As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Pro Wrestling Returns] Wrestling, Wrestling, and MORE WRESTLING

redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Games and Technology
S_Austin.pngS_Owen%20Hart.pngAction_Austin.pngFireProWrestling_Front_High.jpgAction_Scorpion%20w%20skull%20mk1.pngS_Optimus%20Prime.pngS_Joker.png

Talk real wrestling there. Talk videogame wrestling in here.

Fire Pro Wrestling Returns on Wiki
The game might be hard to find, so you can buy it here directly from Agetec: http://www.agetec.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=119

Features (from Agetec site):
• The first time this popular Japanese wrestling series has been released in North America on PlayStation®2.
• Up to 8 players can simultaneously go toe to toe.
• A huge variety of match types, everything from Singles to Battle Royal to Electrified Barbed Wire Ropes Exploding Deathmatch!.
• A complete arsenal of wrestling moves and holds. No other wrestling game has such a complete list of moves available..
• The deepest custom wrestler creator anywhere allows players to create and save hundreds of wrestlers, each with their own unique look, moves and AI!.
• The ability to create your own referee, ring, logo, and even belt allows players to recreate any dream match they can think of!.
• Match Maker mode lets players set up their own wrestling show, earn money, and attempt to lure bigger talent to their matches.

Have questions or doubts about the game? Read inside:
Videos: Hey, how did they get all those American wrestlers into the game? Mine has 95% Japanese wrestlers!
The main way people get American wrestlers is by downloading game saves. Head here to browse through some of the saves that are available. FireProClub is a great place to find different edits.

What you need.How to transfer saves.

This game sucks. The graphics suck. The controls suck. Japanese wrestlers are dumb!
You suck. The graphics are awesome 2D old school graphics. The controls take a bit to get used to. Make your own wrestlers.

Yea, the controls are something to get used to. You will get your rear handed to you quite a bit in the beginning.

Here is an assortment of sites with edits you can manually create.

Dyvim Tvar suggests these packs to DL
Mugenmidget's Weekly E-Fed Fire Pro Feed
(usually) Sundays at 4pm CST

bYf6vNQ.png
Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
[3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
redfield85 on

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This game is awesome, and I really need to play it more often.

The nice thing is, I have a fully PS2-compatable PS3, which means it's incredibly easy to get game save files. I got one a while back that had most of the WWE/TNA/ROH guys and a bunch of other indy wrestlers. It rocked.

LockedOnTarget on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I was working on these earlier tonight.

WIP:

Gabe

Tycho

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • JohnDoeJohnDoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Best wrestling game ever.

JohnDoe on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I wish I had a PS2, as I would be all over this. Hopefully this series eventually comes to PS3 some years down the road.

UnbreakableVow on
    edited March 2009
    I love watching my edits in a simmed match to get a feel for what moves they do too much/little. I just watched a Tyrant vs. Nemesis, in an Umbrella ring, with an Umbrella ref in scrubs. Nemesis won. I mean, come on, he is an improved form of the Tyrant. Well, that and I don't really have the Tyrant programmed to finish matches yet. Heh.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So... Fire Pro HD coming.

Oooh yeah.

Not sure how I feel about it being a downloadable title only. On one hand it cuts down on import time, but if my Visa don't work on a JAP PSN account... all I'm saying, Tokyo better have a 123 Fake Street.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think people have been able to purchase stuff from the japanese psn store so hopefully we will be able to download it.

Kyougu on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh man Fire Pro HD is gonna be huuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

I enjoy this game, I just wish there was more to it. Like a dynasty mode or something. Online play in FPHD is gonna beat ass.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm also super psyched for the return of Champion Road. Fire Pro G had honestly the best career mode ever. You started in a Dojo and then, based on which kinds of moves you did and how you wrestled your matches, you'd end up in New Japan, All Japan, Michinoku Pro, BattllArts, eventually moving to Mexico or the US even where you joined the nWo. And everything was determined by your choices. The way to get to the US was by doing a lot of showboating moves and lots of taunts, while All Japan required long matches and lots of "strong" moves.

