As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 3-25-09: The Hat Trick

13»

• Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009
    Why would they pick Clint as leader though? Isn't he a bit too emotional? And squishable?

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Why would they pick Clint as leader though? Isn't he a bit too emotional? And squishable?

No one else wants the job, so he wins by default.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Darklyre wrote: »

No one else wants the job, so he wins by default.

also he always wanted to be leader

Langly on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    He also lead the Thunderbolts, so he can lead the Avengers oh no I just remembered how much I liked the first 75 issues of Thunderbolts and how awesome it was and how Marvel just screwed it up as well as the Hawkeye/Moonstone relationship oh why, why, Nacy Kerrigan why.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    TexiKen wrote: »
    He also lead the Thunderbolts, so he can lead the Avengers oh no I just remembered how much I liked the first 75 issues of Thunderbolts and how awesome it was and how Marvel just screwed it up as well as the Hawkeye/Moonstone relationship oh why, why, Nacy Kerrigan why.

Please dont remind me of how theyve changed the old Thunderbolts. Next you'll be bringing up that ridiculous fight club change, too. OH GAWD MAKE THE NITEMARES GO AWAY

KVW on
  • Options
    KidDorkKidDork Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Htown wrote: »
    EDIT: By the way, I'm calling it now. Norman Osborn as Sorceror Supreme.

Well, wouldn't that just throw a fuck into things. Maybe later then could just go whole hog and make him the Green Galactus.

I had my lunch money on Doom. Anything that makes Doctor Strange look like he's passing a kidney stone is something I'm all for.

KidDork on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    KidDork wrote: »

Well, wouldn't that just throw a fuck into things. Maybe later then could just go whole hog and make him the Green Galactus.

I had my lunch money on Doom. Anything that makes Doctor Strange look like he's passing a kidney stone is something I'm all for.

I'm just sayin', you know...

Dark Reign

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Dark Reign

I guess that would be one way to make Osborn in Dark Reign make even less sense.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Why would they make a non-magically inclined person the Sorcerer Supreme when there are no less than 3 in the Illumi-Naughty?

Calling that you're wrong. Also calling the new SS will be a hero.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Doom's gotta become SS. He needs all the power he can get due to his eventual showdown with Osborn.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Doom's gotta become SS. He needs all the power he can get due to his eventual showdown with Osborn.
    Why? Osborn has no power!

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Goblin pheromones?

TexiKen on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    goblin has the might of the US GOVERNMENT behind him

see, this is allegory

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Osborn could just as easily become sorcerer supreme as he could the leader of SHIELD (HAMMER). He has no qualifications for either position.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That's completely and utterly wrong. Osborn ran a Fortune 500 Company, he knows at least a little something about management. He's also a certifiable genius (and a certifiable nutcase, too, but you know). What are the qualifications to be head of SHIELD/HAMMER? What does Tony have Norman doesn't?

Norman doesn't do magic. Don't be silly.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I guess running the thunderbolts is also something he could put on his resume for the job.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Thinking about Osborn's rise to power reminded me of something Hannibal Lectar said in Silence of the Lambs. I don't have the exact quote but he was lamenting on the fact that he was wasting away in prison instead of either being "put to use" or just killed out right. Although Osborn got to the position he's in currently by himself (we think), he was put in the Thunderbolts position by those in power. Just something to think about.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Thinking about Osborn's rise to power reminded me of something Hannibal Lectar said in Silence of the Lambs. I don't have the exact quote but he was lamenting on the fact that he was wasting away in prison instead of either being "put to use" or just killed out right. Although Osborn got to the position he's in currently by himself (we think), he was put in the Thunderbolts position by those in power. Just something to think about.

And the only reason it was halfway acceptable is because Ellis is a good writer. The halfassed "nanos" explanation was shit. Trust me, thinking about it does not help.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Dark Reign

Granted, there's no logic here worth meriting discussion. But let's put it this way: Strange was Sorceror Supreme for 46 years. Dark Reign will be over by the end of the year.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Then he's probably due some vacation time isn't he?

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I believe the proper term is that he's being put out to pasture.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Put out to stud you mean :winky:

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    But he left Night Nurse to go on his finding himself schtick.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    And that was what they stripped him of the sorcerer supreme title for, gross stupidity.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    It's the Curse of the Marvel Moustache. Stark had a stash, and he lost everything.

Strange has a stash, and now's he's wandering the world like David Carradine without a pot to piss in.

Wanna know why Wasp had to die? Yep.

KidDork on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It's the Curse of the Marvel Moustache. Stark had a stash, and he lost everything.

Strange has a stash, and now's he's wandering the world like David Carradine without a pot to piss in.

And Stan Lee's?

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    143999 wrote: »

And Stan Lee's?

Who Wants To Be A Superhero?

Nuff said.

KidDork on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Virral wrote: »
    Put out to stud you mean :winky:

Nope. That was what he had been doing.

Crimsondude on