As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Kingdoms of Phallacia - Day 4 (There is no Day 3)

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    For the moment I !vote for DarkPrimus since I still find the overreaction suspicious.

Man, no one likes my jokes. D:

Seriously, if that's all you have to go on to accuse me, then it's no better than the PsychoLarry bandwagon.

(For the record, I didn't vote for Squashua because I was at work during that time, as I had said I would be earlier in the thread.)

DarkPrimus on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    precisionk always acts like this, so I don't find it particularly suspicious.

For the moment I !vote for DarkPrimus since I still find the overreaction suspicious. jdarksun is also on my watchlist, but I agree with his point about the vigilante so that gives him some credibility in my eyes.

I'll be busy for the next few hours, but I'll check in before voting closes to see if anything develops.

It would be hilarious if he was the last rogue and I some how ousted him because of a joke.

I !retract for Navoc

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

It is pretty obvious to know who the specials are, if there is a stonecutters group and who the network is, simply by the people who jumped at my throat when I voted for Navoc. Next time, play it a tad more cool. You are all lucky I'm not a bad guy this time around, otherwise, you would have just given away your network. Smasher knows whats up and how I play.

Dark looks about as good as anybody. No hard feelings Dark.

I will be out for the night and this is my final vote.

precisionk on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Things do not look good for our hero. :|

What must I do to clear myself in your eyes? I wasn't around during the whole Squasha thing, but the rest of the time I've listened to reason and posted information when it was asked for.

DarkPrimus on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    What must I do to clear myself in your eyes?
    Got any cash? Buy me a hooker, we'll call it square. I'll even return the favour :winky:

Aroused Bull on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    All specials should contact me following tonight's occurrences. I have important information you need to hear.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • NavocNavoc Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    All specials should contact me following tonight's occurrences. I have important information you need to hear.

Is this a joke I'm not getting? Are you claiming something will happen tonight that would give the specials a reason to contact you and reveal themselves? Any explanation you mind offering?

Navoc on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ... intriguing.

Smasher on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Navoc wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »

Is this a joke I'm not getting?
    Not a joke.
    Are you claiming something will happen tonight that would give the specials a reason to contact you and reveal themselves?
    I was trying to be vague, but yes.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    I thought we were working with a generic vig/guard/seer setup, but this doesn't fit that very well, so maybe not. Attracting the vig's attention this way doesn't seem like a very good idea if he were a rogue, so he's got that going for him. Let's hope the specials know what they're doing.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    Things look to be taking off again.

Aroused Bull on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Just a reminder, narration will be (very) late today, as I have work.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well, I guess it's time to make my decision.

I !vote jdarksun

I have to go with my gut, but then again if something comes up I'll jump on the DarkPrimus bandwagon.

Also I'm pretty sure precisionk is innocent, and even though he hasn't been paying attention it would be better to have him around if we could kill a rogue senator instead.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NavocNavoc Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for jdarksun.

I'm not too confident in my vote tonight, but it's the best I have to go on at the moment. Today's been unfortunately quiet, with very little happening (though this looks to change at day's end). Until then, though, I feel the only person of strong suspect is jdarksun. This would probably be different if more people were active today, but such is not the case.

I was tempted to vote for precisionk, but it seems to be more out of annoyance than suspicion. Mainly I question why he even joins the various Phallas when he clearly has no intention of participating to any great degree. He is still a threat though, as he can easily hide behind his intentional stupidity, and few will suspect him of being anything more than an idiot.

Navoc on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for jdarksun. Him trying to shift the vote from Sqashua to Cecil is just too strange.

I'm keeping an eye on precisionk though. He seems to be going out of his way to make it look like he isn't paying attention and has no idea what's going on.

Cantide on
    edited February 2007
    My current count:
    1. precisionk: 4
    2. jdarksun: 4
    3. DarkPrimus: 2
    4. Navoc: 0 (1 retracted)

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    eh, there's not much to go on here really. I guess I'll !vote for jdarksun since he keeps pushing to kill me, and I'd rather not die if I don't have to.
    Also RBB, Dark Primus and Shamus have 20 minutes to vote. Shamus may be getting P. Diddy'd tonight.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited February 2007
    Mmm, just what we need in a game with 17 people. :rolleyes:

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for precisionk. He's crazy. We'd never be able to tell if he was a monster or not, because he would act insane either way.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    :sigh:

Ties are bad.

I !retract for DarkPrimus

I !vote for jdarksun

Smasher on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So, has the voting ended for tonight? Is it safe to assume that Shamus is getting Diddied? I really dislike it when someone joins one of these games and doesn't participate. At least precisionk voted.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Why the hell didn't dark primus vote? He was participating up until a few hours ago and was one of the targets of a vote that he tried to defend himself against.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited February 2007
    Why the hell didn't dark primus vote? He was participating up until a few hours ago and was one of the targets of a vote that he tried to defend himself against.

It is peculiar. :|

-Edit- Really...? No one else has anything to say. Bah. Off to work!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    ...what the hell? You're going to vote for me because I started a bandwagon I didn't intend to?

Fine, whatever. Waste the round on an innocent. God forbid I have a conscience. Just remember what I said: we have a better chance to catch the rogue if the vigilante keeps killing those who act suspicious - like thorgot, PsychoLarry1, and Abysmal Lynx.

^_^

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sorry, was quite busy today..if I can still cast a vote;

I !vote for jdarksun

I don't think he's the rogue, but there's no real good evidence supporting anyone else.

Sorry, bud.

Edit: fixing tags

Shamus on
    edited February 2007
    Why didn't you offer a defense, then? I was willing to change my vote, but you didn't say any of this before the deadline.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    You posted 3 hours after I first voted for you. Plenty of time to say "No, I'm innocent."

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited February 2007
    I wonder how late it will be before we get s'more narration. Hrm.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    He said yesterday that it'd probably be after midnight PST. So another 3ish hours, give or take.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    Visible just IMed me, so we should be seeing the update soon.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    I am SO ready.

-Edit- 50 mins later and still nothing. RBB you liar. =/

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    “…even though he himself did not vote for Squashua. Clearly he is confused, and is having trouble keeping his story straight,” Councillor thorgot concluded, and sat down.

Councillor jdarksun sat quietly in his chair, staring miserably at his hands on the table.

“I still think Councillor precisionk is acting overly strange,” argued Councillor ArrBeeBee. “His decisions seem to have no correlation with ANY of the arguments we have made so far.” He turned to precisionk. “Are you even paying attention?”

“Not really,” precisionk replied as he stood up and twirled a quick pirouette, following it up with a lively jig danced to an ancient funeral chant he hummed softly to himself. Several councillors rolled their eyes in disgust.

“Well, Councillor jdarksun, do you have anything to say in your defense?”

The councillor remained silent.

“Let us have a vote then.”

Candidates were proffered, and ayes and nays were recorded. Eventually, jdarksun was convicted of high treason, and guards were summoned to take him to the gallows. As he was dragged away, he seemed to finally awaken to his peril, and lashed out angrily against the Council. “This is preposterous! I merely counseled discretion and proper thinking! I have done nothing! Unhand me!”

“Perhaps you should have defended yourself when it would have done some good!” exclaimed thorgot. The convicted councillor had no chance to reply before the door slammed behind him.

A councillor in the corner of the room snorted and awoke from his slumber. “Thank you for finally joining us, Councillor Shamus,” Councillor TehSpectre said sarcastically.

“Um, yeah…..er……I vote for jdarksun?” Shamus said, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

“The voting has already concluded,” thorgot replied. “And, I might add, I have significant doubts as to your competence in your position.”

Shamus’s eyes flashed, and he stood suddenly, knocking his chair to the floor. “I take serious offense to that remark, Councillor.”

“I sincerely doubt that you are nearly as offended as I am by your decision to take a nap during a discussion of grave importance to the entire continent of Phallacia,” thorgot snapped.

Shamus slammed his hands down on the table. “I don’t have to listen to this!” he declared, and turned to storm out of the room. However, his foot caught on one of the chair legs, and he tumbled to the ground, turning a half somersault and ending up crashing into the wall, lying on his back with his lower body facing the ceiling. A single second passed, then one of the decorative swords on the wall came loose and plunged point first into his rectal cavity.

“Someone get a healer, this man needs medical attention!” thorgot shouted. The guards entered the room and carefully lifted Shamus to take him to the medical ward. Councillor thorgot shuddered. “Surely this is a sign from the gods. We must take our responsibilities seriously, my friends.” The other councillors nodded somberly, and the assembly was adjourned for the day.

--

Councillor thorgot looked up as someone knocked on the door. “Enter,” he commanded imperiously, and a large man with a dark complexion and a full beard entered the room. “Oh, it’s you. Please have a seat, Councillor.”

“No, I won’t be long. I just came to inform you that Councillor Shamus was unable to recover from his...wound. Apparently, he had completely lost control over his bowels, and suffered from massive internal bleeding. So not only did he suffer the…embarrassment of constant excretion, he was in rather intense pain up until he died.”

“Such a tragedy,” thorgot shook his head. “Of course, you know I disapproved of the man, but to die in such a way…he must have truly offended the gods.”

“Yes. Anyway, on to more serious matters. I know we have formed an alliance of sorts, but I come on behalf of myself and my colleague to inform you that we are severing ties with you.”

An expression of shock crossed thorgot’s face. “But….but why? What reason could you possibly have to do such a thing?”

The bearded man turned and opened the door to leave. “We have reason to believe that you are not who you claim to be. Fortunately, I am in a unique position to…handle these sorts of situations.” He closed the door behind him, and thorgot’s eyes widened as he realized the implications of the man’s words. Swiveling around, he faced a man dressed all in black. “No,” he whispered, “you’ve got it all wrong…”

--

The bearded man walked away from thorgot’s quarters with a sardonic smirk on his face. He gestured to the bodyguards a friend had loaned him, and they fell into place beside him. He ran through the events of the day in his head; thorgot was not the only suspicious one. The next thing he knew he was on the ground; one of the bodyguards had shoved him down and was lying on top of him to provide cover. The other was scanning the hallway for the man who had shot the arrow currently embedded in the woodwork where the councillor’s head had been not a second before. A dark shape broke from the shadows and took off running down the corridor. The standing bodyguard elected not to follow, and instead continued scrutinizing the hallway for other possible attackers. The councillor stood and yanked the arrow out of the woodwork. There was a note attached to it:

Councillors,

Cease your foolish attempts to discover the conspirators. You will all die in the end.

We will brook no opposition…or competition.

The bearded man folded the note and put it in his robe. Then he turned and walked briskly back to his room, making a mental note to thank his friend for the skilled bodyguards.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007
    Summary:

jdarksun: executed; innocent
    thorgot: vigilanted; innocent
    Shamus: assraped by a decorative weapon; innocent

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007
    Also, three things:

1. I know the narration doesn't say that jdarksun and thorgot were innocent. I didn't realize that until I was done, and I don't feel like going back and editing it. It will be in the next narration.

2. The next person who gets on my case for taking too long to write out narration will die a gruesome death. I am not even kidding you.

3. DarkPrimus:

voteordie2.jpg

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007
    It looks as if the vigilante found the guardian. Unfortunately, he also killed an innocent. Hell, an interesting innocent at that.
    Thorgot wrote:

I assume this is what got him killed.....too bad really, both an innocent and possibly a special of some sort at that. An interesting day 2 in all.

-Edit- Also VH I <3 you and if that comment was directed at me, I am just gung-ho to continue on with the Phalla and will not be so much of a jerk in the future.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    -Edit- Also VH I <3 you and if that comment was directed at me, I am just gung-ho to continue on with the Phalla and will not be so much of a jerk in the future.

Don't mind me, I'm just grumpy because it's late and I'm tired.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shit, I really thought jdarksun was evil. Well their goes my theory, both suspects are dead. I'll try and think of something new tomorrow, but for now it is off to bed for me.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    “No, I won’t be long. I just came to inform you that Councillor Shamus was unable to recover from his...wound. Apparently, he had completely lost control over his bowels, and suffered from massive internal bleeding. So not only did he suffer the…embarrassment of constant excretion, he was in rather intense pain up until he died.”
    Grumpy may be applicable. Awesome is more of a correct term.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Oh snap, almost forgot to add Shamus.

Edit: updated narration, summary, and first page (using the power of synonyms!)

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well, that didn't go too well. What do we have to stand on now?

SUPERSUGA on
    edited February 2007
    SUPERSUGA wrote: »
    Well, that didn't go too well. What do we have to stand on now?

I am still leaning towards my precisionk vote for this round because he is pissing me off by not participating. I am pretty much open to any other idea right now.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg