As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Why are people so dumb?

bluefoxicybluefoxicy Registered User regular
edited April 2009 in Social Entropy++
Go on Amazon and look up rolling/pastry boards, for rolling out pie crusts or otherwise flattening dough.

"I used it as a cutting board and my knife tore up the wood"

"Not useful as a cutting board"

"I used it as a cutting board and my knife scratched the marble, nowhere in the instructions does this say not for use as a cutting board"

one star one star one star one star one star ...

People. Anything hard is not a cutting board, it's going to tear up your knife. Marble is soft, but will destroy your knife while taking scratches. Soft plastics and wood useful as a cutting board will take knife damage, fact of life, something has to give. And what the hell is with the reviewer that actually wrote "Nowhere in the instructions does this say not for use as a cutting board"?!

Look, see this? Washing machine! Nowhere in the documentation is it labeled "Not for use as a parachute"! Now go strap it to your back and jump out of a plane!

I swear the whole world is a breeding ground for idiots....

People call me Wood Man, 'cause I always got wood.
bluefoxicy on

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    thread lacks, um

I dunno

anything interesting, I guess

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Gabe and tycho don't read the forums.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    And what's the deal with airline peanuts

Also, the best Amazon reviews are the hilariously over-the-top ones.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Amazon reviews are nearly always retarded.

"I BOUGHT THIS LAPTOP AND IT WAS NOT THE ONE I WANTED EVEN THOUGH IT SAYS ON THE SPECS HERE THAT IT IS NOT WHAT I WANTED. ONE STAR."

Moriveth on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2009
    i guess this could be about customer reviews, that's a good topic

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    to be fair, that is why amazon has the system wherein you rate the reviews based on whether or not they were helpful

then helpful reviews get pushed to the top

Quoth on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The best customer reviews are the ones for the Denon networking cable.

Though after a while people are just trying to hard and you're like 'seriously people, this isn't funny anymore'.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    newegg tends to have pretty good reviews, but I think that's also because the people there tend to know what they're talking about

also the thousand or so spore reviews of one star because of the stupid DRM

Granted that game doesn't deserve much more than one star but still

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Quoth wrote: »
    to be fair, that is why amazon has the system wherein you rate the reviews based on whether or not they were helpful

Unless you're like some dick companies who hire people (including Amazon's own Mechanical Turk) to upvote good fake reviews and downvote critical ones.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    As a christian...

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »

Unless you're like some dick companies who hire people (including Amazon's own Mechanical Turk) to upvote good fake reviews and downvote critical ones.

yeah that is hella lame, but what can you do i guess

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    also in terms of dumb people, the lady in this video is pretty dumb

sadly, I think she lives in florida

http://digg.com/d1nqdh

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2009
    Amazon reviews are horrible, especially when they're like "ITEM SHOWED UP DAMAGED! I HAD TO SEND IT BACK AND HAVE IT REPLACED AT NO CHARGE ONE STAR"

That doesn't mean it was a bad item, or the fault of Amazon!

A duck! on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    here's a saga of a stupid person

last night I used an atm and it ate my card and apparently shredded it

great, right, real awesome

so I call the bank this morning to report it lost in their stupid atm and the idiot woman on the other end confirms that they're sending me a new card in 7-10 business days

luckily when I signed up for this account they for some reason gave me two checking accounts, in case a situation arose where I needed to move my money into an auxiliary account -- perfect! now I can use it!

turns out idiot woman cancelled the debit card attached to my auxiliary account -- the one with not a fucking cent in it -- instead of the shredded one

so now I can't get to my money at all

I FUCKING HATE BANKS

AND IDIOT BROADS

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    should i repost my hollow earth story in this thread

tugga on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    tugga wrote: »

you should repost it in every thread

Quoth on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I've been dealing with the local gas company lately who are insistent that I am the sole proprietor of an entire apartment building. They keep calling me to have my gas meter replaced. Except it's not in my apartment, it's in the hallway or basement somewhere. Everytime they call, I ask them, "you do know this an apartment building right" And they're always shocked by this news. "So you don't have access to this?" "No, call the landlord" "Oh"

This has been going on for a year and a half. They call once a month or so.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's because Jenny McCarthy is in charge

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    tugga wrote: »

you should repost it in every thread

You should make it your sig.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    here's a saga of a stupid person

last night I used an atm and it ate my card and apparently shredded it

great, right, real awesome

so I call the bank this morning to report it lost in their stupid atm and the idiot woman on the other end confirms that they're sending me a new card in 7-10 business days

luckily when I signed up for this account they for some reason gave me two checking accounts, in case a situation arose where I needed to move my money into an auxiliary account -- perfect! now I can use it!

turns out idiot woman cancelled the debit card attached to my auxiliary account -- the one with not a fucking cent in it -- instead of the shredded one

so now I can't get to my money at all

I FUCKING HATE BANKS

AND IDIOT BROADS

After I had an issue with ID theft back in'06 (day after Christmas, no less) somebody got my account number and registered a domain and hosting. I called up Bank of America and reported it and had them cancel the card and reverse the charge. They said they'd send me a new one in 5-7 business days.