And all the edits you can fit onto a HD instead of a memory card... oh God... the colors, all the pretty colors...

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, Fire Pro HD sounds like something I could definately get into. I never bought Fire Pro Returns as it came out long after I had given up on my PS2 (the graphics just look like ass on my big TV), but a souped-up version for the 360 would totally kick ass. I don't even care about the 2D graphics or anything... having so many moves and the ability to create such a wide variety of characters more than makes up for it.

The only problem I foresee, after reading through that forum thread, is that there's no actual plans for a US release of this game. How difficult is it to import a download-only game on the 360?

Toxic Pickle on
  • MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm a little concerned about online play considering how getting that exact button press at the exact right time is so important, would lag not totally eff this game in the ay?

MarvellousM on
  • RaginRossRaginRoss Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yes!

As far as i'm aware, you'd be able to just create a Japanese Live account, then buy Fire Pro on there. You should then be able to access the game from your normal Live account.

Can anyone confirm that?

RaginRoss on
    RossCowan.png
  • MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    RaginRoss wrote: »
    Yes!

As far as i'm aware, you'd be able to just create a Japanese Live account, then buy Fire Pro on there. You should then be able to access the game from your normal Live account.

Can anyone confirm that?
    I think they're supposed to be cracking down on that kind of behavior. Which sucks because I'd love to play Fire Pro HD when it comes up. I'm not sure I'd wanna risk anything, but at the same time I can't find any stories of people being banned for that kind of behavior.

Does anyone have the original source for the news on Fire Pro HD? FireProClub.com is down right now.

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
    edited March 2009
    Does anyone have the original source for the news on Fire Pro HD? FireProClub.com is down right now.

That was the original source. Post quoted below.
    http://www.fireproclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20461
    ^ The original topic

If you haven't been following that topic, you're out of the loop. Time to get caught up.
    Spike and GHM are being very nice to us right now. We owe them a giant thank you.
    Be sure to read this ENTIRE post.
    Read it SLOWLY.
    All the way to the end. I'm serious.

NOW... for the info

On September 9th, 2009
    For Playstation 3 and XBOX 360
    Format: Download only
    Region: Japan

Developed by S-Neo and Grasshopper Manufacture
    Published by Spike

Fire Pro Wrestling HD
    A new installment in the Fire Pro Wrestling series featuring high definition graphics and online functionality to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Fire Pro.

- Full 1080p support
    - High resolution 2D sprites (3 times the pixel density of Fire Pro Returns)
    - "Rebuilt" game engine
    - XBOX Live and Playstation Network support for online play
    - FULL ENGLISH TRANSLATION AVAILABLE FROM THE OPTIONS MENU
    - Unlockables
    - Downloadable content (download moves?!)
    - Custom soundtrack support
    - Upgraded logo editor featuring "image import".
    - Share edits and logos online with friends via PSN and XBOX Live

Confirmed modes

Champion Road
    One Night Match
    Match Maker
    Point Battle
    Team Mach
    Survival
    Online Play
    League
    Tournament
    Edit
    Card Shop

Known mode details

Champion Road

A decision driven ‘career mode’ similar to Fighting Road from Fire Pro Wrestling G.
    You begin by selecting your starting location. (Japan, America, Mexico, England)
    You cannot use any default wrestlers or pre-made edits.
    You have to start with a new character that has limited edit points.
    Edit points, moves, and ring attire are collected by earning points in matches.
    Points are earned based on audience ranking and other factors.
    Your starting location also determines your available choices.
    Advancing in Champion Road earns tokens that can be spent at the Card Shop.

One Night Match

All exhibition match options are available through One Night Match.

