As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I think I fucked up and put everyone into a world of hurt.

2»

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2009
    You are now not only committed to asking her out, but also marrying her, having 3 kids, and agreeing to paint the living room some god-awful shade of peach.

Wait, no.

You aren't committed to anything at all. My bad; sometimes I get those mixed up.

Jeez, if I was locked into a relationship every time I mentioned to someone that I liked some girl, I would have to move to Utah.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    hmm... social interaction doesn't seem to be your thing.

You should look into that.

I think his problem is forethought not social interaction. Think about what you are going to say/do before say/do it Elite. You will avoid a lot of problems that way.

Just wondering if you have ever been diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome.

Advice part: You can like lots of girls. It is not like, "I love pizza! Now I can never have any other food."

meeker on
  • Options
    SarcastroSarcastro Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think over time most people develop the ability to be in thier own situation, rather than a situation other people put them in. It may sound a bit strange OP, but the only difference between one and the other is the attitude you take towards it.

Don't be so worried about not giving people what they want. You can't please everyone, no matter what. So figure out what you want from the situation and go from there. Over all, if you're a good guy, and do what you can where you can, you don't need to compromise yourself for the whims of others. Steer your own boat, as it were.

Meanwhile, you got a golden opportunity. Have fun with it.

Sarcastro on
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    meeker wrote: »

I think his problem is forethought not social interaction. Think about what you are going to say/do before say/do it Elite. You will avoid a lot of problems that way.

Advice part: You can like lots of girls. It is not like, "I love pizza! Now I can never have any other food."

Yes, but I try not to let it get me down. Its been tough, but I battled it for all these years before I knew I had it, so I try to put it out of my mind as much as possible.

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Yes, but I try not to let it get me down. Its been tough, but I battled it for all these years before I knew I had it, so I try to put it out of my mind as much as possible.

Whoa, I meant EliteLamer, Brando. But I have known a few people diagnosed with it and their social interaction is about on par with what I have seen from the OP.

meeker on
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Whoa, I meant EliteLamer, Brando. But I have known a few people diagnosed with it and their social interaction is about on par with what I have seen from the OP.

My bad.

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    have you tried being upfront and honest with people

you'd be surprised how effective it is

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!