As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Kingdoms of Phallacia - Day 4 (There is no Day 3)

• TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Private Message: FW: [Phalla]
    Recipients: SUPERSUGA, TehSpectre, thorgot

Squashua
    Sweet Crispy Crap!

Yesterday, 08:38 PM
    AcidSerra wrote:
    That was fun.

*knife*

You die. now. \/\/()()7.

What I like about the forusm is the forward mechanism; but to only 3 at a time.

Wii Code: 8980 7585 1015 3348 - Please PM me if you add me. |

There is my PM, if it helps.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My PM said "Recipients: DarkPrimus, GrimmyTOA, jdarksun"

It was sent at 8:37 PM (CST), by the bye.

DarkPrimus on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    My PM said "Recipients: DarkPrimus, GrimmyTOA, jdarksun"

It was sent at 8:37 PM (CST), by the bye.

Mine was sent at 8:38 CST.

One more new PM and we've got 12 out of 14 people. Which leaves 2 rogue councillors.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Private Message: FW: [Phalla]
    Recipients: PsychoLarry1, Shamus, Smasher
    Squashua
    Sweet Crispy Crap!

Today, 06:38 PM

AcidSerra wrote:
    That was fun.

*knife*

You die. now. \/\/()()7.
    What I like about the forusm is the forward mechanism; but to only 3 at time.

Smasher on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well if this all true it craps all over my theory and makes this a very short game.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Abysmal Lynx, ArrBeeBee, Cantide
    DarkPrimus, GrimmyTOA, jdarksun
    PsychoLarry1, Shamus, Smasher
    SUPERSUGA, TehSpectre, thorgot

That leaves precisionk and Navoc.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    I see four missing, aside from himself. One is Acidserra (dead), which fits your theory. The other three are Eaglelaser (dead), navok, and precisionk, who are all next to each other and fit into the pattern perfectly. I'm not sure what to make of that.

Smasher on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well, let's at least give them a few hours to see our messages and respond. They could be in bed or something.

DarkPrimus on
  • NavocNavoc Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The recipients of my PM were: Lord Cecil Eaglelaser, Navoc, precisionk.

Navoc on
    edited February 2007
    Hrm. I need to make another list.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Ok, here is another little list of clues and thoughts I have right now:

PsychoLarry1 is probably innocent at this point, but I am still would reccommend watching him closely, and early vote overturn could easily curb suspicions far a while and give him time to set himself up as a pillar of the innocent guys.

Jdarksun is acting a little strange.
    jdarksun wrote:
    In order to even the playing field a bit, I !retract my vote for PsychoLarry and I !vote for Squashua.
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Woah, woah guys. This is crazy. I did NOT want to get Squashua killed - I wanted to keep things close between PsychoLarry1 and Lord Cecil Eaglelaser. If you're retracting votes from someone OTHER than Larry or Eaglelaser, you're missing the point - a vote was retracted for Lord Cecil, so I retracted my vote for Larry.

This bandwagon thing is way out of control. Go back to voting for those other people. Kill Larry or 'laser.

Squashua can't be evil. His avatar and sig are dogs.

Also, let's look at the one cruel fact: Larry has claimed innocence. The only way we, the unwashed masses, to know for sure if he is or not is to kill him.

Aw, fuck it. The first day always ends in tragedy. Sorry Squashua.

In order to re-even the playing field a bit, I !retract my vote for Squashua and I !vote for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser.

Well this should be easy.

Who didn't vote for Squashua?

Our good buddy here voted for Eaglelaser AND Squash, voting for Eagle 2x. Eagle died even though he didn't get the vote. Also, the whole "Who didn't vote for Squashua?" was kind of weird.....as if we wouldn't know he didn't end up voting for Squashua.[/quote]

Abysmal Lynx has come up with a far-fetched, but possible idea of a dissention in the rogue ranks. Don't know how I feel about him one way or the other yet.

Shamus is acting a little fishy.
    Round one
    Shamus wrote:
    Shit is happenin' fast. I'm gonna wait on casting my vote, rather then base it on a letter of the alphabet. ;p
    Round two
    Shamus wrote:
    Shit, if P-Diddy is comin' at me, I'm definately voting this time around.
    But I'll wait a bit to get a good judge of the situation.
    Looks like he is laying lower than everyone else, or is just choosing not to participate very much; either way I think he may need to be the next one to be staked.

