As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] -- The Care Bears Phalla -- Care Bear/Neutral Victory!

• Options
    KeikaKeika Delectable tea, or deadly poison? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    "end the day and let us know what happens!"

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oOoOoOoOoOoOo

Yes, end the day and let them know what happened!

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

Gandalf_the_Crazed on
    PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    OOooOOooOOoo

Not sure if the dead are allowed to have a say, but... :P

It looks as though everyone has voted, and doesn't seem like things would change between now and normal close...

ooOOooOOooOO

Loxx on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I am cool with ending the day.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    Ultros64Ultros64 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    o0o0o0o00o0

End it!

o0o0oo0o0o0

Ultros64 on
    It doesn't matter what I say, as long as I sing with inflection
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Alright. I agree that nothing's likely to change between now and 11, so:

Vote closed.

Narration forthcoming.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Shreeky was cornered and she knew it. She was alone, now. She wished her uncle was here – or the creepy old professor. Even the fat baker, or… Beastly. Yes, even Beastly would be welcome company now. At least he’d absorb the first few hits. She removed her dagger from Share Bear’s back. The idea of slave-taking had fallen away over the last few days, as the fuzzy reapers had closed in. Now there was just survival. If she could pick off a few more of these meddling Bears, she might get out of here in one piece.

The padding of feet on cobbled stones caught her attention. Time to bag another Bear. She poked her head around the corner, and her stomach suddenly roiled in terror. Shreeky fumbled for her trusty mirror, the magic shield that had served her so well, but fear-trembling fingers failed her. The mirror slipped from her grasp and tumbled to the ground, where it shattered.

Shreeky stared at it mutely, and from up the street the battered remnant of the Care Bears Stared at her.

enlightenedbum -- Share Bear -- Stabbed in the back
    simonwolf -- Surprise Bear, aka Shreeky -- Finally run down

The Care Bears slumped down to the ground. No words were exchanged. Victory was theirs, at the cost of almost all their number. The needle on the Caring Meter moved back up to caring. Almost.

His revenge complete, Grumpy disappeared from Care-a-Lot, never to be seen again. Reports of unusually brutal Bear attacks along the Western seaboard of North America persisted for years. Few believed the few panicked survivors’ claims that a vicious, tiny, blue bear had been responsible for the maulings.

Victory to the Care Bears and to Grumpy.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    hi5

Ultros64 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Roles:

Bad Guys:
    Proud Heart – You’re not Proud Heart. Ha! Not even close! I’m sure it’ll still fool those Care Bears, but it won’t fool me. You’re none other than the dastardly Professor Cold Heart! Together with No Heart, Beastly, Shreeky, and Sour Sam, send me a PM once per day with the name of a Care Bear to ship off to No Heart’s castle. In addition, you can drain the caring right out of one Care Bear per day, removing him from the game. PM me your victim’s name and they’ll be headed Tijuana way by the next morning.

Birthday – You’re Birthday Bear! Wait… wait. No you aren’t! You’re No Heart! You’re sick and tired of your flunkies constantly failing you, and you’re taking things into your own claws. Together with your allies and stooges, PM me one Care Bear per day and they’ll be spirited away to your Castle to toil in the Hate Mines. Or something. As the wizard responsible for creating the disguises your team is wearing, you (naturally) made yours a bit better than anyone else’s. If someone tries to seer you, you will appear to be a normal Care Bear in every respect.

Surprise – Hey, Surprise Bear, how’s it going? Oh! You’re not Surprise Bear at all! Shreeky! How are you? Time to enslave some Care Bears! Together with your Uncle, Beastly, Cold Heart, and Sour Sam, send me a PM once per day with the name of a Care Bear to ship off to No Heart’s castle. Additionally, you have your magic mirror with you. The first time a Care Bear tries to use a power against you (or the Care Bears Stare at you), it’ll bounce off and hit another random (non-evil) player! Surprise!

Love-a-lot – My my my, aren’t you a portly little Care Bear? Wait a minute! You’re Sour Sam, the pie-selling evildoer! You’re hardly on the level of the rest of these villains, are you? Well, we can fix that – with villainy! Together with No Heart, Beastly, Cold Heart, and Shreeky, send me a PM once per day with the name of a Care Bear to ship off to No Heart’s castle. In addition, PM me the name of a player every night. He’ll be so busy eating your delicious pies that he’ll forget to use his power, if any.

