As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New forum: Graphic Violence

• BrinkBrink Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Xieflow wrote:
    and CT proves exactly what I'm talking about.
    You take that as proof of your idea when actually they were just joking with you and greeting you in that special SE way.
    uber-dork

Brink on
    ;)
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2005
    ...and what's more I've just made a rule that you can't post in the monkey den, on pain of banning. If you press the issue, the punishment will be delivered retroactively.

Fag.

Tube on
  • denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited May 2005
    Xieflow wrote:

Some of us would prefer to actually be able to discuss this stuff without digging through all that BS, though.

I think that's a valid complaint though once again it goes back to the kind of experience you're looking for. One is sure and steady. The other is different and open. Neither is better or worse, they are just different.

denihilist on
  • tsplittertsplitter Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    SE++ is not that bad to new people. i've posted there and lived to tell about it. its just you have to be someone who wouldnt mind getting his eye holes raped if such a time came is all.

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited May 2005
    It's like you guys have this weird version of SE in your minds and never even went there. And you're just telling stories of stories, repeating the same-old stereotypes and legends.
    We're all pussy-cats. Just don't pull our tails.

MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • BrinkBrink Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    I'd like to exempt myself from the pussycat metaphor, please.

Brink on
    ;)
    edited May 2005
    It's like you guys have this weird version of SE in your minds and never even went there. And you're just telling stories of stories, repeating the same-old stereotypes and legends.
    the only time ive ever seen someone get assaulted on SE++ was a troll. otherwise someone sometimes calls someone else retarded, but thats it.

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    tsplitter wrote:
    the only time ive ever seen someone get assaulted on SE++ was a troll. otherwise someone sometimes calls someone else retarded, but thats it.
    I find that if you announce that you're new or from some other board, SE++ will jump all over you. If you just act natural and pretend you've been there all along nobody notices.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited May 2005
    tsplitter wrote:
    I find that if you announce that you're new or from some other board, SE++ will jump all over you. If you just act natural and pretend you've been there all along nobody notices.
    thats what i did. it also helps to not be an ass hole in general.

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
  • GrathGrath I'm a much happier person these days Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    i hear in SE car drives you!

Grath on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    And for god's sake don't make a thread in your first month (at least), unless you can take whatever flames you get without getting defensive or angry. That's how I've seen a lot of people crash and burn.

Smasher on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    I wonder if there will be "Graphic Violence (NSFW)" threads in Graphic Violence.

I think, were I to visit and see one such thread, I would smile.

And my heart would grow two sizes bigger.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    denihilist wrote:
    It sucks for casual conversation.

that's because SE is for casual conversation.
    Not that casual. I mean I enjoy, you know, staying on topic, and not have people hurling faggot jokes every three posts in what I read.

Edit:example:
    Defender wrote:
    Why do we need SE anyways, all the other forums have chat threads

Because I don't want to wipe my ass with those faggots, let alone converse with them.

I just don't like the way movie threads, etc are done in D&D, because everything just gets buried. I don't want to have to dig through 65 pages of thread to see what everyone thinks about With Teeth. It would be nice to be able to have a discussion about an album, or a movie besides Star Wars or Sin City where someone isn't trying to change the subject to a different movie in the next post. And god forbid I go to sleep, I don't want to remember what page of a massive thread we were talking about something, and I don't want to bring something up from seven pages back and get flamed for it.

It just seems silly to me.

deadonthestreet on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Mordrack wrote:
    How are comics not Artist Corner material?

They are inferior to what AC has to offer.

and EE has changed so drastically the name of the forum was changed. Why did we need to change it? Why the fuck do we need some profound, immaculate post in order to post in there? It's gotten to the point that a misplaced letter or comma is a jail on site. I'm not saying I don't LIKE the discussions. I'm just saying I'd like my handcuffs loosened a bit when I go in there.

The Muffin Man on
  • bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    You know what I'd like to see? More hyperbole. If you're going to make wildly inaccurate claims, put some effort into it.

EE wasn't changed to D&D to discourage every fuckwit too stupid to work the chat button from posting about their day in there during the split--it was done to fuck the poor out of a job.

You don't get jailed on site for having a comma out of place--you get jailed for thinking about spelling ridiculous with an e.

You weren't going to send a card for Mother's Day--you were going to fly in from across the country and rent your mom a petting zoo.

You get the idea.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    I'd just like to stop by and say that most of you are being unspeakably stupid. This may or may not serve as an indication the you might BE unspeakably stupid, but that's really something that has to be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Also Grath, I thought you left. Too much of a pussy to even run away crying properly, eh?

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH
    edited May 2005
    Yeah. I just started posting in SE++, and it's not all that different from the other boards.

I find if you are not a dick in general, nobody cares what you do and you won't get flamed.

It pays to be a nice guy on the internet, unless you are or dealing with pheezer.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Oh man, this thread is great.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Dyrwen66Dyrwen66 the other's insane Denver CORegistered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Mordrack wrote:
    How are comics not Artist Corner material?

