As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Kingdoms of Phallacia - Day 4 (There is no Day 3)

• Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Damn, our plan backfired, Acid. :winky: No Seer was killed.

ghostbusters.jpg

Aroused Bull on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Also, a message for Shamus:

voteordie.jpg

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    That was actually a pretty decent plan, but fortunately it looks like the vigilante's itchy trigger finger worked out to our advantage.

I'm having trouble reading eaglelaser's status.

Smasher on
  • AcidSerraAcidSerra Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Pfft. I actually didn't have a plan, just glad to thin you're numbers.

AcidSerra on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    And Squashua, shut the hell up. You're dead, stop talking.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It's going to be awesome if we manage a good guy win in 2 days. I don't think I've ever seen even one monster killed in round one. Awesome.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Me too. Apart from the obvious... you know, dead.

I'd like an official seer/non-seer ruling before I chalk up the night as a great success of just a pretty good one.

Re the two dead bad guys: I'm not going to start celebrating before they're all dead. Visible was talking about balance before we got started -- I'm concerned that there may be more than the standard.

NOT THAT I'M DUMPING ON THE AWESOMENESS OF HAVING KILLED TWO OF THEM IN ONE NIGHT.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Me too. Apart from the obvious... you know, dead.

I'd like an official seer/non-seer ruling before I chalk up the night as a great success of just a pretty good one.
    When someone is executed, you will be informed as to whether they are a rogue councillor or not. You will not be explicitly informed if the victim is a special of another sort; however, clues in the narration may indicate their role.

Edit: I just realized that doesn't explicitly state that's true of all killings. But it is.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • NavocNavoc Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    That is quite surprising. I never would have expected two rogue councilors to draw so much attention to themselves on the first day. Also, that the vigilante would actually land a well-placed kill. This bodes well for us.

Also, while not perfectly clear, I think LCE was the seer.

Navoc on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    And Squashua, shut the hell up. You're dead, stop talking.

13ghostswr5.jpg

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, it seems so from VH's most recent post.

Ah well. Couldn't have been totally perfect, right?

GrimmyTOA on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shit, if P-Diddy is comin' at me, I'm definately voting this time around.

But I'll wait a bit to get a good judge of the situation.

Shamus on
    edited February 2007
    Alright, I'm off to eat dinner. If you have any questions or concerns, I'll deal with them later.

Have fun kids!

Awesomest Phalla Day 1 EVER

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Alright, I know there isn't much to go on in the narration for this, but many of the games we've been playing recently have involved a third group that has some win condition based on the bad guys losing. With VH's talk of balance issues, is it possible we've got something like that going on?
    Like in the Newphalla game, where the Hastur cult staked as innocent.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Lord Cecil EaglelaserLord Cecil Eaglelaser Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ooooOOoooOOOOoOoOOoOooOO

I just want to say before I'm totally dead, I'm loving the narration, keep up the good stuff VH.

And good luck killing the rest of these guys.

ooooOOoooOOOOoOoOOoOooOO

Lord Cecil Eaglelaser on
    edited February 2007
    I don't have time to go through all the votes at the moment, but I for one didn't vote for Squashua. He seemed a little too spastic to me to be a rogue. So much for intuition.

Psycho: that's possible, but it seems rather unlikely with only 17 people.

Smasher on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Shamus wrote: »
    Shit, if P-Diddy is comin' at me, I'm definately voting this time around.

I deleted/minimized my other comments, but...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO

I totally thought that was MC Hammer.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOO

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Well this should be easy.

Who didn't vote for Squashua?

