As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 3-18-09: um....Mahnke on GL is pretty great...

124»

• TachTach Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, I could just fire up the DS I own currently. Or the GBA. Or the GB. Or the Wii. Or the GameCube. Or the N64. Alas, the Super Nintendo bit the dust...

(although, I was a sucker- I did get Chrono Trigger DS for X-mas)

Tach on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    You don't need to buy games you already own. There are tons of others you could get as well.

In any case, there's a DSi thread elsewhere.

Robos A Go Go on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2009
    hey guys this isn't a video game subforum

DJ Eebs on
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Initially posted about it in the wrong motw thread (that's what I get for being a week behind...where does my time go?), but X-Force...man, that ending hit me hard. When it comes to death in fiction, I believe two things:

A. In high-violence settings like comics, there really ought to be more of it. I encourage random, unexpected deaths and maimings because that's what ought to happen in fights where so many lethal people are throwing around so much firepower, often with the specific intention of killing and maiming. If I was writing comics, every scene where Vision/Red Tornado/Wolverine gets blown up, would probably be replaced by another character where the killing blow actually meant something.
    B. Every character has at least one big story to tell, and in the interest of good literature, their story should be told before they bite it.

So I'm unhappy with this one because the post-Nextwave Boom Boom was essentially a brand new character, with potential, and now it's gone before they even did anything with her. I'm especially pissed off because I'm a big Cyclops fan, and his decision was just completely nonsensically retarded. Maybe if they'd thrown in a panel explaining why they had to be sent that second, or something.

It also sucks because such a terrible scene followed a great "Hit the button, Hank" quote.

I'm kinda hoping they get back in time for Elixir to magic her brains back in or something. Also, I admit to being curious what would happen if Elixir healed the Leper Queen.

Scooter on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Scooter wrote: »
    I encourage random, unexpected deaths and maimings
    Are you by any chance a DC comics editor?

Wildcat on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Wildcat wrote: »
    I encourage random, unexpected deaths and maimings
    Are you by any chance a DC comics editor?

I was going to warn him that the threatening calls are coming from inside his house, but now I think he'd be pleasantly surprised to find out for himself.

Robos A Go Go on
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It also sucks because such a terrible scene followed a great "Hit the button, Hank" quote.

I'm kinda hoping they get back in time for Elixir to magic her brains back in or something. Also, I admit to being curious what would happen if Elixir healed the Leper Queen.
    I think you're going to see her come back, especially now that we've seen the time-travel devices the team used aren't working as planned in the Messiah War one-shot.

I mean, they'd have no way to save the hostages that were still alive unless they came back at an earlier point anyway, and I doubt even Kyle and Yost would kill off so many New X-Men characters that they spent a lot of time building up.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Cyke was saying he'd send someone else for the other two iirc.

Scooter on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm also hoping they go back in time and are able to save her.

Frankly though, my only wish right now is that they stop drawing Hope with such a huge freaking head.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Iroh wrote: »

I think you're going to see her come back, especially now that we've seen the time-travel devices the team used aren't working as planned in the Messiah War one-shot.

I mean, they'd have no way to save the hostages that were still alive unless they came back at an earlier point anyway, and I doubt even Kyle and Yost would kill off so many New X-Men characters that they spent a lot of time building up.

Somebody didn't read Yost's run on New X-men.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

But still... Hellion and Noriko were like, the golden children of the New X-Men...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Yeah, I did, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here.

They had plenty of opportunities to kill some off from Quest for Magik through the end of the series, and yet they all lived IIRC. There is some hope there.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Saving them up for a big group killing.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]