As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Temptation Island [Phalla] - Game Over (Zealot Victory! Party Animal Draw)

• SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote:
    Ah, speaking of the bigwigs, they would like to speak with you, FrostMist. It seems one of the anonymous websites the Zealots have been using to badmouth the show has your name on it. If you could just take a walk down to the helicopter pad there, I'll be with you in a moment. Thanks.]
    And Spawn is using the same kill the next night to say who ever died because of that is bad.

It really makes more sence to vote for a place holder vote then people that are shady.

Yes...and? Looks like suspicious activity, doesn't it? Could be a villager's suspicion vote. Could be a vigilante. All we know is the person who is running the game is telling us they are zealot sympathizers. Forgive me for thinking they're zealots when we have no information.

And yeah, as stated before, Toxic is getting bandwagoned for posting videos, I'm getting bandwagoned because I was really bored today and posted a lot with random speculation to try to make sense of what the hell is going on. Apparently that's 'suspicious' behavior.

Anyways, time for a vote count. Incoming soon.

KILL Votes:
    Toxic Toys: 9
    Spawnbroker: 9
    Element Brian: 2
    Darian: 2
    Obbi: 2
    Dac Vin: 1
    JaysonFour: 1
    Ultros64: 1
    Arasaki: 1
    visiblehowl: 1

Singles Votes:
    Wildcat: 2
    Loxx: 1
    TheLawinator: 1
    Eipnoom: 1
    moleface: 1
    Astraphobia: (1) - Element Brian is single, can't vote for them
    Obbi: (1) - Malkor is single, can't vote for them

Couples Votes:
    Obbi: 5
    Element Brian: 1

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    LaOs likes to narrate how and when people die, not post it in the results. I know this for a fact because he narrated the first phalla I ever ran. He wrote the narration, I wrote the results and wrote the roles. He outed the vig in the narration, but no one ever caught on because people don't read it.

Fucking read the narration! LaOs told us the website is the zealots kill! Read the narration, be3cause that is the best part of the game and all the answers we need most likely are in there.

And yes this is meta gaming, but really we are getting fuck hard in this game. We need all the help we can get.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Toxic Toys and !Wildcat.

Kings is a damn fine show.

Astraphobia on
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Spawnbroker because when you don't understand a game, you cause mischief.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
    edited March 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Fucking read the narration! LaOs told us the website is the zealots kill! Read the narration, be3cause that is the best part of the game and all the answers we need most likely are in there.

And yes this is meta gaming, but really we are getting fuck hard in this game. We need all the help we can get.

I did read the narration, and that is not what it says.

It says the anonymous website is being run by the zealots. You know what this means if someone is suspected of being connected to that website? That they're a zealot. Hey look, all villagers happen to have a suspicion mechanic that they can use every night. Imagine that...the two people removed from the island in this manner were suspected of being zealots.

This does NOT mean that the zealots use the website to get people off the island, that's ridiculous. I'm more inclined to believe that the zealots are poisoning people's drinks or convincing them to leave the island, which are the other two death narrations in the game.

Claiming that you know more about the nature of the narrations when all of us know exactly jack and shit about the kill mechanics is just a ploy to deflect votes off of yourself. We just happen to be the two most vocal people in the thread right now, so we're getting all of the votes because nobody has anything to go off of.

Spawnbroker on
  • ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm kinda tryin' to figure out this uh, Vocaloid2 thing. It is confusin'.

I really don't like switchin' around my vote just because the guy gettin' bandwagoned doesn't want to die, and the other guy I don't particularly find suspicious.

Obbi on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Going by Spawnbroker's account it's tied right now.
    I'm curious if there will be shenanigans.

!TheLawinator

durax on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Spawnbroker looks like a better target than Toxic Toys.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    not sure what to make of the TT/spawnbroker thing, so !Element Brian

I'm not gonna do a singles vote tonight because we still don't know what, if anything, happens if we break up all the couples.

in fact, doubt we'll get an answer, but worth a shot:
    Does the game end if all the couples are broken up?

SaraLuna on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    i'll go with Spawnbroker but I am not reading all that shit you guys have wrote.

Its time for shots!

The_Reflection on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Claiming that you know more about the nature of the narrations when all of us know exactly jack and shit about the kill mechanics is just a ploy to deflect votes off of yourself.

OK that is bullshit. People have different styles when hosting a game. Knowing your host can help you win a game. It work for the village the last game I ran, so don't say it doesn't matter.

I'm not evil and you might not be too, but instead working together we are going at each other. It's not like there weren't plenty of other people that made more sence you could have voted instead of me. The easy target.

I'm asking people to vote out who they think is/would be least helpful.

Then have a dance party.

Toxic Toys on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »

I did read the narration, and that is not what it says.

It says the anonymous website is being run by the zealots. You know what this means if someone is suspected of being connected to that website? That they're a zealot. Hey look, all villagers happen to have a suspicion mechanic that they can use every night. Imagine that...the two people removed from the island in this manner were suspected of being zealots.

This does NOT mean that the zealots use the website to get people off the island, that's ridiculous. I'm more inclined to believe that the zealots are poisoning people's drinks or convincing them to leave the island, which are the other two death narrations in the game.

Claiming that you know more about the nature of the narrations when all of us know exactly jack and shit about the kill mechanics is just a ploy to deflect votes off of yourself. We just happen to be the two most vocal people in the thread right now, so we're getting all of the votes because nobody has anything to go off of.

Oh hell.

Anonymous message board. I don't know what's in your mind when these words are put together, but if we take 4chan as an example, then it IS the zealot kill. Think about it: the zealots post as the victim on the board, the officials notice it, the victim is removed from the island because of it. Blackmail, pure and simple. The only reason not to think otherwise is a) Missing kill on day 1, and b) both victims as of now were green.

Hopefully we'll get another color soon to clear this up.

Dac Vin on
  • MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm going with Spawnbroker. I don't really like it, but the bandwagon on Toxic seems to make even less sense. I also need some Wildcat action.

And yes Kings is very excellent.

Maximus on
  • Mark L. WalbergMark L. Walberg Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    not sure what to make of the TT/spawnbroker thing, so !Element Brian

I'm not gonna do a singles vote tonight because we still don't know what, if anything, happens if we break up all the couples.

in fact, doubt we'll get an answer, but worth a shot:
    Does the game end if all the couples are broken up?

No.

Mark L. Walberg on
    edited March 2009
    you can tell the village is in trouble when the host actually answers questions like that.

Obbi on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Obbi wrote: »
    you can tell the village is in trouble when the host actually answers questions like that.

It shoud be a signal for mass panic, but as they say,the opera ain't over until the fat lady sings, right?

Dac Vin on
    edited March 2009
    ok, so all the couples could be broken up safely, but then we'd lose the "ice a single vote" which would be powerful in the hands of a group of networked goods

SaraLuna on
    edited March 2009
    Well sure, but if we don't use the single vote, then we lose the single vote...
    I guess what I am saying, in later days we'll have to decide which one is more important (I don't have any real clue about which vote does what).

durax on
    edited March 2009
    it looks like all the single vote does is create 2 more singles

SaraLuna on
    edited March 2009
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Obbi wrote: »

It shoud be a signal for mass panic, but as they say,the opera ain't over until the fat lady sings, right?

I 2nd that. If we were doomed it would be game over man.

As for the couple vote, I really don't want to loose it because it doesn't hurt and as far as we know it may help.

Toxic Toys on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ugh. Sorry about not being so active, guys - I've just moved into my new dorm room and still trying to figure out what the hell I need to do to get it in order. Also, not having regular internet is an issue.

From what I'm gathering, the two main people being bandwagoned at the moment are Toxic and Spawnbroker - one because someone voted for him as an old grudge-style thing and that bandwagoned, and the other because they were trying to help us out?

Man. I don't like it, but I'll vote for !Spawnbroker, if only because it makes slightly more sense than voting Toxic.

simonwolf on
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Seems like it's only really between two people now and I'm having a real hard time deciding. Since I don't want to be counted as inactive I'll vote Spawnbroker in my next post.

Nitsua on
  • JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'm thinking... !Toxic Toys and !B:L.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Spawnbroker for the general retardedness of the Toxic Toys bandwagon.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Spawnbroker

Nitsua on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    For the love of EVERYTHING, people!!!

What the hell are you DOING voting for Toxic!?!?!

STOP DOING THAT!!!

STOP IT!

Seriously!

lonelyahava on
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    For the love of EVERYTHING, people!!!

What the hell are you DOING voting for Toxic!?!?!

STOP DOING THAT!!!

STOP IT!

Seriously!

look at this

look

now stop voting toxic

Doxa on
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !ElementBrian as an alternative

Doxa on
    edited March 2009
    Anyone got the latest votecount? Or a good reason why Toxic shouldn't go home?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It was a placeholder!

Cause I didn't know if I'd be home on time!

I'm going to do the same thing tonight!!

Cause work is living hell right now!

Sonofabitch.

I always, ALWAYS vote for Toxic when I have nothing else to do. It's our love/hate/hate/hate/hate/love thing we got going.

!lelemental brian

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2009
    !SpawnBroker is in the lead by quite a few.

durax on
  • iamtheaznmaniamtheaznman Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    !Spawnbroker and !Obbi. From the gist of things I think this is about right.

iamtheaznman on
    edited March 2009
    Well.... hmmm...

!retract Toxic Toys, !Spawnbroker.

I'll try it your way for a night, I guess.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    I don't think Spawn should go either.

he's at least trying to create discussion, which is about all that we have to go on right now....

Seriously, stop voting for Toxic.

lonelyahava on
    edited March 2009
    I'll go ahead and change my vote to Element Brian, because he's the only one even worthy of suspicion right now to my knowledge. And yes, I'm in the lead by quite a bit, here's the current vote count by my knowledge for the kill:

Spawnbroker: 19
    Toxic Toys: 9
    Element Brian: 5
    Darian: 2
    Obbi: 2
    and a whole bunch of people with 1.

Edited for accuracy from the last couple of posts.

Spawnbroker on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    If Ahava and Toxic are actually both zealots

I swear to God there will be retribution

Burnage on
    edited March 2009
    FUCKING THANK YOU AHAVA! I'm glad you finally showed up. I told you people this shit!

Element Brian is who we should be voting for. I want to vote him first untill I got pushed by Spawn. Like I said before I don't think he's evil. I'm just more useful.

Toxic Toys on
    edited March 2009
    Burnage wrote: »
    If Ahava and Toxic are actually both zealots

I swear to God there will be retribution

I personally will help. I will find a way to rain down fire and brimstone and burn both of them alive.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Elemental Brian it is, because I trust Toxic Toys.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    if Ahava and Toxic are both zealots

I want to shake their fuckin' hands

but bleh, I'll admit, I'd sooner go for !Element Brian than Spawnbroker.

Obbi on