As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Temptation Island [Phalla] - Game Over (Zealot Victory! Party Animal Draw)

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wow this is awkward. I'm going with Trust though.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Malkor, I think you need to know a couple of things:

1) I think vote closed at 10EST. I think, so don't quote me on that.

2) I'm a villager, don't waste your vote.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    I kept thinking it was 11. Thought it was 11 yesterday too.

Malkor on
  • Options
    DoxaDoxa Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Doxa, I....I don't know how to tell you this, but....

....you're dead.

oh... damn.....

oooOOOoooOOOO

(sorry for stupid)

Doxa on
  • Options
    Mark L. WalbergMark L. Walberg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Vote Closed ... obviously.

Okay... really sorry about this tonight, guys. I've been developing some sort of headcold for a week now and it caught up to me today. I laid down after work for a nap and just woke up now. So... incredibly sorry for the delays. Narration soon, I hope.

Mark L. Walberg on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    Wow this is awkward. I'm going with Trust though.

It does close at 10pm EST, but I was not around to close the Vote, so it's only fair that I count you as active... although I will not count the vote. Sorry.

Mark L. Walberg on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Night Eight

On Air
    "Whew… I don't know about you guys, but the sun is starting to get to me. I don't know how you guys can party like that and still look so good when you get up. Wow!

"So, who have you chosen for the Booth? Which player might have to be satisfied with simply good looks instead of a boatload of cash? Ah yes, Erin, looks like you may have to rely on that cute smile of yours for a few years longer yet. Step into the Booth and let our cameras know who you'd like to keep even further away from the cash prize.

"While she's doing that, the rest of you may as well kick back and try to stay cool in this heat. I'll be back to see how you're doing tomorrow. Play nice, everyone!"

Off Air
    Look, things are getting tough behind the scenes. Let's not waste any more time (and give the Execs a bigger excuse to shut us down) and let's get straight to the Roll Call.

Arasaki, my friends, can no longer be found on the island. The Producers say she asked to be sent home sometime last night. Maybe she was upset that she was sent to the Booth? Honestly, I thought "Emily" was tougher than that, but I guess no one's perfect?

Actually, scratch that. Our medical staff is darn near perfect, I'd say. They have kept you lot alive out here, no matter how many of you have seemingly tried to kill yourselves. Ha! Oh, I know none of you have any suicidal tendencies, but you should see some of the stuff they're pumping out of Ryadic and visiblehowl. I don't know what drink those two must have shared, but the medics say that it's no wonder the two have been passed out for hours. "Danielle" and "Edward" are definitely not going to make it back to the game—they're likely to be stuck in the hospital for weeks!

But, now that we know why those few aren't here, what have the rest of you to say about the Zealots? Who do you think's gone Fundie? Ah, WilDPanthA05 is it? Well, get on over here, "Charlotte" and let's have ourselves a chat. The rest of you, sleep well. I'll see you tomorrow afternoon!
    Players Removed
    WilDPanthA05
    Ryadic
    visiblehowl
    Arasaki

Mark L. Walberg on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    PMs are now out.

Activity Status

Players Removed
    Locus

Locus missed two consecutive Nights. There are no warnings tonight. Although, I suppose Malkor's technically on notice... no more freebies.

Mark L. Walberg on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    FoooOOOooooOOOoooey...

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Two reds? Not a bad night.

We're getting low on numbers, though. D:

Burnage on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    OOoOoOoOO

Oh well.

OoOOoOOOo

Arasaki on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, since A) Ryadic was a good special, and B) Michaelangelo is the best ninja turtle, I'll respect his wishes and go for Loxx.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Andrew RyanAndrew Ryan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I can agree with that.

!Loxx

It looks like we have 11 left alive.

8 zealots are dead, and so far they've been evenly distributed male and female.

2. Sticks - (Connor) - M - Single **died Night 5
    11. Toxic Toys - (Alfie) - M - Single **died Night 7
    12. lonelyahava - (Molly) - F - Single **died Night 7
    45. visiblehowl - (Edward) - M - Single **died Night 8
    60. Maximus - (Keira) - F - Single **died Night 5
    65. Locus - (Cindy) - F - Single **died Night 8 (Inactivity)

19. Daius - (Charlie) - M - Couple - Doxa - (Sophie) F **died Night 4

The 11 of us still here are 6 male and 5 female.

