As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Episode 3.5: The Emperor's Gambit -- Ron Paulpatine Victory :P

GalacticEmperorGalacticEmperor Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Debate and/or Discourse
Game begins Monday (3 days early by special mod permission to avoid running into Easter weekend).

*************************************************************************************

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away….

The Galactic Senate has been bombed on Coruscant, killing all Senators. Imperial News outlets are reporting possible saboteurs. They are implying the criminals may be associated with the outlawed, rebel Jedi.

This atrocity has been followed by sharp unrest of the planetary governments of the young Empire, demanding swift action and reconstitution of the Senate. The Emperor announced elections to be held over one week. The short time span was so the government could quickly reform and respond to the crisis.

YOU have been elected by your people (and special interests, of course) to represent them at the highest levels of government during this time of unrest and crisis.

*************************************************************************************

With all the old alliances and factions destroyed, a completely unknown class of Senators arrive in Imperial City to convene in a secret location.

The first day, Emperor Palpatine addresses the new Galactic Senate:

“Friends, today marks a low hour. We have been brutally and cowardly attacked. Not honorably, on the field of battle, but treacherously, in the shadows of the night. Today, we take a moment to remember the Freedom and Stability we stand for. Our enemies do not care for our ideals, our dreams. Indeed, they hate us for them. The Imperial Guard has worked tirelessly to identify the culprits. I know who did this to us. To you, and those you represent.

The Jedi.

Those deceitful, hate-filled traitors have struck at us again. Failing to strike me down, they now hope to cow you. I know something they do not however; the strength and character of this Empire. We shall turn the ashes of our fallen into victory over our foes.

Our first priority is to prosecute the traitors here, on Coruscant. Once the Imperial Government is free of their filth, we can flush them out of the Empire. Sadly, we must start, here, in the Senate. The Inspector General reports many elections were rigged by rebel sympathizers. There are rebels amongst you.

So, I am ordering the Senate and all staff quarantined, until the rebels have been found. Lord Vader shall assist the High Judge. I trust you know the needs of the Empire and shall act with due Wisdom.”

GalacticEmperor on

• GalacticEmperorGalacticEmperor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Some rules & mechanics in this game may not be to everyone's taste. Because of this, we are posting the rules prior to sign-ups so that everyone who signs up knows what they are getting into.

The basic rules:

ProBoards for this game will be run by the narrators, links will be provided in the initial PM. Should you for some reason determine a need for additional ProBoards, you must clear them with a narrator BEFORE setting them up.

Your narrators are Nerissa and narvinye, but all game-related communication should be directed to the GalacticEmperor.

Standard disclaimers apply – the dead may not communicate with the living in regards to the game, and any communication outside of the main game thread or the narrator-run ProBoards must be done with full knowledge of who is talking to whom.

Special new rule. Posts in this thread may NOT be edited. Period. If you make a typo, you get to live with it. What the Senators say on the Senate floor is a matter of public record – no take-backs.

While this game is initially limited to 40 players, we will be maintaining a reserve list. Inactive players will find their political careers terminated (i.e. they will be removed from the game), and new players may be added in other ways at some point in the game.

WARNING: Some actions in this game make use of chance. If you prefer games with no random element whatsoever, this is probably not the game for you.

GalacticEmperor on
    edited March 2009
    The Factions and Affiliations

The 40 players will be divided into 4 factions. Those 4 factions will make up 2 pairs of opposing factions who are attempting to remove each other from play. So, faction A is trying to kill off faction B, and vice versa, while faction C is trying to kill off faction D, and vice versa.

Scattered among these factions are 4 imperial loyalists and 4 rebel sympathizers. These groups each have their own win conditions separate from whatever faction they belong to. The game ends when either of these groups is eliminated.

