As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Darkfall] Now with More Wang!!

• Options
    Zero-ControlZero-Control Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Badwrong wrote: »
    Finally unsubscribed.

Way way way way to much grinding.... the pvp is awsome. But I liked the concept of being very viable in pvp at day one, that slowly becomes obsolete.

This is lunacy. If you want a game that doesnt allow you to better yourself with effort then frankly, screw you!!! A grindtastic game is a game where you gain little to no actual progress for all your work, and you are useless until you spend days, weeks, months playing.

This game is somwhat similiar to EVE....although you do gain by playing not over time necessarily... there is no way to progress faster in EVE.

But you jump into this game and you can starting being useful, you are damage, you can gather any resource, etc.

Now does that mean that someone whos been playing longer, skilled up more, and has better gear is going to beat you... I SURE AS HELL HOPE SO!!!!!! WHAT KIND OF WORTHLESS GAME LETS NOOBS KILL EXPERIENCED PLAYERS.... THATS CALLED A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER!!!!

sorry...better now..... this game is not WoW, you arent incapable of killing high level players, but skills do help a bit. Maxing out Rigor makes you take less damage right, but thats like 15% less damage or maybe less, its not OMG I cant hit you.

Maybe I am not understanding what you are not liking but you can pvp till the cows come home and progress in gear and skill ups while being quite viable. You just have to pick your battles and play smart. Dont get outnumbered without an escape route handy and try to get the jump on em.

So where is the grind in that? Unless by grind you mean repeatedly doing the actions that define this game, i.e. gathering loot, making gear, killing players...in which case, duh.

Zero-Control on
    (League of Legends Summoner: Zero Control)

yourzeero.png
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Finally unsubscribed.
    Way way way way to much grinding.... the pvp is awsome. But I liked the concept of being very viable in pvp at day one, that slowly becomes obsolete.
    This is lunacy. If you want a game that doesnt allow you to better yourself with effort then frankly, screw you!!!
    I cried.
    WHAT KIND OF WORTHLESS GAME LETS NOOBS KILL EXPERIENCED PLAYERS.... THATS CALLED A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER!!!!
    I laughed.

Truly, an emotional rollercoaster.

Glal on
  • Options
    TagTag Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    @Z-C
    I think part of the problem with PvP based games is that players fighting players want to be on equal footing with their opponents, such that a loss or a win is based on their skill rather than a stat modifier stacked for or against them. From a certain context, in battle you can have a rookie and a veteran. The rookie might make more mistakes than the vet (which would get him killed or injured) but a bullet/arrow/axe/whatever to the head will kill them both just the same.

Sadly there are few games ever that do the whole "realistic damage instead of hp" thing (I can only think of one fighter, from a friends Dreamcast system like, 8 years ago). And while a few FPSs do a great job in the above scenario on a small scale, there's no game I'm aware of that does it on the "epic battle" scale only possible in MMOs.

Tag on
    Overwatch: TomFoolery#1388
    Black Desert: Family Name: Foolery. Characters: Tome & Beerserk.
    (Retired) GW2 Characters (Fort Aspenwood): Roy Gee Biv
    (Retired) Let's Play: Lone Wolf
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Glal wrote: »
    Finally unsubscribed.
    This is lunacy. If you want a game that doesnt allow you to better yourself with effort then frankly, screw you!!!
    I cried.
    WHAT KIND OF WORTHLESS GAME LETS NOOBS KILL EXPERIENCED PLAYERS.... THATS CALLED A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER!!!!
    I laughed.

Truly, an emotional rollercoaster.

yeah I guess I could have clarified that in the case of an FPS, its in game character experience, not the guy sitting at the keyboard....but the rant had taken on a mind of its own.

Zero-Control on

yourzeero.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Tag wrote: »
    @Z-C
    I think part of the problem with PvP based games is that players fighting players want to be on equal footing with their opponents, such that a loss or a win is based on their skill rather than a stat modifier stacked for or against them. From a certain context, in battle you can have a rookie and a veteran. The rookie might make more mistakes than the vet (which would get him killed or injured) but a bullet/arrow/axe/whatever to the head will kill them both just the same.

Sadly there are few games ever that do the whole "realistic damage instead of hp" thing (I can only think of one fighter, from a friends Dreamcast system like, 8 years ago). And while a few FPSs do a great job in the above scenario on a small scale, there's no game I'm aware of that does it on the "epic battle" scale only possible in MMOs.

I 100% agree, this is the game I am waiting for, you must blend an FPS twitch type experience, with an MMO equipment or skill system. The idea would be somthing like Huxley...only it doesnt suck.

My prediction for the future:

Blizzard is working on a next gen MMO, what if it is in fact Universe of Starcraft, and its an FPS MMO like huxley????? Dare I dream.

Zero-Control on

yourzeero.png
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I'd be suprised if Blizzard had the balls to go and make something like an FPS out of nowhere

Although I guess they have the capital to take risks now

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    ArghyArghy Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Arghy wrote: »
    The zergs are kinda pissing me off now, hyperions rolling so deep they've pretty much forced DUSK to join forced with coalition of chilling so we can roll 400 men deep and thats no fun for everyone involved.

My experience with larger scale battles so far, including numbers involved (us : them)...

-First defense of Mehatil (against VG/CoP) - 50 : 100-120
    -First defense of Sunstone (against CoP) - 30 : 25
    -First siege of Apautan (against CoP+friends) - 40 : 50-70 (rose as battle progressed)
    -Second defense of Mehatil (against RUS+friends) - 8 : 100+ (yeah, we won this one anyway)
    -Defense of TSG Hamlet - 50 : 150-200
    -Third defense of Mehatil (against RUS+friends) - 100 : 100 (maybe more)
    -Second siege of Apautan, first stage - 100 : 100 (maybe less)
    -Second defense of Sunstone - 32 : 30-40
    -Second siege of Apautan, second stage - 30 : 50 (our numbers rose and theirs dropped as it progressed)
    -Second siege of Tiquiya, second stage - 90 : 100 (or whatever goons+kgb+VG had, we thought it was around 100. This may be hilariously wrong, but we did go in expecting to lose badly.)

Both times Hyperion attacked Tiquiya they definitely had overwhelming numbers, although more in the 125-150 : 50-75 range.

The point of all those numbers is to show that, while there have certainly been some unbalanced fights, there have also been a ton of even ones. One good thing about the siege mechanics is that they force you to spread yourself around. You have to defend at the same time you attack. If you're one big clan, with just one city, you only have to split into two groups. But if you're a bunch of clans with a bunch of targets, it gets kinda crazy. Last night, for example, we (Yssam coalition + Hyperion) were undertaking two siege assaults (while defending the two hamlets used to initiate those assaults) AND also trying to defend two allied cities (one Yssam, which we lost, and one Hyperion, which was saved).

Hahaha yeah i def know we had under 100 at the second tiguiya fight, the trip to yssam had us losing 4-6 people to lag/crashes and we lost even more once we finally got there but i dont know how many VG there was there. I saw 20 VG atleast and they had a nice defensive line before the keep i heard, we also went expecting to lose badly haha hence why we declined to bind at the chaos bindstone with KGB.

Arghy on
    Ask me about the holocaust.
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Zzulu wrote: »
    I'd be suprised if Blizzard had the balls to go and make something like an FPS out of nowhere

Yeah, but they also have a publisher who will NEVER let them take another risk for the rest of their lives.

We'll be seeing Starcraft, Diablo, and WOW expansions until WOW dies in another 4 years or so, then... who knows? Probably another Starcraft or Diablo. Can't risk hurting the cash cow.

KiTA on
  • Options
    BadwrongBadwrong TokyoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    This is lunacy. If you want a game that doesnt allow you to better yourself with effort then frankly, screw you!!! A grindtastic game is a game where you gain little to no actual progress for all your work, and you are useless until you spend days, weeks, months playing.

This game is somwhat similiar to EVE....although you do gain by playing not over time necessarily... there is no way to progress faster in EVE.

But you jump into this game and you can starting being useful, you are damage, you can gather any resource, etc.

Now does that mean that someone whos been playing longer, skilled up more, and has better gear is going to beat you... I SURE AS HELL HOPE SO!!!!!! WHAT KIND OF WORTHLESS GAME LETS NOOBS KILL EXPERIENCED PLAYERS.... THATS CALLED A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER!!!!

sorry...better now..... this game is not WoW, you arent incapable of killing high level players, but skills do help a bit. Maxing out Rigor makes you take less damage right, but thats like 15% less damage or maybe less, its not OMG I cant hit you.

Maybe I am not understanding what you are not liking but you can pvp till the cows come home and progress in gear and skill ups while being quite viable. You just have to pick your battles and play smart. Dont get outnumbered without an escape route handy and try to get the jump on em.

So where is the grind in that? Unless by grind you mean repeatedly doing the actions that define this game, i.e. gathering loot, making gear, killing players...in which case, duh.

