As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Shotgun Sunrise Nominated For Best Multiplayer Mod Of The Year On ModDB!

• rvrv Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I tried my hand at it. No servers were up so there was no chance for me to connect.

Attempted to start a local game and crashed on Initializing Resources. WinXP SP3.

I'll definitely keep an eye on the thread to see when the kinks are worked out

rv on
    steam_sig.png
  • tehgilstehgils Is ruro/rurokenshin DetroitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think the game didn't like hl2: dm, as when i uninstalled that it works.

tehgils on
    FFXIV- Focke Wulf
  • ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm going to setup a dedicated server :D

I can't wait to play this!

Impersonator on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Slapdash wrote: »
    Hah! Even I'm getting CTD bugs when trying to join the servers out there. This is good, though, because at least the bug is reproducible.

For you guys crashing out still, try this:

1. Try to join a server from the in-game server browser. You'll crash.
    2. Start a local game, and there's a good chance you'll be re-connected to the server you just crashed out of.

For those who are getting dedicated servers set up, please share your methods for getting it started. We don't have an official guide yet.

Thanks for being patient with us!

I was able to join games earlier, but now whenever I try:

Joining from server browser
    Connecting via console

It crashes to desktop

Then, I tried creating my own game, it loads up all the way, I see a flash of the loaded map, and then it goes black and I get the windows explorer error dialog "hl2.exe had an error and needs to close" and it goes to desktop when I hit don't send.

Windows XP SP3 32-bit

Goose! on
    edited March 2009
    Dedicated server is up!

Rollerskatin' Zombies are everyone's best friends

IP - apparently I am a twat

edit: By the way, it would be great if anyone could connect to it and tell me how it is :)

Impersonator on
  • LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, its crashing on aything that I try, ill wait for a new version or if someone finds out a way to get by this. Ive done everything that has been said so far.

Lagnar on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Goose! wrote: »
    Slapdash wrote: »
    Hah! Even I'm getting CTD bugs when trying to join the servers out there. This is good, though, because at least the bug is reproducible.

For you guys crashing out still, try this:

1. Try to join a server from the in-game server browser. You'll crash.
    2. Start a local game, and there's a good chance you'll be re-connected to the server you just crashed out of.

For those who are getting dedicated servers set up, please share your methods for getting it started. We don't have an official guide yet.

Thanks for being patient with us!

I was able to join games earlier, but now whenever I try:

Joining from server browser
    Connecting via console

It crashes to desktop

Then, I tried creating my own game, it loads up all the way, I see a flash of the loaded map, and then it goes black and I get the windows explorer error dialog "hl2.exe had an error and needs to close" and it goes to desktop when I hit don't send.

Windows XP SP3 32-bit

botpd

Goose! on
  • Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dedicated server is up!

IP - 192.168.1.100:27015

edit: By the way, it would be great if anyone could connect to it and tell me how it is :)

Unless we're on your local network, we can't connect to that IP I'm afraid.

Mustachio Jones on
    edited March 2009
    Dedicated server is up!

Woops, what should I do? D:

Impersonator on
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Dedicated server is up!

IP - 192.168.1.100:27015

http://www.whatismyip.com/

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Slapdash, why don't you compile and eventually distribute some debug builds of your DLLs and just step through until you crash? Since you're crashing on load, it shouldn't take too long, right?

AlejandroDaJ on
    edited March 2009
    Dedicated server is up!

http://www.whatismyip.com/

Err, but I can't configure my IP, I simply create a dedicated server and bam, that's the IP it gets.

Impersonator on
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think he means, tell people your IP shown on that webpage and that will be the server's IP.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
    edited March 2009
    What, that doesn't make sense as I'm trying to make a server that anyone can see on server browser

Impersonator on
    edited March 2009
    I got the game running, joined a server with a few people in it, but the framerate was terrible and my ping was 700-1000.

Starting a local server and fiddled a bit, somebody joined and then left after a few seconds.

rv on
    steam_sig.png
  • RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I cant do it right now, but can someone do me a favor and try connecting with HDR turned off?

Remington on
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, and add :27015 to what that page shows. Me and boots and some german guy and some other people just played through a whole game, we used voice via the steam community chat, which worked alright. The game just started suddenly working for me, but I can't get back in right now.

What I played of it was magnificent :D The collision detection around the truck is a little wonky, but after a while I got it. We had some lag spikes, but overall it played fine. Problem mainly is is that half the time it doesn't work :/ I'll try removing HL2: DM, see if that helps.

EDIT: okay with HL2: DM removed and HDR turned off it still crashed if I tried to join from the server browser. I'll try to join from out of game now.
    EDIT2: also, a lot of people are chilling in the steam community chat.
    EDIT3: Joining through chat didn't work.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Someone invite me to the group. steam id is g0oseyourself

Goose! on
  • LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It seems I can host fine but I cannot join a server. IS SAD DAY! D:

LittleBoots on

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
    edited March 2009
    I can do nothing. It was fun while it lasted.

Goose! on
    edited March 2009
    So, my game crashes wether I create a local server or try to connect to a game via the server browser. Vista SP1 here.

