As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Things you have done in an airport

124»

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Weaver on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    mully wrote: »
    WHAT AM I GOING TO HIDE IN MY CHEST THAT I COULD POSSIBLY TAKE OUT AND USE ON A PLANE?

Chest rockets.

Darth Waiter on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Only airports I've been to in the last decade are Las Vegas and Seattle-Tacoma. Rather like both as far as airports go, not that I have much basis for comparison. Great restaurant in Seatac I can't remember the name of.

Wasn't there someone here that really hated the Vegas airport for some reason?

Ledneh on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Only airports I've been to in the last decade are Las Vegas and Seattle-Tacoma. Rather like both as far as airports go, not that I have much basis for comparison. Great restaurant in Seatac I can't remember the name of.

Wasn't there someone here that really hated the Vegas airport for some reason?

Me.

Weaver on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited March 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • SniperLogicSniperLogic ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Nicest airport I have been to was in Greenville, SC. If only for the fact that there was no one there. It is really quite surreal to walk out of an airport and not be instantly assaulted by smog/traffic/honks/50 billion taxis. Nothing there – just…quiet.

Quite peaceful, really. Though the puddle-jumper they put me in for my connecting flight in Charlotte about made me muss my pants a few times.

TSA is always fun as well. I usually travel with 2 laptops, a PDA, a DS or PSP, and assorted other electronic tomfoolery.

SniperLogic on
    Steam/PSN: StandrdDeviation
    BNet: StandrdError#1826
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I don't like SeaTac because they held me up for 45 minutes to pay $16 on some cigarettes and then they didn't have change of a $50 so I had to wait another 10 minutes while they ran around looking for change and pennies and shit.

Then they searched all my other stuff.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    $16 for a pack of cigarettes? Christ.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
    edited March 2009
    It was 800 I think.

That Dave Fella on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    maybe it was a carton of luckies?

PiptheFair on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I pooped in the airport in Philly once. It was pretty terrible. That place is a total shit hole.

I got into the only fully functional stall in the bathroom (the only one with a door, functioning lock, and paper) and pooped.

Unfortunately, this stall was also host to the only working speaker installed in the entire bathroom, which hung, like the fruit of some bizarre ancient electronics tree, from the lead wires. In an effort, presumably, to make announcements audible along the entire length of the room, someone had upped the volume on this unit rather than install additional ones.

Thus, right in the middle of my sordid business, I suddenly hear,
    CRN WU HV FOOT MFSCRT T TRMMNMLE THIRDYEVVN

My butthole clenched up so tightly with the shock that I was unable to finish until after I got on the plane.

MrMonroe on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    It was 800 I think.

800 what

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Does anyone in here speak jive?

IvanIssacs on
    edited March 2009
    Fandyien wrote: »
    It was 800 I think.

800 what

carrolls, an irish brand

cigarettes that is

That Dave Fella on
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    One time I had to spend a couple hours in the Oakland airport.

That place is boring.

And I was flying to fucking Reno so I didn't even have anything to look forward to.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Has Heathrow finally done away with that stupid one piece of carry-on policy?

Every other airport allows 2. When I flew to Paris a couple years ago, there was a stopover in London. I brought 2 pieces of carry-on, since that's what every other airport allows, only to be notified at Heathrow that I can bring one.

This led to a frantic effort to cram all my shit into one bag.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png