Confirmed match types

1 vs 1
    Tag Team
    Four Team Match ( 4 teams of 2 ?)
    Battle Royale
    Title Match
    SWA Rules
    Gruesome Fighting
    Cage Match
    Exploding Cage Match
    Landmine Death Match
    And 2 new match types that haven’t been revealed yet

New match features

Audience ranking for all match types
    Captain’s fall rule
    Lucha tag rule
    Defend titles in any match type
    New weapons
    Match speed in custom increments (ex: 108%, 122%, etc)

Match Maker

The new version of Match Maker isn’t structured.
    There are no objectives or pre-made scenarios.
    You can book complete shows with defaults and edits.
    All One Night Match and tournament / league options are available within Match Maker

Point Battle

A new mode to Fire Pro Wrestling!
    The game randomly selects wrestlers from the roster for a match
    You then bet on the outcome of the match
    Tokens you earn can be spent at the Card Shop
    COM vs COM only

Team Match

The standard 5 vs 5 elimination mode from previous Fire Pro games
    1 vs 1 matches only

Survival

Wrestle an endless line of opponents until you lose
    Earn tokens to spend in the Card Shop

Online Play

Play against friends or random opponents via XBOX Live and Playstation Network
    Voice chat support
    Online Point Battle where you can bet tokens against other players
    "Party Play"
    "Spectator"

League and Tournament

Titles can be awarded to winners of leagues and tournaments

Edit Mode

Wrestler Edit
    Ref Edit
    Belt Edit
    Organization Edit
    Logo Edit
    Ring Edit
    Trade

New edit features

Logo editor allows for ‘image import’
    Trade: Online sharing of all edit content
    "Advanced ring edit"
    Alternate attires for wrestler edits
    Edit space is based on available hard drive space

Card Shop

This is where you spend your earned tokens to purchase in-game content.
    Confirmed content: templates, default characters, alternate attires, artwork, videos
    You will buy ‘collector cards’ for the unlockable material. The cards will be displayed in your card collection

OK... so here's the BIGGER news. We're the largest Fire Pro community in the world. Period.
    Spike and GHM realize this. They want our input, and I've been chosen as the represenative.
    This forum is for everyone to post their wish lists and desires for FIRE PRO WRESLTING HD.
    I have a week to pick out the 10 best ideas (or most requested) and send them to my contacts at GHM and S-Neo. Make sure you understand what is already confirmed so you don't go requesting stuff that you don't need to. If you make a stupid request, I may be forced to skip your entire post. I don't have time to waste on ridiculous ideas. This shit is SERIOUS.

Let's get to work.
    On Gaf they're speculating on it being a hoax because "a week" makes it April 1st. But considering the outrage that would hit FPC if they tried that... I dunno.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
    edited March 2009
    Very interesting, I guess I'll have to remain skeptical for a bit. Thank you!

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
    edited March 2009
    I sorta suspect a possible hoax too, but I can't really say because I've never been to that forum so I don't know the reputation of the original poster. It just sounds fishy when some dude states that there is gonna be a new game coming out this year and because this particular website is so large and important, the devs have designated him to come and take suggestions from everyone as to what should be in the game.

Toxic Pickle on
    edited March 2009
    I sorta suspect a possible hoax too, but I can't really say because I've never been to that forum so I don't know the reputation of the original poster. It just sounds fishy when some dude states that there is gonna be a new game coming out this year and because this particular website is so large and important, the devs have designated him to come and take suggestions from everyone as to what should be in the game.

Well, I don't doubt that the Fire Pro Club would be big enough in the Fire Pro community to warrant that. It basically is the Fire Pro community. It'd be like a game developer making a game about wangs and asking the Penny Arcade forum.

Also from Gaf:
    It's not a prank. If you go back through the threads at FPC you'll see multiple people positing tthat theory and it was consistently denied. Sonny knows how much it means to everyone there and wouldn't mess with people like that; I guarantee it.

Sonny sent a few copies of Fire Pro M (collection of Fire Pro music remixed by the community with a LOT of inside jokes thrown in) to Grasshopper Manufacture, and they sent him back a package with a bunch of cool stuff, including an original copy of Fire Pro G for PSX and a No More Heroes OST.

It's LEGIT.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I <3 Fire Pro games. It's the best pro wrestling game series, hell one of the best game series period. They're just so much fun.

citizen059 on
    edited March 2009
    Hm, well thanks for bringing that to our attention David_T, it does very much seem like Sonny has a great reputation in the community. Definitely wouldn't be worth throwing that way for a joke. I hope we see some more announcements in a week.

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
    edited March 2009
    Yeah after seeing some of the demo videos in this thread, it caused me to really want to get my PS2 outta mothballs and give it a shot. Seeing the variety of moves the guys are performing is just stunning, but of course I can't help but to wince at how low-res the graphics are. I'm such a snob.

Toxic Pickle on
    edited March 2009
    Wow. I didn't expect this thread to really get any more posts. Haha.

Fire Pro HD, huh? I was totally thrilled about hearing this and then someone in here brought up April 1st. I am scared and already pissed. Heh. We will see what happens.

As for the current Fire Pro graphics, there is nothing wrong with them. You are just a whore. :P

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited March 2009
    I run an "e-fed" with this game and have fake wagers on the side while streaming on Justin.TV (usually on Sundays). It's surprisingly fun to watch as long as you mess with logic settings and keep stats reasonable.

I even think I PMed you, Redfield, about your custom characters and getting a copy of them but I'm not sure if you ever read it. Would you be at all interested in being able to upload your saves instead of posting formulas? I'd be willing to help you out with that, send me a PM if you'd like.

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
    edited March 2009
    Yea I got that email. Sorry I never responded.

As for saves, I don't have plans right this second to put any out there. Last night I was playing with the idea of having weekly, bi-weekly, monthly PPVs. Two years ago when I worked in Florida and stayed at my sister's place, I kept a notebook with my own PPV results and PPV names and even PPV songs (you know, how WWE has a song for each PPV...like that). I was thinking of continuing where I left off and making a nice little YouTube video or two (depending on how long the PPV is). I even worked on this (yes, I know the background moves, I have to fix that):

3388325008_68eef85059_o.gif

I figured I would maybe even have a season of sorts. Then follow it up with playoffs and a championship. I dunno.

If you want to use my edits in your e-fed, I am not stopping you. But I don't think I will be releasing my own save pack just yet. If you want to use my edits in a pack of your own, be my guest. Just let me know so I can tell people through my blog that my edits are in a save pack (the only save pack they will be getting with my edits so far...that I know of).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    How the bloody hell did this thread get so far without mentioning the 20th anniversary Fire Pro titles being released this year?

XBLA/PSN get Fire Pro HD.

Wii Gets more or less a compiliation of all the early games, including a redone game with help from Suda.

Pretty neat.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited March 2009
    How the bloody hell did this thread get so far without mentioning the 20th anniversary Fire Pro titles being released this year?

Wii Gets more or less a compiliation of all the early games, including a redone game with help from Suda.

Pretty neat.

Yes, but is this coming out anywhere besides Japan?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oh my shit on a shit fire pro HD

Ah_Pook on
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    redfield85 wrote: »

Pretty neat.

Yes, but is this coming out anywhere besides Japan?

Firepro HD has a full english translation, and its easy enough to get stuff from overseas on PSN. I can't remember how easy it is to do on a 360, but I don't remember it being exactly impossible...

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    on the ps3 if it at comes out on the HK store they accept US credit cards, you dont even have to pull any shenanigans. if its only the JPN store then you can still import a japanese points card and do it that way.

Ah_Pook on
    edited March 2009
    The Fire Pro HD was mentioned quite a bit above, though I don't think the 20th anniversary or possibility of a Wii game was mentioned.

I'm definately hoping something comes out on a current-gen console, because otherwise I might just have to hook up my PS2 again after all these years. D:

I admit to being a graphics whore, but damn the animations of those sprites is really freaking good.

In any case, it'd be nice to get some of these released stateside, because importing is such a pain.