Navoc has been pretty helpful with a nice list:
    Navoc wrote:
    In case anyone finds it of value, here's the voting record for Day 1 (An "(r)" signifies the vote was retracted, if it's not clear):

Smasher votes for Shamus
    SUPERSUGA votes for Smasher
    precisionk votes for DarkPrimus
    (r)Lord Cecil Eaglelaser votes for PsychoLarry1
    (r)thorgot votes for Cantide
    Cantide votes for PsychoLarry1
    (r)jdarksun votes for PsychoLarry1
    TehSpectre votes for Squashua
    Navoc votes for precisionk
    (r)PsychoLarry1 votes for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    (r)AcidSerra votes for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    DarkPrimus votes for PsychoLarry1
    (r)GrimmyTOA votes for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    (r)ArrBeeBee votes for PsychoLarry1
    (r)Abysmal Lynx votes for PsychoLarry1
    (r)Squashua votes for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    GrimmyTOA votes for Squashua
    (r)jdarksun votes for Squashua
    thorgot votes for Squashua
    PsychoLarry1 votes for Squashua
    Lord Cecil Eaglelaser votes for Squashua
    ArrBeeBee votes for Squashua
    AcidSerra votes for Squashua
    Abysmal Lynx votes for Squashua
    jdarksun votes for Lord Cecil Eaglelaser
    Squashua votes for AcidSerra
    Though he is a little fishy, if only because he was in the last group to post the PM from Squashua.

GrimmyTOA still hasn't committed himself to much at all this round, or last round.

Thorgot hasn't done much either round.

Smasher has proven himself to be a natural leader for the innocents as he has posted reasonings and all around helpful posts. Don't know how I feel about him yet.

Precisionk has acted weird last round and been completely silent this round so far. He is always suspicious.

Cantide came up with the whole PM-guilt idea...thing:
    Cantide wrote:
    It looks like he was just going down the list to send these. It's possible that he only sent them to villagers to try and convince them he was an innocent man. In other words, if only one or two people didn't receive this PM, then we've probably found our remaining rogues. So who other than myself, Lynx, and RBB got this message?
    Though earlier in the game he pointed out that he is due for a turn in the monster role, as well as stalwartly defending his quietness before anyone had a chance to accuse him. Hrm.

ArrBeeBee quickly helped add to the bandwagon on Squashua and hasn't done much else.

I, TehSpectre have been making lists and such, but trying to not be too annoying between them. I am keeping an eye on this dude.

DarkPrimus got a little bit defensive after being accused of lying early on and has been a yes man ever since.

SUPERSUGA hasn't said much of anything aside from his vote. Lying extremely low it seems.

I think I got everyone there. If I missed something, feel free to be mean to me and accuse me of withholding prudent information. ;P

-Edited for missing bolding and a messed up quote tag.-

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Comeon now guys, I need some company!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Though earlier in the game he pointed out that he is due for a turn in the monster role, as well as stalwartly defending his quietness before anyone had a chance to accuse him. Hrm.

In my defense, I was accused by Thorgot before my first post. And I typically get accused specifically of being too quiet in every game, so I thought I might as well cut out the middleman.

And as always, I encourage anyone who thinks I'm suspicous to vote for me. I'd rather have people voting for me because they honestly think I'm a monster than just voting for whatever bandwagons are currently running.

Cantide on
    edited February 2007
    True, it may have been brought up by Thorgot first, but you actively admitted it. I just wouldn't openly point that out myself, at worst, I would give a curt "Pfft" and ignore the vote.

From the few of these I have read and participated in, one doesn't defend themselves until something has happened.

Just kinda strange.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Heh, I "quickly helped add to the bandwagon for Squashua". If I hadn't, I would have "determinedly held off from voting for a monster".

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    ArrBeeBee wrote: »
    Heh, I "quickly helped add to the bandwagon for Squashua". If I hadn't, I would have "determinedly held off from voting for a monster".

True, but remember that it was day one and we really didn't have much to go on before that bandwagon took off, other than Squashua acting Precisionk-esque...actually that was a decent reason to vote for him. Meh, I stick to my guns!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I just thought it was funny.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    I mean...I laughed.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm going to be more vocal now that it's the weekend, seemed I missed one hell of a party last night. When ODAM do a Phalla we do a Phalla to remember.

This PM stuff is interesting... but it seems a bit easy. Are there any holes in this plan? I can confirm that the three recipients of the PM sent to me are correct but do we have supporting evidence for the other two batches besides the word of our fellow councillors?

Maybe in a last ditch attempt to gain some ground for the rogues Squashua has set up two innocents. It all just seems a little too convenient, so let's not take it as infaliable evidence.

