As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GM CEO to resign (Obama bites instead of barks)

1235»

• Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Harrier wrote: »
    You know, no matter what you think of GM's current state, the new Camero is a fine piece of work.

if by Fine piece of work you mean over weight, underpowered, and over priced.

variant on
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    variant wrote: »
    You know, no matter what you think of GM's current state, the new Camero is a fine piece of work.

The base model is only $2k more than the base Mustang, and it's better engineered for that.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    variantvariant Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

The base model is only $2k more than the base Mustang, and it's better engineered for that.

whoops, I was thinking of the Challenger for some reason. The SE model of that is slow and heavy, but then again, so is the mustang. Atleast the new camaro still has a low 6 0-60.

Camaro looks decent (looks great actually) but considering it's GM I'll wait and see how good it is once it comes out.

variant on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

The Cobalt SS is pretty goddamn magnificent

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Not to take this off topic, but I'm surprised some of you don't know what Neoliberalism is.

Duki on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Duki wrote: »
    Not to take this off topic, but I'm surprised some of you don't know what Neoliberalism is.

That's mostly because that name is basically never used in the US, since liberalism in general is rarely used at all and pro-business + nominally Democrat has run under so many under names in the last couple of decades.

werehippy on
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hoz wrote: »
    Detharin wrote: »
    Any point during Bushes last 2 years would have made an excellent example.
    You mean when he managed to put the right people in place to turn the Iraq war around? Those last two years?

Dude, you are thick. It's the public's job to decide whether the President should step down or not. What happened in this situation wasn't the GM CEO recognizing that he didn't do a good job or can't do the job effectively from now on, it was him recognizing that GM has a better chance of getting bailed out if he stepped down (in other words, him recognizing the political reasons). It's the external pressure that made him resign.

Yeah. As far as can be told Rick Wagoner is just as smart as all of the other GM CEO's who have led the company into this situation. He's in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it's impossible to say with any sort of empirical evidence that he's the worst CEO GM has ever had, he's just presided over the period when the company has done worst, a situation primarily caused by a recession GM had no control over.
    In other words, not his fault. Well, at least mostly not his fault.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    werehippy wrote: »
    Duki wrote: »

That's mostly because that name is basically never used in the US, since liberalism in general is rarely used at all and pro-business + nominally Democrat has run under so many under names in the last couple of decades.

Sure, but I mean they're fairly simple academic terms. Just thought you'd be versed in them since you're obviously interested in politics.

No big deal though, really.

Duki on
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

whoops, I was thinking of the Challenger for some reason. The SE model of that is slow and heavy, but then again, so is the mustang. Atleast the new camaro still has a low 6 0-60.

Camaro looks decent (looks great actually) but considering it's GM I'll wait and see how good it is once it comes out.

Yeah it isn't like GM has been producing class-leading sports cars recently or anything...

2009-pontiac-g8-gxp.jpg
    2008_chevrolet_cobalt_ss_10_gallery_image_large.jpg
    chevrolet-corvette-zr1-2.jpg

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    GungHo wrote: »
    It was Mr. Gatti's Pizza.
    Ugh, Mr. Gatti's is the one brand of pizza I don't like. The single, solitary brand. I'll eat pizza from anywhere else, but I can't stomach Mr. Gatti's.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Ugh, Mr. Gatti's is the one brand of pizza I don't like. The single, solitary brand. I'll eat pizza from anywhere else, but I can't stomach Mr. Gatti's.
    You never went to Chuck E. Cheese, I gather?

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Gosling wrote: »
    You never went to Chuck E. Cheese, I gather?
    I don't think we actually had one in my town for the longest time. We have one now, but I don't remember it being there when I was a kid.

But heck, even Peter Piper Pizza is better than Mr. Gatti's.

Harrier on