They are inferior to what AC has to offer.
    Plus, AC is there for Artist's that post on the board to discuss their own works. Not to post works by other folks, except in the rare "Post your favorite artist" threads that happen. AC is where comics are made and critqued, so once it gets produced and gets a fan base it becomes GV material, I'd imagine

Dyrwen66 on
    Just an ancient PA person who doesn't leave the house much.
  • Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    pheezer FD wrote:
    I'd just like to stop by and say that most of you are being unspeakably stupid. This may or may not serve as an indication the you might BE unspeakably stupid, but that's really something that has to be considered on a case-by-case basis.
    My, what a respect-engendering attitude.

It'd be rather nice if you guys stopped being cocks unnecessarily.

Salvation122 on
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    gold

this can only get better

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    I think the stereotype about SE++ being unfriendly is not true. My problem with that forum is that you need to have a significant amount of time to spend there in order to get anything out of it. That's not necessarily a flaw per se, but it certainly limits the ability of a casual forumer to engage in casual conversation.

Regina Fong on
    edited May 2005
    That is a very good insight jeepguy.

Also Tom of Finland olol.

denihilist on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited May 2005
    That's true.

Moriveth on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    I find every forum to be perfectly fun and friendly on its own, and as soon as you make even a passing mention of one of the other forums it's all "I hate those cockmunching elitist fagtrots", etc. I can't tell if that's wonderfully ironic or just deeply stupid, though.

tynic on
  • StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    I like the comic forum. I also like the fact that it makes people bitch and moan about other shit. That's real entertainment.

You guys think SE is tough, man Meta will fuckin eat you alive. CT runs that place with an iron fist.

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
    edited May 2005
    I sometimes read in D&D but since i dont have a strong opinion in anything at all i really cant contribute much there

tsplitter on
    FqmsaJ6.png
    edited May 2005
    tynic wrote:
    I can't tell if that's wonderfully ironic or just deeply stupid, though.

A little of Column A, a little of Column B.

denihilist on
    edited May 2005
    Thanks for listening guys, I'd give you all a great big hug, or buy you a pizza if I could.

deadonthestreet on
  • taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Thanks for listening guys, I'd give you all a great big hug, or buy you a pizza if I could.

there are many places where you can buy pizza online, and have it delivered to a certain address

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited May 2005

there are many places where you can buy pizza online, and have it delivered to a certain address

Including everquest, oddly enough. You must first go on a quest to get the enchanted cheese, then level up to level 3 in dough-making, and with the help of a rescued gnome, make a delicous pizza. Then, pay $9.95 to send it to someone.

yalborap on
  • taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    yalborap wrote:

Including everquest, oddly enough. You must first go on a quest to get the enchanted cheese, then level up to level 3 in dough-making, and with the help of a rescued gnome, make a delicous pizza. Then, pay $9.95 to send it to someone.

what?
    no

papa johns

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    I love how people always bitch about digging through a thread to find where they left off.

It's like they don't even know about the "go to first unread post in this thread" button beside every unread thread.

Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Orthanc wrote:
    I love how people always bitch about digging through a thread to find where they left off.

It's like they don't even know about the "go to first unread post in this thread" button beside every unread thread.
    I never noticed that until just now. It's really hard to spot... just a tiny little page icon colored slighly differently than the page icon next to the page numbers below it, with an arrow next to it.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    Orthanc wrote:

I still can't find it, and I certainly wasn't aware of the existence of this button previously.

-edit-

Nevermind, it's the tiny little arrow. There's no reason anyone would assume that little bit was clickable, let alone that it was the "go to newest unread post button" unless they chanced to hover over it.

Regina Fong on
    edited May 2005
    Orthanc wrote:

I was going to say the same thing but decided to let them stew in their own misfortune.

denihilist on
  • The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited May 2005
    bone daddy wrote:
    If you have an interest in comics or toy based there-on, please check out our brand new shiny-ass forum.
    So this would be the apt place to place a permenant Warhammer 40K thread instead of a few half-assed ones in G&T or SE++ or god-knows-where-else?

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
    edited May 2005
    Orthanc wrote:

That doesn't help if say I stop in for 5 minutes to check in on the G&T chat thread and don't go read the Movie thread. Next time I come back, it won't bring me to the post I want it to. It'll bring me to the last post made after I last logged in.

deadonthestreet on
    edited May 2005
    So we're not even arguing about the forum anymore?

Cool.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • PheezerPheezer Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2005
    jeepguy wrote:
    Orthanc wrote:

I still can't find it, and I certainly wasn't aware of the existence of this button previously.

-edit-

Nevermind, it's the tiny little arrow. There's no reason anyone would assume that little bit was clickable, let alone that it was the "go to newest unread post button" unless they chanced to hover over it.

Don't be too embarassed. I asked alpha once to implement this as a feature, too.

Pheezer on
    IT'S GOT ME REACHING IN MY POCKET IT'S GOT ME FORKING OVER CASH
    CUZ THERE'S SOMETHING IN THE MIDDLE AND IT'S GIVING ME A RASH