SUPERSUGA on
    edited February 2007
    Posting is good. While saying he may have set 2 innocents up is nice n all, I am still looking at the argument that he was betrayed by his fellow baddies and was doing anything he could to save himself, especially sell out Acid....why would he have wanted to help them out?

Also, all "evidence" in this so far is infaliable at this point. The whole PM idea was somewhat shakey from the start. We need someone to start posting shifty eyes and rubbing their sweaty hands together.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Good morning everyone. Is it a bit sad that I dragged myself out of bed, walked over to my computer, and started catching up on the goings-on in the Kingdom? Perhaps. :|

Ah well. Ill get breakfast sooner or later.

Alright. I can confirm that DarkPrimus and Jdarksun got Squashua's PM at the same time as I did, and that it went like all the others. It seems like the PM theory has more or less been abandoned, of course, but I thought my confirmation was worth putting out there.

Other than that, I'm still not sure who's what. Day two is still early going, and our early success may be troublesome in the long run. If LCE was really our seer, that's bad. What also might be bad is that if we significantly thinned the traitorious ranks, there will be less of a pattern to go on. If there's only one traitor, he can just lie low, vote for the bandwagon, and start picking people off. He doesn't have to leap to his compatriots' defense at all.

This is going to make it harder to sniff him out, especially if we really are operating without a seer.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    Indeed. It'll be harder to notice someone stepping out of line now. I predict a healthy portion of paranoia tonight.

SUPERSUGA on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »

Shamus is acting a little fishy.
    Round one
    Shamus wrote:
    Shit is happenin' fast. I'm gonna wait on casting my vote, rather then base it on a letter of the alphabet. ;p
    Round two
    Shamus wrote:
    Shit, if P-Diddy is comin' at me, I'm definately voting this time around.
    But I'll wait a bit to get a good judge of the situation.
    Looks like he is laying lower than everyone else, or is just choosing not to participate very much; either way I think he may need to be the next one to be staked.

Staking me is a waste, solely based on the fact that I poked fun at my first accuser for choosing the letter "S" as his reasoning for me to die, or that I responded to the fear of Sean Combs. At least come up with a reason like "Shamus is nefarious and started cancer!"

I think the last rogue has it made, right now..we're all pointing figures at each other, while he or she is playing us like a fiddle.

Shamus on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Maths
    I agree that we definitely have a great chance of winning, but I don't think we should take it for granted. Math is helpful for predicting our chances, but it can't take into account something terrible like the rogue lucking out and getting the vigilante and/or the guardian on a guess. And what happens if we end up reduced to new players and people that barely participate? They'll be picked apart by the rogue most likely.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited February 2007
    People who voted for Squashua when it was clear he was dead:
    • AcidSerra (rogue)
    • Abysmal Lynx

People who did not vote for Squashua
    • Cantide
    • jdarksun(voted then took it back)
    • DarkPrimus
    • Navoc
    • precisionk
    • Shamus
    • Smasher
    • Squashua (rogue)

People who did vote for Squashua at a critical time
    • TehSpectre
    • GrimmyTOA
    • jdarksun (took it back)
    • thorgot
    • PsychoLarry1
    • Lord Cecil Eaglelaser (innocent)
    • ArrBeeBee

Hmm and I just noticed this gem from jdarksun right at the pivotal moment in the bandwagon against Squashua:
    Woah, woah guys. This is crazy. I did NOT want to get Squashua killed - I wanted to keep things close between PsychoLarry1 and Lord Cecil Eaglelaser. If you're retracting votes from someone OTHER than Larry or Eaglelaser, you're missing the point - a vote was retracted for Lord Cecil, so I retracted my vote for Larry.

This bandwagon thing is way out of control. Go back to voting for those other people. Kill Larry or 'laser.
    Keeping the vote close is good for the rogues, because then they can easily influence the vote at the last minute.

To me, he is the most suspicious person right now. I !vote for jdarksun

There are 14 of us left, so there is a 1/14 chance if we choose at random. But assuming the people who were instrumental in bandwagoning Squashua are innocent, it's more like 1/9.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    No he's right, there were 17 of us and 3 are dead, so we have 14 players left.
    edit: Unless you're discounting the 2 specials and (at most) 2 rogues, then yes we have 11 innocents left.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited February 2007
    I think we wind up with the best odds if the vigilante kills through Monday, and then we just revert to voting.

How does the vigilante killing people at (basically) random help us? Maybe I'm inept at math, but it seems that the vigilante would actually hurt our chances. Unless they're extremely good at spotting suspicious behavior, they would have about as little to go on as the rest of us.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems that it would be in our best interest for the vigilante to only use their ability if they are relatively certain about their target. Otherwise, they are pretty likely to kill an innocent, which only helps out the rogue councilor/s, and speeds up the rate at which innocents are dying.

Navoc on
    edited February 2007
    Wow, I really can't count.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Here is a PM I received, not sure if anyone else received it. It was from Squashua.

Squashua wrote:
    AcidSerra wrote:
    That was fun.

*knife*

You die. now. \/\/()()7.

What I like about the forums is the new forward mechanism, but to only 3 at a time.

This was sent to myself, Lord Cecil and Navoc. Why I was sent this, I have no clue, since I never even talked to him.

So seeing as I am innocent, I am concluding Navoc might be a rogue. Unless something can be explained.

I !vote for Navoc.

precisionk on
    edited February 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    *snip*

So, I take it you haven't been reading the thread?

Navoc on
    edited February 2007
    Even though you obviously haven't read the thread, how does that reasoning even make sense?

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    Here is a PM I received, not sure if anyone else received it. It was from Squashua.

Squashua wrote:
    AcidSerra wrote:
    That was fun.

*knife*

You die. now. \/\/()()7.

What I like about the forums is the new forward mechanism, but to only 3 at a time.

This was sent to myself, Lord Cecil and Navoc. Why I was sent this, I have no clue, since I never even talked to him.

So seeing as I am innocent, I am concluding Navoc might be a rogue. Unless something can be explained.

I !vote for Navoc.

Please explain how you came to the conclusion Navoc is the rogue. Also, I'm really starting think Shamus is innocent.

EDIT: Just removed a typo

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for Precisionk as it is apprent he is ignoring the rest of the thread and voting for no real reason what so ever.

My vote could easily be swayed to jdarksun however, as he has the most evidence against him at this point. It just annoys me when someone makes a baseless accusation and then votes on that same reasoning.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, Precisionk is sort of the king of randomness, isn't he?

My day's turning out to be much more busy than it was supposed to be, so I haven't had the chance to contribute too much. Sorry about that.

I think that Precisionk is guilty of not reading the thread before he posts, but anything other than that... I don't know. As not reading the thread is annoying and I don't have anything else to go on right now (and I'm not sure whether I'll have the opportunity to post much more today) I'm going to !vote for Precisionk.

Keep posted for a possible retraction, of course, if new info comes to light.

Sorry again for my continued absence. Sunday and thereafter (assuming, of course, that I survive the night) I'll be more present.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    Was hoping to leave my vote for a bit later but it looks like I'm heading out until later on, so I'm putting in a vote now. Seeing as I still don't really see anyone standing out as a rogue I'm voting for Precisionk, as his randomness may be dangerous to innocents.

!vote for Precisionk

SUPERSUGA on
    edited February 2007
    Because we have a better chance of getting him. As long as the vigilante is up, he can kill someone he thinks is suspicious. If that's someone different than who the council votes for, then we're killing two suspicious folks a night.

Is it a much better chance that two innocents will get killed? Absolutely. There are only one or more rogue councilors out there, compared with the thirteen-ish innocents.

But there's really no other way to do this. You can't rely on the bad guys acting suspicious. Numbers are something you can bank on.

...assuming we know everything that's going on, which I'm not sure we do.

I think the vigilante, whoever he is, should wait another night or so before killing again. He got lucky on the first night, but now the odds are just too bad for him to risk it.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    I'm going to keep on waiting before I vote. precisionk does seem like the only good target, but their is still plenty of time for something else to pop up.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    I'm going to keep on waiting before I vote. precisionk does seem like the only good target, but their is still plenty of time for something else to pop up.

He isn't the only good target so far...hell he isn't even that good a target. I was just pissed he would pop in and vote for someone without even knowing what the hell was going on. It doesn't seem as if he is taking the game seriously, or even caring much about it.

The only "good" target at this point, would be jdarksun. He has been acting fishy since right before the end of round one.

C'mon now, pay attention! ><

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Navoc wrote: »
    *snip*

So, I take it you haven't been reading the thread?

Nope. Been busy lately.

precisionk on
    edited February 2007
    precisionk always acts like this, so I don't find it particularly suspicious.

For the moment I !vote for DarkPrimus since I still find the overreaction suspicious. jdarksun is also on my watchlist, but I agree with his point about the vigilante so that gives him some credibility in my eyes.

I'll be busy for the next few hours, but I'll check in before voting closes to see if anything develops.

Smasher on