As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I did something Mozilla-Firefox didn't like.

KruiteKruite Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
What did I do? I cleared the contents of my temporary internet and temporary files.

What did it do? Mozilla put up this message upon starting it (reinstalling did not correct whatever I did)

"Could not initialize the application's security component. The most likely cause is problems with files in your application's profile directory. Please check that this directory has no read/write restrictions and your hard disk is not full or close to full. It is recommended that you exit the application and fix the problem. If you continue to use this session, you might see incorrect application behaviour when accessing security features."

The browser seems to not be able to load certain pages completely, refresh, stop, back/forward buttons don't work....probably a lot of other browser options don't work either. here's the kicker, internet-explorer is working just fine. Never thought I'd see the day that IE was working better than M-Firefox.

Kruite on

• Options
    korrianderkorriander Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Copy and paste that error message into a search engine, brings up tons of forum boards with ways to fix it. Have you tried those?

korriander on
  • Options
    Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wait, you uninstalled the entire thing and it's still doing that? There were probably files left over. If you're on a Windows, go to Program Files/Mozilla and delete the FireFox folder upon uninstalling it. You need to make sure it's 100% uninstalled and that there aren't fragments left over.

Speaking of FireFox issues, Flash videos won't work in mine. It works in Safari and the Adobe Flash website says "if you can see this image, your Flash is working" and I can see it. But it doesn't work. Tried reinstalling Flash, didn't do anything. What the hell is up with FireFox? My Adobe Flash player is obviously updated and working - it works in Safari - but it won't work in Firefox. I'm on a Macbook.

Not trying to hijack thread, but since it's a FireFox issue...

Black Ice on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Black Ice wrote: »
    Wait, you uninstalled the entire thing and it's still doing that? There were probably files left over. If you're on a Windows, go to Program Files/Mozilla and delete the FireFox folder upon uninstalling it. You need to make sure it's 100% uninstalled and that there aren't fragments left over.

Speaking of FireFox issues, Flash videos won't work in mine. It works in Safari and the Adobe Flash website says "if you can see this image, your Flash is working" and I can see it. But it doesn't work. Tried reinstalling Flash, didn't do anything. What the hell is up with FireFox? My Adobe Flash player is obviously updated and working - it works in Safari - but it won't work in Firefox. I'm on a Macbook.

Not trying to hijack thread, but since it's a FireFox issue...

Is your AdBlocker just killing all the flash?

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    finalflight89finalflight89 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    The error mentions your user profile is screwed up (containing all your bookmarks, history, etc).

Try making a new one, detailed instructions are here.

finalflight89 on
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    When you uninstall it usually leaves behind your profile. A quick way to get there is to go to Start and click Run then type %appdata% and press OK/Run to open the folder most apps use for that kinda thing.

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Final flight and exoplasm's suggestions fixed whatever the problem was. I think when I reinstalled I forgot to have it remove my old profile, so reinstalling it completely did the trick.
    Thanks for the help.

Kruite on