Toxic Pickle on
  • MarvellousMMarvellousM United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Anybody here play King of Colosseum, Fire Pro's 3D cousin? I have the second one but damned if I can't figure out the controls to save my life, it seems ludicrously complicated.

MarvellousM on
  • TheBigDaddyDowdTheBigDaddyDowd Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If this only comes out on a ps3, I'm buying a ps3.

TheBigDaddyDowd on
    TheBigDaddyDowd.png
    AC City folk=2965-2082-7154
    edited March 2009
    If you want to use my edits in your e-fed, I am not stopping you. But I don't think I will be releasing my own save pack just yet. If you want to use my edits in a pack of your own, be my guest. Just let me know so I can tell people through my blog that my edits are in a save pack (the only save pack they will be getting with my edits so far...that I know of).
    Ohhh, okay, so you already have everything you need (either homebrew or AR MAX or maybe some other method)? You just wanna wait until you have everything the way you want for a proper pack, right?

That's cool, I'll eagerly await your release. :-)

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
    edited March 2009
    Ohhh, okay, so you already have everything you need (either homebrew or AR MAX or maybe some other method)? You just wanna wait until you have everything the way you want for a proper pack, right?

That's cool, I'll eagerly await your release. :-)

I have the usb thing that comes with action replay, but I need to download the disc because mine got scratched to hell.

I don't have an estimate of when I will release my first save pack, so don't hold your breath on it. Haha. I mean, if you want to create my guys and put them all in a save, sure go ahead. When I release my packs (if I ever get to it), I want to make sure all the edits have the logic that I prefer for them and the movesets I prefer. Obviously people can change that once they dl the saves, but I want to try and make my edits playable from the get go.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    So I tried looking up all the old people that I used to make SFPWXP moves and other such stuff with but no one's been around since 2000 and all their websites are gone. The best thing I could find was...

http://www.angelfire.com/ne/onw/rvdfinal.html

But this guy "Kactus Ken" made a shot for shot remake of the ECW on TNN opening. I don't fucking have the video anymore but I wish I did.

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2009
    If there was ever an overuse of tables in a match, this would be in:
    tabledriver.gif

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited March 2009
    That is completely badass.

Is that actually some kinda second story thing? And also, is that an actual match you can do in the game?

Holy shit.

Toxic Pickle on
  • JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    No, those are user made edits to the SNES game, Toxic.

My old website from 2000 is still up with most of my old ones.

http:.//justinsane.tvheaven.com

JustinSane07 on
    edited March 2009
    Wait, so pretty much all of that is modded, right? I assume the old Fire Pro games didn't have tables of any sort or ladders and what not.

I really hope this FPHD stuff is true. I also really hope they release this outside of Japan. I don't feel like doing the whole "create a Japanese account" thing. Although I probably will if there is no news on an American release.

edit: Hey, Mugenmidget, do you have a link to your e-fed or jushin.tv?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited March 2009
    Yah here's my channel (I apologize in advance if you watch anything there):

http://www.justin.tv/mugenmidget

Our small group of friends usually gets on at about 4 PM CST on Sundays.

Here's Billy and Steve (of "King of Kong" fame) double-teaming Donkey Kong:

http://www.justin.tv/clip/ac08ff1f6e0

Are you going to be streaming anything? We tried having color commentary once with Vent (which meant that everyone using Vent's response was delayed while only the people at my house were "live"). I learned pretty quickly that I'm not cut out for color commentary! But I'd like to see your take on it.

But basically the people at the small community this is run for will submit their own CAWs and create "cards" that they want to see. Then they make wagers with their funny money which they can turn around and spend in different ways on the forum (or just top the leaderboard with a big hoard of cash).

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
    edited March 2009
    Yea, I don't think I am close to streaming anything just yet. And if I did, I don't know about commentary. Maybe I would have my mic and make regular comments here and there, but I don't think I would do wrestling commentary.

So you do that every Sunday? And 4pm there is 5pm est, right? I'll put a link to it in the OP if you want. We will have our very own PA Fire Pro Show. Haha.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png