As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Temptation Island [Phalla] - Game Over (Zealot Victory! Party Animal Draw)

• Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    you guys just can't keep up with my drinking is all ooOoOOoOooOo

M.D. on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Okay I think I know what's going on. There are definitely two groups of baddies. One group kills people by the "producers saying they didn't want to be on the show anymore" and the other group kills people by poisoning their drinks. Look at the other night narrations to verify.

I think Tommy2Hands was voted out by a Suspicion from a villager, as evidenced by the internet thing. That happened once before as well. I think Kay was vigilanted for saying that all the vigs should out themselves. That's my take on it.

So the fact that Kay was pulled aside because "I heard some rumors about you and wanted to talk about it" doesn't imply to you that Kay was taken out via the suspicion mechanic? 'Cause that is what it sounds like to me.

Darian on
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    Okay I think I know what's going on. There are definitely two groups of baddies. One group kills people by the "producers saying they didn't want to be on the show anymore" and the other group kills people by poisoning their drinks. Look at the other night narrations to verify.

I think Tommy2Hands was voted out by a Suspicion from a villager, as evidenced by the internet thing. That happened once before as well. I think Kay was vigilanted for saying that all the vigs should out themselves. That's my take on it.

So the fact that Kay was pulled aside because "I heard some rumors about you and wanted to talk about it" doesn't imply to you that Kay was taken out via the suspicion mechanic? 'Cause that is what it sounds like to me.

That's how I felt about it too, it just seems like he got a large amount of suspect votes.

Obbi on
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ignore this, I was wrong.
    Varcayn wrote: »
    I should probably read things more carefully when skimming to check if the narration is up then.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    he claimed to not be a vig.

Obbi on
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I should probably read things more carefully when skimming to check if the narration is up then.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kay, who I think is a She, claimed that if she was a vig then she would have done something

Hey, fishhead. What're your thoughts?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

If you'll notice, that is not the text for the suspicion vote. The suspicion vote talks about internet forums and zealot activities related to that person. I think Kay was vig'd.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think Mr. D got what was comin' to him!

Obbi on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hey! D never deserves to be poked like that.

Well ok, sometimes he does.

He's been nicer to me than you have though!

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    In regards to Kay, I don't think he was a vig. I'm pretty sure of that, actually. Chance is good he could've been a guardian, but again that's not absolute. It's hard to determine who's what in this game with the results, and what with only two colors available to choose from...

...My belief is that Green means special. Good or Evil. There are two different groups workin' to get separate goals completed, both of which involve rippin' the village apart.

I believe Kay died to the suspicion vote strictly because Tommy2Hands came entirely out of left field. I think he was a victim of another type of attack.

Obbi on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ah yes, that reminds me. "Oliver," could you step forward for a minute? That's right. Thanks. So, Tommy2Hands, what do you know about the internet? It appears to know a lot about you. In fact, a number of anonymous postings from the Zealots railing against FOX have your name all over them. What do you have to say about that? Well, why don't you just head down to the dock over there and think about it a bit. I'll be with you shortly.

Might be reading too much in it, but it seems like the zealots targeted Tommy here.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Ah yes, that reminds me. "Oliver," could you step forward for a minute? That's right. Thanks. So, Tommy2Hands, what do you know about the internet? It appears to know a lot about you. In fact, a number of anonymous postings from the Zealots railing against FOX have your name all over them. What do you have to say about that? Well, why don't you just head down to the dock over there and think about it a bit. I'll be with you shortly.

Might be reading too much in it, but it seems like the zealots targeted Tommy here.

No, it sounds like Tommy WAS a zealot. Read it again.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

No, it sounds like Tommy WAS a zealot. Read it again.

Read between the lines. The "anonymous messageboard" mention suggests that blackmail is the zealots way to off villagers on the island, in a "post as a villager to tarnish his repute" way.

Or he could be a zealot. There was no kill of this sort on day 1, and Frostmist died the same way on day 2 and was green to boot.

But then this would make Exarch INCREDIBLY suspicious, as he admitted to be masoned with Tommy.

This is getting way confusing.

EDIT: And I'm amazed that no one dared to mention it, but Can the narration links in the OP get fixed please? As of now it just doesn't make sense that we get a quote of the host but no links.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    EDIT: And I'm amazed that no one dared to mention it, but Can the narration links in the OP get fixed please? As of now it just doesn't make sense that we get a quote of the host but no links.