The win condition of each faction is to eliminate their opposing faction AND to not allow either the imperials or the rebels to attain their win condition. (Simply surviving is a necessary, but not sufficient, component for each group to win Good luck determining the rest of their win conditions.) Should the game terminate with no rebel or imperial victory, and either no faction completely eliminated, or multiple factions eliminated, the winning faction will be determined based on the difference in surviving population between the otherwise-tied faction and their opponents. So, if A has 5 survivors, B has 1, C has 8, and D has 7, then A wins, because (5-1) > (8-7). You have to kill off your opponents AND survive.

Each faction may choose each night to either investigate or assassinate a senator. If they choose to investigate, they WILL find out the target's faction, and MAY find out their affiliation (imperial, rebel, or neither). If they choose to assassinate a senator, the assassin MAY be traced back to their faction. These actions will be determined by vote on the faction's ProBoard.

Each night, the Senate as a whole, in an attempt to root out the rebels, votes to execute one of their members.

The High Judge

On odd-numbered nights, the senate elects a High Judge, who is immune from assassination or execution during his tenure.

On each night of his or her tenure, the high judge orders Darth Vader to either investigate, guard, or execute one Senator. He makes his choices publicly in the main game thread, and the result of the choices will be given in the narration, no PM communication with the narrator is required.

The High Judge's investigation always returns both the faction and affiliation of the target (Lord Vader has ways of finding things out that the factions' spies can't match). If Vader's investigation finds a rebel, the High Judge's action the next night MUST be to execute that person.

The definition of a judge's tenure is slightly different when determining invulnerability or actions. He is invulnerable on the night he is elected and the following night. He issues orders to Vader the night AFTER he is elected and the night of the following election.

For example, let's say Senator Tay-Ren is elected High Judge on Night 1. He is immune from death on Night 1 and Night 2. He orders Darth Vader's actions on Night 2 and Night 3. Assuming he is not re-elected on Night 3, he is vulnerable on Night 3, but his orders are still carried out whether he survives or not.

Legislation

On even-numbered nights, legislation will be introduced, which must be voted upon by the Senate as a whole. This legislation, if passed, will alter the play of the game. Some bills introduced will expire in two nights, while others will make permanent changes.

Voting

Votes for execution are made in bold red. Votes for high judge and / or legislation are made in bold lime. If you change your mind, a retraction is nice, but not necessary. Retractions are made in the same color as the vote.

For example:

Nerissa must die, ElJeffe for High Judge
    no, I changed my mind... retract Nerissa, I really think narvinye is a rebel.

Voting closes at 10pm Eastern based on time stamps. No “vote closed” post will be made. Posts time-stamped at 10:00 are too late. 9:59 is good.

So, to recap...

Imperial supporters must kill off the rebels and ???
    Rebels must kill off the imperials and ???
    Factions must kill off either the rebels or the imperials, as well as their opposing faction.

Vote for execution in red, for high judge / legislation in lime, and for faction stuff on your faction board. Vote early, vote often... 10pm is too late.

Clarification requests in bold orange, please.

Don't count on a narration prior to 11pm. It might be early, but most often, it will probably take in the neighborhood of an hour to go up. So go get a sandwich or something and stop wearing out your refresh button already. :P

GalacticEmperor on
    edited March 2009
    The Players
    1.gundam470 -- flattened by Free Traders Night 2
    2.Nocturne -- too many blood vessels cauterized Night 3
    3.Zandracon
    4.KungFu
    5.[strike]kuhlmeye[/strike] Obbi
    6.Oats
    7.Qorzm
    8.Corbius
    9.Doxa
    10.enlightenedbum
    11.[strike]Fluffy, Our Beloved Flopsy Bunny Friend[/strike] Medopine
    12.sterling3763 -- really odd kinks... Night 3
    13.HamHamJ
    14.Element Brian -- melted to goo Night 1
    15.Savant
    16.Powerpuppies -- disappeared Night 3
    17.Cinders
    18.cj iwakura -- had his life permanently disrupted by Imperial SF Night 1
    19.[strike]Smasher[/strike] Thetheroo
    20.Dunadan019 -- blasted while... occupied... Night 2
    21.Kid Presentable
    22.Toxic Toys
    23.JebusUD -- air leak Night 3
    24.Ride The Bomb
    25.Variable
    26.Witch Doctor, DBM
    27.JamesKeenan
    28.Delmain
    29.Astraphobia
    30.Mike Danger
    31.[strike]freelancerbob[/strike] Kilroy
    32.ShadowThomas
    33.kime -- executed Night 1
    34.Rent -- executed Night 3
    35.Jason Todd
    36.warban
    37.Trust
    38.Sepah -- poisoned Night 3
    39.DevoutlyApathetic -- executed Night 2
    40.GrimmyTOA

Reserve:
    (not limited to 10, if we get more, I'll increase the numbers)
    1.[strike]Thetheroo[/strike] (replaced Smasher night 1)
    2.[strike]Medopine[/strike]
    3.[strike]Kilroy[/strike]
    4.[strike]Obbi[/strike]
    5.MadnessBA

The Narrations:
    Night 1 Narration
    Night 2 Narration
    Night 3 Narration

GalacticEmperor on
  • gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This sounds complicated but there's three days to figure it out so !sign up

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
    edited March 2009
    OK, sign-ups are officially open, with one question.

We are considering lumping the weekend (Saturday & Sunday) together into one game day. Would you prefer to do this or to keep them as separate game days?

GalacticEmperor on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Sign or Sign Not, There Is No Try.

!I Find Your Lack of Retractions Disturbing. (retracting my sign up)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Sign Up

Hopefully I don't get killed by the baddies on day 1 this time!

To answer your question, I would rather keep them seperate, personally. Unless there is a convincing reason to do otherwise.

Nocturne on
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Signup

Zandracon on
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Make SevenUp Yours

I like the ideas for this phalla.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • kuhlmeyekuhlmeye Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Sign up

Separate days, preferably, but whatever.

kuhlmeye on
    PSN: the-K-flash
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    F5F5F5F5

Oats on
  • QorzmQorzm Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I haven't Phalla'd in a while, but since I have mostly nothing to do for spring break, I think I'd like to try another

!Sign up

Qorzm on
  • CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Sign up

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oh yes

signup

Doxa on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !signup

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !signup

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • sterling3763sterling3763 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !signup

sterling3763 on
  • HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !signup

HamHamJ on
    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Element Brian on
    Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !sign up

Savant on
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Sign up.

I would prefer separate days.

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Sign up

Cinders on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !sign up

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I !sign up for the dark side.
    Something something something complete!

Smasher on
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Signup

Dunadan019 on
  • Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I have never played one of these, but they're always my favorite threads to read whenever they pop up. I would like to !sign up this time!

Kid Presentable on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This sounds fun, !Sign up.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    WTF IS GOING ON IN HERE!

Signup!

JebusUD on
    I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Ride The BombRide The Bomb Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Ride The Bomb on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !sign up

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I bought my dad the original trilogy collection for his birthday on St. Patty's Day. It came with the original theatrical versions on the bonus discs. :D
    !Greedo never even fucking fired.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

If it's not too late...

JamesKeenan on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man I kinda want to sign up but the last phalla was plagued with people who didn't show up.

I'll Sign Up.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Star Wars Phalla?

I'm so in.

Delmain on
    edited March 2009
    Player list updated to here. If I missed anyone, please let me know.

As of right now, we've got 11 more spots open for Day 1, and plenty of reserve spots.

GalacticEmperor on
  • AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Something Something Sign up Something something complete.

Astraphobia on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Sign-Up: This looks like an entertaining meatbag diversion, master.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • freelancerbobfreelancerbob UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !sign up
    I have literally no idea what the hell I am doing and what the hell is going on. I should be a gungan, clearly.

freelancerbob on
    What is this thing that is happening here.
  • ShadowThomasShadowThomas Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'll de-lurk to !sign up

ShadowThomas on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ooooo, this sounds cool! Sign up!

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile