As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mini Phalla] Elite Phalla Agents - Day Seven – Epilogue! EBA/Village Victory!

1234568»

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    warban wrote: »
    That was fun game. Too bad I got a Role which on turning to stone would of killed an elite beat agent.

Thanks for the sacrifice.

I don't know what ??? means, but I hope you're not one of the ones who get hosed. :|

And you know me and last minute shenanigans, cj. ;-)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The sequel totally needs to be the Ouendan VS the EBA.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well damn

I think I changed the kill order from B:L to someone else on multiple occasions and from matt to someone else at least once

and I admitted that the bad guys died from the vote on like day 2

and I did not need to change anything in that narration I quoted but I did so anyway

Good game for me

Gumpy on
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hmmm..

So what was your post restriction?

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
    edited April 2009
    I just had to include stop the music

So why did I end up removing that word and a half in the narration?

I just don't know

Gumpy on
  • DaiusDaius Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gumpy cheated his way out of the post restriction but I didn't have enough basis to eliminate him because someone could still have noticed he changed the narration quote.

Thank god you did, Andrew.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I feel sorry for the children, myself.

Wildcat on
    edited April 2009
    Daius wrote: »
    Gumpy cheated his way out of the post restriction but I didn't have enough basis to eliminate him because someone could still have noticed he changed the narration quote.

Thank god you did, Andrew.

To be fair that post restriction was the equivalent of outing myself in the thread.

There was near to no basis of saying that when it wasn't in a quote, and with a game where the amount of people posting in the thread was about three, there was no excuse to suddenly start going all evil >:

Gumpy on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Which I think was intended; the "post restriction" mechanic seems to have been a minor seer, forcing the target to post in character on the next day. Unless I'm misunderstanding the intent/effect.

Darian on
    edited April 2009
    Well it was damn effective

And to be honest I think it was more effective then a standard seer, as it allowed the special who used it to utterly rain on my parade while having hard evidence of my misdeeds in the thread

Gumpy on
    edited April 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Well it was damn effective

And to be honest I think it was more effective then a standard seer, as it allowed the special who used it to utterly rain on my parade while having hard evidence of my misdeeds in the thread

Yeah, but think of all the post restrictions we've seen in other phallas where the bad guys are able to make random targets seem evil -- anything like that will never be conclusive without the special outing themselves.

Darian on
    edited April 2009
    To be honest I think it was more the BOLD BLACK TEXT then what I was actually required to write in it

I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for you meddling post restrictions

Gumpy on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    "Man, we're so stumped for leads right now that I'm tempted to look through the thread and see if anyone kept posting STOP THE MUSIC STOP THE MUSIC over and over. I'm that out of ideas!"

Kay2 on
    edited April 2009
    The post restriction was indeed intended to be form of public seering. Depending on the role of the person targetted they would have had to put something glaringly obvious in their post that would give away their role. You wouldn't be complaining if B:L had been hit and had to type EBA slogans in bold yellow text, would you Gumpy?

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
    edited April 2009
    No I would not have complained about that

But then again I let B:L live and was thanked with death

Gumpy on
    edited April 2009
    Was it the whole 'If B:L is alive late in the game he must be evil because everyone kills B:L' trick that was being attempted there?

Kay2 on
    edited April 2009
    I was hoping that he would eat a late game bandwagon, letting him leave victorious and us without worrying about the vote

But he just happened to be an agent who did not win when voted out

shucks

Gumpy on
    edited April 2009
    Gumpy wrote: »
    I was hoping that he would eat a late game bandwagon, letting him leave victorious and us without worrying about the vote

But he just happened to be an agent who did not win when voted out

shucks

Actually I'm immune to the vote. :whistle:

Looking at it balance wise, if the specials were actually in play it would look bad for the rhombulans. Except they weren't so it worked out in the end. 8-)

And Gumpy I let you live too until you decided to bandwagon me! Who stabbed who?

edited April 2009
    Look the bandwagon would have mean you would have won and then we would have froliced in the fields together and danced and sung

but then you ruined it

Gumpy on
    edited April 2009
    Epilogue coming sometime in the next few hours. I'm not sure when exactly, because of my mad procrastination skills.

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • MatatatMatatat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Except for the part where we would've lost

Matatat on
    edited April 2009
    Day 7 - Epilogue

If you’re still here to read this, I commend you. We have all been through many hardships and lost many of our members, but in the end we managed to destroy the Rhombulan threat, together, as a team, you did well!

So, as the EBA forum project draws to a close, we have collected progress reports on our surviving members and how we’ve managed to help.

Captain Brooke (Sticks) flaunted his new found wealth, buying a magnificent yacht to sail the seas in luxury. A few months into his journey, however, he received an unexpected visit from his ex-crew. Seems they had taken to a steady career in piracy during their Captain’s absence. And they wanted him to take a little stroll down the plank.
    You are...Captain Brooke!
    You sailed the seven seas with your parrot and trusty crew, searching for treasure. It’s such a shame that after years of failure they turned on you and left you adrift at sea. But hardships produce new opportunities for the future. Now you and your parrot must dive deep into the ocean and, led on by the help of the Agents, find enough treasure to retire in style!

You are a regular villager. Each night you may vote for a person to be helped out by the Elite Beat Agents. You will win the game if the Agents help you, or if you survive until the end of the game. If the Elite Beat Agents are eliminated, the village loses.

Lucy (Warban), who suppressed the music within her out of sheer fear of the Rhombulans, grew up to be a wonderful young woman. Finally seeing her father again put her whole life into perspective, and the experience brought her a new hero and inspiration. Every Saturday she visits the statue that was once Agent Derek, leaving a single flower each time.
    You are... Lucy!
    Before last Christmas, your daddy left to do some important business, promising to be back with a present for you, a girlfriend for your teddy bear. It’s a year later now, and mommy has got a lot sadder. She says that daddy got in an accident and isn’t ever coming back. But you know that daddy means to keep his promise, so you’re going to do your best to make the house ready for Christmas, so daddy will be proud...

Due to the seriousness of your situation, you should be a priority target of the EBA. Because of this, if you are removed from the game before they help you, one member the Elite Beat Agents will be eliminated automatically. Each night you may vote for a person to be helped out by the Elite Beat Agents. You will win the game if the Agents help you, or if you survive until the end of the game. If the Elite Beat Agents are eliminated, the village loses.

Max the Cat (Nitsua) finished his plate of fish too fast, learning a valuable lesson that nothing lasts forever. He grew to share a deep bond with the baby he had protected to get it though, and the friendship the two had lasted for many years longer than a couple of sardines.
    A cat that smells strangely like apple pie, you would nothing more than a large plate of fish. All you have to do to get it is looking after your owner’s baby, one year old Alden. But when Alden sees a butterfly and follows it onto a construction site, you must use your feline wiles along with the power of the Elite Beat Agents in order to make sure the baby gets home safely!

Each night you may vote for a person to be helped out by the Elite Beat Agents. To win this game you must either survive until the end of the game, or be helped by the EBA before another player, Sam the Dog. If Max is helped before you, you will be eliminated from the game. If the Elite Beat Agents are eliminated, the village loses.

Isabella Carrington (GrimmyTOA), while initially returning in full force to the world of celebrity, fell afoul of both the media and the public when it was revealed that she had deliberately abandoned her sister on the island so that the spotlight would be on her more often. Completely ostracised, she now lives in a quiet mountain village, waiting for the day when her infamy would be forgotten.

Norma Carrington (Andrew Rayn) on the other hand was praised as a hero when it was reported that she had been the one to organise the mass exodus into the City Square, saving countless lives in the process. She has since founded a major charity to support those who were bereaved during the attacks. She has forgiven Isabella, but doesn’t believe her sister would ever understand that.
    You are... Norma/Isabella Carrington!
    The inseparable Carrington sisters, Norma and Isabella, you are two of the greatest celebrities in the world. You were invited to go on an exclusive cruise ship, but when the ship sank you found yourself trapped on a deserted island, having to fend for yourselves! There must be some way you can charm the local wildlife into making things easier for you; with the help of the Elite Beat Agents’ help, of course.

While the two of you are alive, you may send me two targets a night who will be hit by post-restrictions. If only one of you is still in the game, that number is reduced to 1. However, if you wish to use this power, you must both vote for the same target to be helped by the EBA that day. If you do not, the power fails. You will win the game if the Agents help you, or if you survive until the end of the game. If the Elite Beat Agents are eliminated, the village loses.

Chris Silverscreen (Stew_Stick) followed the success of Romancing Meowzilla with a documentary about the Rhombulan attacks, entitled “The Day the Music Survived”. It was well received by some, but others criticised him exploiting such a sensitive topic so shortly after it happened. Never-the-less, over time it became a classic along the same lines as Schindler’s List and became synonymous with the alien attacks for future generations.
    You are... Chris!
    Chris Silverscreen, famous film director! Well, you will be famous, if you make a successful film. Your latest attempt is the action film “Romancing Meowzilla”, but the filming is hitting a major snag and the people at the studios are giving you grief. Maybe the Elite Beat Agents can help you make a smash hit of this film, so you can read your well planned acceptance speech at the Oscars!

You are a regular villager. Each night you may vote for a person to be helped out by the Elite Beat Agents. You will win the game if the Agents help you, or if you survive until the end of the game. If the Elite Beat Agents are eliminated, the village loses.

Colonel Bob (Keika) and his wife were arrested for tax fraud and their properties were repossessed by the government. His mansion was refitted to become a memorial museum for the alien attacks. He is once again trying to kick start a career, but instead of digging for oil he is attempting to create a new type of solar power cell. Only time will tell if he is successful.
    You are... Colonel Bob!
    A successful oil tycoon, you were rolling in more money than you knew what to do with. Your wife however had plenty of ideas on how to spend it, and when the oil suddenly runs out you find to your horror that you are completely bankrupt! But far from giving up, you decide to buy a spade and head for the desert, certain that with the Agents’ help you can start a new fortune in the wilderness.

Because of your wealth, you have the ability to target a player and buy the right to copy their ability the next day. However, due to your now limited funds, you may only do this a total of 3 times during the game, so make sure not to waste any opportunities. Each night you may vote for a person to be helped out by the Elite Beat Agents. You will win the game if the Agents help you, or if you survive until the end of the game. If the Elite Beat Agents are eliminated, the village loses.

Jake (Jayson Four) defeated the zombie overlord and got a promotion to an executive position in the Sarcastic Nuts & Nuts company. Subsequently, Nut sales worldwide have increased 10 fold, one of the few industries to completely ignore the effects of the global economic downturn. He still doesn’t smile though. That wouldn’t be appropriate.
    You are... Jake!
    A worker for the company “Sarcastic Nuts & Nuts”, you hate all forms of laughter and fun. To you, everything is serious business. You when you find yourself in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, you are shocked and enraged to find that the plague is spread by kissing! You’re going to have to track this right to the source, and with the help of the Elite Beat Agents end this nonsense once and for all!
    On alternate nights, starting on Day 2, you may target one player to attack with your peanut gun, removing them from the game. You may also vote once a night for a person to be helped out by the Elite Beat Agents. You will win the game if the Agents help you, or if you survive until the end of the game. If the Elite Beat Agents are eliminated, the village loses.