6. Loxx - (Joseph) - M - Single
    20. TehSloth - (Jacob) - M - Single
    27. Andrew Ryan - (Ryan) - M - Single
    43. Delmain - (Cameron) - M - Single
    63. Trust - (Aaron) - M - Single
    64. Burnage - (Andrew) - M - Single

10. The_Reflection - (Amy) - F - Single
    28. simonwolf - (Poppy) - F - Single
    46. Malkor - (Madison) - F - Single
    49. Varcayn - (Scarlett) - F - Single
    54. durax - (Evie) - F - Single

So it seems logical that there are 2 more zealots left, 1 male and 1 female.

Andrew Ryan on
    Mbt2W.gifbLHcF.gifMbt2W.gifbLHcF.gif
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    WilDPanthA05WilDPanthA05 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Arasaki wrote: »
    OOoOoOoOO

Oh well.

OoOOoOOOo

ooOOOOOoo

See, told you

ooOOOOOoo

WilDPanthA05 on
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Loxx then. It's our only real 'lead'.

There's not really much discussion to have, other than, if Loxx is a fundie, are we gonna pick one of the ladies tomorrow? If so, which one?

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hmm. I'm a bit cautious about this Loxx bandwagon, but I'll throw a vote on it for now.

Burnage on
  • Options
    LoxxLoxx Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Wait, just so I'm clear on this, we're bandwaggoning me because I voiced some reasonable suspicions and they turned out to be wrong? Ok, that's cool...I guess.

I'm tempted to vote Andrew Ryan just for some terrible counting skills.

2. Sticks - (Connor) - M - Single **died Night 5
    11. Toxic Toys - (Alfie) - M - Single **died Night 7
    12. lonelyahava - (Molly) - F - Single **died Night 7
    45. visiblehowl - (Edward) - M - Single **died Night 8
    60. Maximus - (Keira) - F - Single **died Night 5
    65. Locus - (Cindy) - F - Single **died Night 8 (Inactivity)

19. Daius - (Charlie) - M - Couple - Doxa - (Sophie) F **died Night 4

That's a list of 4 males and 3 females.

There weren't any website kills last night, which is interesting. My first thought is pointing towards Malkor. Locus was removed for inactivity, so I would guess he also didn't participate in sending in a baddie vote. Visiblehowl may have been blocked as well as removed, and Malkor was absent until after vote close for a second time. Claiming you thought the close was at 11 at this point in the game (Day 8/9) just doesn't feel right to me.

Loxx on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Loxx wrote: »
    Wait, just so I'm clear on this, we're bandwaggoning me because I voiced some reasonable suspicions and they turned out to be wrong? Ok, that's cool...I guess.

I'm tempted to vote Andrew Ryan just for some terrible counting skills.

2. Sticks - (Connor) - M 1 - Single **died Night 5
    11. Toxic Toys - (Alfie) - M 2 - Single **died Night 7
    12. lonelyahava - (Molly) - F 1 - Single **died Night 7
    45. visiblehowl - (Edward) - M 3 - Single **died Night 8
    60. Maximus - (Keira) - F 2- Single **died Night 5
    65. Locus - (Cindy) - F 3 - Single **died Night 8 (Inactivity)

19. Daius - (Charlie) - M 4 - Couple - Doxa - (Sophie) F 4 **died Night 4

That's a list of 4 males and 3 females.

I have now counted them out individually and bolded each one. Do you disagree with this count?

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Yes, pay attention to what you're copying and pasting. Doxa isn't red. You copied the line from the couples list for Daius, which also says who his couple partner was. Look through the single list, and the narration, and you'll see Doxa in white.

Loxx on
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    For the Record:
    Couple-hood and Single-ness, as well as Gender and your Character names, were all determined randomly. Nothing should be read into any of it mechanics-wise.

I don't think the assumption that the remaining zealots are split evenly amongst the genders is worth considering.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Didn't see Doxa in the singles list, fair enough.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Loxx i guess

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd just like to make it clear that my vote is completely unrelated to what Andrew Ryan has said, and entirely related to Ryadic's suspicions, who is one of the few people who's views I trust at this point.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    My vote is likewise not tied to my own suspicions and is simply going along with Ryadic's wishes.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !Loxx because, as Tehsloth said, Michaelangelo and green specials are trustworthy.