I waited. And waited. Long story short, after three months of phone tag and promises of shipping out a card express next day delivery, and visiting several local branches, I finally walked in one day, sat down, and told them to give me all my goddamn money as they'd dicked me around long enough and I was closing all of my accounts with'em.

They were mailing all these cards out into a black hole, or something.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    Amazon reviews are horrible, especially when they're like "ITEM SHOWED UP DAMAGED! I HAD TO SEND IT BACK AND HAVE IT REPLACED AT NO CHARGE ONE STAR"

That doesn't mean it was a bad item, or the fault of Amazon!

I have had office friends show up at the office holding a package they got from UPS.

"What the fuck happened?" "Uh, well it looks like they hit it with a fork lift." "... so your plasma TV has a hole in it?" "Two holes, actually."

bluefoxicy on
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    yeah bank of america is causing my current nightmare too, sh

fucking banks

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Everyone knows that Amazon comments are a den of ignorance. Only slightly better than YouTube comments.

Hunter on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    When I stole your card I changed your mailing address.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    pfft, women

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yeah, I've been dealing with the local gas company lately who are insistent that I am the sole proprietor of an entire apartment building. They keep calling me to have my gas meter replaced. Except it's not in my apartment, it's in the hallway or basement somewhere. Everytime they call, I ask them, "you do know this an apartment building right" And they're always shocked by this news. "So you don't have access to this?" "No, call the landlord" "Oh"

This has been going on for a year and a half. They call once a month or so.

Damn. I get that for the battery, and they actually come into my apartment like "Where's the meter?" and I'm like "Look, here's some beer I made, go away, it's in the basement, call the management company."

bluefoxicy on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    yeah bank of america is causing my current nightmare too, sh

fucking banks

i just closed my bank of america account about an hour ago

h5

tugga on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited April 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    Everyone knows that Amazon comments are a den of ignorance. Only slightly better than YouTube comments.

Amazon lost a little luster in my eyes when they cut off all the comments from the Tuscan Milk entry. Something like 1000 poems were made expressing that milk's glory!

A duck! on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    pfft, women
    right?

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    One morning I while I rushed to the print shop to pick up a project I'd sent, I stopped in at the bank a block away just to deposit a check and make sure my balance was alright.

I guess at some point after completing my transaction I completely forgot to get my card from the machine even with the beeping it was no-doubt emitting to warn me. It wasn't until I got my print that I found out my ATM/Debit card was missing so I charged it on my Visa and ran back to the bank to retrieve it if possible.

The woman at the desk when I walked in saw the distress on my face and asked if there was a problem. I explained that I left my card in the machine and if they had retrieved it. She told me she'd check, as the ATM just sucks up un-claimed cards and dumps them in a bin. She came back and asked my name and birthdate and then gave me back the card and everything was cool.

I was so relieved.

Thank you Sovereign Bank in downtown Boston, you are a lifesaver.

TankHammer on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    also, newer people use silpats for cutting boards at my school and I want to murder them

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    well apparently they have a little mini-wolverine in this atm who shreds cards with a vengeance if they get stuck in there

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    also, newer people use silpats for cutting boards at my school and I want to murder them

Isn't that why you guys buy those extra good knives? I thought it was for murdering the ignorant fucks. It's why I order all the acid for the lab and keep a supersack of quicklime handy.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I've had pretty good service from Washington Mutual. Didn't even have to go into a branch to open the account, did it all online.

Of course now my account will soon be transitioned into a Chase one, so I dunno what's gonna happen next.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Isn't that why you guys buy those extra good knives? I thought it was for murdering the ignorant fucks. It's why I order all the acid for the lab and keep a supersack of quicklime handy.

god I wish

the amount of staggeringly stupid shit I see from other students just makes me wish I had some quicklime

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

god I wish

the amount of staggeringly stupid shit I see from other students just makes me wish I had some quicklime

How many tons do you want?

I do work for a large minerals company you know.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

several tons

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Some student walks into the room.

There's pip in full coveralls with a mask, gloves, and foot covering. He's not happy.

Ok, the student says with a resigned tone

Pip shoot him in the head with a single silenced pistol shot and walks out.

The student drops his bag of bagels.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

god I wish

Wait I'm having a hard time making food come out edible, and you've got culinary school students that can't take a pointy object and a blunt object and figure out which one's the knife and which one goes in their ass?

... well I WAS considering going to school to learn how to cook but... maybe I'll survive better on my own...

bluefoxicy on
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I don't understand what you just wrote

was that about a poster here killing a student for bagels because if so you just became an accessory

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg