As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The second coming of the "Red Ring of Death:" Attack of the "Quarter Ring of Death.&q

MottzMottz Registered User new member
edited March 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
The second coming of the "Red Ring of Death:" Attack of the "Quarter Ring of Death."

If 3 blinking lights make the "Red Ring of Death" and 1 blinking light makes the "Quarter Ring of Death," does that mean that Microsoft has screwed their customers full circle? If you don't know what I mean, please, please, let me explain!

I have seen posting after posting about the so-called "Second Coming of the Xbox 360 Red Ring of Death." I call it the "Quarter Ring of Death." This is when, and I quote Xbox.com "One of the lights on the Ring of Light on the front of your Xbox 360 console flashes red and you receive the error code and message: "E##. System Error. Contact Xbox Customer Support". The error code varies from E66, E67, E68, E69, E71 and E74. But low and behold, a new error code has come to the Xbox family: E73. If you ask yourself, how does he know about this new and amazing error code? Its because I just got it on Saturday, March 21, 2009.

I bought my Xbox 360 in January of 2008, so my warranty does not apply to me anymore. I baby all my gadgets, especially the ones that cost $400.00 at the time. I don't let it overheat, I give it enough breathing room so air can circulate better through the system and I don't over-exceed the playing time so it does not overheat. I have followed all of the required precautionary steps from the instruction manual, including laying it down on its belly when it is operating. So why the hell do I have to pay $119.99 plus tax to fix my Xbox 360, even though I have done everything by the book to maintain this expensive piece of equipment? If I pay this $119.99 for a repair that Microsoft is 100% at fault for, and add my $400 that I paid when I bought the system 1 year and 2 months ago, my total would be $519.99 plus tax - I could have bought a new PlayStation 3 for that!

What do Nintendo, Sony PlayStation and Sega's Dreamcast all have in common? 1 year and 2 months after I bought them, they all still run and play as well as when I bought them, more then 10 years ago.

Hey Microsoft: get your act together and don't charge me more for something that you're at fault for. Why manufacture a brick and call it a game console when at the end of the day, its still a brick.

One upset customer, Mauro Zapata

Mottz on

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think you were looking for here.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    MottzMottz Registered User new member
    edited March 2009
    Thank you brother.