As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Help identifying a rodent

2»

• YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You're a better man than I because I would've just thrown the thing into the fucking street.

I would have done that. I almost the clubbed the thing to death when I originally thought it was a rat(before noticing it had no tail). Once I captured it I was going to let it go outside, but my girlfriend wanted to see it first.

Turns out the little girl next door got it from the apartment office after they found it climbing around another apartment and were unable to find the owner.

YodaTuna on
  • MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    Good news, everybody!

Turns out it was my neighbor's hamster from two apartments down. The little girl had been searching for it all day!

I hope you said, "Well, I found...most...of it." then look real sad.

MichaelLC on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    Good news, everybody!

Turns out it was my neighbor's hamster from two apartments down. The little girl had been searching for it all day!

I hope you said, "Well, I found...most...of it." then look real sad.

Look, there's already numerous reasons why I'm going to hell, I don't need to add "Making unknown little neighbor girl cry"

YodaTuna on
  • LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Damnit, my girlfriend is going to want to keep it.

They're really fun pets. Low odor, intellegent, and social if handeld carefully.

I've been staunch anti-pet for awhile. In normal circumstances, I would let this slide and keep it. Unfortunately I'm unemployed and can't really afford hamster equipment and a vet visit.

Vets do not usually do anything for rodents? Unless you are taking it to get identified.

Laonar on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Laonar wrote: »
    Damnit, my girlfriend is going to want to keep it.

They're really fun pets. Low odor, intellegent, and social if handeld carefully.

I've been staunch anti-pet for awhile. In normal circumstances, I would let this slide and keep it. Unfortunately I'm unemployed and can't really afford hamster equipment and a vet visit.

Vets do not usually do anything for rodents? Unless you are taking it to get identified.

Depends on the vet.

And the rodent.

Anyway, I'm glad the hamster was reunited with her owner. That's a sweet ending. :^:

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Chimpmunk maybe? Horribly-disfigured previously-tailed rodent?

Or, as I so often would proclaim when taking pictures of creatures in The Amazon Trail, "It's a new species!"

Yeah, but it's not really Amazon Trail unless you go into the jungle ... immediately after going into the jungle and OHFUCKTHERE'SANAGOUTIshititgotaway ...

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • RazielRaziel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hurray!

Raziel on
    Read the mad blog-rantings of a manic hack writer here.

Thank you, Rubacava!
  • RNEMESiS42RNEMESiS42 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    You're a better man than I because I would've just thrown the thing into the fucking street.

Really? You must have not have seen the pictures because it was obviously a cute little hamster.

Good to know that it was somebody's and he has a home to go to.

RNEMESiS42 on
    my apartment looks upside down from there
    water spirals the wrong way out the sink
  • mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

hahahahaha.

Nice.

mooshoepork on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    RNEMESiS42 wrote: »

Really? You must have not have seen the pictures because it was obviously a cute little hamster.

Good to know that it was somebody's and he has a home to go to.

You're giving me too much credit. My rules go, "If something living comes out of my walls - it dies a quick death."

I've lived in an apartment with lots of mice and they have turned me into a hater of all things small and furry.

Having said that, GJ on not killing the little girls pet.

SatanIsMyMotor on