As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Kingdoms of Phallacia - Day 4 (There is no Day 3)

• GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Damn you! My terrible secret has been revealed!

P.S. That's why I specified that he couldn't control nature. :lol:

P.P.S. Whoops. Okay. So upon further review, originally I didn't specify that. I did now though. Retroactive-like. Anyone got a problem with that?

GrimmyTOA on
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Navoc wrote: »
    Why would he have expected the specials to contact him, out of curiosity? I mean, it makes him look suspicious, and it does nothing to convince specials to actually risk revealing themselves just to contact him. Nothing about thorgot makes sense to me... I think I'm going to have to reread your post again.
    I thought that was strange too, especially since I had already done that same call out for specials based on his request, and since he was already in contact with the guardian and vigilante. What he told me was that he was trying to see if there were maybe some extra specials, as unlikely as that is in a game this size.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Smasher wrote:
    After voting closes I pm him and tell him my target, and he hooks me up with thorgot (who claims to be the seer) and the guardian.

Then the narration comes, and Eaglelaser dies in a very seer-ish way (more on that later). The guardian and I both become wary of thorgot due to this, and agree to swap PMs.
    This is really odd, why the hell would Thorgot want to lie about this sort of thing? Was he eager to be part of an alliance so that he would be protected from the vote as well as have the guardian on hand if he believed the baddies were out to get him? The final idea could be instead of him being in a 3rd rogue group, could he have possibly been a party that could choose to join either one of the bad guy groups, or the good guys? If so, he may have been gathering information on you and your little group of innocents so that he could betray you later on, this works well with the idea that he wanted all of the specials to come out of hiding to him, so he would know who needed to be eliminated the quickest. It is all very interesting.
    Smasher wrote:
    1) Eaglelaser was the seer. This I'm almost positive of, as the mystic having visions (ie, seering) fits in perfectly with the theme of assassins and bodyguards doing the work for me and the guardian respectively. In addition, note that the rogues have assassins as well, again fitting the theme.
    This is pretty obvious. Eaglelaser was the seer. I don't think there could be more than one seer in the game when it was this small.
    Smasher wrote:
    3) There are several indications that there are more than one groups of rogues. Eaglelaser's mystic tells him:
    quote:
    “It is strange, milord. I’m having trouble with the vision. Normally I see red hostility or the bright light of benevolence, but this man has neither. All I can see is the tainted yellow of greed and avarice; far from virtues, to be sure, but hardly dangerous.”
    This is what I based my Thorgot idea on, as I assumed Eaglelaser was seering him due to his weird call on the specials to PM him. He had no special powers per-se, but he wasn't totally innocent and could possibly go evil if he saw fit.
    Smasher wrote:
    Finally, we have this note attached to the arrow:
    quote:
    Councillors,

Cease your foolish attempts to discover the conspirators. You will all die in the end.

We will brook no opposition…or competition.
    Again, a reference to a seperate group.
    I think you are correct in your thoughts. Opposition being the innocent councilors while the competition being another group vying for power.
    Smasher wrote:
    2) The narration didn't have any hint of thorgot being a traitor. I can't really counter this one much, except to say that it could well be a part of being invisible.
    Remember my theory, he may not have been a traitor....yet.
    Smasher wrote:
    So, now that I've raped your eyes with text: Am I missing something? I wouldn't be at all surprised if I had, so rip my theory apart if you can, please.
    What about Larry in all of this? He was the one who set you up with Thorgot in the first place, could thorgot have made him his ally and used this to his advantage? Larry is the only loose end that isn't tied up in your post.

Great stuff though, I <3 the long and detailed posts. ^^

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    GrimmyTOA wrote: »

P.P.S. Whoops. Okay. So upon further review, originally I didn't specify that. I did now though. Retroactive-like. Anyone got a problem with that?

Nice ninja edit.

You ninja.

I !vote GrimmyTOA.

Bold orange
    means it's a superspecialawesome vote from me. It counts as 53.4 million votes.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for GrimmyTOA for calling an icestorm down on me.
    I will probably change my vote later, Grimmy. Probably.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007

Nice ninja edit.

You ninja.

I !vote GrimmyTOA.

Bold orange
    Now would this count as a village vote, or a "Sword falls into his ass" type of vote? :P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Smasher wrote:
    3) There are several indications that there are more than one groups of rogues. Eaglelaser's mystic tells him:
    quote:
    “It is strange, milord. I’m having trouble with the vision. Normally I see red hostility or the bright light of benevolence, but this man has neither. All I can see is the tainted yellow of greed and avarice; far from virtues, to be sure, but hardly dangerous.”
    This is what I based my Thorgot idea on, as I assumed Eaglelaser was seering him due to his weird call on the specials to PM him. He had no special powers per-se, but he wasn't totally innocent and could possibly go evil if he saw fit.
    Note that Eaglelaser was already dead by the time thorgot did that callout.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007

Nice ninja edit.

You ninja.

I !vote GrimmyTOA.

Bold orange

Dancing around and shouting that I'm a ninja kind of negates any possible ninjaness on my part, don't it?

P.S. -- DarkPrimus, if I die tonight because I was the first person to acknowledge your icestorm issue from yesterday -- I'll be severely ticked off. :lol:

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    Smasher wrote:
    quote:
    Note that Eaglelaser was already dead by the time thorgot did that callout.
    I am a failure. Maybe it was by chance that the seer had seer'd him? Well, I still like me theory, as far-fetched as it may be.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Nice ninja edit.

You ninja.

I !vote GrimmyTOA.

Bold orange

Dancing around and shouting that I'm a ninja kind of negates any possible ninjaness on my part, don't it?

P.S. -- DarkPrimus, if I die tonight because I was the first person to acknowledge your icestorm issue from yesterday -- I'll be severely ticked off. :lol:

You'll probably doubly pissed if it was because the GM was bored and decided to make a silly post about you being an ice mage.

Re: your ninja-ness; maybe you're just a bad ninja.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007

You'll probably doubly pissed if it was because the GM was bored and decided to make a silly post about you being an ice mage.

That too. :evil:

GrimmyTOA on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    This is a lot to take in, I can't wait until the game is over so we can learn what was up with Thorgot.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    This is a lot to take in, I can't wait until the game is over so we can learn what was up with Thorgot.

I'm a bit confused.

The stuff about who the seer was is all unsubstantiated and probably disproven, correct? What about this stuff TehSpectre and Smasher are saying about more than one faction?

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    The stuff about Lord Cecil Eaglelaser being the seer, or the stuff about Thorgot claiming to be the seer?

GrimmyTOA on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I'm a bit confused.

The stuff about who the seer was is all unsubstantiated and probably disproven, correct? What about this stuff TehSpectre and Smasher are saying about more than one faction?

I'm pretty sure Laser was the seer, but I can't be sure. It wouldn't surprise me if their where two groups, but I can't really tell with the evidence at hand.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Navoc wrote: »
    As for Thorgot's call for specials to contact him:
    thorgot wrote:
    Since we don't know all the rules, there may be one or two more specials out there. I'm going to post in the thread requesting that "all specials contact me."
    So yeah, we didn't miss out on anything there.

Why would he have expected the specials to contact him, out of curiosity? I mean, it makes him look suspicious, and it does nothing to convince specials to actually risk revealing themselves just to contact him. Nothing about thorgot makes sense to me... I think I'm going to have to reread your post again.

Honestly, I don't know why. I didn't worry much about it because at that point I'd already decided to kill him. That, plus 1) I doubted (and still do) that there are any more villager specials, and 2) If there were any, I doubted they would contact him anyway. I agree with your confusion though.

Visible has stated outright that there are secret roles:
    I'll tell you guys most of the roles. There are a couple I want to keep secret, though.

That doesn't necessarily mean thor got was one of them, though.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007

I'm a bit confused.

Lemme try this again; ahem:

I believe that Thorgot was a special....that wasn't really. I think he was working for one of the rogue groups, or possibly could join a rogue group after a certain amount of days. This would require him (if he was smart) to find out who the seer,vigilante,guardian, and the other assorted specials there were in the game. (Hence his last minute and strange post about the specials contacting him.) He was so worried about getting this information, he lied about what role he played in order to get "in" to the innocent alliance and gain some info on who everyone was.

I think he was going to betray the innocents at some point and join up with the strongest faction. Think of him as a mercenary if you will. That is just my theory.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    I believe that Thorgot was a special....that wasn't really. I think he was working for one of the rogue groups, or possibly could join a rogue group after a certain amount of days. This would require him (if he was smart) to find out who the seer,vigilante,guardian, and the other assorted specials there were in the game. (Hence his last minute and strange post about the specials contacting him.) He was so worried about getting this information, he lied about what role he played in order to get "in" to the innocent alliance and gain some info on who everyone was.

I think he was going to betray the innocents at some point and join up with the strongest faction. Think of him as a mercenary if you will. That is just my theory.

You'd think if he wanted to get in with the rogues, he would have just PM'd Squashua or AcidSerra on the first day, before things went down.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    You'd think if he wanted to get in with the rogues, he would have just PM'd Squashua or AcidSerra on the first day, before things went down.

Maybe he did. Hard to say, at this point.

Also, we didn't really know that Squash and AS were rogues until the narration. I mean, things looked funny, for sure -- but funny enough that Thorgot would risk contacting a potentially innocent person and offering to be a double agent? Maybe not.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007

Yeah, it seems a little far fetched. If the rogues and he were smart, they'd have had plenty of opportunities to get in contact without resorting to something so blatantly reckless.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    Well, I'm heading out in about half an hour, and I may not be back before the voting closes, so I'm going to put in a !vote for Precisionk. He's too unpredictable in every game to get a real read on, and in this one he's straight up useless.
    If you guys want to know anything I haven't already spoken about, ask soon.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited February 2007
    Here is the vote count thus far.

Precisionk - 8
    DarkPrimus - 2
    GrimmyTOA - 0 (1 retracted) (but has one bold orange vote. xD)

-Edit- Abysmal Lynx still has a vote unaccounted for. Ze voting deadline is in 1 1/2 hours. Updated at 7:28 PM CST

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    I !retract my vote for GrimmyTOA.

Don't know who I'm going to vote for seriously yet.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    I !vote for precisionk again, for the same reasons as last time. He's too unknown a variable.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    My bloody internet connection has decided that it rather likes being erratic as all hell over the last half an hour or so. I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep posting, so in order to forestall any divine retribution I'm going to get my vote in now -- even though I've really still got nothing to go on.

I will, at least, have the advantage of consistency. I !vote for Precisionk.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    I really don't think precisionk is a rogue, but I !vote for precisionk just so we don't have to deal with people voting for him every time.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    I really don't think precisionk is a rogue, but I !vote for precisionk just so we don't have to deal with people voting for him every time.

Is there anyone else you think we should be voting on Smasher? o.O

-Edit- Right now we don't really have any ideas to go on as to who might be a bad guy. I would rather take precisionk out since he isn't contributing anything, than say someone who has been posting something only to find out their innocent. That that point we lose a poster and we keep the silent, yet annoying precisionk around.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • NavocNavoc Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I think it's pretty clear precisionk is going to die tonight, but regardless, I !vote for precisionk.

As others have said numerous times, he is completely unpredictable. At worst, we remove a completely usesless innocent who clearly had no intention of participating and contributing. We also remove the suspicion people will always have, wondering whether or not he is a rogue hiding behind a veil of lunacy.

Navoc on
    edited February 2007
    I will, at least, have the advantage of consistency.
    Ironically Precisionk has been the most consistent, voting for Dark Primus both days.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited February 2007
    Ironically Precisionk has been the most consistent, voting for Dark Primus both days.

That's pretty funny, actually.

What did I ever do to piss him off so? :P

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007

Is there anyone else you think we should be voting on Smasher? o.O

Not really, for pretty much
    -Edit- Right now we don't really have any ideas to go on as to who might be a bad guy. I would rather take precisionk out since he isn't contributing anything, than say someone who has been posting something only to find out their innocent. That that point we lose a poster and we keep the silent, yet annoying precisionk around.

that exact reason. If I did, I'd either vote for them (if I could make a case for it) or vig them (if I were going off a hunch).

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    You didn't, say, admit to him that you were a traitor or anything did you? :lol:

Just asking, is all.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    No harm done Smash, it just seemed like it was a mild attack on me, since I have voted for precisionk 2 days in a row now. Just backing my vote up.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    No harm done Smash, it just seemed like it was a mild attack on me, since I have voted for precisionk 2 days in a row now. Just backing my vote up.

Nah, not at all. My day 1 hunch was correct, but I could be totally wrong about pk. It's happened before in other games.

Smasher on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007

:winky:
    :winky:

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007

Eh when I have a hunch and some info, then I go with it. I suggest looking at Mr. Primus after I die tonight, seeing as I will die innocent.

Meh, looks like Im gone this evening. Good luck to everyone, your going to need it.

precisionk on
    edited February 2007
    precisionk wrote: »

Eh when I have a hunch and some info, then I go with it. I suggest looking at Mr. Primus after I die tonight, seeing as I will die innocent.

Meh, looks like Im gone this evening. Good luck to everyone, your going to need it.
    Not gonna bother to vote either? Bye.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    precisionk wrote: »

Not gonna bother to vote either? Bye.

Thanks for reminding me.

I !vote for DarkPrimus.

precisionk on
    edited February 2007
    Mr. consistent indeed :P

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    Mr. consistent indeed :P

I will live vicariously through you Smasher.

precisionk on