Impersonator on
  • Winnie The PoohWinnie The Pooh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I couldn't chat while hosting?

edit: lots of CTD, xp sp2, finally got to host, can't connect to servers, but crashed when loading the second map when survivors died

Winnie The Pooh on
    edited March 2009
    I never play with HDR on since my computer is a little on the old side, so I doubt that would be an isolated issue for CTDs.

rv on
    steam_sig.png
  • SlapdashSlapdash Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    All the crash issues seem related. The dev team is going to run some tests tonight once we're out of work and the sun rises on LC's side of the planet. We may recruit some of you to help out if you're willing.

Slapdash on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tehgilstehgils Is ruro/rurokenshin DetroitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I got an error message.
    Could not load library client

tehgils on
    FFXIV- Focke Wulf
  • DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ok so I turned every setting on Low/Off and was able to join and create a server with no trouble.

DualEdge on
    edited March 2009
    I just played a round with DuelEdge and others, worked fine. No tweaking on my part had to be done.

Vista home basic

I have installed on steam:
    HL2, ep1, ep2
    L4D
    Portal
    Synergy
    TF2

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Extracted everything correctly, started it up, changed my video settings, tried to join the only server up right now and WHAM!

CTD.

Oh right, reading the rest of this topic, maybe I should put all my settings wayyyyyy down.

EDIT: Nope, set my resolution to the lowest possible, set all my graphic settings on low/off, and still no luck.

Looking forward to a fix, because this seems like a kick-ass mod.

Biosys on
  • GafferoGaffero Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just crashed to desktop as the truck was jumping the ravine; sorry if that was abrupt to the people playing on that server.

This game is all sorts of awesome; needs some refinement in that one cannot jump with the crates to scale small obstacles (such as the tracks at the the mine) and the fact that they can be tossed aside in combat (which should be a major no-no)

The guns need balancing; it'd be more satisfying if they did more damage, but the number of zombies would need to be upped. I'd also like to see more of the town used; the survivors and rescuers link up too soon in my opinion.

EDIT: I was missing textures (purple/black checkerboard) in the booze-room as well as on some windows. Not sure if it's on my end yet.

Gaffero on
    edited March 2009
    I'm really against making someone be stuck with the objectives. LC told me he removed collisions on the train tracks per my request but I guess he forgot that set.

Remington on
  • DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    http://everend.org/shotgun/ShotgunSunrise_VersionOne.rar <- Mirror.
    I am working on setting up a server as well.

DigitalSyn on
    Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, any information on setting up a dedicated server would be gladly appreciated as I really want people to enjoy this mod even though I am not that tech savvy

Impersonator on
  • WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    MrDelish wrote: »
    DualEdge wrote: »
    I just copied the SS folder into the source dedicated server folder and chose it from the drop down menu.

this seems to work

?

Woggle on
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    http://everend.org/shotgun/ShotgunSunrise_VersionOne.rar <- Mirror.
    I am working on setting up a server as well.

Grabbing through this link. I'll put it up on my dropbox for another mirror.

And I'm in the release notes! Sweet. :D

Congrats gentlemen. Be proud. Be very proud.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
    edited March 2009
    Gaffero wrote: »
    I just crashed to desktop as the truck was jumping the ravine; sorry if that was abrupt to the people playing on that server.

This game is all sorts of awesome; needs some refinement in that one cannot jump with the crates to scale small obstacles (such as the tracks at the the mine) and the fact that they can be tossed aside in combat (which should be a major no-no)

The guns need balancing; it'd be more satisfying if they did more damage, but the number of zombies would need to be upped. I'd also like to see more of the town used; the survivors and rescuers link up too soon in my opinion.

EDIT: I was missing textures (purple/black checkerboard) in the booze-room as well as on some windows. Not sure if it's on my end yet.

I disconnected from server at the same time. didn't CTD though.

Also, good work gents, had fun playing. Hi5.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Crashing at the first 3 bars when tying to connect.

Crashing at the last 1 or 2 bars when trying to create a local server (initializing resources).

WinXP SP2 / 32bit / 2gb RAM

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
    edited March 2009
    Do any of you guys happen to have obscene amounts of RAM?

Remington on
    edited March 2009
    like 5+ gigs

Remington on
    edited March 2009
    Nah, I only have 2.

Goose! on
    edited March 2009
    This message comes up at the game boot:

execing config.cfg
    Can't use cheat cvar dsp_dist_max in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar dsp_dist_min in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    Can't use cheat cvar r_ambientfraction in multiplayer, unless the server has sv_cheats set to 1.
    2 CPUs, Frequency: 2.7 Ghz, Features: GenuineIntel SSE SSE2 MMX RDTSC CMOV FCMOV
    GetAllManifestFiles: Unable to load maplist.txt
    execing valve.rc
    CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'background01'
    map load failed: background01 not found or invalid
    --- Missing Vgui material vgui/gfx/vgui/crosshair
    cpu speed 2666 MHz Intel
    2046 MB of system RAM
    cpu speed 2666 MHz Intel
    2046 MB of system RAM
    couldn't exec userconfig.cfg
    Host_WriteConfiguration: Wrote cfg/config.cfg
    couldn't exec userconfig.cfg