As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Metal Gear Raiden? See Page 85 (Previously the MGS4 Thread)

• Options
    xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wait so there's no stealthing?

What a waste.

Unless you hide behind the wall so you don't get shot, or get stealth camo from the kerotan. Geez, learn to read :P

? hiding behind the wall isn't stealth.

its not stealth if they know you are there anyway!

Or do you mean there are sections where you don't have to shoot people but can stay hidden?

You didn't really explain the gameplay very well. I figured lightshooter meant, you know, metal gear time crisis and "hide behind the wall" was the same as "cover".

It was a joke about the stealth, man. I thought my :P emote was enough! It is basically a dumbed down Time Crisis, but it's better than the Time Crisis on the iPhone.

Edit: Here is a video showing the gameplay and graphics better than I can explain:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zOOaPQ4hiE

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man that was just nasty.

Why don't you kick him in the balls while you are at it. :P

I don't know the game man I thought maybe there was stealth! So is there stealth? I'm going mad!

ARGGGGHHHHHH

*bangs head on ground repeatedly*

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man that was just nasty.

Why don't you kick him in the balls while you are at it. :P

I don't know the game man I thought maybe there was stealth! So is there stealth? I'm going mad!

ARGGGGHHHHHH

*bangs head on ground repeatedly*

No stealth, just shooting. Like playing 4 on easy mode with all your weapons and shit unlocked with a bunch of DP from a normal play through. It's really simple, and they have a sweet opportunity to make it awesome with a bunch of content, but they took to typical iPhone game view of, "rush it out now, add the good stuff later to make them think we are supporting our game when we could have had this shit there given a few more weeks dev time originally"

Edit: and I just got your head banging reference. go me.

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Oh my God, a new Metal Gear game featuring Raiden or anyone else like him or the Ninja would rule. Sneaking around, slitting throats with high frequency blades....

*Cream*

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I think you are forgetting that Raiden is horrible and anything he is involved in is horrible.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    What about Mortal Kombat?

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    apotheos wrote: »
    I think you are forgetting that Raiden is horrible and anything he is involved in is horrible.

Except he was arguably the main star of the best MGS game.

Also he could beat the shit out of Snake.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That was one of the things that bothered me about MGS4:
    I had to focus on not dying instead of the fuckawesome ninja v vampire fight right behind me

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    apotheos wrote: »

The man speaks the truth. Yeah, Raiden as the ninja was kinda cool at first taking on giant Metal Gears and such but while stopping a Rex with one hand is fucking awesome and unmatchable in coolness, what Raiden does borders on ridiculous even for Metal Gear. None of the Ninja(ninji?) have matched up the original and the story is generally compelling because you're dealing with people like Snake, Liquid, Fox, Wolf, Raven and Mantis, people who've seen real combat and been fucked up badly by it, they're far from perfect.

Raiden is the product of VR training, hes done one mission he barely completed, one off-screen mission which he probably had help from Snake with and then MGS4, with the aid of super ninja-gear (Which I want, old ninja mind you not high-heel ninja). He doesn't suck anymore but I don't want to play as him either.

I'd want either a remake of MGS1 possibly involving no retcons of the patriots into it at all and no lame over the top action sequences and then an in-universe but new character story. If it aint Snake, dont want to know about it. Aging him will be Kojimas biggest crime against humanity.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Solid Snake takes on one Metal Gear Rex at the end of MGS1 and is still not quite good enough at it to stop his best friend from being killed.

Raiden takes on (according to difficulty) anywhere from 5 to 25 Metal Gear Rays, all of which were designed to be superior to Rex.

Raiden may be a product of VR training, but I'd say that's proof enough that said VR training works very well.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You guys have strange character biases from my pov.

I don't really hate anyone. I have this sort of "you are ok" neutral point off of which people can only go up.

I'm not saying I'm better than ya all or anything, I'm just explaining why I don't get it.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Solid Snake takes on one Metal Gear Rex at the end of MGS1 and is still not quite good enough at it to stop his best friend from being killed.

Raiden takes on (according to difficulty) anywhere from 5 to 25 Metal Gear Rays, all of which were designed to be superior to Rex.

Raiden may be a product of VR training, but I'd say that's proof enough that said VR training works very well.

those metal gears were unmanned, whereas rex was manned by liquid. I still think snake could take pre-ninja raiden any day of the week.

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited March 2009

Solidus is a clone of Big Boss like Snake and he gang-land executed a few Rexes in seconds.