Magic is a grind in Darkfall. Period.

I'm not sure why you resort to words in CAPS and WoW comparisons... I merely said that Darkfall has grinding. Whether you want to "fool yourself" into not noticing it, thats upto you.

Alot of people seem to really go outta their way to defend Darkfall. Because they, like me, want to believe that the concept of it all is perfect. And for the actual PVP battles it is... Darkfall is a great game in that regard.

But it still has "some" major grind that doesn't need to be there. I put the word "some" in quotes so you dont get defensive over it. Because my point is that not all of the game is grindtastic. When you are in an actual pvp battle, that obviously is not a grind (unless you wanna be literal because you pvp over and over). But the dynamics of pvp and warring clans is anything but a grind, in itself... I already had alot of fun with that part of the game. But the rest of it is in fact a grind.

I don't want to be 100% equal with everyone in the game at day one, as far as character stats are concerned. Like you said thats an FPS. But the huge grind to raise any sort of stats in Darkfall is there, and its boring. I agree you can occupy yourself with mainly pvp to get some of that done, but that in fact turns the pvp into a grind. The EVE comparison here does not work at all, because you directly set a skill to train, with a definitive result.... the grinding is invisible to you when raising your skills. And in EVE, you really can be viable in a short time, because the gameplay had different roles that even a noob can fill. Having the biggest baddest titan ship isnt the only useful thing in EVE's pvp. A player thats a week or so in, can train the right skills to be a tackler, which puts them right into the action with veteran players. In darkfall... a new players role is extremely limited to just basic abilities, and without some grind in one way or another, they wont be changing their role very quickly. They dont need to make it so that people are min/maxing their stats quickly... but they need to add some quick gains, while keeping the long term gains as well. Right now, its all centered around long term gains.

Its a great game though. I just dont feel like playing a grind right now... maybe another time though, cause like I said, its a great game with awsome pvp.

Badwrong on
    Steam: Badwrong || Xbox: Duncan Dohnuts || PSN: Buc_wild

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited March 2009

Blizzard doesn't usually innovate so much as do what's already been done, but do it perfectly. However, what did they ever do with all the work they put into Starcraft: Ghost? They have to be planning on putting all that toward something they're working on. (Could be the secret other game they're supposedly working on and not an MMO though.)

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    EllthiterenEllthiteren Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Magic is certainly a grind, although the majority of characters don't need anything beyond 50 lesser magic (mana to stamina, takes about 15 hours of attended macroing, if you go that route). Eventually you hit 75 lesser magic (launch, probably takes another 25 hours if you try to grind it), and then you can basically be done with magic unless you're trying to specialize in it.

For melee, you can use any type of weapon right at the start and they all do decent damage. You get knockback/power attack at 25, which is a couple hours of fighting. And you can also wear any armor right at the start. Same with archery - you can use it right away, it does good damage, and you can get away with scale armor (which is better than most people will be giving away to new players).

Personally, I think it's a good design decision to make it really hard to get people to high level magic and then keep them there (reagent use is rough even at the level 1 elemental magics). At this point, it seems fairly unlikely that there will be clans with massive numbers of mages simply because it takes numerous people to support each mage. Unless you grind like crazy.

It is kind of nice to not regularly be facing massive numbers of AoEing mages, and to have most fights primarily involve archery and melee combat.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I've had the MMO bug nibbling on my earlobes for a couple months now, but I really don't want to go back to WoW, and nothing else out there is very appealing. I've been following the thread and am very interested in a MUD style MMO. I never got to play UO (mostly because at the time all I had was a 286 with a 20 meg hard drive {stacked!}) and so I ended up mudding ( wayyyyyy too much ) and I want that sort of feeling again. Although now I'm married and have four kids so my time is quite constrained (as you can imagine).

So if I want a game where I can log in on occasion and say hi to friends and group up and adventure, I would think a skill based game like this would be perfect. I wouldn't have to keep up with levels, just focus on one thing and get good at it and then level up the other stuff on the side.

Is that a pretty good interpretation of this game?

Also... I'm in the US and in August will be going back to Okinawa.
    WOOHOO!!!! Lived there for 3 years and miss it so much!
    The client seems to be european only, would I have any difficulties (if I can get an account) in playing from the U.S., or farther down the line, Japan?

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Dyvion wrote: »
    I've had the MMO bug nibbling on my earlobes for a couple months now, but I really don't want to go back to WoW, and nothing else out there is very appealing. I've been following the thread and am very interested in a MUD style MMO. I never got to play UO (mostly because at the time all I had was a 286 with a 20 meg hard drive {stacked!}) and so I ended up mudding ( wayyyyyy too much ) and I want that sort of feeling again. Although now I'm married and have four kids so my time is quite constrained (as you can imagine).

So if I want a game where I can log in on occasion and say hi to friends and group up and adventure, I would think a skill based game like this would be perfect. I wouldn't have to keep up with levels, just focus on one thing and get good at it and then level up the other stuff on the side.

Is that a pretty good interpretation of this game?

Also... I'm in the US and in August will be going back to Okinawa.
    WOOHOO!!!! Lived there for 3 years and miss it so much!
    The client seems to be european only, would I have any difficulties (if I can get an account) in playing from the U.S., or farther down the line, Japan?

Nah, we are all US. They said anyone can buy and use the client its fine. They will even allow NA users to transfer their accounts when they setup a NA server......however many years in the future that is.

Zero-Control on

yourzeero.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Well, not sure if you noticed but I wasnt around much this weekend...... a combination of real life and shitty DF.

So I think it was friday or thursday we got sieged very badly and everyone split to the four corners. I took the opportunity to ride into the human lands... or try to. Thought I would cash in a few quests I had been sitting on and shop around, just change things up.

Well my first problem occured when I paused at a wilderness bank to gear up after having swam naked to the mainlands. I turned up my graphics some and put on my gear, unforunatly I started getting attacked before I had dropped all my weapons into my hot bar and by the time I managed to equip a bow and turn to fight I was dead. Lost my mount and banded, curses my bad luck and stupidity because it really was a lame death.

Thankfully I had bound to a nearby chaos stone so I went back to my corpse got a couple left over items he hadnt bothered with, snagged my second mount and took off for the human lands. I was probably 10 minutes out of the first human city when I suddenly crashed.... a bad one had to restart the comp. Never had it happen before, this was a first time and definetly the game not my system. (no other games before or after have duplicated this crash). I restarted the computer and started the game up hoping to get my mount before it went away or was stolen.

The game started patching...... a huge patch, very odd. I went on the vent and the servers were up and there was no patch. I had already patched the day before, I had played for hours up to this point, it made no sense. I started my laptop to see what the deal was and my laptop also started the same patch. I had also updated my laptop the day before so this didnt make any more sense.

I went ahead and let both machines patch and when I went to run the game they both said they had a bad install. So I quit. Didnt do a damned thing, didnt feel like a reinstall. I played warcraft 3 all weekend and had more fun than any moment in darkfall. As a matter of fact I was pleased to see the warcraft 3 community is as strong as ever.

So today I will do a complete reinstall on both machines and try one last time to play this damned game. I hope they keep patching away because I enjoy these MMOs and want to keep playing but this game punishes me so much. Thankfully I have lots of money to replace the two mounts I lose and set of armor.

Zero-Control on

yourzeero.png
  • Options
    TethTeth __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2009

They could venture capital an entirely different company just to make other types of games for them at this point.

Teth on
  • Options
    XOCentricXOCentric Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So I think it was friday or thursday we got sieged very badly and everyone split to the four corners.

So what happened? Did our city changed hands?

XOCentric on
    steam: xo_centric uplay: xocentric
  • Options
    snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    the store is opeeeen

snap on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    snap wrote: »
    the store is opeeeen

and it's $52... I couldn't find anywhere that showed the price before the store opened... I figured they'd be charging around $30 for a digital distribution startup company game. woo was I wrong.

I'll be holding off on this purchase for a bit, at least until I have some time available to dedicate to the game. Guess I'll stick to single player for awhile.

e: And the shop is now closed.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    wow, that was quick. I didn't even have time to deposit my check in the bank and come back and buy it.

snap on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    wow, that was quick. I didn't even have time to deposit my check in the bank and come back and buy it.

Yeah there are 100,000 other rabid gamers who want in, so you're going to have to stay poised on the computer around their open time.

On the plus side, there isn't a queue problem anymore, so I figure they have found their sweet spot in terms of server capacity.

Also, can any of you degenerates already in game associated with our shananigans give me an update on what happened over the weekend? I've been involved in moving so I havent been in much.

XOCentric on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    We were sieged again on Saturday morning and won (shardholder either crashed or left the city tile). On Sunday all of the banks on the island were taken out by one side or the other. On, and Mitsubishi claimed Talpec (the NW city on Yssam). There's been nonstop raiding parties on both sides and skirmishes of various sizes for the last three days and counting.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Please god, tell me I'm 15 minutes early and not 45 minutes late to the store opening...

Edit: Fuck, fuck FUCK.

Edit2: Wait, what the hell? I was off by... 5 hours?

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The store was supposed to go up at 6pm GMT, which was five hours ago. Link to that info.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    can you still buy an account for standard pricing and then sell it for more monies on ebay?

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    The store was supposed to go up at 6pm GMT, which was five hours ago. Link to that info.

Wow, I was way off. Great...

I understand why they're doing this, but seriously, gettin' kinda old...

KiTA on
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Augh! If only I didn't have a job I could have been there when the store opened. But then I wouldn't have had money to afford it...

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    Several large-scale battles tonight. I got to shoot Arghy in the back a couple times! Defended a hamlet for three hours, then sieged and took a city. +1 for the good guys.

Here's to hoping that our keep+houses+bank aren't taken out in Euro TZ yet again. We're like the Yssam punching bag (and proud of it).

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    vhzodvhzod Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Based on the sheer level of assholery I've been hearing about I don't even know if I want to get this anymore. It seems like most people are playing just to make each other annoyed.

vhzod on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    If I worried about what was written on the DF forums, I might feel the same way. Instead, I'm just playing the game and doing one of two things: getting in fights (big, small, even, not even, whatever) and killing mobs/harvesting stuff while chatting with the rest of the clan. Both are pretty fun most of the time.

I've been killed plenty of times, but I don't think I've been successfully griefed yet - I mean, if you go out knowing you might get killed, it's kinda hard to get upset when it does happen. And if people try to grief me in ways that don't involve killing me, I just kill them. Since I'm never near guard towers and don't care about going red, it's no big deal. For people hanging around the newbie areas, things are probably different, but it's easy enough to get out of there and start having fun.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    bigbadbobbigbadbob Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    What advice would any of you have for someone who has just gotten into the game.

bigbadbob on
    soldersig.jpg
    Candy Is dandy, But liquor Is quicker
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    1a. Mahirim/Ork/Alfar - contact Arghy Therage
    1b. Human/Dwarf/Mirdain - contact Jeran Attrell (me)

2. Apply to the respective clan (Terrible Company / Virakar).
    (the rest is slightly more specific to Virakar)
    3. Introduce yourself as a new PA guy in clan chat, get Vent info and directions to the city.
    4. Get to the city. Bind at a chaos stone nearby because our keep and houses get knocked down on a regular basis (ie every morning).
    5. Ask in clan chat and someone will gear you up with armor and weapons.
    6. Ask what needs to be done, group up with someone and get it done. May involve harvesting, may involve killing players or killing mobs. Someone will probably go kill goblins with you if nothing else is going on, or at least show you how to.
    7. Send Jeran Attrell a tell when I come online so I can keep track of you and make sure you get hooked up properly.

You can also go harvest/kill stuff in the noob areas, although I don't recommend it.

More stuff!
    -Pick a 1H weapon, get to 25 for knockback.
    -Pick a 2H weapon, get to 25 for knockback.
    -Get lesser magic to 50 for mana to stamina.
    -Get a bow and arrows because they rock at shooting out mounts.
    -Specialize once you have a preference.

Ellthiteren on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Theres 2 options if your choosing goons/orks/aflar/mahrim, join one of the many small guilds in the coalition which are recruiting(unknown what their reqs are) or you can join the goon public guild terrible company. Terrible company has a one time fee of 2k gold(i can prolly get this to 1k gold if you contact me and say your from PA) and has the perk of always being with the goons, theres a few other staunch goon allys that might not require a fee, KGB(knights of glory and beer) and vindicators. KGB is a mixed race clan that is most likely accepting all races while vindicators is an all aflar clan. Theres an aussy guild thats also with us called harlequin and they are recruiting, their pretty chill and have a large AU timezone presence.

You need to apply to a clan via your clans tab so if you cant find any of that clan online or a recruiter online you'll need to eventually use this page, just apply and theres a good chance they'll contact you.

I also second leaving the newb area ASAP esp if your in a guild, most clan citys usually have access to all the skills you'll eventually need and farming/pvp groups are common. The newbie area is pretty much a hell hole where you'll constantly get ganked and your stuff stolen while you'll get ganked with your clan you'll atleast have a better chance.

You'll also be able to macro your skills in a clan city in relative safety which is fairly important. You'll want your lesser magic to 50 for mana to stam and level 50 MM because those are two very key pvp abilitys.

I highly suggest 2 types of weapons along with magic/archery, 1h for mounted combat(choose either most available weapon types like a sword or most non used weapon type or hell whatever you fancy) and a 2h weapon for actual fighting as 1h weapons have horrid range. I chose polearm/1h axe because polearm has the best range which is great if you have high ping(hawaii hurray!) and 1h axe because no one else is 1h axe so i get pretty much every 1h axe. I've seen the argument for 2h sword because it has the second highest range and a faster swing time but its also 3rd in damage, a good polearm fighter will nail you at almost 100 degree angles at the same range as his forward attack but a 2h sword can get more hits in which can make the difference in a small battle. I rarely ever follow up my attacks because my ping(250-300) means that almost every player can out maneuver me in a head to head fight so the polearm gives me the option of choosing my engagement range.

Weapons to stay away from- DAGGERS, absolute shit in pvp useless for PVE. They have the lowest range in the game meaning anyone or anything can walk backwards hititng you while you cant hit them.

Arghy on
  • Options
    h4x0rh4x0r Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the info Ellthiteren and Arghy...I'll hopefully be getting my copy soon and will be in touch. I've been looking for a game like this for a while (that doesn't move as slowly as Eve) since I left UO, and this looks pretty promising.

h4x0r on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for the info Ellthiteren and Arghy...I'll hopefully be getting my copy soon and will be in touch. I've been looking for a game like this for a while (that doesn't move as slowly as Eve) since I left UO, and this looks pretty promising.

Darkfall doesn't have the rich economics of EVE, but the combat is significantly faster paced and I would venture a lot more engaging and dependant upon player skill in a twitchy manner. That and it is a lot more common now that the industrial backing of most clans is in full swing. Logging in to a battle in progress is common place more so than it was a few weeks ago.

I can't wait for full on naval fleets to allow for attacks from across the globe.

XOCentric on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    XOCentric wrote: »

Darkfall doesn't have the rich economics of EVE, but the combat is significantly faster paced and I would venture a lot more engaging and dependant upon player skill in a twitchy manner. That and it is a lot more common now that the industrial backing of most clans is in full swing. Logging in to a battle in progress is common place more so than it was a few weeks ago.

I can't wait for full on naval fleets to allow for attacks from across the globe.

That's understandable, though I have to say, (IMO) there isn't a game that comes close to touching EVEonomics. It just has a depth that is way ahead of everything else. Though for me I prefer the pvp side of things, and while EVE pvp is pretty fun, it doesn't hold my attention like I wish :P

In either case, I'm really looking forward to this :)

h4x0r on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Soooooo.

Apparently the store opened today at... when? 11 AM MST?

Really need to figure this out.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ellthiteren were you in that BKB siege? the numbers were pretty damn insane on both sides haha just wondering how it was on the other end.

I defended khosgar(KGB's city) and was there for the shard drop and the take over of darkmoore(BKB's city). The cannons are really getting nuts, in khosgar i defended the eastern cannon and it was really fun to watch the western cannon just unloading on the mounts- i also apparently killed 2 BKB who were beating on the stone even though i never saw them due to the horrible lag haha. Everything just stopped moving on my screen when they pushed in through the southern gate so i kept firing MM's at the stone whenever vent said to.

I just love how the 2 power factions are gobbling up the smaller clans/alliances haha soon its going to be a choice of who you hate most! I cant wait for NA so everyone can properly choose their city locations, its going to be murder when the power is reset and factions are remade. Already we are seeing clans who are just not cut out for this getting removed, undead army and select few pulled some sketchy shit and started attacking their long time friend KGB because they wouldent listen on who not to attack. KGB put its neck out for those 2 so many times whenever they acted up i just couldent believe they would pull something like this- i spent the entire khosgar defense killing them because they started trying to take over the eastern cannon, nothing like 1 man ramp with you on the top haha.

I hope they finally fix the player citys because raids are getting more and more frequent, we have hostiles constantly attacking mar shral literally a constant stream its getting insane.

Arghy on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    Soooooo.

Looks like it will be open tomorrow

h4x0r on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    h4x0r wrote: »
    KiTA wrote: »
    Soooooo.

Looks like it will be open tomorrow

Yah, having trouble wrapping my head around this. Apparently when they post "Store opening today" at 3 PM on a Monday, they mean to check back at 7 or 8 or 10 or whatever AM on a Tuesday.

I'm just gonna check it periodically tomorrow at work.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So their servers just turned into a melting pile of slag, did they open it up for sales again?

KiTA on