As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Temptation Island [Phalla] - Game Over (Zealot Victory! Party Animal Draw)

• Mark L. WalbergMark L. Walberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Vote Closed

Posts marked 2159 EST count but those marked 2200 EST do not.

Sorry about not being around; I was roped into beers and dinner after work which turned into another drink or two at a karaoke bar. Sorry for not being around. Narration shortly.

Mark L. Walberg on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I was!!!

At least up until recently. I only got my first evil role a few months ago.

You, however, you were evil first off!

And you've never changed!!!

Well ok, you did. You're not Rainy.

You loved me in Phallout.

Or something.....

lonelyahava on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I love you in and out of phallout ahava.

Except when you need to die. :D

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
    edited April 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    Aw junk. I forgot to put in my red vote. But I didn't see an official 'vote closed', so JaysonFour.

Doesn't count, but I appreciate the effort and did (accidentally) leave you guys high and dry, so I'll count it for activity purposes.

Mark L. Walberg on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Awwwww

I love being loved.

Even if it is by you, Toxic.

And damn, I'm not sure if I voted. I should have voted when I got online, but I figured, Hey.. vote closed while my computer was being an ass (stupid computer!!), and I missed it.

HMPH!

lonelyahava on
    edited April 2009
    Night Seven

On Air
    "Hey-Hey, sexy Singles! How are you this afternoon? Soaking up the sun? How about that money—been trying to think of a scheme to steal it from the others? Or, have you concocted a plan to work with another and split the money? I guess it's time to find out—who would you like to send to the Booth?

"Oh Ryan, it looks like you're going to have to come with me and step into the Booth. But, who will you target to move even further away from the prize? No guesses? Yeah, I've no clue either. At any rate, step on into the Booth, Ryan.

"Anyway, while Ryan speaks to our cameras… how have the rest of you been doing? Good, I hope. The nights haven't been too long for you, have they? Good. Hopefully tonight's as fun as the last, 'cause I won't see you again until tomorrow. Play nice!"

Off Air
    Well, you'll be happy to know, everyone, that the new twist in the show bumped up our numbers last night. Unfortunately, the bigwigs say it's not enough and the Zealots are still dragging our numbers down overall. This cannot continue, they stress—it's almost not even worth a quarter million dollar incentive anymore. Wowza!

So, let's get through this Roll Call so we can make with the Vote and get rid of some Zealots! Darian, or "Ethan" however, and lonelyahava—also known as "Molly"—are both missing, as you may have noticed. The Producers say the two weren't cut out for the show and had to leave the island. Television is a high-pressure game, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Falling rating hurt everyone, or didn't you know that, Dac Vin? That's right, "Adam," your name appears all over the anonymous Zealot websites credited with our ratings downfall—I bet you didn't even think of the families you're making go hungry back on the mainland. People work hard on this island, man. Oh, and you're not any better, "Sophie." Oh yes, don't think we haven't noticed how common a search for Doxa and the Zealot websites is. There are thousands of hits—clearly we're on to you. The two of you should just stand over there for a minute—I'll be with you shortly.

One more thing—I bet you thought you had your partying under control, right? Well, I'm pretty sure enlightenedbum, if he were able to speak, could tell you otherwise. Our medics found him passed out from some potent brew—they're not even sure if his liver will ever recover. Plus, "Max" more than likely did some permanent damage to his esophagus with all the hurling he did in the medi-tent. Man, that place still stinks. Trust me, you should be glad that smelly bloke won't be rejoining the game.

At any rate, who do the rest of you think is one of those blasted Zealots? Could it be you, Toxic Toys? Oh, you don't really know? That's all right… I've heard enough rumours about what you may and may not know about the Zealots, so why don't you stand aside as well while I deal with the vote from the others. Yes, over there. Thanks.