Amanda (scrivenerjones) got through an audition for “Elite Beat Agents – The Musical” and was cast as Agent J, which most felt that, while a strange choice of role, she performed exceedingly well in. Agent J even appeared onstage at the premiere to offer her a bouquet of flowers, applauding her on her amazing portrayal.
    You are... Amanda!
    You have only one dream; to take to the stage in a broadway musical. But instead you’re stuck in a dead-end waitressing job, while your talent goes to waste. You have to prove to yourself that you are capable of greater things, and along with the help of the Elite Beat Agents, sing and dance your way to success!

Leonardo (Romantic Undead) continued to be a celebrated artist, not only painting a portrait of (his bride-to-be) the beautiful Mona Lisa, but branching out into large scale public art and music. He is currently drawing up the schematics for a firework portrait the the Elite Beat Agents to be displayed at the next New Years celebrations.
    You are... Leo!
    Leonardo Da Vinci; Painter, Inventor and Romantic. The beautiful Mona Lisa has caught your eye, and you craze to paint the perfect picture of her. But it seems that she doesn’t ever smile. You’ll have to use all your charm, skill and a little help from the Elite Beat Agents in order to steal her heart and her smile. Then you may be able to show her your legendary collection of caps.

The Agents, J (B:L) and Morris (Matatat) decided that they would retire from the Elite Beat Agents, their work complete. They had seen that day in the City Square that everybody had the power of the beat deep inside them, and that they would all find ways to help themselves with the power, without the need for a group of dancing men in suits. Currently based in Hawaii, they have reported to me saying they are as happy as ever.
    You are... Agent J!
    The main man in the EBA group, you are joined by agents Morris and Derek as you jet across the world, bringing joy and peace to the world through the power of contemporary pop music. Your hair is a force of nature and your moves are fresh. You are the King of the Beats.

As a member of the Elite Beat Agents, you may choose as a group one target per night that you will perform for. This will either fulfil their win condition or eliminate them, depending on their alignment. You may also vote along with the village for the second person that your group will target. You will win if you eliminate all threats to the village. If your group is eliminated, the village loses.
    You are...Agent Morris!
    The right-hand man to Agent J, you do backing vocals in the routine along with Agent Derek. You still flaunt your style though, with your trademark hat and beard you’re an essential part of the EBA experience. You are a real Master of Dance.

As a member of the Elite Beat Agents, you may choose as a group one target per night that you will perform for. This will either fulfil their win condition or eliminate them, depending on their alignment. You may also vote along with the village for the second person that your group will target. You will win if you eliminate all threats to the village. If your group is eliminated, the village loses.

Oh yes, and me. With the department of Elite Beats now shutting down, I’m going to retire and indulge in one of my life-long passions; furniture restoration. So, if you ever break one of the legs on your antique table...

...well, you know what to shout.

WINNERS

Agent J - B:L - Happily Retired
    Agent Morris - Matatat - Happily Retired

Norma Carrington (Mason) - Andrew Ryan - Became a Philanthropist
    Jake (Vig) - Jayson Four - Defeated Zombies, Sold Nuts
    Amanda - scrivenerjones - Succesful Broadway Star
    Leonardo - Romantic Undead - Got the Portrait and the Girl
    Lucy - Warban - Grew up and lived Happily
    Max - Nitsua - Gained a new Best Friend
    Chris - Stew_Stick - Gained a Film making legacy

LOSERS

Thomas (Seer) - kuhlmeye - Turned to Stone
    Hulk (Role Blocker) - simonwolf - Turned to Stone

Rhombulan - cj iwakura - Exploded
    Jack - Kime - Turned to Stone
    Sam - Fiaryn - Gave up Hope

Agent Derek (EBA) - Ergandar - Turned to Stone
    Cap White (Guard) - crimsoncoyote - Turned to Stone
    Ken Ozu - Tommy2Hands - Turned to Stone

Rhombulan - Kay - Exploded
    Jane - Wildcat - Turned to Stone
    Sophie - With Doctor, DBM - Turned to Stone

Rhombulan - Gumpy - Exploded
    Rhombulan - WilDPanthA05 - Exploded

Captain Brooke - Sticks - Walked the Plank
    Isabella Carrington - GrimmyTOA - Ostracised
    Colonel Bob - Keika - Arrested by the Taxman

LOSER ROLE PMS

Agent Derek
    You are... Agent Derek!
    Agent J’s left-hand man, your pale skin and large red afro were often mocked by those around you. But when you became an agent, people everywhere recognised you as one of the Gods of Groove and took your unique style into their hearts.

Rhombulan
    You are... A Rhombulan!
    You came from across the stars searching for intelligent life. Your attention was drawn towards Earth, but when you started picking up radio signals you found something terrible and shocking; the life forms here had created music. In response to this outrage, your people have sent down a scout party, which you are part of, to take down the spreaders of the hated music, The Elite Beat Agents.

Because of your aversion to music, if the EBA perform a routine for you, you will be eliminated from the game. As a group you may choose two targets each night to attack, turning them into stone. You may also vote for person to be helped by the Elite Beat Agents. You will be victorious if you manage to eliminate all of the Agents. You will lose if the Agents eliminate all of you.

Jane
    You are... Jane!
    You are a seventeen year old babysitter, who loves eating cookies. You have another love, Don Tanner, the star receiver of the high school football team. You want to let him know that you want him to be your steady, but some very difficult children have been dumped on you and are really annoying Don. Looks like you’ll need the Elite Beat Agents to intervene, so you can let Don know how you feel!

Jack
    You are... Jack!
    Taxi Driver extraordinaire, you have your coffee with 8 sugars. You are usually quite timid, but as soon as someone gives you the destination you flip out and take off like greased lightning. The police aren’t happy about this though, and have given you a final warning. But what you weren’t expecting immediately after this was a pregnant woman telling you to go straight to the hospital! You need the Agents to help you put the pedal to the metal and avoid the police so the baby can be delivered on time!

Sam
    You are... Sam!
    An adorable little pug dog, you accidentally got separated from your owner Ted, and are now lost in the middle of the wilderness. And if that wasn’t bad enough, you left your best doggy biscuit buried in the backyard! You’re going to have to hitch a ride on the 400 mile journey back home, with a little inspiration from the Elite Beat Agents!

Each night you may vote for a person to be helped out by the Elite Beat Agents. To win this game you must either survive until the end of the game, or be helped by the EBA before another player, Max the Cat. If Max is helped before you, you will be eliminated from the game. If the Elite Beat Agents are eliminated, the village loses.

Thomas
    You are... Thomas!
    A former doctor of mathematics, you turned your hand to professional magic and now perform in one of the biggest casinos in the country. Unfortunately business hasn’t been great recently; the money is slowly running dry. If that wasn’t bad enough, it seems that your casino has also been targeted by masked thieves. Maybe with the Elite Beat Agents’ help you can use your magical talents to get rid of the thieves and save the day!

Using your magical talents, you may PM me with the name of one target every night to discover their identity and ability. Each night you may vote for a person to be helped out by the Elite Beat Agents. You will win the game if the Agents help you, or if you survive until the end of the game. If the Elite Beat Agents are eliminated, the village loses.

Sophie
    You are... Sophie!
    The star local weather presenter, you are used to giving people lots of good news about clear skies and sunshine. But on the day before a special picnic with your sun, all forecasts point to heavy rain! You’re not going to go down without a fight though, so with the help of the Elite Beat Agents you must banish those clouds and let the sun shine again!

Cap White
    You are... Cap White!
    There’s a little bit of you in everyone; you are a white blood cell, defender of the body from nasty bacteria and viruses. The specific body you are in is due to run the Olympic 100 metres, but he has suddenly been struck down with a particularly potent illness. It’s time to call the other white blood cells to arms, because the body needs your help and only the Elite Beat Agents can make it possible!

Each night can PM me with the name of a player who you want to guard against attacks. You may also vote for a person to be helped out by the Elite Beat Agents. You will win the game if the Agents help you, or if you survive until the end of the game. If the Elite Beat Agents are eliminated, the village loses.

Ken Ozu
    You are... Ken Ozu!
    The lazy heir to the Sushi Motors Company, you come into work one day to find that the top secret plans for a new car have been stolen! Your father has asked you to uphold the strong family ninja tradition, by sneaking into their headquarters and stealing the plans back. What he doesn’t know is that you don’t know a thing about being a ninja! Looks like you’ll need the Elite Beat Agents’ help if you’re ever going to get those blueprints.

Hulk
    You are... Hulk!
    Hulk Bryman was one of the best major league baseball players in the world. However, after a series of unfortunate events you are no longer that man. You now work as a lowly janitor at an amusement park. But one day while on duty you hear a commotion; the park is being attacked by a gigantic rock golem! Looks like you’re going to have to prove you’ve still got the skills and save the day, with a little help from the EBA!

Once a night you may target a player to block the ability of by chasing them away with your trusty baseball bat. Each night you may vote for a person to be helped out by the Elite Beat Agents. You will win the game if the Agents help you, or if you survive until the end of the game. If the Elite Beat Agents are eliminated, the village loses.

MVPs

B:L, for executing quite an impressive last second vote swing to win the game. And also for posting in the thread pretty consistently throughout and not drawing any suspicion for actually paying attention to the game. A class act.

Also Warban, for rolling such a sweet and innocent role as Lucy and yet having the tenacity to use his usual tactic of pathologically lying to the entire thread in order to get things done. Bravo.

THANKS FOR PLAYING!

Daius on
    bigbosssig.png
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Excellent outro. Thanks very much for hosting this mini, Daius.

Wildcat on
    edited April 2009
    This.

This is how you end a phalla.

Thanks for running and planning an amazing game, Daius. It was fun, quirky, and very thematic.

The only complaint is that Derek is in the losers section. We EBA win together!

• warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yes, Enjoyable game. It's somewhat exciting to see a Help the village mini work so well.

Gives me ideas.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited April 2009
    Now that is how role PM's should be revealed at game end

Gumpy on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Good game, Daius.

GrimmyTOA on
    edited April 2009
    That was a great game, Daius! Thanks for letting me be part of it.

Kay2 on
  • scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    good game even though I only got to play like 1.2 days of it =/

scrivenerjones on
  • ErgandarErgandar Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It was a magnificent game, and enjoyable to follow even after death.

8-)

Ergandar on
    RachelSig.jpg
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Good game!

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I agree with what everyone else wrote. The roles were tons of fun, the mechanics were unexpected, and it was all wrapped up brilliantly. Great show, Daius.

Kristmas Kthulhu on
  • NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I really enjoyed this game... though I am curious about something: Who chose me to actually get what I was going for? I was totally not expecting to win in the same night Warban did. I kept up with the thread even after I got out. The narrations each night were amazing and I had a lot of fun seeing how the voting was going. Thanks Daius for a great mini!

Nitsua on
    edited April 2009
    Each night the EBA selected one player to "help" and then the village selected by vote a second player for them to help. (The help itself was essentially a public seer with death, with the quirk that it was a win for the player helped if they were village aligned.)

So you have B:L and crew to thank for your victory.

Darian on
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Darian wrote: »
    Each night the EBA selected one player to "help" and then the village selected by vote a second player for them to help. (The help itself was essentially a public seer with death, with the quirk that it was a win for the player helped if they were village aligned.)

So you have B:L and crew to thank for your victory.

I thought it was only a real win if the character had a really important situation with which they needed help. For instance, keeping a baby alive was more important that finding buried treasure (as in the epilogue, that character ended up biting it). So while you temporarily thought it was a win, you actually lost in the end, because being greedy is bad. And it was way more important to save people's lives by getting rid of the Rhombulans, so those that were not helped before the EBA won the game had good endings.

Kristmas Kthulhu on