As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU READING FIRESTORM?!!

Bloods EndBloods End Blade of TyshallePunch dimensionRegistered User regular
edited February 2007 in Graphic Violence
Goddammit you guys. Manhunter is being rescued yet again, but no announcement of a reprieve for Firestorm, one of my favorite books on the shelf.

Whats wrong with you? Do you not like Nuclear heroes? Do you not enjoy fun, quippy heroes with dysfunctional families? Do you just hate the journey of someone who goes from idiot with fire powers to complete fucking badass?

Look at Dwayne McDuffie's opening issue on the (final?) arc of Firestorm.

firestorm33_1.jpg

firestorm33_2.jpg

firestorm33_3.jpg

Bloods End on

• Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey, that's a good idea, so I guess I will now?

Amazon says the first trade comes out at the end of this month too.

http://www.amazon.com/Firestorm-Nuclear-Man-Reborn/dp/1401212190/sr=8-9/qid=1172352687/ref=pd_bbs_sr_9/002-7811303-0222411?ie=UTF8&s=books

robosagogo on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Bloods, I love Firestorm, I actually cried when Ronnie died.

I have the whole run since Jason took over, and it is hells of awesome.

I like it alot due to the fact that is is very remanisent of Captain Marvel when it first started with Genis and Rick Jones.

God I miss Captain Marvel(Genis);

Damn you Thunderbolts there must have been another way, WHY ZEMO WHY!!!

Devlin_Dragonus on
    I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    My dad actually had the 1st edition of Firestorm. Sadly when you have three young boys pretty much everything in your house will at some point be destroyed.

Firefuckingstorm#1. *sigh*

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    Because I can't afford it

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You only need one kidney and a part of your liver, Keith.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well, I just plain don't like black people.

*laugh track*

Seriously though, I've actually heard the series got awesome with Stuart Moore and Jamal Igle, so I've been slowly buying up back issues of the series as I can afford them, since DC's habit of not releasing a goddamn trade for anything but their top sellers, and even then only collecting whatever they feel like, in whatever order they wish, is goddamn annoying.

Munch on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Well, I just plain don't like black people.

*laugh track*

Seriously though, I've actually heard the series got awesome with Stuart Moore and Jamal Igle, so I've been slowly buying up back issues of the series as I can afford them, since DC's habit of not releasing a goddamn trade for anything but their top sellers, and even then only collecting whatever they feel like, in whatever order they wish, is goddamn annoying.

You can get #1-22 for a little less than 50 bucks at mycomicshop.com, which is still cheaper and quicker than waiting for trades, assuming they stick with around 5 issues per trade at $14.99.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Hmmm...it does star a black guy, so I guess I should get up on this. I need to get some extra moneys though, because I really can't afford more back issues right now.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    wait what happened to manhunter

is it coming back again for like the third time

Whippy on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I could have sworn I was dude

Algertman on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited February 2007
    wait what happened to manhunter

is it coming back again for like the third time
    Newsarama wrote:
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When a fan thanked Didio for bring back Manhunter, he revealed that uncanceling Manhunter was Bob Wayne’s idea. He saw the response and thinks he can make this work with the periodicals and the trades. They both took that to Paul Levitz and got a yes. They plan on getting it some extra attention by canceling it every 5-6 months (with the extra bonus of it driving Andreyko nuts). Trades are selling well. They put her in Birds of Prey to give it more exposure, as well.
    [/FONT]

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I don't fully grasp his powers. His appearance and name makes you think he's a generic fire shooter, but apparently he can pretty much make anything into anything? That is hells of powerful.

Lux on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, he's like Atom Eve. He can also shoot fireblasts or something

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    They put McDuffie on this book 5 issues too late.

I'm reading his issues.

Squashua on