As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Kingdoms of Phallacia - Day 4 (There is no Day 3)

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    precisionk wrote:
    Eh when I have a hunch and some info, then I go with it. I suggest looking at Mr. Primus after I die tonight, seeing as I will die innocent.

"Some info"? Dude, you kept ragging on that one joke overreaction of mine. That's all.

TehSpectre, Abysmal Lynx? Those dudes know how to formulate hunches.

EDIT: I !vote precisionk.

I'm sorry, since you're almost assuredly an innocent, but since you also keep voting for me... eat a dick. :P

DarkPrimus on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    precisionk wrote:
    Eh when I have a hunch and some info, then I go with it. I suggest looking at Mr. Primus after I die tonight, seeing as I will die innocent.

"Some info"? Dude, you kept ragging on that one joke overreaction of mine. That's all.

I'm sorry, since you're almost assuredly an innocent, but since you also keep voting for me... eat a dick. :P

It's true, I will admit to being a genius.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    Hahahaha. You're humble, too.

DarkPrimus on
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So Smasher, I take it you're not going to clue us in to who you're killing tonight?

Aroused Bull on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    precisionk wrote:

Ahh, much <3 for you Primus.

precisionk on
    edited February 2007
    Here is the vote count thus far. (Repost for new page.)

Precisionk - 8
    DarkPrimus - 2
    GrimmyTOA - 0 (1 retracted) (but has one bold orange vote. xD)

Abysmal Lynx still has a vote unaccounted for.

-Edit: 4 minutes to vote cut-off-

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Come on lynx, you were participating most of today. Is it really necessary to go though this vote or die thing with someone every day? Vote for yourself if you need to, anything is better then getting sword raped and costing the council another member.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Seriously. We lose enough innocent people as it is, without people dying for no reason whatsoever.

Sigh.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Voting closed

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007
    Judging by what happened with Shamus and DarkPrimus, non-voters get two chances before they're bladeraped, so Lynx probably isn't going to die.

Aroused Bull on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    “…died of a sword wound through the chest. We searched the rooms of all three dead councillors, and found no evidence that any of them were attempting to subvert the Council. The only things out of the ordinary we found were some rather crude drawings of a small child being repeatedly violated by farm animals in Councillor Shamus’s room.”

Every councillor’s face twisted in revulsion. Every face, that is, except for Councillor precisionk’s. He was too busy attempting to harvest his belly button lint to pay any attention to the proceedings. Councillor ArrBeeBee sighed and said, “Councillor Shamus was not the only one who failed to live up to the reputation of his position.” He stared meaningfully at precisionk, who suddenly jumped to his feet. He pointed his finger at ArrBeeBee and yelled “That is not how windmills work!!” Then he sat down, seemingly satisfied at ArrBeeBee’s confused expression.

The vote didn’t take long. The vote for precisionk was almost unanimous, excluding, of course, precisionk’s own vote, which was expressed by approaching Councillor DarkPrimus and blowing at his hair for five minutes straight. After he passed out on the floor from oxygen deprivation, he was dragged by the guards to the gallows.

Councillor TehSpectre shook his head and took a sip of water. “Well, gentlemen, shall we adjizzuzzim…afijuzzihijjm……avvanizizm…” His face began to turn bright purple, and he collapsed to the ground, twitching violently. One of the councillors summoned a healer, but TehSpectre was dead long before he arrived.

A thorough search of both dead councillors' living quarters revealed written plans for betrayal, as well as anonymous correspondence with co-conspirators in TehSpectre's room. All that was found in precisionk's room was a journal containing the ravings of a madman.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007
    Sorry it's so short this time, I was feeling unusually uninspired today.

Summary:

precisionk: executed; innocent
    TehSpectre: killed by rogue councillors; rogue councillor

Edit: And no, precisionk was not a special role who was required to act crazy. He's just naturally like that.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited February 2007
    Haaaughnfngh.....nnnnnnnaugh. *Dead*

x.x

(Damn, and my evil scheme would have worked too, if it hadn't been for that other rogue team....I had no one cast suspicion on me ever. Curses.)

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
    edited February 2007
    So... that's unexpected.

Did you decide not to kill anybody tonight, Smasher?

I certainly wasn't expecting the rogues to actually start wiping each other out, but hey, I'll take it! Probably a fairly ideal result, really.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    Wonderful! Excellent narration too visible.
    So what do you guys think? 6 rogues total or 4? I know 6 seems like a lot, but it also is dangerous to assume we've been lucky enough to wipe one of the groups out already with hardly any work on our part.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So, ArrBeeBee, do you have an explanation for yourself? Someone with bodyguards who didn't attempt to come in contact with other specials (despite two opportunities) seems suspicious to me, indeed.

Smasher on
  • Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sorry I missed the vote guys. I went to the gym and I was out a lot longer then I thought I was going to be.

I can't believe TehSpectre was a rogue councilor, at least we now have confirmation that their are two groups; well theirs probably only one group left, but you never know.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    I'm going to be gone for a few hours, as I have to go to the library to do some research. Hopefully ArrBeeBee has something to say in the meantime.

Smasher on
    edited February 2007
    So wait a second. You tried to Vigilante RBB and he's vigilante-proof or something?

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    Yes indeed. He was protected by bodyguards, and I'd like to know why.

Smasher on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sorry it's so short this time, I was feeling unusually uninspired today.

Summary:

Edit: And no, precisionk was not a special role who was required to act crazy. He's just naturally like that.

It comes naturally. :0

Oh and ....OoooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo

precisionk on
    edited February 2007
    Summary:

Basically confirmation that there's two factions now.

What would that Indian movie guy say?

"What a twist!"

...Although... something seems odd to me. If there are two factions, then how come there has only ever been one killing by a rogue faction at a time?

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    I've just been informed that there are some dead people asking questions of living people.

Let me make this clear; this is very very much against the rules. Dead people, please stop. Living people, if the dead people talk to you, let me know.

If I find out that dead people are passing information to living people, the aforementioned living people will be instantly destroyed. Not killed at the end of the day, instantly.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • NavocNavoc Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    ...Although... something seems odd to me. If there are two factions, then how come there has only ever been one killing by a rogue faction at a time?

The most likely answer would seem to be that they alternate nights on which they kill, but I'm not sure. It's also possible that one of the groups functions fundamentally differently, with different abilities and goals and such. Really hard to tell at this point. It looks like there's going to be a lot of information to discuss over the next day, at least.

Navoc on
    edited February 2007
    Summary:

"What a twist!"

They are probably alternating, one group gets one day, another group gets another day.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    Summary:

"What a twist!"

They are probably alternating, one group gets one day, another group gets
    another day.

Makes sense, I guess.

It's still possible that Squashua and AcidSerra were on the same side... although that seems less likely now.
    I wonder if they're purposely trying to rub each other out?

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    It's still possible that Squashua and AcidSerra were on the same side... although that seems less likely now.
    I wonder if they're purposely trying to rub each other out?

My guess would be yes. There was that note on night one that said (more or less): "We will not tolerate resistance... or competition." My guess is that the rogue groups only win if they're the last group standing.

GrimmyTOA on
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    precisionk wrote: »

Oh and ....OoooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo

OOOOoooooOOOOOoooOOOOooo

shaggyscoobyscared1969gq3.jpg

Squashua on
    edited February 2007
    That blue ghost looks like Holocaust.

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    Dear Guardian,

How are you doing this evening? If I am not already in contact with you, please drop by and say hi. I'd love to chat and have some wine or something. I believe my continued existence should be adequate proof of my vigilante-ism. If you'd prefer to contact your client, that would also suffice. But then you'd miss out on all that fine wine.

<3

Smasher

Smasher on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Man, at this rate we villagers won't have to do anything; the bad guys will all just kill each other off. Still, everyone should do their civic duty and vote - I !vote for DarkPrimus.

As stated before, Smasher started the failed bandwagon against DarkPrimus just before the rogues tried to kill him. And DarkPrimus' overreaction at being jokingly accused at the start of the game by precisionk is somewhat suspicious; it suggests that he was a bit jumpy and worried about getting staked. That's not normally the behavior of an innocent villager.

Cantide on
    edited February 2007
    See, I honestly thought that DarkPrimus' overreaction at the beginning of the game was intended to be humorous. I felt like he was channeling that Simpsons episode with Mayor Quimby's nephew. Chowder Chowdah etc leads to -> "It's Chowdah! Chowdah! I'll kill you! I'll kill all of you! Especially those of you in the jury!"

You know. Freaking out for comic effect.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited February 2007
    eh, I don't know. People have been voting for Dark Primus every day so far, and it's never really come to anything. I think for now I'm going to !vote for ArrBeeBee. I'll likely change it if he explains what is going on with that vigilante deflection, but I want to have a vote on record in case I don't get another chance before voting closes.

PsychoLarry1 on
    edited February 2007
    !vote for ArrBeeBee

I really hope he's a rogue who had the protection of the Guardian and not the Guardian himself.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    I'm still unsure of ArrBeeBee's alliegance, but for the meantime for various reasons I would rather not kill him. I still need the guardian to contact me, so I don't accidentally kill you tonight. No vote from me for now.

Smasher on
  • SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    The sheer amount of eyeing-up of DarkPrimus that's going on suggests something to me. I'm not sure quite what that is but it's my instinct to follow through on it, if only to try and find out once and for all.

!vote DarkPrimus

SUPERSUGA on
    edited February 2007
    Smasher wrote: »
    I'm still unsure of ArrBeeBee's alliegance, but for the meantime for various reasons I would rather not kill him. I still need the guardian to contact me, so I don't accidentally kill you tonight. No vote from me for now.

If thats the case...

I !retract my vote for ArrBeeBee.
    I !vote for DarkPrimus I guess.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2007
    I wish I could stick around all night to defend myself, but I have to go to work for the evening yet again. :| Hopefully I will be back before the final tally.

I've noticed an interesting trend myself in this game. It seems those most well-informed and those watching the game's details the most... have all turned out to be rogues so far. With this as my basis, I !vote Abysmal Lynx.

(Smasher, a little help please?)

DarkPrimus on
    edited February 2007
    eh, I don't know. People have been voting for Dark Primus every day so far, and it's never really come to anything. I think for now I'm going to !vote for ArrBeeBee. I'll likely change it if he explains what is going on with that vigilante deflection, but I want to have a vote on record in case I don't get another chance before voting closes.

Smasher and I have worked this out, and Smasher is attempting to get in contact with the guardian who protected me.

Aroused Bull on
    edited February 2007
    Guys, I apologize once again. Something has come up, and my sister requires my transportation abilities tonight. I will post narration this evening, but probably not until 9:30 or so.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png