As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2009 MacHeist Bundle

iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
macheist_header.jpg

What is MacHeist?
It begins with the missions....

MacHeist's missions are an opportunity for our members to live out some of those secret agent fantasies, including mission briefings, simulated web espionage, and a storyline packed with tech-mystery intrigue, while earning free Mac software.

Over 300,000 MacHeist members have experienced the Mac themed, puzzle filled missions, receiving millions of dollars worth of free Mac software so far.

....but it all ends with the MacHeist bundle

The MacHeist bundle was introduced in December 2006 to huge success within the Macintosh community. The software bundle offered 10 of the Mac indie development community's best offerings, and was available at the end of the MacHeist promotion for one week.

The bundle was called the greatest Mac software deal in history, and has never been available since then. Customers snapped up over 16,000 copies, and donated 25% of their purchase to various charities. After over $190,000 was raised by customers by the end of the sale, MacHeist topped it off and $200,000 was raised in total.

But we didn't stop there... in 2007 we held MacHeist II and it became the biggest Mac shareware event ever. Quite possibly the biggest software event ever on any platform.

We had more of everything: more missions, more puzzles, more free Mac software, and more of you... and the community grew to become one of the largest Mac communities on the net!

Then we topped it off with a truly amazing deal... 14 Top Mac apps worth right around $500 for the same low $49 price. How did it do? Well, we sold over 44,000 bundles and $500,000 was raised for charity. Truly amazing!

Now we’re back in full-force with MacHeist 3, and we’re here to bring you the most spectacular Mac software event in history.

Yeah, yeah, wall-o-text. The short answer is that MacHeist is a decently priced software bundle.

This year the bundle is being sold for $39, and there are a total of 12 apps in the bundle (4 of which will have to be "unlocked" by reaching a certain number of bundles sold).

What apps are in the bundle?
  1. iSale - eBay Reloaded: pretty up your actions with templates and such.
  2. Picturesque - Stop opening big, clunky photo software just to touch up your pictures.
  3. SousChef - Whether you need ideas, a better kitchen companion, or a way to share your recipes with the world, SousChef is the cooking assistant you’ve been waiting for.
  4. World of Goo - World of Goo is a wildly imaginative puzzle game that keeps surprising and delighting from the first menu screen to the final credits. Small, lemming-like blobs of goo can form flexible bonds when placed next to each other. Your goal is typically to help get the blobs to where they’re going [...]
  5. PhoneView - Apple locks up the iPhone and iPod touch pretty tight, but PhoneView gives you back your data. Notes, SMS logs, your call history, disk storage, and more are now all accessible, thanks to PhoneView.
  6. LittleSnapper - Offering an end-to-end solution for snapping, editing, organizing and sharing images, LittleSnapper is like iPhoto on steroids for your photo workflow, and combined with the online Quicksnapper service, a photographic memory for anything visual on your computer.
  7. Acorn - Acorn is a photo editor built for the rest of us. With a simple interface and tools for adding everything from text, shapes, and effects, you can make the perfect picture in seconds and minutes, not hours and days.
  8. Kinematic - Real time, professional 3D animation has never been so simple, yet looked so good. Kinemac offers all the tools you need to create stunning animations for any audience on any medium.
  9. WireTap Studio - WireTap Studio is the ultimate recording utility, giving you complete control to record, organize, edit and share sound from any application or system input. If you can hear it on your Mac, WireTap Studio can record it.
  10. BoinxTV - BoinxTV Sponsored Edition is a complete "TV studio in a box," ideal for recording podcasts, seminars, and other events.
  11. The Hit List - Your life is complicated, but managing it doesn't need to be. The Hit List is a task manager that is simple to use, yet powerful enough for the most demanding workaholics.
  12. Espresso - From the same company that brought you CSSEdit, Espresso features innovative text organization and visualization tools that help you work both faster and smarter.
  13. Cro-Mag Rally (New Addition) - Man invented the wheel, and soon he learned how to race with it in Cro-Mag Rally, a blast to the past from the makers of Bugdom and Enigmo. Get behind the prehistoric wheel with Brog the caveman and a whole lot of weapons and bonuses that are anything but primitive.
  14. Times (New Addition) - Unlike other readers, Times treats news the way it should be, displaying headlines and photos together from a variety of sources to keep you better informed. It looks like reading a traditional newspaper, but you control the entire experience.

I've used Acorn, LittleSnapper, and The Hit List before (trials) and they're good software. I'm quite excited about Little Snapper, THL, and PhoneView.

If you want to buy the bundle, but you already own an app you can gift licenses on the purchase page. You can also refer friends (link below if you happen to want to use a referral link from me) and earn a couple extra applications.

Ill try to keep this updated as locked apps are unlocked.

Happy heisting guys.

Macheist
My referral link

Tweetblast
WTF? Tweetblast? Yes, tweetblast. Basically if you've bought the bundle, and you are willing to whore your twitter account for an update you can get Delicious Library 2, and Multiwinia! Linky! This might be a limited thing. Phil Ryu said "Good until the monster eats all the multiwinias" or something, so hop to it you whores!

iTunesIsEvil on

• Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Man, I've been meaning to get World of Goo and Wiretap for ages. So bought once this gets to $100,000.

Drunk_caterpillar on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Awesome. I already had a copy of the Mac version of World of Goo, so I gifted it to my brother. At the minimum, I wanted a copy of the new version of Wiretap, so I made out well. :D (Especially with the discount from completing all three Heists.)

I'd bet it'd cross the 100k mark in the next hour.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Updated the OP, WireTap Studio was just unlocked.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I purchase iSale every single major release. iSale is amazing.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2009
    Yep, gonna buy this.

Echo on
  • KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Well, the only thing I really want in this bundle is Espresso, so I've got all my fingers crossed that it gets unlocked eventually.

Kris on
  • Epyon9283Epyon9283 Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Bought the bundle... Hoping to get Espresso.

Epyon9283 on
  • xWonderboyxxWonderboyx Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Hmmm... Payday is next week. I will have to try and remember this. All of those programs interest me (even iSale because my wife is always selling shit on eBay).

xWonderboyx on
    shark2.jpg
    XBL - Follow Freeman
  • stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Silly question, but if you buy the bundle now and they reach the sale target later, the rest get unlocked and you can download them as well, correct?

stigweard on
  • RBachRBach Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    That is correct.

RBach on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2009
    I read on another forum that last year they reduced their sales goal by the end, cause they didn't reach expectations, which unlocked everything in the bundle anyways. Not sure if it's true or not, but if it is, I hope they do that this go-round. No way would Espresso get unlocked otherwise. :(

Kris on
  • LindenLinden Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    WireTap Studio? Now we're talking!
    DEVONthink and TextMate from the first bundle made it a reasonable investment for me, and WireTap is something I've hoped to get for months now - I've just never been able to justify the pricetag. PhoneView and The Hit List look interesting, and World of Goo is icing on the proverbial cake.

Linden on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    acorn was really unstable on my macbook. it kept locking up

mts on
    camo_sig.png
    edited March 2009
    Cro-Mag Rally was just added to the bundle. Still no Espresso. :(

Kris on
    edited March 2009
    i still don't know if i want this. world of goo is something i have been meanign to get, and that recipe one looks nice, but i am still unsure

mts on
    camo_sig.png
    edited April 2009
    Kris wrote: »
    Still no Espresso. :(

Feels like they aimed way too high on this one.

Echo on
    edited April 2009
    Added Cro-Mag rally to the list of apps in the OP.

And, yeah Echo, its beginning to feel that way too. Though in previous bundles if it's looked like they weren't going to hit a certain point they adjusted it so it would be met.

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited April 2009
    Another update added to OP, see the "Tweetblast" part.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    FUCK. I paid $40 for Delicious Library last month because I didn't think they would have it in MacHeist again. FUCK.

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Thanks for that. I picked up a bundle and got the two apps for tweeting.

Nimble Cat on
  • stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Same, but my Delicious library license says it will only appear after 72 hours.

stigweard on
    edited April 2009
    stigweard wrote: »
    Same, but my Delicious library license says it will only appear after 72 hours.
    Same here. Mine says "within 72 hours", but yeah.

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited April 2009
    It still let me download and use it. I'm having fun adding my stuff to it.

Edit: Oh I see, it only lets you add 25 items without a license.

Nimble Cat on
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nice, I was wanting a copy of Multiwinia.

Heh, I was wondering if they were going to do the Tweetblast thing again. (Earlier during the Missions they gave away a copy of DEVONthink for Tweetblasting.)

This reminds me that I actually need to go through and install the applications from the Missions.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    edited April 2009
    hey anyone want some apps. there are some i have no real interest in.

also is the full license version of acorn more stable, i had downloaded it from somewhere and it froze an awlful lot

mts on
    camo_sig.png
    edited April 2009
    Well, I just cracked and bought the bundle, cause Delicious library really sweetened the deal. Plus I had $6 off from the missions. Now I'm just hoping they'll unlock Espresso some how. Espressoooooooo.

Kris on
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    so is it the full version of delicious library...'cos that would really make it worth it.

BobCesca on
    edited April 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    so is it the full version of delicious library...'cos that would really make it worth it.

Can't see why not, it's listed as full price in the offer.

Echo on
    edited April 2009
    It'll be the full version, but there's a chance that the license will be like some of the other licenses from Macheist bundles, where you won't be able to upgrade to later versions at a reduced "upgrade" cost.

Kris on
    edited April 2009
    BobCesca wrote: »
    They're full licenses. Also, what Kris said regarding major-version updates that will come in the future.

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited April 2009
    I crumbled and got it.

So far, so fun!

BobCesca on
    edited April 2009
    Minus a few quirks and annoyances, Delicious Library is absolutely amazing. :^:

Kris on
    edited April 2009
    Okay, that was bullshit. I already had a Delicious Library license.

The one I got from the MacHeist deal was... the same license.

Echo on
  • Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kris wrote: »
    Minus a few quirks and annoyances, Delicious Library is absolutely amazing. :^:

It really is. Saves me from dragging my huge DVD binder everywhere. I just shoot people a link to my Movies page and ask "what should I bring?".

Mike Danger on
    Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Echo wrote: »
    Okay, that was bullshit. I already had a Delicious Library license.

The one I got from the MacHeist deal was... the same license.

Wha? That is bullshit. Maybe an email to the Macheist team might help? *fingers crossed*

Kris on
    edited April 2009
    Times has been added to the bundle as a bonus app. It seems to be an RSS reader, but styled in a newspaper format.

Kris on
    edited April 2009
    The Times app looks pretty cool. I'll have to check it out a little more in depth tomorrow.

Nimble Cat on
    edited April 2009
    The Times app looks quite useful.

So far, this year's bundle is pretty good, and I'm making use of them.

BobCesca on
  • ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh wow, that Delicious Library app looks pretty cool, is there a similar app for Windows? :oops:

Impersonator on
    edited April 2009
    Oh wow, that Delicious Library app looks pretty cool, is there a similar app for Windows? :oops:

I know there's one that rips off the entire appearance, but it's pretty buggy and generally nowhere near as good. Can't remember the name right now.

Echo on