Delmain on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    !Loxx for Ryadic.

durax on
  • Options
    VarcaynVarcayn Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Loxx

Not much to be said about him at this point.

Varcayn on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Loxx. Before the buzzer this time too!

Malkor on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Vote Closed

Mark L. Walberg on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    You will all be happy to know that the village has continued it's streak of not hitting a zealot with the vote. Congrats. :|

Loxx on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Well if you're green you could continue our streak of following the wishes of dead green guys by naming our next vote target.

Andrew Ryan on
    naknaknaknaknak
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Night Nine

On Air
    "Wooo! Will the party never end, people? Haha… it's got to end sometime. It might end early for you today, even! I suppose that all depends on who you've decided to send to the Booth. What? You're not sending anyone to the Booth? That… that's kind of a silly idea, don't you think? Are you sure you don't want to take this chance to move someone further away from the cash prize? Well, if you say so. I guess I'll be back tomorrow to check on you again. Play nice everyone!"

Off Air
    So really, were you guys still drunk this afternoon? Why wouldn't you send anyone to the Booth? Gah… Anyway, we've still got that Zealot threat to deal with, so let's get to the Roll Call.

First, I've received an update from our Doctor and he says that Trust is recovering but won't be back for the game. "Aaron" was found passed out in his room, face down on his table in a puddle of liquid. It's a familiar scene, so the medics made sure to not touch the drink while they grabbed the intoxicated man and took him back to the medical tent. He'll live, but he'll likely have one hell of a headache.

Anyway, time for the vote. Oh, except you should come up here with me, Andrew Ryan. I'm curious why our team has found your name recently popping up more and more often on the anonymous Zealot websites. Do you think you could tell me about it, "Ryan?" We'll have a good chat later, don't you worry.

As for the rest of you, who do you think is a Zealot. Loxx wins the vote, does he? Well, come on up here "Joseph" and let's take a walk. I'll see the rest of you tomorrow. Sleep well, everyone!
    Players Removed
    Loxx
    Andrew Ryan
    Trust

Activity Status

simonwolf has missed his second Night. If he misses any other Night, he will be removed due to inactivity. There are no other warnings.

Mark L. Walberg on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ugh, I'm terrible at this.

TehSloth on
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    ((Game over?))

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Game Over!

Off Air
    Wake up! Get up you lousy slackers. What? Don't complain to me that it's not even noon yet—I am not in the mood. I don't care that you just went to bed. I was woken up by a screaming Exec over two hours ago!

Oh, that gets your attention, does it? Well, good. Unfortunately, that's about all that could be called "good" today. The ratings numbers came in last night after the episode aired and they were not good. Not. Good. FOX is pulling the plug and shutting Temptation Island down for good. Immediately.

That's right—no cash prize for any of you! Hell, the bigwigs think they've actually lost twice that at least. Those damned Zealots and their internet smear campaign pulled it off. They kept feeding insider information to the web and twisting it with their crazy views.

So, we're off the island today. Grab your stuff and get moving. God, how can you people live with yourselves? It's been nothing but a non-stop party for over a week. Don't you think it's time you became productive members of society again? Gah! You've got two hours to get your shit together or I leave you on this island. Starting now!

Zealot Victory!
    Victorious Zealots:
    durax
    simonwolf

Victorious Zealot Converts:
    The_Reflection
    Delmain
    Party Animal Draw!
    Surviving Party Animal (Victory Condition not met):
    TehSloth
    Villager Loss!
    Losing Villagers:
    Burnage
    Malkor
    Varcayn

Mark L. Walberg on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Church.Happy.Color_691x600.jpg
    [size=+1]Repent all ye Sinners![/size]
    (1/2 of the Zealot Boards)

durax on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Oh man, is this what victory in a Phalla feels like? It's so... nice.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I will say this.

I was NOT evil when I pulled the vote off of Toxic.

That happened a few nights later.

Cause Durax loved me.

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Man, I so want to see the PMs for this game. Awesome job LaOs!

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Activity levels belie the idea that the village was doing really well.

In spite of having an incredible power like conversion, the zealots we're basically only treading water for the last three days.

durax on