Champ – You look like Champ Bear, but you aren’t him. I can tell. You’re scruffier. Beastly! I knew it! You’re No Heart and Shreeky’s main flunky. You’re pretty pathetic, though, and that makes the soft-hearted Care Bears reluctant to hurt you. You always start the night as having negative four votes against you. Together with your allies and bosses, PM me one Care Bear per day and they’ll be spirited away to No Heart’s Castle to toil in the Hate Mines. Or something.

Good Guys:
    Bedtime – You’re Bedtime Bear! It’s hard work being a Care Bear, and sometimes (okay, all of the time) you just want to take a nap. Occasionally your tiredness seems to be contagious. Once in the game, PM me somebody’s name. That person’s power (if he has one) won’t work that night, as they’ll be too busy napping to use it. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Friend – You’re Friend Bear! You’re a great friend, and you look out for your fellow Bears. Every day, you should PM me the name of another player. For that day, only the Care Bear Stare can hurt your friend. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Cheer – You’re Cheer Bear! Boy are you enthusiastic H-A-P-P-Y! You’re so enthusiastic that your vote counts for three. Sheesh. You’re making me tired just writing about you. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Funshine -- You’re Funshine Bear! You’re super friendly, like all of the Care Bears. You, however have a secret: Intense Ninja Training. Every night, PM me the name of a player you think is evil, and you’ll stick your care-tanas where the Fun don’t Shine. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Good Luck – You’re Good Luck Bear! You’re the luckiest Care Bear of all. If anyone tries to hurt you, they’ll have trouble doing it. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Wish – You’re Wish Bear, and your best friend is a star! Once in the game, you can wish on your star that a bear who left the game last night would start Caring again, or that they’d escape from No Heart’s Castle. It’ll probably happen! Maybe! It won’t help against somebody who’s been Care Bear Stared, though. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Baby Tugs – You’re Tugs! Your brother (sister, whatever) and best friend is Hugs. Hugs would never betray you, or Care-a-lot. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Baby Hugs – You’re Hugs! Your sister (brother, whatever) and best friend is Tugs. Tugs would never betray you, or Care-a-lot. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Daydream – You’re Daydream Bear! You don’t even know where you are right now, do you? Hey! Some people would say that you’re a good-for-nothing layabout, but sometimes your daydreams have a grain of truth to them. Every day, PM me the name of somebody you want to have a daydream about. If they’re bad, you’ll know. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Grams – You’re Grams Bear! You’re a nice old bear for the most part, but you’re also fiercely protective of Hugs and Tugs. If anyone ever hurts one of those baby bears… well, it won’t be pretty. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Harmony – You’re Harmony Bear! If you wish, you can pick somebody to harmonize with. On the first day, PM me the name of a player. You will be given information about their role, and instantly and irrevocably adopt their win condition (if it’s different than yours). You’ll still have to convince them to trust you, however! (I’ll inform them merely that they hear beautiful, harmonious music.) For now, you want to get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Tenderheart – You’re Tenderheart Bear! You really care about your fellow Care Bears. Really. A lot. A scary amount of caring. For every three good Care Bears who cease caring or are hurt, your vote counts for an extra one. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Share – You’re Share Bear! What’s mine is yours and what’s yours is mine. Once in the game, PM me the name of a player. You will receive a one-use only version of that power, to use the next night. Yay for sharing! Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Brave Heart – You’re Brave Heart the Lion! Once per night, PM me the name of a player. If that player would be hurt or otherwise removed from the game that night, you will take the hit (and be removed) in his stead. Hooray for self-sacrifice! Hooray for bravery! Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Bright Heart – You’re Bright Heart the brainy raccoon! You’re much more observant than the rest of these (wonderful, lovely) fluffheads, and you can use this to your advantage. Once per game, PM me the name of a player. If he uses a power that night, you’ll notice, and you’ll even see what type of power it was. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Cozy Heart – You’re Cozy Heart the penguin! Did you know that you’re the only non-mammal in the Care Bear family? Also, everyone loves you. Nobody would ever Stare at you. You’re totally immune to the vote, and if you ever win it, the first person who voted for you will get Stared at instead, regardless of who is in second place. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Gentle Heart – You’re Gentle Heart the lamb! How about that? You taste delicious with mint sauce, and… I’m sorry. I meant to say that you’re phenomenally gentle. You’ve become really close friends with Playful Heart, and you know that he’d never betray you, or Care-a-Lot. Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Playful Heart – You’re Playful Heart the monkey! You’re a bit of a loon, to be honest, but you can see that there’s a problem here that needs to be dealt with. You’ve taken Gentle Heart under your wing (so to speak) and you know that she’ll never betray you, or Care-a-Lot. On the other hand, you can sacrifice her to protect yourself from negative effects. This is an on/off power. I assume that you’re not going to do it unless you tell me to change that status. Once you turn it on, it stays on until you tell me otherwise. Don’t tell Gentle Heart, you cheeky monkey! Get the bad guys out of Care-a-lot and get the Caring Meter back up where it should be!

Grumpy
    Grumpy – You’re Grumpy Bear, and you’ve finally had enough. The cutesiness has gotten to you. To hell with Care-a-lot, to hell with No Heart. To hell with the lot of them. It’s time to show everyone how Grumpy does it. PM me one name per night to be torn apart with your razor-sharp claws. You win if you survive until the last night, and Tenderheart, Daydream, and Grams Bear are all dead, as is No Heart. Those guys are jerks. You’re more resilient than other Care Bears, and you’ll have a chance to dodge any power used against you.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And now I need to run. I'll be back to chat later on (though it might be tomorrow).

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    And they all cared happily ever after.

The End.

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hooray! Except the whole getting stabbed in the back thing.

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Hooray we saved Care-a-Lot! Got Team!! :P

For anyone who's interested here's our proboard.

Keika on
    "My fancies are fireflies / Specks of living light / twinkling in the dark." ~Rabindranath Tagore
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Obviously Keika and I should just be on a proboard together in every game and we'll win everytime! :P

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I was really hoping someone would lead a village vote against me.

But alas it wasn't to be!!

I was Cozy

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Obviously Keika and I should just be on a proboard together in every game and we'll win everytime! :P

As long as you don't go assuming I'm evil and try to get me voted off before then. :rotate: I nearly had a heart attack this morning.

Keika on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Man, I had some god awful vig luck this game. But I think it worked out ok in the end.

Ultros64 on
  • Options
    LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hooray for Care-a-Lot! :D

Also, Ultros, you owe me some cake now. :P

Loxx on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Keika wrote: »

As long as you don't go assuming I'm evil and try to get me voted off before then. :rotate: I nearly had a heart attack this morning.

There wasn't a whole lot to distinguish between the two of you from votes!

enlightenedbum on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man what a victory, wahoo!

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Me too, Malkor. Me too. It was only later that I realized that I should have made you a village idiot with a twist -- but it was far too late by then.

Any thoughts, balance-wise? I thought that the fact that the villains more or less outed themselves on day one was nicely balanced out by the Ultros Factor. Beyond that? This was my first Phalla, so I really want to improve.

(Posted en route to dinner, so please excuse any typos or incoherency.)

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Keika wrote: »

There wasn't a whole lot to distinguish between the two of you from votes!

I know, but we were planning on contacting you this morning if Ultros died and before I had the chance you were already on the warpath.

It was really funny actually. I was all proud that I wasn't staying up late for close and was going to get a full night of sleep... and then, POW! I should have stayed up. :P

Keika on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You all got damn lucky with War day one. He was our heaviest hitter and we had to try to save him.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I found it amusing that I guarded Ultros on the night he stabbed me in the back.

QQ

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Fuck yeah, Grumpy Bear!

Just so you guys know, I never actively targetted the Care Bears I needed dead, because they all got killed anyway. So for the most part, I was mostly a normal vig. A normal vig who, by the end of the game, had missed THREE FUCKING KILLS.

Also I started the Simonwolf bandwagon so I take full credit for this victory you fuzzy little pacifist scumbags.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ok, so what the hell happened? How did I die, and why wasn't I guarded? Why didn't Toxic hit the vote?

Also, it's pretty awesome how 2 of the 3 people I named (Toxic, Simon, Frostmist) turned out to be evil. :)

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I found it amusing that I guarded Ultros on the night he stabbed me in the back.

QQ

That was my fault.

I was reading through the thread on day 2 when the vote was going against Toxic. Then Toxic voted for Simon. And almost immediately, you voted for Simon.

That triggered my brain and I thought that Toxic was evil, and that your vote came so close after that you were evil.

Oddly enough, both Toxic and Simon were evil.

I told/asked Ultros to take you out when Toxic won the vote. I was considering changing my mind and asking him to take out simon on the same night to take care of the top two vote getters.

But I didn't get that suggestion to Ultros in enough time to have it changed.

So yeah, that was my bad.

That being said...

How the hell did I die?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    SpectralSporkSpectralSpork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Truth be told I suspected Daius throughout most of the game, guess I was semi-right?

Also, I was Bedtime Bear for those Ultros the Kimely never told.

SpectralSpork on
  • Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Ok, so what the hell happened? How did I die, and why wasn't I guarded? Why didn't Toxic hit the vote?

Also, it's pretty awesome how 2 of the 3 people I named (Toxic, Simon, Frostmist) turned out to be evil. :)

You died because Ultros vigg'd me. Blame him! :P

Astraphobia on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    LOL

I love the fact that Kime gets all the credit for being a bad vig.... when Frostmist was actually decidedly worse than kime was.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Truth be told I suspected Daius throughout most of the game, guess I was semi-right?

Also, I was Bedtime Bear for those Ultros the Kimely never told.

Suspecting me wouldn't have been all that great, I couldn't ever have really been able to actively help the evils.

Also, you would have died tonight if I hadn't been playing TF2 when the day abruptly ended. Count yourself lucky.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yay us!

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I log in from the terrible free wireless in Hong Kong and this is the news I get?

Oh well. I am surprised I lived as long as I did, in this one! A good game all around.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Why didn't Toxic hit the vote?

That would be Stick's fault. We were trying to take simonwolf out and Stick's special ability was that his vote counted as 3.... so technically simon ate the vote that night, but used Shreeky's mirror to redirect it to ahava.

Here's what gave it away in narration that night...
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »
    Surprise bear cowered under the combined might of the Care Bears’ disdain. A glint of light flashed in his hand as the power of the Stare arced towards him, and the multicoloured light was twisted and bent in mid-air.
    Before the screaming starts -- Toxic Toys is not Surprise Bear. There was a double-power-wacko-whammy tonight, that changed some stuff around.

Keika on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    LOL

I love the fact that Kime gets all the credit for being a bad vig.... when Frostmist was actually decidedly worse than kime was.
    :P I know, I know! People are so mean to me! It was really amusing watching all the kime references as he hit good special after good special! I really actually wasn't that bad of a vig, but no one will ever forgive me :(.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Poor kimey.

Yeah, Frostmist was deadlier than you as a vig. you at least managed to find a monkey. Frostmist as Peter Pevensey was just plain deadly. Deadly.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Grumpy had to kill me to win. And he did. :(

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    kime wrote: »
    LOL

:P I know, I know! People are so mean to me! It was really amusing watching all the kime references as he hit good special after good special! I really actually wasn't that bad of a vig, but no one will ever forgive me :(.

Ultros was an incredible vigilante. For me. I could barely (I actually typed bearly by accident -- I hope that little habit isn't permanent) breathe when he sent in his second kill, with the addendum that he hoped it went better than the first one.

Man. I still smile when I think about that. He certainly pulled it together after the second night, though. Bad luck happens to everyone, right?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Good game. I'm not sure if I interpreted it right, but for most of the game I just sat around being assured of my invulnerability. I'd guessed only the vote could kill me.

Go go gadget Good Luck Bear.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    Good game. I'm not sure if I interpreted it right, but for most of the game I just sat around being assured of my invulnerability. I'd guessed only the vote could kill me.

Go go gadget Good Luck Bear.

Not quite. For you, I flipped a coin. Good Luck Bear demands that certain forms be followed, after all.

GrimmyTOA on