As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

CMSCP - PAX09 Alternative Pub Crawl

MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in PAX Archive
Welcome non-fans of Twlight (bleh!) to the first annual meeting of:

laoplaabl.jpg

Those who have chosen to forsaken the wicked followers of glittery vampires unite under our banner of irish carbombs and mockery of all that is emo vampires.

Think of this as a crawl in a crawl. We will go along withthem just dressed our way and doing our thing but along with them. This is in no way intended to fracture up the crawl itself. We still want wish everyone to be together.

I wish to make it clear that we do not wish this to happen but we as self loving people can not allow the filth that is Twilight permeate the pure vestige that is going from bar to bar and getting drunk. We have taken this stand and now will follow another path, hoping that the two shall intersect in peace but with all emo vampire acrutraments falling to the wayside.

Please tip your bike helmets to JonnyNero for coming up with the name.

MaoChan on

• mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If I drank alcohol, this is the crawl I would participate in.

You have the mentok1982 seal of approval. (Arf! Arf!)

I loves me some vampires, but I hates me some Twilight.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Let's discuss Mormon cosplay. We are going to need to find bad ties
    mormons.jpg
    and black name tags
    26%20Mormons.JPG

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • redhaloredhalo Also a Professional Alcoholic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    AHAHAHahahahaha!

But seriously...car bombs.

redhalo on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    Also, the book of mormon.

May I suggest the books be fake? Maybe james bond style. They look like books, but do something much more sinister.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I can provide a decent amount of bad ties. I will get a definite count tonight

JonnyNero on
  • MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Also pike helmets and backpacks. My hairdresser has a stack of TBOM (The Book of Mormon) that I can probably snag a few so that we can slap emo vampires with.

MaoChan on
    edited April 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

May I suggest the books be fake? Maybe james bond style. They look like books, but do something much more sinister.

Oh man, they be hollowed out books with flasks in them?

MaoChan on
    edited April 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Oh man, they be hollowed out books with flasks in them?

Fuck yes.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    so, let me get this straight.

this is the bar crawl for people who felt fully comfortable going out in public dressed as adolescent wizards but refuse to be associated with sparkly vampires?

Monoxide on
    edited April 2009
    Man the joke's on Atlus.

I would just like to point out that I will still be contributing my dollar to Atlus's crawl so as that he doesn't think he scared away charity with his Twilight nonsense.

redhalo on
    edited April 2009
    Monoxide wrote: »
    so, let me get this straight.

this is the bar crawl for people who felt fully comfortable going out in public dressed as adolescent wizards but refuse to be associated with sparkly vampires?

Sounds about right. You in?

redhalo on
    edited April 2009
    redhalo wrote: »
    Man the joke's on Atlus.

I would just like to point out that I will still be contributing my dollar to Atlus's crawl so as that he doesn't think he scared away charity with his Twilight nonsense.

Think of this as a crawl in a crawl. We will go along withthem just dressed our way and doing our thing but along with them. This is in no way intended to fracture up the crawl itself.

MaoChan on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2009
    See I was thinking that this crawl would make use of different bars and not associate with the vampires at all.
    Man the joke's on Atlus.

I'm pretty sure that's what he did.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited April 2009
    MaoChan wrote: »
    Man the joke's on Atlus.

Think of this as a crawl in a crawl. We will go along withthem just dressed our way and doing our thing but along with them. This is in no way intended to fracture up the crawl itself.

My thoughts exactly.

redhalo on
  • EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    If this Twilight thing is for real (which I still tend to doubt) than me and my friend are definitely in for this. Even if I were okay with a Twilight theme I don't think my friend would ever tolerate such nonsense.

Ebfan on
  • d20dicerollerd20diceroller Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Much easier to don white shirts, ties and black pants. The comedy is built right in. If I lived out there it would be funny to show up on a bike.

d20diceroller on
    edited April 2009
    If we get enough people into this I will make up black name tags.

MaoChan on
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Haha i would do it just for the morman costume. Well then again without the books you just look like a random office worker.

Azazel on
  • PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    There have been several major pub developments in the last hour. Currently I am leaning towards cosplay as Simon Belmont. Anyone who would prefer to kill vampires is welcome to join me in Clan Belmont.

PeasantDave on
  • eye-shuheye-shuh Walla Walla, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I am so in with you guys!

Fun eye-shuh fact: As a kid I was peer-pressured by my ex-crazy step-dad to become Mormon. I was baptized and everything. I even went to a temple.

I am now officially a heathen!

eye-shuh on
    edited April 2009
    There have been several major pub developments in the last hour. Currently I am leaning towards cosplay as Simon Belmont. Anyone who would prefer to kill vampires is welcome to join me in Clan Belmont.

I fully plan on going equipped with stakes and holy water.

eye-shuh on
  • AzazelAzazel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    HEATHENS!!! THE LOT OF YOU!!!

Azazel on
    edited April 2009
    eye-shuh wrote: »

I fully plan on going equipped with stakes and holy water.

Mormons probably don't like the undead, perhaps Clan Belmont and the CMSCP are completely compatible.

PeasantDave on
    edited April 2009
    Does anyone else feel like they're in a biker gang now? I know I do.

redhalo on
    edited April 2009
    Don't you mean a mountain bike gang?

MaoChan on
    edited April 2009
    The image of a bunch of drunk mormons doing shots at a bar has been making me laugh for the past hour. This has to be done.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
    edited April 2009
    My brothers and sisters, we are not a group for violence! We are simply a group of the enlightened trying to spread that light to our vampire bretheren.

That and maybe witness some hot vamp on vamp action...but with their clothes on of course.

:P

Seriously, though....I'm beginning not to care what the main crawl theme is, I want to do this. We need to refer to each other as brother and sister though. And should probably come up with our own games.

I also enjoy the prospect of drunk vamps vs. drunk hunters with drunk mormons in the middle trying to keep the peace

JonnyNero on
  • stankerbellstankerbell Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ummm... what exactly is female mormon attire.....i'm not down w/ twilight... but i'll be damned if i have to wear one of those god awful 'little house on the prairie' dresses.....

ew

stankerbell on
  • MeeOkMeeOk Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ummm... what exactly is female mormon attire.....i'm not down w/ twilight... but i'll be damned if i have to wear one of those god awful 'little house on the prairie' dresses.....

ew

You could bastardize the guy's outfits? Black skirt, white shirt.. tie.. maybe a nifty vest? *has started liking super fitted vests etc, lately*

MeeOk on
  • d20dicerollerd20diceroller Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

ew

Except for the fact that Little House On the Drunk Prairie makes me giggle inside... it could be ftw.

d20diceroller on
    edited April 2009

ew

You could always go the shirt and tie combo as well.

JonnyNero on
    edited April 2009

ew

I think I'll go for black skirt, white shirt, tie, and nametag.

eye-shuh on
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey so what is twilight about and why are people so against it? I'm missing a piece of this puzzle; i don't understand why this fantasy theme is worse than the other fantasy theme.

Is there some sort of shallow underground scene that revolves around twilight or ... ? i don't know

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited April 2009
    I will let the ladies figure it out but I say corrupt the Mormon garb as much as possible.

Guys need to be as traditionally Mormon as possible.

@DeadlySherpa, although I love your mockery in saying that Mormonism is fantasy, it is that we just do not like emo vampires so much we must do our own thing.

MaoChan on
    edited April 2009
    JonnyNero wrote: »
    My brothers and sisters, we are not a group for violence! We are simply a group of the enlightened trying to spread that light to our vampire bretheren.

That and maybe witness some hot vamp on vamp action...but with their clothes on of course.

:P

Seriously, though....I'm beginning not to care what the main crawl theme is, I want to do this. We need to refer to each other as brother and sister though. And should probably come up with our own games.

I also enjoy the prospect of drunk vamps vs. drunk hunters with drunk mormons in the middle trying to keep the peace

I'd be willing to help with the games part!

I can also help out with printing of game cards, etc as I have a hook-up for that sort of thing.

eye-shuh on
    edited April 2009

ew

The members of Clan Belmont wear a variety of fighting attire. ;) Just sayin'.

PeasantDave on
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Highfire on
  • DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    emo vampires? see you're referencing something here i'm not getting

and I meant twilight vs. harry potter not mormonism though it's a p. good theme

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
    edited April 2009
    Highfire wrote: »

Good work, I'll contact them.

MaoChan on
  • MetaverseNomadMetaverseNomad Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    wait... wait... you want to dress up like *Mormons*?! That's even WORSE than vampires! Except the books with flasks in them, that's pretty good.

I'd totally be with you, but as a female, wouldn't dressing up like a Mormon mean I'd have to forego the pub crawl entirely and stay at home with 7 babies? You don't see lady mormons out haranguing people with their golden holy books!

Where's Alterna-Alternative Pub Crawl?! ANYONE??? ANYONE?!?!? At this rate, I'm going to be sitting at home by myself getting wasted, and I'll call it the "Nirvana Pub Crawl". That's very Seattle.

MetaverseNomad on
This discussion has been closed.