So, who will it be? JaysonFour, is it? All right, come with me "Phoebe." We'll have a little chat on our way to the helicopter pad with the others. As for the rest of you, have a good night and I'll see you tomorrow afternoon. Sleep well!
    Players Removed
    JaysonFour
    Dac Vin
    Doxa
    enlightenedbum
    lonelyahava
    Darian
    Toxic Toys

Activity Status
    The following players receive a warning for not registering a Red vote for Night 7. If they miss Night 8 they will be removed. If any player misses two consecutive Nights or any three Nights they will be removed.

Locus

Mark L. Walberg on
    edited April 2009
    PMs are out. Let me know if you missed something you think you should have.

Mark L. Walberg on
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    oOOoOoOo
    good vigging, there. Go team!
    oOOOoOOo

Darian on
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Goddam I just knew smuggling that cellphone for some sweet phone browsing wasn't such a good Idea

Dac Vin on
    edited April 2009
    OOooOOOoOOOOooo

*CACKLES*

BOOYAH!

OOOoooOOOOoooOOO

lonelyahava on
  • Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Praise Jesus!

And I hope the rest of you go to hell

ooOOOOOoOooOOoOOOOooooo

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    oOoOoOoOo
    HOLY SHIT THEY WERE BOTH RED FOR ONCE!!!!
    OoooOOooo

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hmm... I'm gonna have to go with trust for very consistently contributing pretty much nothing. For how little I've noticed your presence you're one of the only people left that hasn't had an inactivity warning, I guess that's not something I should be punishing, I just think it's a bit weird. In fact, now I feel a little bad about it, as for continually at least showing up you should probably be rewarded somehow, but it just seems a little off.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !Jayson Four for the drive-by posting ... especially considering that TT has been pretty nearly cleared of all signs of wrongdoings

This makes me go with !WilDPanthA05

Arasaki on
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Agreed. !WilDPanthA05

Delmain on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    OOOoooOOO

Last night I was trusting Toxic too, dammit too slow

oooOOOOooo

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    edited April 2009
    Also, Trust, Tehsloth and Andrew Ryan are all seeming a little suspicious to me right now, mainly due to their votes last night. If I get the chance I'll go back through and see if I can uncover anything else.

Edit: Also Ryadic.

Arasaki on
  • WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh please, the man was barely active and when he was he dropped in one line fluff all the time. Trust me, I'm little more than a hot skank lookin' for some sweet sweet lovin.

!Delmain for jumping on and Araski considering I wasn't the only one voted for J4

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited April 2009
    It's not because of your JaysonFour vote, but rather because you said TT had been verified, and he then turned out to be a Zealot.

Arasaki on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    This "Erin" chick is makin some sense. WildPantha05, I really should've seen Toxic coming with how hard the element brian stuff was getting blown out of proportion.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So you guys are thinking WildPantha05 was trying to set up precedent for thinking TT had been cleared of suspicion, therefore he's probably a zealot too?

And, just for TehSloth, as I keep saying, and will always say in every phalla game I play, I'm not inactive, I keep up to date with the thread all the time. I'm just not that talkative.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
    edited April 2009
    Unless you have anything better to go off Trust, it's the best clue I can see at the moment.

Arasaki on
  • TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    WildPantha05. I put that in as a semi-serious placeholder, barring any major turn of events.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
    edited April 2009
    Arasaki wrote: »
    It's not because of your JaysonFour vote, but rather because you said TT had been verified, and he then turned out to be a Zealot.

I thought he had after Burnage had dropped the issue when he defended himself and no one else picked it up to attack him. And, considering he talked so much it looked like everyone else thought of him as fine as well especially when they were switching their votes to Darian and J4 ... I'm just surprised that no one else attacked TT if they thought he was evil when Burnage stopped asking questions ...

Either way, I'm going to have a damn good time if I'm getting pushed out as a villager *strips* who wants to have a final fling with Charrrrrrloottttttteee???

WilDPanthA05 on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    WildPantha05 - I can go with that for now.

Plus I am totally keeping my promise from earlier in the thread that I would cause pain if Ahava and Toxic were both evil.

