bolted
    Malkor -- Cozy Heart the Penguin -- Eaten by a Bear
    Toxic Toys -- Professor Cold Heart, aka Proud Heart the Cat -- Mob justice-d

GrimmyTOA on
    edited March 2009
    So, let's work this out:

I'm Share Bear. I could target someone once in the game and gain a one shot version of their power the next night. I targeted Ultros two nights ago, had a kill last night. And killed pablo last night. If I had known this was going to be the last night, I would have revealed before the narration. That's thrown me for a loop.

I'm going to posit that the baddies did not want Wildcat voted out day one and he won by a single vote. The people still alive that voted for Wildcat are:

SpectralSpork
    Romantic Undead
    Daius
    WildPanthA05

Which leaves:
    Me (I'm good, just killed a baddy) with votes on: Gandalf -> Toxic -> Frostmist -> Toxic
    simonwolf with votes on Sticks -> none recorded by me -> Frostmist -> Toxic
    Keika with votes on Darian -> simonwolf -> Frostmist -> Toxic
    Fiaryn with votes on Sticks -> Toxic -> Frostmist -> Toxic

Toxic won the day two vote as well, again by one vote. The problem here is that it was shenaniganed, and we can now reasonably safely assume that the baddies were behind that. So that doesn't help us.

Now we had bandwagons on day three and day four.

Toxic and Gandalf started the Frostmist bandwagon, followed by:
    Sticks, Spork, Daius, pablo, Fiaryn, Keika, myself, Pantha, Ultros, Loxx, simonwolf

Yesterday's was started by Sticks and Malkor, followed by:
    Fiaryn, Spork, Daius, simonwolf, Ultros64, Keika, myself, pablo, and Pantha

Order wise, Keika and myself are the most suspicious looking as joining the bandwagons late. Fiaryn joined the Toxic wagon third, so I'm going to rule him out for now. Leaving myself, simonwolf, and Keika.

Frankly, Keika is sneaky (I've been evil with her twice) and I think is acting reasonably similar to those games.

!Keika is my vote if no further information comes to light.

enlightenedbum on
    edited March 2009
    Annoyingly you argue against those I view as the most suspicious.

RNG for tonight came up as Keika, so perhaps fate?

SpectralSpork on
    edited March 2009
    I have been informed it's not for sure the final night, and that our noble host was mistaken. Now I can't bluff that I have a continuing kill though. :(

Anyway, logic still stands.

enlightenedbum on
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well as I told Ultros, I'm Good Luck Bear. I basically can't be killed by anything other than the vote. I'm willing to place my trust in Share Bear.

By the way Enlightened Bum, is that power of yours useable only once per game at all or once per person?

!Keika

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    edited March 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Well as I told Ultros, I'm Good Luck Bear. I basically can't be killed by anything other than the vote. I'm willing to place my trust in Share Bear.

By the way Enlightened Bum, is that power of yours useable only once per game at all or once per person?

!Keika

Once during the game, and then once I get it it's only one shot. It's highly limited, but I got the kill off at the right time.

enlightenedbum on
    edited March 2009
    Well poop. I was gonna suggest you copy my power for some guaranteed survival. Ah well.

Fiaryn on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Keika

As an aside, I'm going to be away from the internet for the next day or so (plane travel, moving into a new dorm and unpacking = joy) - if we end up winning the game with this night, I would just like to say thanks for an interesting third Phalla!

simonwolf on
    edited March 2009
    I have been informed it's not for sure the final night, and that our noble host was mistaken. Now I can't bluff that I have a continuing kill though. :(

Anyway, logic still stands.

Yeah, your noble host's a bit of an idiot. Sorry!

GrimmyTOA on
    edited March 2009
    oooOOOOooo
    In deth I still serve. I still caaaareee
    OOOooooOOO

Malkor on
    edited March 2009
    oooOOOooo

BE REAL CARING!

B! E! REAL CARING!

So glad I don't "have" to be peppy anymore.

oooOOOooo

Sticks on
  • Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My vote is on !Spectral Spork.

Why? Because I know Keika isn't a bad guy, that's why. And you leading a bandwagon on her smacks of bad guy desperation. It's over for you, Screechy.

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    My hat goes off to you Ultros, you did good.

As for the case of Spork versus Keika, I don't know. Romantic Undead has no reason to defend a bad guy because there shouldn't be more than one left, so that does raise a question as to Spork's motives. However I'd me more inclined to vote for !simonwolf, for being generally low key and also for doing the whole "Oh hey I'm away for the last day 'kay guys?" thing.
    But I dunno, maybe my senses are off. Anyone willing to speak up in his defense?

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited March 2009
    Daius wrote: »

It's the classic "bumbling good guy redeems himself just before the end". Good storytelling, that :P

Romantic Undead on
  • Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Daius wrote: »

It's the classic "bumbling good guy redeems himself just before the end". Good storytelling, that :P

o0o0o0o0o0

Vaguely reminiscent of my character from the Mega Man Phalla. Bumbling idiot does good! Hooray!

o0o0o0o0o0

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
    edited March 2009
    So new information has come to me via the glories of PMs, by several sources saying the same thing. So either they're all fooled, there are too many baddies left for it to matter, or !Keika is not evil.

!simonwolf is next on my list.

enlightenedbum on
    edited March 2009
    Allright, fine, !simonwolf for now, but I still think Spork should be on "the list"

Romantic Undead on
  • KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, at least we got that cleared up.

simonwolf is going down, unless he can give really convincing evidence to support his innocence.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
    edited March 2009
    !Simonwolf it is.

Fiaryn on
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !simonwolf you evil no good ... What time is it?

STARE TIME!

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited March 2009
    Bah, only if you're on the list more Romantic.

!Keika

!simonwolf

SpectralSpork on
    edited March 2009
    So, guys. I'm going out tonight, so we've got a bit of a conundrum. Tonight can end at 11pm as usual (automatically and potentially without my involvement), and I'll get the narration up and settled tomorrow morning. Alternately, if everyone's comfortable with things as they are, I can shut tonight's window early. Early would mean "within the next 25 minutes or so".

Basically, unless I hear a chorus of "end the day and let us know what happens!" in the next few minutes I'll leave the day to run out its normal course. I'm just giving you guys the option.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited March 2009
    "end the day and let us know what happens!"

Romantic Undead on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    End the day and let 'em know what happens!

Obbi on