As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hannah Montana on the DS! (Use the other Rock Band thread)

• LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    "The Future Is Now" prize or whatever ought to include like, 8 Stage Kits and a package of Tang or something ridiculous like that. Nothing says future more than orange juice from space and strobe lights.

That's brilliant, actually. Imagine:

- 8 stage kits
    - Package of Tang
    - Silver space suit
    - Aviator goggles
    - Coupon for free DLC song: [vidurl=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG5RUNlxtkA]"The Final Countdown"[/vidurl]

With the caveat that the winner has to take video of him or her using the prize and post it on YouTube.

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • SulSul Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    no wii option in the star trek thing...

Sul on
    Who is the mortal I see every morning with more than a little bit he must be important
    Nintendo Friend Code: SW-0689-9921-0006
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The Wii does not use redemption codes.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    C'mon C'mon is pretty fun on drums.

quovadis13 on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    They should have Star Trek DLC though.

Vocal FC Expert TOS Theme

alternately I'll post this again as a DLC request

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9MAiDXhFLA

edit: oh dear god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hh_vSdg0Qk

FyreWulff on
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Actually, it does.

Shady3011 on
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Anybody have the picture that was posted in this thread of Rock Band 2 characters in a poster's band, one of whom wore the gas mask?

One of my guys has TWO gas masks, one on his face and one in reserve. That's how prepared he is for the apocalypse.

In fact, that give me an idea for the contest...

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2009
    Shady3011 wrote: »

Actually, it does.

I imagine the contract was only written up for PS3/Xbox, actually. This was probably done and inked last year, before anyone even knew that Wii would get RB2 with DLC.

FyreWulff on
  • RCagentRCagent Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Play on the easiest difficulty? Hells to the no!

You gotta get 90% on My Last Words without looking at the damn screen.

RCagent on
    edited April 2009
    I always thought it was hilarious that when I first got Rock Band, the only song I could 99% on expert Vocals was Don't Fear the Reaper.

FyreWulff on
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I always thought it was hilarious that when I first got Rock Band, the only song I could 99% on expert Vocals was Don't Fear the Reaper.

Yeah. I started on barely beating Say It Ain't So on medium to doing expert on every song. It's crazy. Not sure if it's because I'm improving my voice or if I'm just getting a better understanding on how the game recognizes my voice. Probably both.

I do love how I feel when I know I can finally destroy a certain pattern on drums now. Got all the drum training achievements finally. Some of them are a real bitch.

And I don't know if I've expressed how much fun the No Doubt album is on drums. Same with Ten. I was going to buy one or two songs from both, but decided to buy both after listening more to them(and playing through Ten at a friends house). Sooo good.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Legacy wrote: »

Yeah. I started on barely beating Say It Ain't So on medium to doing expert on every song. It's crazy. Not sure if it's because I'm improving my voice or if I'm just getting a better understanding on how the game recognizes my voice. Probably both.

Definitely both. I could definitely sing before trying with RB, but now I know how the limits of my voice and how to hold certain notes. It feels kick-ass, too. :P

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

I think my spleen just ruptured. D:

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
  • UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    hmxmoss wrote: »

I think my spleen just ruptured. D:
    Very similar thoughts here.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    Anybody have the picture that was posted in this thread of Rock Band 2 characters in a poster's band, one of whom wore the gas mask?

Are you thinking of my band?

See sig for details. That there is The Whispering Damned. They don't exist anymore due to the bricking of my PS3 and the subsequent reformatting of my hard drive.

Descendant X on
    Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Can_CalyxCan_Calyx Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey gang,

You got a little sneak peak at this week's announcement a few days ago when we announced the Toby Keith Pack 01 and, as promised, we have a few other singles to go a long with the pack. Check it out!

Black Tide - Warriors of Time
    Bullet for My Valentine - Waking the Demon
    The Shins - New Slang

Toby Keith - Beer for My Horses
    Toby Keith - I Love This Bar
    Toby Keith - She’s a Hottie
    Toby Keith - Should’ve Been a Cowboy
    Toby Keith - Who’s Your Daddy?
    Toby Keith - How Do You Like Me Now

(All tracks are original master recordings)

Price:
    $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track
    $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for Toby Keith Pack 01

Locations:
    Xbox LIVE Marketplace for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Network

Release Date:
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace for Xbox 360®)
    Thursday, April 9, 2009 (PlayStation®Store)

Nothing for me this week. Considering Mythic's release on Thursday, this is probably a good thing.

Can_Calyx on
    Those Days Different.
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Probably a few of the Toby Keith songs, but otherwise this week is a "Meh"

quovadis13 on
  • BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Nice, Shins.

BlindPsychic on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm all over that Shins tune.

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Mmmmmm, Shins. I'm getting behind on DLC again. I've missed out on a lot of stuff I want to get in the last few weeks.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So my wife and I have always said that we'd love to have some Gorillaz in Rock Band. Unfortunately, because of the process that is behind the gorillaz, we figured it would never happen.

However, my wife was looking at the trailers for the documentary they're making about it, called Bananaz, and found out that the main guy behind it was the singer in Blur.

So if we can't ever get Gorillaz, then we should atleast get the next best thing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg4aPJ93b8o&feature=PlayList&p=5CEB86BA9EB30526&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=45

Note that he sounds exactly like 2-D.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, Damon Albarn co-created Gorillaz.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kor wrote: »

(everyone knew this but you)

On another note New Slang is a pretty bad choice for a Shins song. At least for the game. I mean really. Wow. I like some Shins but listening to New Slang as I type this and I can't imagine having any fun playing it. It doesn't help that I play drums 99% of the time.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah seriously, I like the Shins as much as the next guy but there are much better songs they could have picked.

UnbreakableVow on
  • KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    FightTest wrote: »
    Kor wrote: »

(everyone knew this but you)

Well atleast I share my information, rather than just assume everybody knows everything.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I love the RB Forums. They do not disappoint:
    THANK YOU ROCKBAND!!!! I have saved soooo much money this year thanks to these ridiculously horrible DLC's. I used to download everything just to provide my support...I am still hoping next year you will put out DLC's of music that people request and music we actually listen to. Until then, you can count me out...

I can't say I'm too keen on the three additional songs, so I'll wait for the chart videos to check them out. I think I'd rather load up on some points and pick up some tracks I've skipped over the last while, however.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited April 2009
    Because everyone knows picking DLC is as easy as looking at all the Metallica requests.

Arikado on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, to be fair, Metallica is a pretty obvious "let's do this" for DLC...

For some insane reason, I was listening to Load on my way in to work. There are a few really good songs on there that would be fun for RB. Wasting My Hate, Hero of the Day, Ain't My Bitch... yeah.

I need GH: Metallica.

Fawst on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    Give me some Dire Straits dammit!

I try to sneak this statement into every RB thread here.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited April 2009
    Give me some Dire Straits dammit!

I try to sneak this statement into every RB thread here.

For all of our sakes, I hope some is coming. Go here and select Request a Song. But you know know they're WMG, right? I've lowered my expectations as a result... Even to the point of not requesting WMG stuff if I can help it.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yes, yes, we should listen to the Rock Band forums. Ten, Texas Flood, The Offspring, Thin Lizzy, Journey, and Grateful Dead among others are all just so so terrible. Who would want any of that crap?

I mean, there must be, like, Ten Ten fans in the whole world MIRITE!? ololololooool

Whenever I think of Rock Band forumers, I always remember this kid.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yay for New Slang!

Nimble Cat on
    edited April 2009
    It got better. Right after that was an even more obvious troll post saying the choice of Ten was a bad one since everybody knows there are other, better Pearl Jam albums, an obvious reference to the recent Spongebob DLC, a proclamation that GH:WT was bought only for the Queen DLC but the rest is good too, and a demand that they settle their beef with WMG.

It ends with this:
    P.P.S i have over 500 songs for RockBand 1 & 2. But i stopped investing in you.

What's not to love?

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited April 2009
    I need to acquire Ten. Why does it have to cost money?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I need to acquire Ten. Why does it have to cost money?

Gold-plating my apartment is expensive.

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Goddamnit people. Buying an object that does not increase in value is not investing in something

FyreWulff on
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Goddamnit people. Buying an object that does not increase in value is not investing in something

I guess the idea is that you're investing in Harmonix's future products, maybe.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
    edited April 2009
    So after installing Rock Band 2 to my new hard drive, I have noticed absolutely nothing different.

Arikado on
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I noticed a really minor decrease in load times. I mostly have it installed to keep strain on the disc drive low, as well as to keep the RB2 disc in good condition.

Dehumanized on