In case anyone finds it of value, here's the voting record for Day 1 (An "(r)" signifies the vote was retracted, if it's not clear):

Smasher votes for Shamus
    SUPERSUGA votes for Smasher
    precisionk votes for DarkPrimus
    (r)Lord Cecil Eaglelaser votes for PsychoLarry1
    (r)thorgot votes for Cantide
    Cantide votes for PsychoLarry1
    (r)jdarksun votes for PsychoLarry1
    TehSpectre votes for Squashua
    Navoc votes for precisionk
    (r)PsychoLarry1 votes for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    (r)AcidSerra votes for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    DarkPrimus votes for PsychoLarry1
    (r)GrimmyTOA votes for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    (r)ArrBeeBee votes for PsychoLarry1
    (r)Abysmal Lynx votes for PsychoLarry1
    (r)Squashua votes for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    GrimmyTOA votes for Squashua
    (r)jdarksun votes for Squashua
    thorgot votes for Squashua
    PsychoLarry1 votes for Squashua
    Lord Cecil Eaglelaser votes for Squashua
    ArrBeeBee votes for Squashua
    AcidSerra votes for Squashua
    Abysmal Lynx votes for Squashua
    jdarksun votes for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    Squashua votes for AcidSerra

Navoc on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Two councilors down, wow. It is interesting to see that my suspicion about both both
    Squashua and AcidSerra where right in some way.

Okay, new theory from the Lynx. I think what happened is that Squashua and AcidSerra where on the rouge council and Squashua was to be their fall down man in the case that the other council members.

Now if AcidSerra proposed this and Squashua didn't like this, and the other rouges where on the fence with the idea, it would make sense for him to flip out and try to pin AcidSerra as a rouge councilor, because that way he would seem innocent if he took out AcidSerra and he wouldn't be targeted as the one to be taken out in a time of crises anymore.

Now to top of my little pet theory of wild accusations. I pin the councilors left over are either Shamus because he didn't vote, or

Mr. I defended Squashua here.

Now I wouldn't really trust this theory until more evidence pops up, because not even I really believe this stuff (though if I had a knife to my throat I would have to pin drsun as a rouge), I think in a few more days it will become evident if any of this is true.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    Good list, good analysis. Good stuff to mull over as I go to sleep.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    What I don't understand is why Squashua drew so much attention to himself in the first place. I can understand accusing AcidSerra, as when Squashua was proven guilty by staking, it would have given AcidSerra an escape from suspicion. Though this failed when she drew attention to herself afterwards, reacting suspiciously. Still, I can't fathom why they didn't both just lay low, neither one was the target of any suspicion until they did the whole PM thing, correct?

Navoc on
    edited February 2007
    Navoc wrote: »
    What I don't understand is why Squashua drew so much attention to himself in the first place. I can understand accusing AcidSerra, as when Squashua was proven guilty by staking, it would have given AcidSerra an escape from suspicion. Though this failed when she drew attention to herself afterwards, reacting suspiciously. Still, I can't fathom why they didn't both just lay low, neither one was the target of any suspicion until they did the whole PM thing, correct?
    Two possibilities spring to mind. Either psycho is right and there's two enemy groups, or they figured that if they waited until one of them was under suspicion the whole thing would seem less credible.

It does seem odd though, which worries me.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007

Squashua was probably trying to pull the insanity card. People like this try and act so obviously their part they hope it appears too obvious. It's thinking like yours that makes them think this will work.

In short, an evil councilor wouldn't say he was evil because people would think he was the councilor, so sense an evil councilor wouldn't say it the person who is claiming to be evil can't be evil.

Understand?

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Wow, what a crazy awesome read. I really wish I didn't have had to work today (especially since it SUCKED) and had been able to participate in all this.

Geez, we got two rogues already? That's an awesome start.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    Okay, new theory from the Lynx. I think what happened is that Squashua and AcidSerra where on the rouge council and Squashua was to be their fall down man in the case that the other council members.

Now if AcidSerra proposed this and Squashua didn't like this, and the other rouges where on the fence with the idea, it would make sense for him to flip out and try to pin AcidSerra as a rouge councilor, because that way he would seem innocent if he took out AcidSerra and he wouldn't be targeted as the one to be taken out in a time of crises anymore.

I didn't bother reading your speculation about who else might be rogue (because I'd like look the thread over again and come to my own conclusions), but that's certainly an interesting theory. What better way to draw suspicion from yourself than to rat out your partner?

Heh, of course, it only works if your partner doesn't know/can't retaliate. :P

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    Understand?

I suppose I wasn't as confused about their general actions, as their handling of said actions. It's very possible for the villains to hide in the open and avoid suspicion, I just was shocked at how quickly and successfully they drew massive attention to their antics. Usually they try to be more coherent in their madness.

Navoc on
    edited February 2007
    Obviously the solution to all our troubles is to raise taxes. Once we're all rolling in gold we'll simply hire people to do all this dirty work.

Aroused Bull on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Oh...just...wow. 2 evil deaths and the seer's death on day one? Am...am I reading this right? What are the odds? With the seer gone, it may be a little harder for us to find the last bad guy/s.
    I believe that this last round has proved Larry's innocence. He wasn't too defensive, and when he was, he was completely justified as there was no reason to truely stake him.

Jdarksun is acting a little strange.
    jdarksun wrote:
    In order to even the playing field a bit, I !retract my vote for PsychoLarry and I !vote for Squashua.
    Woah, woah guys. This is crazy. I did NOT want to get Squashua killed - I wanted to keep things close between PsychoLarry1 and Lord Cecil Eaglelaser. If you're retracting votes from someone OTHER than Larry or Eaglelaser, you're missing the point - a vote was retracted for Lord Cecil, so I retracted my vote for Larry.

This bandwagon thing is way out of control. Go back to voting for those other people. Kill Larry or 'laser.

Squashua can't be evil. His avatar and sig are dogs.

Also, let's look at the one cruel fact: Larry has claimed innocence. The only way we, the unwashed masses, to know for sure if he is or not is to kill him.

Aw, fuck it. The first day always ends in tragedy. Sorry Squashua.

In order to re-even the playing field a bit, I !retract my vote for Squashua and I !vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser.

Our good buddy here voted for Eaglelaser AND Squash, voting for Eagle 2x. Eagle died even though he didn't get the vote. Also, the whole "Who didn't vote for Squashua?" was kind of weird.....as if we wouldn't know he didn't end up voting for Squashua.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Understand?

I suppose I wasn't as confused about their general actions, as their handling of said actions. It's very possible for the villains to hide in the open and avoid suspicion, I just was shocked at how quickly and successfully they drew massive attention to their antics. Usually they try to be more coherent in their madness.

If my theory is correct, then AcidSerra screwed up by telling Squashua that he was their scapegoat, so Squashua freaked out and try to nip it in the bud.

Quite simply, this plan was for when the heat was on the other council members but Squashua didn't want be a part of it so he tried to get AcidSerra taken out, but it backfired.

If this is wrong I have no idea whats going on.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    If my theory is correct, then AcidSerra screwed up by telling Squashua that he was their scapegoat, so Squashua freaked out and try to nip it in the bud.

Quite simply, this plan was for when the heat was on the other council members but Squashua didn't want be a part of it so he tried to get AcidSerra taken out, but it backfired.

It's an interesting theory, but I don't think I'm inclined to agree, if only because the villains tend to be much more close-knit and cooperative. I've never heard of them acting against each other out of petty squabbles, though it is certainly possible. Mainly I disagree because it didn't seem Squashua was planning on pinning the note on AcidSerra. Until he was overwhelmingly decided to be staked, Squashua was avidly avoiding revealing the author. Once it was clear he was going to die anyways, they tried to clear AcidSerra's name, and obviously failed.

Navoc on
    edited February 2007

It's an interesting theory, but I don't think I'm inclined to agree, if only because the villains tend to be much more close-knit and cooperative. I've never heard of them acting against each other out of petty squabbles, though it is certainly possible. Mainly I disagree because it didn't seem Squashua was planning on pinning the note on AcidSerra. Until he was overwhelmingly decided to be staked, Squashua was avidly avoiding revealing the author. Once it was clear he was going to die anyways, they tried to clear AcidSerra's name, and obviously failed.

Good point, maybe it was a joke between evil councilors that just got out of hand.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »
    Obviously the solution to all our troubles is to raise taxes. Once we're all rolling in gold we'll simply hire people to do all this dirty work.

What, figuring out who the rogues are?

DarkPrimus on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Finally, why would the evil councilors vote for their own? That I had changed my vote slipped my mind at the time, but so be it - feel free to place me under my own suspicion if you really must.

From what I am getting out of the convo here......the group of rogues had formulated a plan incase suspicion fell on them, to use one of their own as to deflect attention from themselves. Squashua was to be the scapegoat and he didn't like that idea...so he started accusing and acting all weird in hopes that they would take it back.....this only fueled the motion to vote for him and he was taken out.
    Serra was so determined to get people against Squash....it was obvious s/he had an ulterior motive.

If thaty makes any sense at all. These rogues don't seem to be very together. The vigilante however, good show sir, good show.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Two councilors down, wow. It is interesting to see that my suspicion about both both

A rouge council certainly would be a change of pace...

Too bad about the seer though. I guess the vigilante (whoever he is and whatever his powers are) will have to pick targets carefully.

So vigilante, whoever you are: I wouldn't kill anybody for a while now that we've taken down the rogue:innocent ratio significantly.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    This could point to a couple things. May Larry's not innocent, which prompted the drama from Team Evil. Maybe GrimmyTOA knew Squashua was guilty - or maybe he just has really good instinct.

I might just hold off on deceiding until I know how Grimmy is voting.

I'm just going to point out here that if I was evil I might go along with a bandwagon on one of my teammates (to avoid suspicion) but I'd hardly start one. :D

I'm not sure how I'm going to vote yet. I'm sure that things will resolve themselves a bit further as the day goes on.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    thorgot wrote: »

A rouge council certainly would be a change of pace...

Too bad about the seer though. I guess the vigilante (whoever he is and whatever his powers are) will have to pick targets carefully.

So vigilante, whoever you are: I wouldn't kill anybody for a while now that we've taken down the rogue:innocent ratio significantly.

Have I been mixing up rouge and rogue? Man, maybe I should go to bed.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Yeah, or bopping people on the head and dragging them away. Either's good.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Yeah, or bopping people on the head and dragging them away. Either's good.

*Takes a large swig of vodka*

That sounds like rogue talk to me! *Hic*

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Squashua sent me the following PM earlier:

"
    Private Message: FW: [Phalla]
    Recipients: Abysmal Lynx, ArrBeeBee, Cantide
    Squashua
    Sweet Crispy Crap!

Today, 02:36 AM

AcidSerra wrote:
    That was fun.

*knife*

You die. now. \/\/()()7.

What I like about the new forums is that you can actually legit forward PMs. But only 3 at a time.
    "

It looks like he was just going down the list to send these. It's possible that he only sent them to villagers to try and convince them he was an innocent man. In other words, if only one or two people didn't receive this PM, then we've probably found our remaining rogues. So who other than myself, Lynx, and RBB got this message?

I must apologize for not being more active in the thread so far; I have been extremely busy this week. To give you some idea of what I mean by this, on Wednesday I worked until 7 in the morning. Today my VPN is not working, which means that despite the fact that I just returned home from a full shift + a few hours overtime, I must now return to the office and stay there until sometime tomorrow afternoon.

On the bright side, I expect this means I'll have plenty of chances to browse the forums in the upcoming hours.

Cantide on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Cantide: in case it helps,
    Recipients: SUPERSUGA, TehSpectre, thorgot
    Squashua
    Sweet Crispy Crap!

Yesterday, 09:38 PM

AcidSerra wrote:
    That was fun.

*knife*

You die. now. \/\/()()7.
    What I like about the forusm is the forward mechanism; but to only 3 at a time.
    I've spoilered the similar bit to keep space down.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg