As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

In the Land of Broken Dreams

13»

• Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Inter_d wrote: »
    as a child i wanted to be an archaelogist after seeing Jurassic park, then a cartoonist after becoming a huge calvin and hobbes fan, and finally a video game designer, specifically characters and objects and such.

soo..i guess conceptual artist for a videogame developer. Currently going to an Art Institute to learn 3D modeling and animation....soo...it's...in...progress...

the unrealistic one? for some reason, as a child, ...I wanted to be a Black cyborg.
    'cism

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Good grief, I just remembered this one:

Back when I was around 9 or 10 I had no concept of what coupons were. I thought that if you clipped a coupon you get that item for free. My friend Morgan and I decided we were going to build a car so that we drive around and go on adventures. Well for months I would look through the Sunday Paper as well as any other print I could find with coupons, clipping and collecting. Then I went to the library and checked out literally 20 car guides so that I would know how to build said vehicle. I guess it was around that time that my mother decided to break the news to me that when you have a coupon for something it isn't free. I cried. a lot.

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    When I was a kid, I was obsessed with weather. Bad weather, in particular. I saw some NOVA special on tornadoes and tornado chasers and decided I wanted to do that. Over time, I tempered it to wanting to be just a meteorologist. As I progressed in my studies in school, it became clear that I probably would not enjoy studying that sort of thing. I still have a barometer I made from some weather kit I got in 4th grade.

At some point it became clear that I loved computers, so I'd follow in my father's footsteps as a computer programmer. I took all the computer classes in high school. I entered college as a computer science major. But, like others in the thread, math became my undoing. I got the hang of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry in high school. Calculus, though, was something I could not wrap my brain around. I also took another required class called Discrete Mathematics and ended up with a D.

I ended up getting a degree in history, then my master's in library science. I'm now a librarian at a pretty nice newly-renovated library. My computer background turned out not to be a waste, as I'm often called upon to fix computer issues in the branch.

SteevL on