The quote is a link... click the little arrow and it take you to the post. That has also already been asked and answered in this very thread.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    alright cats and kittens.

I'm going to pass out and work tomorrow.

hopefully, they won't keep me late and I'll be home in enough time to figure out what alls been happening.

but just in case I can't.

i'm still voting for Toxic.

Cause he's been wicked quiet, and that's usually a bad sign....

Trust me on this one.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Read it again.

How can an anonymous post have somebody's name on it?

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    Read it again.

How can an anonymous post have somebody's name on it?

If you think of it as a 4chan-esque board, it's definitely possible.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Kay had to have been attacked some how, because kuhlmeye was in red just like all the other people who won the vote the previous nights. Kay OS and CC were the top 3 vote getters, so this confirms vote trickle.

I'm not sure how I feel about green just being special. So far only 6 people have turned up green. If we have just even/odd day vigs, guards, seers, that would be all of them. If we factor the other types that might be included, 6 is a high number, but we aren't that bad off.

But then again, we have nothing to go on letting us know we hit a bad guy yet.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    no other colors have been brought up, that is what leads to my conclusion that green is just "somebody"

this may be because I refuse to believe we're so bad we haven't hit a single bad-guy yet!

Obbi on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I know how you feel. I rather feel that we suck at hitting bad guys then us not ever knowing that we have hit a baddie. That shit drove me crazy in the Witch Trial phalla.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, this is getting very disconcerting to say the least. The narration answered quite a few things for me and we see that Kay did have a role to play, just not what. So, should we look to the people that were vehemently defending Kay for guidance... or for revenge?

Nitsua on
  • Options
    Mark L. WalbergMark L. Walberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

The quote is a link... click the little arrow and it take you to the post. That has also already been asked and answered in this very thread.

Thanks.

Mark L. Walberg on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Looking back at last night's narration, crimsoncoyote and Orange Soda both got axed by a special of some kind. It could be vigilante, it could be the specials trying to cover their ass. I'm leaning toward the latter. The specials didn't want us to know for certain that OS and CC were on their side, so they went ahead and offed both of them before our vote could do it or the vigilante could do it. That's my thought.

So we have confirmed that Kay was a special of some kind, as well as Tommy2Hands. This puts Exarch in a very suspicious light, since Exarch claimed to be masoned with him. Locus is another name to consider, since Orange Soda did mention him as being another baddy in his PM to crimsoncoyote. I'm not sure if OS was messing with us or not, but considering both OS and crimson were killed by what I believe to be baddies, I think more than likely he was a baddy. Which means Locus is as well.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So we have confirmed that Kay was a special of some kind, as well as Tommy2Hands. This puts Exarch in a very suspicious light, since Exarch claimed to be masoned with him.

Masons are generally a type of special, so no, it actually puts Exarch in the "potentially confirmed good" category.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    So we have confirmed that Kay was a special of some kind, as well as Tommy2Hands. This puts Exarch in a very suspicious light, since Exarch claimed to be masoned with him.

Masons are generally a type of special, so no, it actually puts Exarch in the "potentially confirmed good" category.

Oh, really? I was unaware of how it worked, I thought masons were just normal people who knew of each other's existence, they weren't a special. My bad.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Especially considering Tommy2Hands said it first

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Looking back at last night's narration, crimsoncoyote and Orange Soda both got axed by a special of some kind. It could be vigilante, it could be the specials trying to cover their ass. I'm leaning toward the latter. The specials didn't want us to know for certain that OS and CC were on their side, so they went ahead and offed both of them before our vote could do it or the vigilante could do it. That's my thought.

So we have confirmed that Kay was a special of some kind, as well as Tommy2Hands. This puts Exarch in a very suspicious light, since Exarch claimed to be masoned with him. Locus is another name to consider, since Orange Soda did mention him as being another baddy in his PM to crimsoncoyote. I'm not sure if OS was messing with us or not, but considering both OS and crimson were killed by what I believe to be baddies, I think more than likely he was a baddy. Which means Locus is as well.

When I think of the word 'special' in re: phalla, I always think of the good guys (seers and guards and so on). You're, I take it, referring to special as anyone who isn't a vanillager? Specifically, you seem to be referring to bad guys as specials (as in "it could be vigilante, it could be the specials trying to cover their ass"). Just asking for clarification.

I'm not sure that the baddies would have killed one (or two) of their own to prevent us knowing that OS and CC were on their side. That would be, at best, a Pyrrhic victory for them, I'd think.

On the other hand, I know that at least one person cast a Suspicion mechanic vote at cc last night.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

When I think of the word 'special' in re: phalla, I always think of the good guys (seers and guards and so on). You're, I take it, referring to special as anyone who isn't a vanillager? Specifically, you seem to be referring to bad guys as specials (as in "it could be vigilante, it could be the specials trying to cover their ass"). Just asking for clarification.

I'm not sure that the baddies would have killed one (or two) of their own to prevent us knowing that OS and CC were on their side. That would be, at best, a Pyrrhic victory for them, I'd think.

On the other hand, I know that at least one person cast a Suspicion mechanic vote at cc last night.

Sorry, I'm of the opinion that Green means "special in some way" whether that be vigilante, bad person, guard, and apparently masons as well. Which means it's difficult to tell if we actually canned anyone important.

I don't really know how to use my vote now, I'll just throw Locus out there because OS mentioned him in the PM to crimsoncoyote, but I have no real basis for it.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I am also of the opinion that, for this game at least, green indicates anyone not a regular villager.

That being said, I am not a bad guy. I think it's far more likely that crimsoncoyote was removed from the game via the suspicion mechanic. Usually the bad guys like to leave suspicious people alive; those are the people the village/vigilantes are most likely to go after, saving the bad guys some effort. It wouldn't make sense for them to knock off Orange Soda or crimsoncoyote (or me, for that matter) when someone else will do it for them.

I mean, why would they do that, only to have the vote trickle down to kuhlmeye? Why not just let the vote take care of Orange Soda and then kill kulhmeye themselves?

Locus on
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    oOoOOoOo

You guys...

oOoOOoOo

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Yeah, the only scenario I can think of where the bad guys would have gotten rid of os and cc is if they really wanted kuhlmeye gone and thought he would be guarded. Otherwise letting two villagers me the focal point of discussion is absolutely ideal for them.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Do the Zealots have a suspicion vote, I wonder? If they do, that's an extra 3-9 kills for them, depending on their size.

If they don't, we might be able to use that to find them. I cast suspicion on Kay last night, although obviously there's no way to prove that. Tonight there might be ways to prove a vote, however.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Do the Zealots have a suspicion vote, I wonder? If they do, that's an extra 3-9 kills for them, depending on their size.

If they don't, we might be able to use that to find them. I cast suspicion on Kay last night, although obviously there's no way to prove that. Tonight there might be ways to prove a vote, however.

I'd be down, feel free to PM me with who you want me to suspicion.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If we do a "suspicion vote rolecall" or something, it'll need to be public. Make a list of all suspicion votes that have been cast, then group people into threes and aim them at those who haven't had any suspicion yet.

Two potential problems, however. First, the Zealots might get a suspicion vote - this is more than possible, and would mean that we'd cut a swathe through our selves for no gain. Secondly, since dead men tell no tales, we've got no idea if the dead players used their suspicion votes.

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    How about this? Every single person in the game throw out a random suspicion vote (I'm talking RNG) and then people can start flinging accusations tomorrow. If nothing else it'll be interesting :P

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I'm getting a bad vibe from the way Spawnbroker is directing things in the thread.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I went back to see who voted for kuhlmeye. It was Element Brian, even after the extended time and all the back and forth. He just dropped his vote and bounced.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    EipnoomEipnoom Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If we do a "suspicion vote rolecall" or something, it'll need to be public. Make a list of all suspicion votes that have been cast, then group people into threes and aim them at those who haven't had any suspicion yet.

Two potential problems, however. First, the Zealots might get a suspicion vote - this is more than possible, and would mean that we'd cut a swathe through our selves for no gain. Secondly, since dead men tell no tales, we've got no idea if the dead players used their suspicion votes.

I'd worry about the suspicion vote being similar to a group vigilante. I wonder if that's what happened to Orange, Crimson and/or Kay last night. If we just randomly did that we'd probably remove more villagers than zealots.

Then again, I could just be a paranoid n00b.

Eipnoom on
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Work's making me pull a double today, so literally in and out to vote. Sorry, will be cool tomorrow. I'm gonna trust Ahava and her instinct with !Toxic Toys. The amount of games they've been in together, I'd say she should have a pretty good read on him.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready