As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

BATTLE!

2»

• Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yes, well, no thanks to you.

Spectre-x on
  • Darken RahlDarken Rahl Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Maybe this isn't the place to ask, and if so I apologize, but where do you guys actually battle? Ive lurked in a NUMBER of battle threads, and it takes nearly a month to get started, with many of the same sketched put up to show character, yet the actual battles are scarce. Am I missing something? I like the battles Ive seen, but there's not enough bloodletting. ;)

Darken Rahl on
    imtoobigfrenbook.jpg
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    Spectre-x wrote: »

Yep. I'm definitely the only person to blame here. Thanks.

Grifter on
  • Benjamin.Benjamin. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Maybe this isn't the place to ask, and if so I apologize, but where do you guys actually battle? Ive lurked in a NUMBER of battle threads, and it takes nearly a month to get started, with many of the same sketched put up to show character, yet the actual battles are scarce. Am I missing something? I like the battles Ive seen, but there's not enough bloodletting. ;)

Here's the place to be, the first round is just starting now.

Benjamin. on
    15661_s.gif
    edited February 2007
    Grifter wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »

Yep. I'm definitely the only person to blame here. Thanks.

I keed, I keed.

I wasn't blaming you in any case, I just meant that you had no real impact on the thing.

Spectre-x on
  • IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2007
    I'll be punching spec in the face one of these days, so I'm glad this thread is here. Bastard dog zapper.

I always fall out when theres a structure, I have to much crap to do to remember forum deadlines.

Iruka on
  • The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Iruka wrote: »
    I'll be punching spec in the face one of these days, so I'm glad this thread is here. Bastard dog zapper.

I always fall out when theres a structure, I have to much crap to do to remember forum deadlines.

That's the beauty of the design of the new tourney. If people fall out, it doesn't hurt the entire tourney so badly as before.

Well, unless you do it in the middle of the battle part...but that's just rude now.

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
    edited February 2007
    I cant predict what projects I'll be hit with, one week I may have no time to dedicate to drawing for fun, and some I have much more, basically, any pressure is bad pressure, I couldn't help being rude if time simply did not allow. I can really only go about it in the summer.

No matter. I don't want to fight anyone but spex. Our business is unfinished. Also, I rather enjoy enlongated battles between just two people. Like when DMAC and SO went at it.

Iruka on
    edited February 2007
    I am right here, missy. So long as you do it after the second of March, I am fine with anything you try to throw at me.

Or rather, you can expect a response to whatever you do only after the second of March.

Spectre-x on
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The battle tournament is starting, and it's killing me that I can't join. One of the main selling points to this Art Corner (aside from the critique) was this fun little side event.

But my hands are tied; I already had a character, but his concept and execution is so difficult to put onto paper that I lack the skills to fully express his potential (Hell, i'd settle for even half of the potential). That, and i'm extremely busy with website/Creative Suite basic practice, so my time is gone.

Maybe next year when i'm at full sail or something.

Godfather on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Godfather wrote: »
    The battle tournament is starting, and it's killing me that I can't join. One of the main selling points to this Art Corner (aside from the critique) was this fun little side event.

But my hands are tied; I already had a character, but his concept and execution is so difficult to put onto paper that I lack the skills to fully express his potential (Hell, i'd settle for even half of the potential). That, and i'm extremely busy with website/Creative Suite basic practice, so my time is gone.

Maybe next year when i'm at full sail or something.

Only the first round is set in stone. The tournament is set up so people can jump in and out after any round, depending on how much time they have!

You might be busy now, but you could be free for the second round! I think the deadline for second round entries is the 17th of March, so it's not even a month away.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Depends on the time that I have, but what I wanted to do was be comfortable so that for each of my entries I would try to accompany it with an animation of sorts. I'm going to study animation you see, and i'm sure it would be good practice. Whether this would be allowed or not is anyone's guess.

Depends if I have the free time in the future.

Godfather on
    edited March 2007
    WAHAHAHA.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg

With no deadlines you can take your sweet time in responding, princess.

Iruka on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I take back what I said in your thread, Spex. I love Iruka.

MagicToaster on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited March 2007
    Fuckin. A. :^:

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    :lol: oh man, that is awesome.

NightDragon on
    edited March 2007
    Oh it is on like Donkey Kong.

Spectre-x on
    edited March 2007
    first installment of my most virtuous and righteous vengeance upon you, Iruka!

irukabattle1or1.jpg
    irukabattle2jl9.jpg

More pages to come in the future!

Spectre-x on
    edited March 2007
    All battles should really be fought in malls.

Anyways.
    I'm waiting, Spex.

Iruka on
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    See, now, why aren't you over at the REAL battle, Iruka? You should sign up for the second round. That shit would be white hot there.

I'm doing my part to get people to go to the PA Battle Site. My battle is particularly luscious and should be savored.

http://paacbattle.joncairns.net/phpBB2/index.php

Now you kids skee-daddle!

multimoog on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Damn.. I just checked out the official battle forums and there's a lot of impressive stuff in there! Also this here spontaneous ass-kickery is rockin my socks off. PAACers know how to battle, dawg.

TheBog on
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So what shall it be? Do you join the Revolution or do you die here? Join! Die! Join! Die!

Mayday on
    edited March 2007
    Fuck Deadlines. I don't want to worry about the goings ons of a whole tournament. I have history with spex, obviously, but I don't really have any motivation to fight with all the people in the battle thing. I mean, this is my spring break, so I had time to do these pages, and when Spex responds I can wait until another break, no pressure. I'd rather do this at a pace where our battle can be epic, and maybe spex wont be so predictable. maybe.

I'm glad that whole thing is working out for you guys though. I mean, thats cool. Have fun with that. I'll certainly watch it.

Iruka on
    edited March 2007
    I'm torn as whether to join the PA:AC battle or not.

On the one hand, I think i've got some fantastic ideas that would really alter everything in the competition story wise, and a character that would really shake things up as well combat-wise.

However, my drawing skills are not up to the same level as many of the others there; what hope do I have at this competition when i'm still struggling with the human anatomy and basic skills? These are really only a concern to me because for my entries to really shine so that they don't absolutely bug the crap out of me, i've got to get to a standpoint in which these issues aren't that big of a deal for me when i'm at least drawing the comic.

I don't want to be guessing on everything is what i'm getting at. But oh man, if I could only draw what I have envisioned in my head...

Godfather on
    edited March 2007
    Another page of battle!

irukabattle3rd3.jpg

Eat it like cake! Cake that punches you in the face!

Still more to come.

Spectre-x on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    That last panel is hilarious. Nice use of perspective!

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Very rad indeed.

earthwormadam on
  • TwoRightFeetTwoRightFeet Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Bwahaha. Damn, Spex...your stuff never fails to make me pick up a pad...

TwoRightFeet on
  • The CelestialThe Celestial Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Just an fyi, voting on the first round entries has began over at the tournament sub-forum.
    You do have to register an account to vote, but that shouldn't take too long.
    http://paacbattle.joncairns.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=3

The Celestial on
    celbmb8.png
  • Ape2001Ape2001 Otaku GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wow Iruka, what a pity you don't like the sweet pressure of the tournament :/

Don't you have some friends you could lure into this? I got two who registered and one already fought in Round One. I really like the feeling of the tournament story being something big...

Don't overlook Cel's announcement to vote.

Ape2001 on
    - SF42012 Gen replays and anime trailers http://www.youtube.com/user/derBene
    - great animation focused website http://www.catsuka.com
  • Sir PeechizworthSir Peechizworth Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Iruka wrote: »
    All battles should really be fought in malls.

Spex wrote:
    Eat it like cake! Cake that punches you in the face!
    BAHAHAHAHA, that sounds delicious. This thread delivers.

Sir Peechizworth on
    If it don't Blam, we don't want it.
  • red_wyrnred_wyrn Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Wow, this even got me posting again.

"This thread delivers" ... indeed.

red_wyrn on
    Somewhere out there is a person just like me.... and i bet that he's boring as hell too.

no drugs were used in the making of this art
    edited March 2007
    Comic thumbnails for my intro comic for the battle tourney. Started on the script late one night, planned out the pages during the other two:

Comicthumbnails1.jpg

Comicthumbnails2.jpg

And yeah, they're way too small.

It's my first time to do a comic, so I don't really know jack-shit here. Story takes place in Dr. Dastard's lab.

(Fun fact: Buckwolfe is in the transparent aluminum container in the page 2 thumbnail)

Godfather on
  • Emperor JustinEmperor Justin Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    If i'm a complete "New Guy" to the forums, and don't know anybody, can i still get down on this? This is pretty boss. So's that PA battle site. awesome stuff!
    EDIT- my above query also applies to the bitchrod awesome PA battle forums. i'm pawing through the archives now and DAMN. that is soe really cool stuff right there.

Emperor Justin on
    Author, artist and Divine emperor of The Justinian Empire
  • Creambun 007Creambun 007 Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Spectre's always trying to start shiz.

Creambun 007 on
    Diggity.