Case closed.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Solidus is a clone of Big Boss like Snake and he gang-land executed a few Rexes in seconds.

Case closed.

Raiden killed Solidus.

MIXUP!

Seriously whats going on here does this matter?

Morninglord on
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tasteticle wrote: »

those metal gears were unmanned, whereas rex was manned by liquid. I still think snake could take pre-ninja raiden any day of the week.

So the fact that the rays were being piloted my incredibly advanced AI instead of a person means that it was somehow easier, disregarding the fact that he was fighting them 3 at a friggin time? What the hell kind of logic is that?

Etiowsa on
  • Options
    edited March 2009

Case closed.

Raiden killed Solidus.

MIXUP!

Seriously whats going on here does this matter?

Big Boss beat Raidokov(sp), Solid beat Vamp, Vamp beat Raiden first time round, Raiden won second time AFTER Snake beat him.

Check and mate

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Before you talk about logic you might want to skip backwards a few steps to where you are arguing over which computer game character is better than another.

Can we stop this please it only goes stupid places.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Tasteticle wrote: »

So the fact that the rays were being piloted my incredibly advanced AI instead of a person means that it was somehow easier, disregarding the fact that he was fighting them 3 at a friggin time? What the hell kind of logic is that?

The AI was infected with a virus. Scissors!

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Its a bit of fun ML.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    61!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah I know some people are just having fun but then some people start being all serious bizness about it. Is it really worth it?
    Just call me Mr Cautious alright.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah I know some people are just having fun but then some people start being all serious bizness about it. Is it really worth it?

You'll never beat up Solid Snake with that attitude, mister.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Ashcroft wrote: »

You'll never beat up Solid Snake with that attitude, mister.

But I like him I dun wanna beat him up.

I'll give him a nice cup of tea and some crumpets, let him have a rest once in while.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And Liquid is a trained elite soldier, he supercedes any AI.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Here's the pic for those interested:

The_Next_MGS.jpg

Igort on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Snake had Meryl.
    Raiden had Rose.
    Big Boss had Eva.

I think that speaks volumes for who is best.
    Do you remember what day it is?

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    You know what I'll laugh if they show nothing but raiden and then you are playing snake in a wheelchair or something.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    They need to figure out a logical way to restore Snakes youth so that shit can go on as its meant to. No Raiden. I'd take a child of Snake but thats out.

As long as it doesnt feature that traitorous Meryl and her muppet husband, all is good.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think we all know what my opinion of raiden starring in his own metal gear game is.

Lots and lots of crumpets. :winky:

Morninglord on
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You know what I'll laugh if they show nothing but raiden and then you are playing snake in a wheelchair or something.

In a wheelchair and the entire thing is a 5 hour long on-rail shooter.

I can see it now!

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Yeah he can spin both wheels sharply in opposite directions and flip over a rocket.

It'll be great.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    IgortIgort Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd buy it.

Still hoping they remake Metal Gear 1 & 2 at some point. Goddamit, those games need to be updated badly.

Igort on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I still want remakes of MG and MG2. They are bloody impossible to enjoy in their current forms, but have great stories. Also, a bit more back story on how Big Boss became a lead paint chewing crazy man would be nice.

Get out of my head!

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    act 4 in MGS4 just made me want a MGS1 remake on the MGS4 engine

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited March 2009
    The added gameplay elements of MGS2 were already enough to break several sections of MGS in The Twin Snakes, MGS4's would make it a breeze.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I rather have a brand new character that isn't Raiden or anyone else that we've seen so far if Snake really is gone for good, and I'm not talking a brand new character designed in the same vein as Raiden first was, we all remember how that ended up.

In fact I rather see Raiden end up turning out to be the next big bad for the Metal Gear series than a hero.

Cade on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cade wrote: »
    In fact I rather see Otacon end up turning out to be the next big bad for the Metal Gear series than a hero.

:lol:

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Look

as long as I get David Hayter doing voices in my next MGS, I'll be cool.

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    TasteicleTasteicle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    They need to figure out a logical way to restore Snakes youth so that shit can go on as its meant to. No Raiden. I'd take a child of Snake but thats out.

As long as it doesnt feature that traitorous Meryl and her muppet husband, all is good.

Nano machines, done and done.

Tasteicle on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I still want remakes of MG and MG2. They are bloody impossible to enjoy in their current forms, but have great stories. Also, a bit more back story on how Big Boss became a lead paint chewing crazy man would be nice.

Get out of my head!

Well, there's always portable ops to play through for that.

-Loki- on