Burnage on
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    Well, this is probably a really bad time to vote and run, but I don't have any choice. Chalk it up to 1) me almost losing my job this weekend because of a stupid mistake and having to work my ass off to make up for it, and 2) having no fucking clue what's going on in this phalla.

That being said, Toxic Toys has been dancing around being voted off for awhile now (or at least that's the sense I get). Plus he's been making a lot of "mistakes" in his arguments. Coincidence? Maybe. But it's the best I have to go on right now.

Tomorrow I have more time so maybe I'll go through the thread and see if I can find anything suspicious.

So I've been OK'd by village specials, tried to help figure out what the hell is going on, and made one mistake and you jump on me. After being inactive?

I'm not perfect, but I'm willing to say what i think, which a lot of people are not doing now. At the end of a game we need the most interaction, not the least.

Does anyone know who this person is that "OK'd" him? If so, we may want to start looking at this person. He could be referring to me when I role blocked him, which is my power, but I never actually OK'd him. I came out and said that I used my power on him and that was that. This was when Pablo was in the hot seat. So we need to look for someone else that may be lying like Toxic was.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    WildPanthA05 wins the bandwagon of the day it seems.

You guys don't even wanna know what was in that booth.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    WildPanthA05 sounds like a great choice unless something else comes to light later today.

Varcayn on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Well, this is probably a really bad time to vote and run, but I don't have any choice. Chalk it up to 1) me almost losing my job this weekend because of a stupid mistake and having to work my ass off to make up for it, and 2) having no fucking clue what's going on in this phalla.

That being said, Toxic Toys has been dancing around being voted off for awhile now (or at least that's the sense I get). Plus he's been making a lot of "mistakes" in his arguments. Coincidence? Maybe. But it's the best I have to go on right now.

Tomorrow I have more time so maybe I'll go through the thread and see if I can find anything suspicious.

So I've been OK'd by village specials, tried to help figure out what the hell is going on, and made one mistake and you jump on me. After being inactive?

I'm not perfect, but I'm willing to say what i think, which a lot of people are not doing now. At the end of a game we need the most interaction, not the least.

Does anyone know who this person is that "OK'd" him? If so, we may want to start looking at this person. He could be referring to me when I role blocked him, which is my power, but I never actually OK'd him. I came out and said that I used my power on him and that was that. This was when Pablo was in the hot seat. So we need to look for someone else that may be lying like Toxic was.
    I suspect that he was indeed talking about you. That was why I was like "Uh, that's not really OK'd dude".

The WildPanther bandwagon seems to be steaming ahead nicely, I'll see if there's anybody else I find suspicious.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited April 2009
    WildPanthA05 sounds good enough.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    WildPantha it is

The_Reflection on
  • duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !trust for second.

durax on
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    WildPantha seems like the solid choice.

simonwolf on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ffffffff I got sidetracked by work.

WildPantha I guess.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Ryadic wrote: »

You mean like you and The_Reflection? You both have claimed to be blockers, and yet you're still alive. That seems odd, especially since you claim to have blocked a zealot. Unless you have a bus driver protecting you (possible, I suppose, but seems unlikely), it doesn't look like they targeted you last night. I find that pretty damn suspicious.

Loxx on
  • LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Driving back to my apartment in a bit, so I'm going to stick a vote on Ryadic. The more I read your post, the more I get the sense that you're trying to divert everyone away from your comments about blocking Toxic because they were an attempt to make you both seem trustworthy.

Loxx on
  • DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    yeah, I'm gonna be with !WildPantha

Doxa on
    edited April 2009
    Doxa, I....I don't know how to tell you this, but....

....you're dead.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited April 2009
    Doxa, I....I don't know how to tell you this, but....

....you're dead.

That sucks

WilDPanthA05 on
    edited April 2009
    Just wanna say, that if I die tonight, you should go after Loxx tomorrow. I have a feeling he's a religious zealot and should go bye bye.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png