As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shotgun Sunrise Nominated For Best Multiplayer Mod Of The Year On ModDB!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Remington wrote: »
    like 5+ gigs

I only have 4 gigs.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    plehpleh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    A couple of things I noticed late last night while playing was that

1: You can apparently climb ladders while holding the ammo crate, which negates the requirement of jumping the truck over and then busting out

2: You can take the generator out before the electricity kills you so you don't have to bother with the two man switch

3: I couldn't figure out whether the booze barrel was giving me 125% health, mostly because my bandage meter showed no change and I couldn't find a way to "use" the booze

4: You can break into the brewery simply with your axe. It still blows up and kills you though.

Also, to whoever was asking about ammo earlier, there are a couple of mailboxes around the map. Pressing those will refill your ammo.

pleh on
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What's worked for me is loading SS up and connecting through the Steam sever browser.

A comment:
    Needs more zombies chasing us as we GTFO and the zombies should be Reaver-esque from Firefly. :winky:

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    pleh wrote: »
    A couple of things I noticed late last night while playing was that
    3: I couldn't figure out whether the booze barrel was giving me 125% health, mostly because my bandage meter showed no change and I couldn't find a way to "use" the booze

Me either from the truck, everyone else had 125%, but I couldn't tell if I was at it.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I am very impressed that you had the dedication to see this through to release!

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm very impressed that you guys are all trying so hard to play our game. It brings a tear to my eye.

We think we're on to something to fix the crashing. So hang tight guys and keep sending us all the info you can about it.

Remington on
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm thinking it may have been a problem with the passworded server I first attempted to join, as the others so far I've joined have worked fine, minus a few lag problems which when dedicated servers get sorted out will be no problem.

Kudos to you guys so damn much for this mod, the atmosphere when playing it with other PAers is awesome, and the Booze Reveal scene, which while pretty dramatic in the video, is even more dramatic with other players standing around murmuring 'Glorious....'.

All in all, congratulations on seeing this mod through to the end. It's got faults, but it's still pretty damn great.

Biosys on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It was fun the short time I played, though sometimes trying to join a server would give me a CTD while others it would work fine. Also when I tried to host my own server it instead joined someone else's, I don't know what was up with that.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    welp this was working this morning but now it crashes to desktop when i join/create a server. yessss

iowa on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Did my victory music make it in?

Because I'll be honest, that's one of my favorite pieces I've written, in all of its one minute of horribly over-the-top glory

Khavall on
  • Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Crashes on connect from the server. Also crashed on startup until I added the novid command.

details: crashes to desktop when trying to connect to passworded and non-passworded server.
    Causes crash in hl2.exe when attempting to create server

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just created a server and managed to connect to the main server, could talk and type to the others and do everything fine, only I couldn't see what I had written in text chat.

Then as I exited the truck after realizing my lag was not going to let me ramp it up, my connection froze and then the game crash.

Goose! on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    iowa wrote: »
    welp this was working this morning but now it crashes to desktop when i join/create a server. yessss

Ditto, I was going to try the connect-to-another-server-from-your-own method but now I can't even run my own

Dammit Source at least be consistent!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I crashed out of a server then tried to connect to it again and the game crashed. I then tried the create a game and then connect through the console trick (always works for me) and instead of creating my own game/server it connected me back to the server I crashed from

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
  • Options
    LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Edcrab wrote: »
    iowa wrote: »

Ditto, I was going to try the connect-to-another-server-from-your-own method but now I can't even run my own

Dammit Source at least be consistent!

I'm getting that too.

Lokiamis on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Khavall wrote: »

Because I'll be honest, that's one of my favorite pieces I've written, in all of its one minute of horribly over-the-top glory

I haven't seen anyone make it over the turbo ramp yet.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I made it over the first time I played!

EDIT: oh crap friends servers are down for maintenance, terrible timing valve!

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Woo, made it over.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    GafferoGaffero Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The double-barreled shotgun seems to be less useful than the pump shotgun; is there a balance/tradeoff that's less obvious? The Remington is nice, but lacks a wallop.

Team damage can hurt; there's nothing worse than playing Zombie tag and dying to a fusillade of friendly bullets. I guess that's part of the fun :) The pacing needs some work too; people have figured out the most efficient way to beat the level and aren't experimenting as much. But that has more to do with the maps; the gameplay so far is absolutely fabulous.

Gaffero on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Double barreled shotgun alt fire cuts zombies in half. Whether or not that's worth the trade off of the pump barrel is a personal choice.

pleh on
  • Options
    DualEdgeDualEdge Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zetx wrote: »

It's easier to turbo up the wall.

I started a dedicated server, tried to join it, and the game started crashing again. Then the DS crashed (though that was my fault).

DualEdge on
  • Options
    MiSTieOtakuMiSTieOtaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This was definitely a lot of fun. I could see this game becoming even better with more maps and more game modes. After being on the test map, I envision a sort of capture the flag thing where there are two teams with their own trucks, fighting over or stealing the parts so that one team can escape. Meanwhile, of course, the town is filled with zombies. Not that I'm asking for that or anything, just an idea for a game mode. :)

MiSTieOtaku on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    DualEdge wrote: »
    Zetx wrote: »

It's easier to turbo up the wall.

I started a dedicated server, tried to join it, and the game started crashing again. Then the DS crashed (though that was my fault).

I've turboed over the ramp before. What I can't seem to do successfully however is go over those regular ramps when grabbing the ammo crate.

pleh on
  • Options
    LaCabraLaCabra MelbourneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    turboing the ramp is not difficult if you line it up.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The game definitely needs a higher concentration of zombies. Preferably based on the number of players, and on whether they've got rescuer weapons or not.

I'd also suggest making the gulf between headshots and regular hits less drastic, on the revolver in particular. Especially if you increase the zombie count, they should die to two or three body hits from most of the guns.

Re: turbo ramp
    You need to line it up and also hit the turbo early enough so you get enough speed while in contact with the ground. Half the time people hit it on or right before the ramp, and it falls short miserably. One time, the truck landed with the back wheels hanging off the edge of the ramp and we had to push it back off. :lol:

After L4D, playing SS feels a little bit like this.
    :P
    090125.jpg

Woggle on
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, it's easy :)

Also, guys, I have a server going strong so join it! I've alt-tabbed the game and am in the group chat so you can get the IP through there ;-)

Impersonator on
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just got done playing a game on my friends server (Which alot of you folks joined too - Wedge's )

We finished the map. And it was good fun.

There really is a lot of promise here guys. The humour is nicely done (especially the moonshine part) and the map looked really good. I think once the shooting is tightened up a bit and the player models are little less rough around the edges it will be fantastic.

My only complaint is my voice didn't make it in. :P

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Woggle wrote: »
    The game definitely needs a higher concentration of zombies. Preferably based on the number of players, and on whether they've got rescuer weapons or not.

I'd also suggest making the gulf between headshots and regular hits less drastic, on the revolver in particular. Especially if you increase the zombie count, they should die to two or three body hits from most of the guns.

Re: turbo ramp
    You need to line it up and also hit the turbo early enough so you get enough speed while in contact with the ground. Half the time people hit it on or right before the ramp, and it falls short miserably. One time, the truck landed with the back wheels hanging off the edge of the ramp and we had to push it back off. :lol:

After L4D, playing SS feels a little bit like this.
    :P
    090125.jpg

Not enough cowboy, but I agree that the level seems a little empty. The thing is, it needs to be big and outstretched to manoeuver the truck around, but it makes the game seem empty when on foot.

I think it's more fun than Left 4 Dead:P

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And I'd really like for someone to make me a tutorial for making a Dedicated Server :P I wouldn't mind having a server running pretty much 24/7

Impersonator on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Afraid I'm also getting a CTD when trying to join the server. Stops at around the first 2-3 bars, whatever that might actually mean.

subedii on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I submit to you, lords of Shotgun, the body of my computer, so that you may test things on it if the need arises.

I'd like to help out in any way I possibly can on the side of bug stomping and testing for lack of my ability to art or code.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Me and Slap are doing some wild hardcore testing right now, just disabling shit to see if it caused the problem. This shit is whack.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I got on a server for a little bit. None of my chat showed up on screen. I got stuck in a cactus. I could not shoot anything because it was suddenly not where I was shooting at.

Good job to the truck driver, though, on getting me stuck in the cactus. :lol:

Edit: as a bonus, when I exited the game it crashed. And Aero was turned back on. Sweet.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hey guys. Right now Slap and LaCabra (and me if/when I'm needed) are working on getting this crash sorted out. We wanna squash it fast and it's our first priority.

I'm making mental notes of all your concerns and will bring them up once we get this worked out. We still have plenty of ideas we want to implement into the mod and some of the issues you guys have brought up have been on the table for some time, so don't worry.

But, the faster we get the bug fixed, the faster we can start updating with new content and fixes for the less apocalyptic bugs.

Remington on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah it was weird, I was crashing when I tried to join the one server, so I restarted the game and created my own server. And when it was done loading ti appeared that I had infact joined the server that was already made. Weird.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, that seems to happen for everybody. It's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of.

LaCabra on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It's God damned unbelievable is what it is. Since it CTDs during connect, is it possible when you restart the game it just continues where it left off?

Remington on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I know nothing about it, but it looks to me as if when you try to connect to a server and fail, there's a file somewhere with last known configuration or something, and when you try to make a server it remembers the IP you were trying to join and goes from there.

The above is completely out of my ass, by the way.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    GafferoGaffero Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    LaCabra wrote: »
    Yeah, that seems to happen for everybody. It's the weirdest thing I've ever heard of.
    Don't call it a bug; it's a feature wherein the game can detect just how badly you truly want to play:winky:

Gaffero on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Fucking moddb goons are raging. I hate them.

LaCabra on