As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

High Quality Green Tea Powder

TetsugenTetsugen Registered User regular
edited March 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm located in Canada and am looking for an online store that sells high quality green tea powder. I'm not talking about rebadged North American shit, I want stuff that the Japanese actually hold in high standards. Does anyone have a decent recommendation for a brand and online store that ships to Canada?

Tetsugen on

• Options
    saggiosaggio Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Tetsugen wrote: »
    I'm located in Canada and am looking for an online store that sells high quality green tea powder. I'm not talking about rebadged North American shit, I want stuff that the Japanese actually hold in high standards. Does anyone have a decent recommendation for a brand and online store that ships to Canada?

http://www.murchies.com

saggio on
    3DS: 0232-9436-6893
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    http://www.japanesegreenteaonline.com/greentea.htm

You'd want the Ajirogi matcha. Although if your not used to drinking it i'd start off with the cheaper Matchas first

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    whats so good about green tea powder?

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I imagine its what used in green tea ice cream, frozen/mixed drink, and green tea salt (yummy on edamame)

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    HypatiaHypatia Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

It's a difference in culture if I remember correctly. Most cultures use the tea leaves and remove them from the water when it's ready to drink (hence tea bags). In Japanese culture they grind the leaves and mix it with the water so that there's no residue/stuff you need to take out when you drink it. That way there's no waste (tea leaves you have to throw out) and at a guess you wouldn't need as much tea per cup of water.

Hypatia on
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hypatia wrote: »

It's a difference in culture if I remember correctly. Most cultures use the tea leaves and remove them from the water when it's ready to drink (hence tea bags). In Japanese culture they grind the leaves and mix it with the water so that there's no residue/stuff you need to take out when you drink it. That way there's no waste (tea leaves you have to throw out) and at a guess you wouldn't need as much tea per cup of water.

That sounds like it would taste awesome.

brandotheninjamaster on