As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

pax is not a dating service!

ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the swordhttp://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
edited June 2007 in PAX Archive
For those of you reading, Please respect the ladies who come to pax. I saw some of the most horrible pickup lines in history there. It was painful to watch, Please for the love of all that is gaming--

Please don't come to pax expecting to meet your soulemate or something like that.

Viscountalpha on

• Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    But.... I'm living with and now engaged to Recruit, Who I first met at PAX.

Does this mean we have to break up now? D:

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    But.... I'm living with and now engaged to Recruit, Who I first met at PAX.

Does this mean we have to break up now? D:

If it happens-- thats cool. I want to discorage painful comeon lines from pax 07' I just want to discorage the dating scene a bit, Friends? ya sure. But horribly painful come-on lines are not the thing I would request of pax goers. The one I saw was a guy asked a girl to shake his hand and he was like " Its nice to meet one of the most beatiful women at pax" It was bad, I think she had a boyfriend too at pax.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I agree.

But I just want you to know... If you were a booger... I'd pick you first baby. :winky:

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You'll always be Player 1 to me...

Wanna come back to my place, and try for a combo breaker?

That Bawls may taste good, but I have a pair at my hotel that will keep you up all night.

*puts on his robe and wizard hat*

I'm got 300 in swords, axes, fishing and love.

The real Omega Prize here is... in my pants.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You sunnava bitch, Now im sure to hear a few of these at pax 07'

bastard :P

"I'm got 300 in swords, axes, fishing and love."

It is 400 now you noob :P

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I got one passcode for ya:

*ZZZZZZIIIIIIIP*

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Noooo! No more bawls lines... I'm still recovering from the slew of them from the last PAX.

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    b0wserb0wser PAX HHL Deputy Manager CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I recall sitting in a room at the Red Lion in the wee hours of Sunday morning, locked in a small group discussion over this dude's attributes and his chances of success with some girl he'd fancied. There was die rolling and everything.

b0wser on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I once made a guy who was hitting on me roll a charisma check. He failed.

And yes... yes I AM geeky enough to carry dice around with me. >.>

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    *Looks in at thread*

...wow

*runs away*

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Hey BigRed, I wouldn't mind attending your "exposition".

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    BigRed wrote: »
    *Looks in at thread*

...wow

*runs away*

Your mouth says 'Shields up!' but your eyes say 'A hull breach is imminent.'

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    oh dear god.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Trillian wrote: »
    oh dear god.

Ya, This is what im trying to avoid at pax. Atleast, its all that more entertaining on a forum.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    PAX is still 6 months away dudes, ya'll are a little early.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I think a part of me died laughing. I'm going to have to use these on Khoo or something.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2007
    There are a lot of reasons to come to PAX, but I don't expect "meeting the opposite sex" to be high up on the list for many. Yes, people come to PAX to meet other like minded gamers, but honestly, if it's their prerogative to get shot down, let them be. :)

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited February 2007
    It's never too early to start thinking about PAX

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited February 2007
    oh dear god.

Ya, This is what im trying to avoid at pax. Atleast, its all that more entertaining on a forum.

I think it's just funny.

Also BrokenA: Brilliant. I'll have to use it somewhere...somehow.

Trillian on

• Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    There are a lot of reasons to come to PAX, but I don't expect "meeting the opposite sex" to be high up on the list for many. Yes, people come to PAX to meet other like minded gamers, but honestly, if it's their prerogative to get shot down, let them be. :)
    Alphamonkey posted: Today, 10:57 PM
    Robert Khoo posted: Today, 10:57 PM
    Seriously, how do you do that? I'm starting to believe that you aren't an actual human, but instead a very elaborate robot. Ping pong and lumines only furthers my theory...

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited February 2007
    I have my eye on you, Alpha.

watch out.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I have my eye on you, Alpha.

watch out.

:winky:

EDIT: I met my ex at PAX 05. Enough said on that one. D:

Then I met Pola not through PAX and it's been quite alright so far. Who'd have guessed :D

Trillian on

• Options
    RelativioxRelativiox Halo Nerd Forerunner shield world OnyxRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Relativiox on
    iris_forumsig.gif
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    For those of you reading, Please respect the ladies who come to pax. I saw some of the most horrible pickup lines in history there. It was painful to watch, Please for the love of all that is gaming--

Please don't come to pax expecting to meet your soulemate or something like that.

Who really gives a rats ass?

While I agree with you, you can't stop people from doing what they want. You can, however, ask for people to try to not use the boards(like...create threads just for attention) to find womens(or guys) to hook up with during PAX.

It's like making a thread telling people to shower at PAX. It's useless because those people aren't going to anyway.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    BigRed wrote: »
    *Looks in at thread*

...wow

*runs away*

hawt

asl?!

:P

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Hey Legacy, I'm moving up near Seattle. We should hook up. You're hot.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    ctishman wrote: »
    Hey Legacy, I'm moving up near Seattle. We should hook up. You're hot.

:winky:

Legacy on
  • Options
    ndruondruo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dropping cheesy pickup lines is fun, at best. Really, really, shameful and embarassing at worst. A lot of people will do it for cheap thrills and as sort of a defense mechanism against rejection.

Boo to that, wtb confidence to actually approach a girl with the intent to romance.

Super-direct confessions like the forementioned are also dangerous. A woman will not be impressed if you just walk up to her and say "HAY. U R HOT." It's creepy, dude. Subtlety is a must. Building rapport is also a necessity.

That being said, some of this stuff is ridiculously hi-larious. Keep em coming, guys.

ndruo on
  • Options
    teamquigganteamquiggan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    In responce to the FragDoll article posted:

I hate gamer girls with an irritating chip on their shoulder.

I couldn't care less your gender. If you beat me don't say "Beat by a girl, lol!" Way to go miss perpetuation.

Also boys nearing puberty sound alot like some 20 something girls, so when a dude asks "RU a grl?" It may just not be a crack at you being a girl. Don't expect me or anyone else really, to care enough to put thought into looking into your gamer profile, we couldn't be bothered.

"Actually, we play these games all the time - you see, we're don't limit ourselves to genres; we play whatever tickles our fancy, be it pink, be it blue, be it purple. Isn’t that what gaming is about? Besides, it doesn’t change the fact we are stomping you on an FPS at the same time. Come up with a better insult."

Well while we are taking a stop in the realm of personal anicdote, My Grandmother, Sister, Mom, Girl-friend and 3 female cousons play video games,
    ALL of them like Monkeyball and Tetris, the youger set like DDR and Guitar hero NONE of them even touch FPSes or RTSes in normal gaming conditions. So I guess that makes it about 7 to 1, for me personally.

The rest are simple insults, its easier to make more pointed trashtalk when you have spefic details about you, being ugly, stupid, fat, or prepubecent are other perfectly acceptable trashtalking targets and become more effective the truer they are.

Also I use cheesey pick up lines on girls I know who won't take it seriously, because, well, its funny.

teamquiggan on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    HAY NDRUO! U R HAWT! WANNA2CYBER?! winky.gif

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    oh you KNOW it bigred! you better live up to your handle!

ndruo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    And crap, you should be flattered that some guys built up enough courage to even talk to you, talking to you in an aquard half joking manner probably the most action they've ever got.

teamquiggan on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    And crap, you should be flattered that some guys built up enough courage to even talk to you, talking to you in an aquard half joking manner probably the most action they've ever got.
    These are people, not target practice! Haha! Good for them, but... even if social skills are at a premium among nerds it's important to treat them as people :P

ndruo on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I dont think its practice, I think it is their big game. Otherwise they are just jerks, and those guys are everywhere.

teamquiggan on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Oh my goodness...children please.

I am a girl (but I won't sleep with you so don't ask) I enjoy the odd RTS game (anything to do with pirates) and FPS games can be pretty fun (hellooo Lost Planet) I've even got a big soft spot (and I'm not fat) for Def Jam Icon (just the demo for now), simply because I can throw someone into a flamey gas pump then make it explode.

Branding all females as attention whores who only play Tetris, Animal Crossing and DDR is not only ignorant, but pretty inflammatory as well.

We're just people too y'know.

t: BigRed: A/S/L baby ;)<3

Trillian on

• Options
    HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dose anyone remember hearing about the guy, who was looking to meet a girl at PAX on Craigslist?

Highfire on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Highfire wrote: »
    Dose anyone remember hearing about the guy, who was looking to meet a girl at PAX on Craigslist?

Yeah. I saw that listing...
    I am a girl (but I won't sleep with you so don't ask)

Bullshit!

Legacy on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Legacy wrote:

Bullshit!

Hey in my defence I never nailed anyone at PAX

D:

I'm not Recruit here okay!

Trillian on

• Options
    edited February 2007
    Legacy wrote:

Bullshit!

D:

Actually, we didn't have sex ;P Just a lot of other things....

BrokenAngel on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Legacy wrote:

Bullshit!

D:

There's still time... :P

Legacy on
This discussion has been closed.